Kangana Ranaut is a well-known Indian actress. She works predominantly in the Bollywood film industry. She is one of the highest-paid actresses in the industry and is the recipient of numerous awards. She is addressed in the Bollywood Industry as a One Take Actor. Ranaut has featured 6 times in Forbes India’s Celebrity 100 list. In 2020, the Government of India awarded her with the Padma Shri.
Kangana was born in a Rajput family on 23 March 1986 in Bhambla, Himachal Pradesh, India. She was quite stubborn and rebellious as a child. Her father, Amardeep Ranaut, is a businessman and contractor and her mother, Asha Ranaut, is a school teacher. She has an elder sister named Rangoli and a younger brother named Akshit Ranaut. Kangana began dating Aditya Pancholi while she was struggling. They broke up owing to the physical abuse suffered by Kangana.
Soon Ranaut saw love in Adhyayan Suman. The lovebirds met on the sets of the movie Raaz in 2009. Unluckily, their relationship didn’t last for long. Subsequently, she was rumored to be dating Ajay Devgn during the shoot of Once Upon A Time In Mumbai. Then, Ranaut went into a brief relationship with a British Doctor, Nicholas Lafferty. After that, she began dating Hrithik Roshan. Their relationship which turned out to be one of the most famous talked-about relationships of Bollywood ended with a legal battle.
Kangana Ranaut Wiki/Bio[table id=2336 /]
Kangana Ranaut completed her schooling at DAV School, Chandigarh with a science stream. Originally, she desired to be a doctor at the urging of her parents. However, a failed unit test in chemistry led her to change her mind and despite having prepared for AIPMT, she did not turn up for the exam. According to Ranaut, while attending DAV School in Chandigarh, Ranita and Bonding were her roommates in the hostel, and they were named Charlie’s Angel. Her mother craved to get her married at the age of 16 but Ranaut was planned to find her space and freedom. So, she left her college midway and relocated to Delhi.
In Delhi, she entered the Elite Modelling Agency where she briefly worked as a model. Later, Ranaut followed the Asmita Theatre Group and got trained under the direction of theatre director Arvind Gaur. She participated in numerous plays including Girish Karnad’s Taledanda (Rakt-Kalyan) and a positive response from the fans prompted her to travel to Mumbai. Ranaut registered herself in Asha Chandra’s drama school for a 4-month acting course. After making her debut in Gangster in 2006, she was awarded by her school principal ma’am Dr. Sachdeva crowned her the Pride of DAV.
Kangana Ranaut Net Worth
Kangana Ranaut has an estimated net worth of $15 million as of 2023.[table id=2337 /]
- During her beginning days in Bollywood, Kangana was in a relationship with Aditya Pancholi, who was about 20 years older than her and already married. However, things got twisted when she accused Aditya of brutality and broke up with him.
- After her break up with Adhyayan Suman, he stated, “I was emotionally bothered because of my relationship. Ranaut only understands how to use, abuse, and throw. Kangana has flooded me with abusive calls ever since the truth about her fake claims came out. I have remained silent on her abusive nature for several years, but she is crossing all limits now. Since I haven’t been taking her calls, her aides have been calling my mother and harassing her.”
- Kangana Ranaut is known for her bold statements, but she made a gaffe during a chat show by saying that, “Just good friends could be friendship plus f**k buddies. Just friends in Bollywood mean f**k buddies who are little promoted.”
- During the 2012 Blender Pride Fashion Week, in Mumbai, Kangana suffered a wardrobe malfunction while walking the ramp for designer Gavin Miguel.
- Kangana and Hrithik Roshan had a media-led fight which started off with her calling him a silly ex and later resulted in full-blown name-calling, e-mail leaking, legal battle.
- During the MeToo movement in 2018, she alleged that Vikas Bahl had harassed her on the sets of ‘Queen.’
- Just before the release of her film Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi in 2019, the Karni Sena threatened the makers of the movie that if the image of Rani Lakshmibai is maligned in the film, then makers will have to face consequences. To which Ranaut strongly answered, 4 historians have certified ‘Manikarnika’, we have got censor certificate as well, Karni Sena has been conveyed this but they are continuing to harass me. If they don’t stop then they should know I am also a Rajput and I will defeat each one of them.
- Kangana and Sanjay Raut of the Shiv Sena barred in a bitter war of words since Kangana termed Mumbai unsafe after the death of actor Sushant Singh Rajput. Earlier, her comment that she dreaded living in Mumbai had led to a severe backlash from the Shiv Sena, and the state’s home minister Anil Deshmukh said she had no right to stay in Mumbai. She accused Sena leaders like Sanjay Raut of threatening her and remarked why is Mumbai feeling like Pakistan-occupied- Kashmir. This comment escalated the row between Kangana and Shiv Sena. Later, the Centre government-sanctioned “Y-plus” security cover to Kangana Ranaut; with this, the actress had a total of 11 CRPF personnel for her personal protection.
Kangana Ranaut made her debut in Bollywood with the romantic thriller film Gangster. Ranaut was just 17 while shooting and described her craft as raw and immature. The movie emerged as a commercial hit and her role was praised by the fans. Her next role was in Mohit Suri’s Woh Lamhe in the year 2006, which was a semi-biographical film based on Parveen Babi’s relationship with the director Mahesh Bhatt. The movie remained moderately successful at the box office.
The Next year, she portrayed an aspiring musician in Suneel Darshan’s musical thriller Shakalaka Boom Boom, alongside Bobby Deol, Upen Patel, and Celina Jaitly. Kangana next portrayed a village girl in Dhaam Dhoom in 2008, a Tamil romantic thriller, opposite Jayam Ravi.
The supernatural horror movie Raaz: The Mystery Continues from director Mohit Suri was her first movie release of 2009, in which she played a successful model who is controlled by a ghost. In a brief part of Anurag Basu’s romantic thriller Kites in 2010, she portrayed the fiancée of Hrithik Roshan’s character.
Kangana then portrayed fictional movie actress Rehana in the Milan Luthria-directed gangster film Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai. Her first release of 2011 was Anand L. Rai’s Tanu Weds Manu, a romantic comedy opposite R. Madhavan, which Ranaut considers a game-changer for her. Ranaut followed the success of Tanu Weds Manu by starring in a series of brief, glamorous roles in four other films of 2011: Game, Double Dhamaal, Rascals, and Miley Naa Miley Hum.
In 2014, Ranaut established herself in Hindi cinema when she featured alongside Rajkummar Rao and Lisa Haydon in the coming-of-age dramedy Queen; she also co-wrote the dialogues with Anvita Dutt Guptan. The following year, Ranaut starred in Tanu Weds Manu: Returns (2015), a sequel to Tanu Weds Manu, in which she portrayed a dual role – she reprised the character of Tanuja from the original and also portrayed an aspiring athlete in it.
After a year-long absence from the screen, Ranaut starred as Julia, a 1940s heroine and stunt-woman in Vishal Bhardwaj’s romance Rangoon in 2017, opposite Saif Ali Khan and Shahid Kapoor. In the year 2019, Ranaut starred in Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi, a biopic of the Indian freedom fighter Rani of Jhansi, for which she also served as co-director when Krish left the film after frequently clashing with the actress. Ranaut began the new decade with Ashwiny Iyer Tiwari’s sports film Panga in 2020. She played a young mother and homemaker who trains to stage a comeback in kabaddi.[table id=2338 /]
Facts About Kangana Ranaut
- Does Kangana Ranaut smoke?: Yes
- Does Kangana Ranaut drink alcohol?: Yes
- She stated that she rarely saw movies, as her hometown didn’t have a theatre, and DVD’s was a rarity at that time.
- Ranaut was kicked out of her home when she told her family that she wanted to enter the glamour world.
- Kangana is one of the youngest Indian actresses to win the National Film Awards at the age of 22, Best Supporting Actress for Fashion in 2008.
- Ranaut went to New York for her scriptwriting course but had to drop it midway; as she had to return to India to promote her film ‘Queen’.
- Kangana is a trained Kathak dancer.
- Ranaut dreams of purchasing an organic farmhouse and a stable in Shimla after she retires from her work.
- In September 2017, Ranaut shared explosive things about her personal life and the Bollywood film industry on Rajat Sharma‘s ‘Aap Ki Adalat.’
he does unconventional films and speaks her mind. She isn’t afraid to talk about nepotism and sexual assault, calling out Karan Johar and Vikas Bahl. But she keeps attacking every actor for no reason. All of her exes have only negative things to say about her.
Kangana is a self-made woman. Despite being an outsider, she has done quite well for herself. She is damn good at what she does. As an actor, she has only a few equals. She has been very brave in her choice of movies and only done very challenging roles. Not just that, she has spoken out against patriarchy, casting couch issue,s and pay disparity between both the sexes and positioned herself as a gender champion in public. That’s admirable.
In an editorial in Saamana, Shiv Sena accuses BJP of conspiring to separate Mumbai from Maharashtra. This comes two days after Kangana Ranaut was granted Y+ security cover. This protection is informally called “VIP security”, and it is generally given only to someone who holds a position of consequence either in the government or in civil society.
Queen -best female-centric movie of Bollywood till now, National award for best Hindi film and national award for best actress of 2014.