John Abraham is a well-known Indian actor and producer. He mainly appeared in Hindi films. After being a model for several commercials and companies, he made his acting debut with Jism in 2003, gaining him a nomination for the Filmfare Best Debut Award. This was accompanied by his first commercial hit, Dhoom in 2004. He has won 2 Filmfare Award nominations for his negative characters in Dhoom, claiming to be a successful Hindi film.
John Abraham was born on 17 December 1972 in Kochi, Kerala, India. He was named Farhan Irani by his maternal family but he uses the name John Abraham, which is precisely the opposite of his father’s name, Abraham John, is an architect, and his mother Firoza Irani is a homemaker, who works for welfare. John has a younger brother, Alan Abraham, who is an architect. He also has a sister, Susy Mathew.
John dated the actress Riya Sen and aspired to settle down with her, but Riya declined the proposal as she desired to make her career in Bollywood. John met Bipasha Basu on the sets of their movie Jism and fell in love with her. The duo dated for around eight years but their relationship came to an end because of John’s closeness with Priya. Abraham fell in love with Priya Runchal at a gym in Bandra. The duo tied the knot in a private ceremony on 3 January 2014.
- Johnny Lever Bio, Daughter, Son, Movies, Wife, Comedy, Net Worth & Wiki
- Mohit Sehgal Bio, Age, TV Shows, Wife, Movies, Net Worth & Wiki
John Abraham Wiki/Bio
|Birth Name||Farhan Irani|
|Nick Name||John, Johny|
|Age||(as in 2022) 50 Years|
|Debut||• Film: Jism (2003)|
• Production: Vicky Donor (2012)
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Sagittarius|
|Birth Place||Kochi, Kerala, India|
|Date of Birth||17 December 1972|
|Residence||Ashiyana Estate, John Baptist Road, Bandra West, Mumbai|
|Home Town||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hobbies||Biking and Gymming|
|Mother's Name||Firoza Irani (Homemaker and Charity Worker)|
|Father's Name||Abraham John (Architect)|
|Brother||Alan Abraham (Architect) (Younger)|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Riya Sen (Actress)|
• Bipasha Basu (Actress, 2004-2011)
• Priya Runchal (Banker)
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Wife/Spouse||Priya Runchal (Banker)|
|Marriage Date||3 January 2014|
|School||Bombay Scottish School, Worli, Mumbai|
|College/University||• Jai Hind College, University of Mumbai|
• Mumbai Educational Trust
|Educational Qualification||• B.A. in Economics from Jai Hind College, University of Mumbai|
• MBA from Mumbai Educational Trust
|Profession||Actor, Model, Producer|
|Brands Endorsed||• Gamier Men|
• Van Heusen
• Grasim shoots
• SKYBAGS Collection
• Castrol Powerl Pack
• Godrej Eon Tour De India
• PETA India Eat Eggs and Fish
|Career Manager||Not Known|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 183 cm|
in meters- 1.83 m
in feet inches- 6'
|Weight (Approx.)||in Kilograms - 95kg|
in Pounds - 209 lbs
|Chest Size||48 inches|
|Biceps Size||18 inches|
|Waist Size||36 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Hindu|
|Dress Size||Not Known|
|Shoe Size||10 inches|
|Cars Collection||• Lamborghini Gallardo|
• Audi Q7
• Maruti Gypsy
• Audi Q3
• Nissan Terrano SUV
|Bikes Collection||• Yamaha VMAX|
• Yamaha R1, Suzuki Hayabusa
|Favourite Food||Parsi or Kerala food; Dhansak, Patra-ni-Macchi, Prawn Patia, Thai Food, Puttu with Coconut Milk|
|Favourite Author||Jeffrey Archer|
|Favourite Colors||White and Blue|
|Favourite Actress||Rani Mukerji, Hema Malini|
|Favourite Beverage||Tea, Carrot Juice, Sour Cherry Wine called Visinata (drinks occasionally)|
|Favourite Dessert||Kaju Katli, Chocolate Cookies|
|Favourite Music Bands||Queensryche, Def Leppard, Guns N Roses, Hinder, and Creed|
|Favourite Restaurant||Suzette, Yoga House, Royal China, Thai Baan, Zuma|
|Favourite Outfit||Jeans, T-shirts, and Chappals|
|Controversies||• In 2010, he appeared on a singing reality show, Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar, to promote his film 'Jhootha Hi Sahi.' After Sugandha Mishra's performance, he went on stage and kissed her, which was not liked by her grandfather. Later, when John again appeared on the same show, he apologized for his actions.|
• In September 2016, he allegedly slapped a fan for his misbehavior at the trailer launch event of the film 'Force 2.'
John Abraham completed his schooling at Mumbai’s Bombay Scottish School and joined Jai Hind College, the University of Mumbai to continue a B.A. in Economics. Thereafter, he finished an MBA from Mumbai Educational Trust. He was an active athlete since childhood and competed in 100m and 200m races. John had even expressed his school at the district level in the 100m race. In his teenage, John aimed to become an architect just like his father.
Abraham began his modeling career by portraying a criminal investigator in Jazzy B’s album Surma. Then, He served as a production manager and media planner in Time & Space Media Entertainment Promotions Ltd and Enterprises Nexus. He participated in the Gladrags Manhunt Super Model Contest and lasted out as a runner-up. Later, Jhon also won the Manhunt International Contest. Before moving into Bollywood he joined Kishore Namit Kapoor Acting Laboratory to study the basics of acting.
- Alok Nath Bio, Age, Wife, Movies, TV Shows, Net Worth & Wiki
- Akhil Akkineni Bio, Age, Wife, Movies, Father, Net Worth & Wiki
John Abraham Net Worth
John Abraham has an estimated net worth of INR 220 Crores.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||INR 220 crores|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||Under Review|
|Salary||INR 11 Crore/film|
|Income Source||Actor, Model, Producer|
John Abraham initiated his film debut with N-lism in 2003 opposite Bipasha Basu. His voice was dubbed in the film. Next, he portrayed a negative character in the action movie Dhoom. The film was a commercial hit and placed him as an actor. His hairstyle in the film became the trendsetter among youth. Next, John starred in the action thrillers Karam, and Elaan in 2005, both of which flopped at the box office. John followed with the paranormal thriller Kaal and the comedy Garam Masala both of which did well at the box office. Later that year, John had a role in Water, which played the tragic fate of Hindu widows in British India of the 1930s.
In 2006, he performed at the Rockstars Concert along with fellow Bollywood actors Salman Khan, Kareena Kapoor, Zayed Khan, Shahid Kapoor, Esha Deol, and Mallika Sherawat. In that year, he Abraham in the movies Zinda, Baabul, Taxi No. 9211, and Kabul Express.
Nikhil Advani’s multi-starrer Salaam-e-Ishq: A Tribute to Love was his first release of the year 2007. The film failed to do well at the box office, though it did well in the abroad markets. He appeared in 2 more movies in 2017 included the thriller No Smoking, and the sports film Dhan Dhana Dhan Goal, in which he donned a new look.
In the year 2010, John was seen in the movies Aashayein and Jhootha Hi Sahi. Both of the movies turned out to be box office flops. His first movie of 2013 was the multi-starrer Race 2 which was a superhit, though his 2nd release, the coming-of-age romantic comedy I, Me Aur Main, was a flop at the box office. His next film was Shootout at Wadala, in which he played the role of gangster Manya Surve, which received positive reviews.
His second film as a producer Madras Cafe earned much critical acclaim, also the numbers of the film saw an upward trend after terrific word-of-mouth. John’s next release was Welcome Back, which was hit at the box office. In 2016, his first release was Rocky Handsome which was an average grosser film. Then, his 2nd release of the year was Dishoom, the movie was a commercial hit. His next release of the year was Force 2, the sequel of the 2011 movie Force.
His next movies in 2018 were the action movies Parmanu: The Story of Pokhran with Diana Penty, and Boman Irani and Satyameva Jayate with Manoj Bajpayee & Neha Sharma‘s younger sister Aisha Sharma. In the year 2019, he starred in the action thrillers Romeo Akbar Walter and Batla House.
Lakeer – Forbidden Lines
Taxi No. 9211
Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna
|2007||Salaam-e-Ishq: A Tribute to Love|
Dhan Dhana Dhan Goal
|2009||Luck by Chance|
Jhootha Hi Sahi
|2011||7 Khoon Maaf|
Mere Brother Ki Dulhan
I, Me Aur Main
Shootout at Wadala
|2018||Parmanu: The Story of Pokhran|
|2019||Romeo Akbar Walter|
Facts About John Abraham
- Does John Abraham smoke?: No
- Does John Abraham drink alcohol?: No
- A scene in the movie Force shows him lifting a bike weighing 115 kg without any safety measures.
- As a result of John’s debut production, Vicky Donor, he won a National Award for Best Popular Film.
- Due to a deviated nasal septum, John must also breathe through his mouth because he has a partially closed nose.
- A fitness entity named JA Fitness, a clothing brand named JA, and a production company named JA entertainment are owned by him.
- He is a big fan of Valentino Rossi and he also gifted his film’s CD to Rossi.
- He eats fish and egg whites as he is a pescetarian.
- A gadget freak, he invented a cell phone game called Velocity, which was later programmed by a company called Small Devices.
- Like his dad and brother, he dreamed of becoming an architect, but destiny led him to the film industry.
- Sylvester Stallone’s Rocky IV inspired him to stay fit when he was 22.
- In his real life, he hates going to late-night parties and clubs.
- In the movie Desi Boyz, John wears a jersey named Dhoni with number 7 as a tribute to cricketer Mahendra Singh Dhoni.
- Bailey and Sia, his two pet dogs, are ardent animal lovers. Aside from that, he is actively involved with NGO’s like Habitat for Humanity and PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals).
- Besides quitting smoking, he had to smoke a lot for his role in Dishoom, which caused him numerous problems. However, he later went for detox too.
- Besides being an avid football fan, he owns the Indian Super League (ISL) team NorthEast United Football Club.
- He is the Indian brand ambassador for Reebok and Yamaha. Moreover, he is planning out to launch his bike racing team.
Which is your best John Abraham movie?
Some of his best movies are Madras Cafe, Force, Rocky Handsome, Water.
If an outsider like John Abraham is thriving in Bollywood for many years, then why did Sushant Singh Rajput fail?
When John Abraham entered the film industry, it was somewhat easy, but now there is high competition in fact there are lots of people in the industry who don’t want “new people from non-film backgrounds – outsiders” to come. The thing with Sushant is he is brilliant, and he is an all-rounder which every star kid or even other people like him are not.
What is John Abraham’s real name?
Is John Abraham Mallu?
John is half Malayalee and half Parsi. His father is a Christian from Kerala and his mother belongs to the Indian Parsi community.