Kajol Mukherjee Devgan is a well-known Indian actress. The actress is mainly working in the Bollywood film industry and famous for her beauty and acting skills. Kajol has dominated the stage over a decade as well as taking a lot of prestige, love, and affection of mass media with radiant and passionate acting. She is acclaimed by the many critics and the Indian government awarded her with Padma Shri.
Kajol was born on 5 August 1974 in Mumbai, she belongs to filmy family background. Her father, Shomu Mukherjee is a filmmaker, and mother, Tanuja Mukherjee is a Bollywood actress. She has a younger sister Tanisha Mukherjee, who is also a Bollywood actress. Kajol is a cousin of Bollywood star Rani Mukherjee, Raj Mukherjee, Sharbani Mukherjee, and Mohnish Behl. Her other cousin Ayan Mukherjee is a director. Deb Mukherjee and Joy Mukherjee are her paternal uncle. Nutan was her aunt, she was also an actress.
The actress is married to Bollywood famous actor Ajay Devgn. They are proud parents of two children Nysa and Yug. She met Ajay during the shooting of the film Gundaraaj. She initially didn’t like him but within 15 days of shooting, both fell in love with each other. After dating each other for some time couple tied the knot on 24 February 1999. Before marrying Ajay Devgn, Kajol had a relationship with Karthik, a South Indian actor.
|Birth Name||Kajol Mukherjee|
|Age||(as in 2020) 46 Years|
|Debut||• Film: Bekhudi (1992)|
• TV: Rock-N-Roll Family (2008, as a judge)
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Leo|
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Date of Birth||5 August 1974|
|Residence||• 5/6, Sheetal Apartments, Ground Floor, Opposite Chandan Cinema, Juhu, Mumbai|
• 45/D Malgari Road, Mumbai
|Home Town||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Mother's Name||Tanuja (Actress)|
|Father's Name||Late Shomu Mukherjee (Filmmaker)|
|Sister||Tanishaa Mukherjee (Younger, Actress)|
|Others||• Rani Mukherjee|
• Raj Mukherjee
• Sharbani Mukherjee
• Mohnish Behl
• Ayan Mukherjee
• Deb Mukherjee (Uncle)
• Joy Mukherjee (Uncle)
• Nutan (Aunt)
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Karthik (South Indian Actor)|
• Ajay Devgan (Bollywood Actor)
Marital Status, Husband and Children
|Marriage Date||24 February 1999|
|School||St. Joseph's Convent School, Panchgani, Maharashtra|
|Educational Qualification||School Dropout|
|Brands Endorsed||• Lifebuoy |
• RIN Detergent
• Mango Fillz
• Fortune Basinati Rice
• Knorr Soup
• Mcvities Wholewheat Marie
• Bournvita little champs
• Gold Winner
• Shiksha The Loomba Trust & others
|Career Manager||Not Known|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 160 cm|
in meters- 1.6 m
in Feet Inches- 5' 3”
|Weight (Approx.)||in Kilograms- 57 kg|
in Pounds- 126 lbs
Extra Ordinary Features
|Dress Size||5 (US)|
|Shoe Size||6 (US)|
|Cars Collection||Mercedes Benz SUV, Audi Q7|
|Favourite Actors||Ajay Devgn, Shah Rukh Khan|
|Favourite Director||Aditya Chopra|
|Favourite Films||Bollywood: Sholay, Chaalbaaz|
Hollywood: Casablanca, Ironman 3, Gone With The Wind
|Favourite Food||Pizza, Spaghetti Salad with Olives and French Fries|
|Favourite Book||Notes to Myself: My Struggle to Become a Person by Hugh Prather|
|Favourite Perfume||Cool Waters|
Kajol completed her schooling from St. Joseph’s Convent School, Panchgani, Maharashtra. During her school days, she used to participate in dance competitions and many other extra-curricular activities. Kajol was a very stubborn and impulsive girl from early childhood. At a young age, her parents were separated but the split didn’t impact her life. Later, She dropped out of school to pursue a full-time acting career in movies.
Kajol made her Bollywood debut with the movie Bekhudi in 1992. She had her first commercial success with the film Baazigar in 1993. According to her, her negative role in Gupt(1997) was the toughest role to date. She became the first Indian actress to win a Filmfare award for her negative role. In 2008, along with her husband Ajay Devgn she made her television debut as a judge with the show ‘Rock n Roll family.
Kajol is a noted social activist known for her social work towards underprivileged children and widows. She has also received the Karmaveer Puraskaar in 2008 for the same. According to the actress, “every child deserves education”, as “education is the basic need of society”. She is also involved with Shiksha, an NGO that works in the field of children’s education. In 2012, Kajol was appointed as the brand ambassador of Pratham, a charity organization for children
Kajol Net Worth
Kajol is a renowned TV face as well and she also endorses many brands that reportedly offer good remuneration to the Bollywood actor. The net worth of Kajol is estimated at INR 200 crores. Kajol owns one of Mumbai’s most luxurious and classic houses. The name for the building is ‘Shiv Shakti’. Reportedly, the house is well recognized as a masterpiece in architecture. She also owns a luxurious Audi Q7 that her husband Ajay Devgn has gifted her and a Mercedes Benz SUV.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2019 (Approx)||INR 200 crores|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2018(Approx)||Under Review|
|Annual Salary||Under Review|
- Miffed with Tanisha Mukherjee- Kajol and her husband Ajay was not happy with Tanisha Mukherjee because of the way she was portraying herself on the national television. They told Salman Khan to evict her from the Show as soon as possible.
- No Invitation For Rani’s Marriage- Rani Mukherjee and Kajol are cousins. But when Rani decided to get married to longtime beau Aditya Chopra. She didn’t invite Kajol for her wedding. Kajol was very upset and there was news of a cold war between the two actresses. However, now things are fine between the two.
- Photoshoot- Kajol once got into controversy due to her photoshoot. Apparently, she and veteran actress Rekha did a photoshoot together. The photoshoot was very sensual. She and Rekha slipped into the same sweater for the photo which is not acceptable as per the Indian society.
- Fallout With Karan Johar– Her one of the best buddies in Bollywood is Karan Johar. In the year 2016, her friendship with Karan Johar ended and the reason behind it was the Diwali clash of her husband’s Shivaay and Karan Johar’s Ae Dil Hai Mushqil. Kajol went on Twitter to support her husband. After the end of their friendship, Karan said in his biography,” I don’t have a relationship with Kajol anymore. We’ve had a fallout.
The Sizzling combination of Shahrukh Khan and Kajol became popular when they together with Yash Chopra gave India’s highest-grossing Bollywood film- Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge in 1995. This was the point, which recognized Kajol as a Superstar and rose her to fame overnight. This film won 10 Filmfare Awards.
Thereafter, she formed a formidable on-screen pair with Shahrukh Khan and did films with him as his love interest in films like Kuch Kuch Hota Hain, Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham, Karan Arjun, and My Name is Khan among others. For her work, she has gained a lot of respect and recognition in the Indian Film Industry by delivering the highest quality of work.
A few of her much loved movies are Pyaar Kiya to Darna Kya, Pyaar To Hona Hi Tha, Fanaa, and Dushman among others. She was recently seen in films such as Helicopter Eela and Tanhaji. She will be next seen in the film titled Tribhanga.
|1994||Udhar Ki Zindagi|
Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge
|1996||Bambai Ka Babu|
Pyaar To Hona Hi Tha
Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
|1999||Dil Kya Kare|
Hum Aapke Dil Mein Rehte Hain
Hote Hote Pyar Ho Gaya
|2001||Kuch Khatti Kuch Meethi|
Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham
|2003||Kal Ho Naa Ho|
Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna
|2007||Om Shanti Om|
|2008||U Me Aur Hum|
Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi
|2010||My Name Is Khan|
We Are Family
Toonpur Ka Super Hero
|2012||Student of the Year|
|2017||Velaiilla Pattadhari 2|
|2020||Taanaji: The Unsung Warrior|
TV Shows List
|2008||Rock n Roll family|
Facts About Kajol
- Does Kajol drink alcohol?: No
- Does she Smoke?: No
- Kajol is half Bengali and half Maharashtrian.
- She can speak Marathi, but she struggles in speaking Bengali.
- Kajol started acting at an early age of 16, while she was doing her schooling.
- In year 1992, During a portfolio shoot, the team want to remove Kajal’s brow from the middle. But, Mickey Contractor (Bollywood makeup artist) suggested the team that her unibrow or joined eyebrows is a unique feature and shouldn’t be removed.
- She got pregnant for the first time in 2001, however, she suffered a miscarriage.
- In 2006, miniature dolls of her, Priyanka Chopra, Hrithik Roshan, and Shah Rukh Khan were launched in the United Kingdom.
- In the year 2008, She also received a Karamveer Puraskar award for her social work.
- Kajol is an avid reader.
- She cannot cook at all.
- Kajol is a socialite and loves to hang out with ladies much elder than her.
- She was offered a role in 3 idiots (2009), but she refused the offer as she was not happy with the role.
- Kajol became the first Indian actor to be invited by NASDAQ to open the American stock exchange along with Shah Rukh Khan, in 2010.
- Her biggest hit Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995) holds the record of reaching 1000+ consecutive weeks screening in a single cinema – Maratha Mandir in Mumbai.
- She prefers online shopping and is not brand conscious.
Are Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol in love?
Individuals, they are in love as much you love your friend, they both have got a sweet loving family, both are happily in love with their own spouses and both have adorable children. so yes they love and respect each other as friends, and it is fact that they have given us some outstanding movies, to cherish for a lifetime, many of our childhood romances were inspired by their love chemistry. But in real life, Shahrukh very much loves Gauri and Kajol is head over heels for Ajay.
Is Kajol more beautiful or Kareena Kapoor?
According to looks, Kareena Kapoor is more beautiful than Kajol. But both actresses have a unique way of acting so everyone loves Kajol and Kareena.
Has Kajol ruined her career by marrying Ajay Devgan?
The beautiful actress says that she was always clear that she will do at least one film a year after her marriage. Also, Kajol added that it was the right thing for her to do at that point in time. She had been already working for about eight and a half to nine years before marrying Ajay Devgan. She was doing four to five films in a year. But she did not want to do only that thing in whole life. So she decided that she would get married and does only one film a year. And now she will be comfortable and be more static.
Does Kajol deserve a statue in Madame Tussauds museum?
If Shahrukh Khan can, Salman Khan can, Amitabh Bachchan can, Aishwarya Rai can then why not Kajol! The above actors have done nothing special nor having a statue at madam Tussaud’s mean anything. So, KAJOL is equally deserving to have her statue in Tussaud’s.