Drew Barrymore is a famous American model, actor, director, and producer who raised to fame as a child artist with her role of Gertie in Steven Spielberg’s masterpiece ‘E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial.’ The granddaughter of the remarkable actor John Barrymore, Drew exists to the renowned Barrymore family that boasts of well-known stage and movie actors. Even as a child, she was very natural before the camera. She overcame her teenage crises which engaged drug and alcohol abuse and went on to become one of the most successful American actresses by confirming her mettle in hit movies like ‘The Wedding Singer,’ ‘Music and Lyrics,’ ‘50 First Dates,’ and ‘Charlie’s Angels.’
She and her co-partner Nancy Juvoner formed the production company ‘Flower Films’ which produced the cult film ‘Donnie Darko.’ In 2007, ‘People’ magazine listed her as one of the ‘100 most beautiful people.’ She is also a recipient of a star on the ‘Hollywood Walk of Fame.’ As an ambassador for the ‘UN World Food Program,’ she has contributed $1 million. Drew Barrymore is also a model for ‘Cover Girl Cosmetics’ as well as the face of Gucci’s jewelry line. She is the beneficiary of the ‘Golden Globe Award’ for ‘Best Actress in a Television film.’
|Birth Name||Drew Blythe Barrymore|
|Nick Name||D, Daisy|
|Age||(as in 2020) 45 years|
She has shown her interest to convert to Judaism.
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Pisces|
|Birth Place||Culver City, California, U.S.|
|Date of Birth||22 February 1975|
|Residence||New York City|
|Home Town||Culver City, California|
|Mother's Name||Jaid Barrymore (née Makó) (Aspiring actress)|
|Father's Name||John Drew Barrymore (Actor)|
|Brother||John Blyth Barrymore (Older Half-Brother)|
|Sister||Blyth Dolores Barrymore (Half-Sister)|
Jessica Blyth Barrymore (Brahma) (Half-Sister)
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Jeremy Thomas (1994-1995) – In February 1994, Drew started dating British bartender turned Los Angeles bar owner Jeremy Thomas. They married soon on March 20, 1994. She was 19 at that time and Jeremy was 32. The marriage lasted only 6 weeks and the couple separated in May 1994. She filed for divorce, which was finalized on February 18, 1995.|
• Billy Idol (1994) – In 1994, Drew was rumored to be dating singer Billy Idol after they were spotted together.
• Eric Erlandson (1995-1996) – From March 1995 to April 1996, she was romantically linked to guitarist Eric Erlandson.
• Edward Norton (1996) – Edward and Drew were RUMORed to be dating together, when they were filming the “Everyone Says I Love You” together.
• Jane Pratt (1996-1997) – Talk show host and editor of Sassy and Jane, Jane Pratt and Drew had a fling together in 1996 end.
• Luke Wilson (1997-1999) – The actors did two films together “Best Men” and “Home Fries” and started an off-screen relationship. They dated from October 1997 to January 1999.
• Henry Thomas (1999) – She dated actor Henry Thomas in 1999 for a couple of months. Though, they had met much earlier in 1982 during the filming of E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial. At that time, Henry was 10 and she was 7.
• Tom Green (1998-2002) – This time, Barrymore started dating Canadian talk show host and actor, Tom Green in 1998. He had a cameo role in the film Charlie’s Angels (2000) in which Drew co-starred along with Cameron Diaz and others. The duo engaged on July 8, 2000, and married on July 7, 2001. This marriage didn’t go far and the couple separated in December 2001. Their divorce was finalized in October 2002.
• Sam Rockwell (2002) – For the complete year 2002, she dated her Charlie’s Angels co-star Sam Rockwell.
• Fabrizio Moretti (2002-2007) – A Brazilian, who plays drums for the band The Strokes met Drew during Coachella. They dated for a long time from April 2002 to January 2007.
• Hugh Grant (2007) – She met British actor Hugh Grant on the set of Music and Lyrics (2007) and were RUMORed to have had a fling.
• Spike Jonze (2007) – She dated director, actor, screenwriter, Spike for a couple of months in 2007.
• Justin Long (2007-2010) – They met on the set of He’s Just Not That Into You (2007) in which Justin co-starred and Drew was the executive producer. They dated ON and OFF from August 2007 until 2010.
• Ed Westwick (2008) – English actor, Ed Westwick and Drew were RUMORed to have had a fling with each other when the two were spotted at Kings of Leon after-party.
• Jason Segel (2008) – Barrymore was again RUMORed to be dating actor Jason Segel in November – December 2008.
Marital Status, Husband and Children
|Husband/Spouse||• Will Kopelman (m. 2012–2016)|
• Tom Green (m. 2001–2002)
• Jeremy Thomas (m. 1994–1995)
|Marriage Date||They engaged on January 5, 2012, and married on June 2, 2012.|
|Children||• Olive Barrymore Kopelman (born – September 2012)|
• Frankie Barrymore Kopelman (born – April 2014)
|Educational Qualification||She dropped out of high school.|
|Profession||Actress, screenwriter, author, model, film producer|
|Brands Endorsed||She has appeared in several TV commercials and print ads. The list is as follows –|
• Puppy Choice dog food (1975)
• Rice Krispies (1981)
• Guess? jeans (1993-1994)
• Lancôme perfume
• Missoni (2006)
• Covergirl TruBlend clean makeup (2008)
• Northern Paper Towels
• Knudsen Yogurt
• Miu Miu (1995)
• Gucci Fine Jewelry (2007)
• Covergirl’s Outlast Lipstain”(2010)
|Career Manager||Not Known|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 163|
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet inches- 5’ 4”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 57 kg|
in pounds- 126 lbs
|Breast Size||37 Inches|
|Hips Size||35 Inches|
|Waist Size||27 Inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||White|
She has English, Irish, and German ancestry on her dad’s side.
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
|Dress Size||6 (US) or 36 (EU)|
|Shoe Size||7 (US) or 37.5 (EU)|
|Favourite Musicians||The Beatles, Daft Punk, Lauryn Hill, Coldplay, Ratt, Beck Hansen, The Beach Boys|
|Favourite Poet||E.E. Cummings|
|Favourite TV Show||The Colbert Report|
|Favourite Liquor||Barrymore Wines, Budweiser|
Drew Barrymore was born on February 22, 1975, at the ‘Brotman Medical Center’ in Culver City, California, to John Drew Barrymore, an actor, and Jaid Barrymore, a struggling actress. Her father had English, Irish, and German ancestry, while her mother is of Hungarian descent.
Drew Barrymore is a descendant of some of the most famous actors and actresses like Maurice, George Drew Barrymore, John Barrymore, and John Drew Jr. Steven Spielberg and Sophia Loren adopted her as their goddaughter. In 1984, when Drew was nine years old, her parents got divorced. The lack of a father had a negative impact on her life.
Barrymore attended elementary school at ‘Fountain Day School’ in West Hollywood. Drew’s first audition was for a ‘Gainsburger’ puppy food commercial when she was 11 months old. By the time she turned two, she had already acted in a TV movie called ‘Suddenly, Love.’ Some of her other acting ventures included a role in ‘Bogie’ and small roles in TV commercials. She then made her debut as a child actor in the 1980 feature film ‘Altered States.’
Barrymore has had a string of romantic relationships since her marriage with Thomas ended in 1994. In 2000, she became engaged to the eccentric Canadian comic Tom Green, of MTV’s The Tom Green Show. After many wrong wedding rumors (some initiated by Green himself), the couple eloped in March 2001 but filed for divorce six months later. Following her relationship with Green, she dated Strokes drummer Fabrizio Moretti and actor Justin Long.
Barrymore wed Will Kopelman in June 2012. The couple had their first child, daughter Olive Barrymore Kopelman, on September 26, 2012. In an interview with Haute Living, Barrymore spoke about her excitement for family life. “I can’t wait until I have my children,” she said. “I just want to build fun, great things for my family.” Their second daughter, Frankie Barrymore Kopelman, was born on April 22, 2014.
The couple decided to part ways in 2016, though they remained on good terms as they devoted themselves to co-parenting their daughters.
Drew Barrymore Net Worth
Drew Barrymore has a net worth of $125 million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2019||$125 million|
|Previous Year's Net Worth (2018)||Under Review|
|Annual Salary||Under Review|
|Income Source||Actress, screenwriter, author, model, film producer|
Barrymore was pulling in $15 million a picture, as she reportedly did for her role in the film Music and Lyrics. At various points in her career, Barrymore has had a penchant for doing smaller roles in films that she worked on for artistic satisfaction, with a smaller payday to match.
For example, her reported $500,000 payday for Donnie Darko, or the $250,000 she took for Confessions of a Dangerous Mind. In 1995 she got $1.5 million for her role in Mad Love, then in 1998, she commanded a $3 million salary for Ever After. In 2000 her debut in the Charlie’s Angels franchise was worth $9 million, eventually getting $14 million for the sequel. Then in 2007, she earned her highest payday at $15 million.
Drew Barrymore has made headlines for her various real estate deals over the years. In 2019 she reportedly paid a little over $5.5 million for a 5,600-square-foot home near the beach in the Hamptons, and in the summer of 2018, she reportedly sold a home in Hollywood Hills for some $16.5 million.
Drew Barrymore Movies And TV Shows
- Barrymore’s luck began to change in 1995 when she co-founded a production company, Flower Films. That same year, she gave a solid performance in the film Boys on the Side, co-starring with Whoopi Goldberg and Mary-Louise Parker.
- The following year, she made a memorable terror-filled appearance in the blockbuster Scream and co-starred in Woody Allen’s musical Everybody Says I Love You.
- In 1998, she proved her strength as a romantic leading lady when she co-starred in the popular comedy The Wedding Singer with Adam Sandler and in Ever After, a version of the Cinderella story, with Anjelica Huston.
- In 1999, Barrymore earned her first credit as an executive producer with the likable comedy Never Been Kissed, in which she also starred. The following year, she produced and starred in the hit film Charlie’s Angels, performing alongside Cameron Diaz, Lucy Liu, and Bill Murray.
- Barrymore’s next choice for the company was the dark drama Donnie Darko, starring Jake Gyllenhaal. The film, in which Barrymore also co-starred, became an instant cult classic and was nominated for more than a dozen independent film awards.
- In 2002, she appeared as the love interest of Chuck Barris in the critically acclaimed biopic Confessions of a Dangerous Mind, also starring Sam Rockwell. Through this performance, Barrymore’s reputation as a legitimate film actress was finally solidified.
- Barrymore returned to the successful Charlie’s Angels franchise in 2003 with Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle. This time, she also brought actress Demi Moore and comedian Bernie Mac on board, and the film was another box-office smash.
- That same year, Flower Films released the comedy Duplex, in which Barrymore starred with Ben Stiller. The following year, Barrymore starred in 50 First Dates, a romantic comedy co-starring Sandler, again produced by Flower Films. Also in 2004, the actress earned a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- Flower Films and Barrymore kept busy over the next few years, producing such films as Fever Pitch (2005), Music and Lyrics (2007) and He’s Just Not That Into You (2009).
- Additionally, the actress took roles in films like Lucky You (2007), Beverly Hills Chihuahua (2008), and the biopic Grey Gardens (2009), in which she co-starred with Jessica Lange.
- In 2009, Barrymore made her directorial debut with the roller-derby film Whip It, in which she also had a supporting role alongside Ellen Page and Marcia Gay Harden.
- In 2011, she directed the music video for the Best Coast song “Our Deal,” which featured Chloë Grace Moretz, Miranda Cosgrove, and Shailene Woodley, among others.
- Barrymore continued to star in films including Going the Distance (2011), Big Miracle (2012), Blended (2014), and Miss You Already (2015). She also served as an executive producer and star of Netflix’s zombie sitcom Santa Clarita Diet, alongside Timothy Olyphant, which ran for three seasons beginning in 2017.
- In 2019, Barrymore joined RuPaul and Faith Hill as judges on the reality talent competition series The World’s Best.
|1982||E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial|
|1986 ||Babes in Toyland|
|1989||See You in the Morning|
Far from Home
Waxwork II: Lost in Time
|1993||No Place to Hide|
Wayne's World 2
|1994 ||Bad Girls|
|1995||Boys on the Side|
|1996||Everyone Says I Love You|
|1998||The Wedding Singer|
|1999 ||Never Been Kissed|
Freddy Got Fingered
Riding in Cars with Boys
|2002 ||Confessions of a Dangerous Mind|
|2003||Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle|
|2004||50 First Dates|
|2006 ||Curious George|
|2007||Music and Lyrics|
|2008 ||Beverly Hills Chihuahua|
|2009||He's Just Not That Into You|
|2010 ||Going the Distance|
|2015||Miss You Already|
TV Shows & Serials List
|1985||ABC Weekend Specials|
|1986||The Ray Bradbury Theatre|
Babes in Toyland
|1989||CBS Schoolbreak Special|
2000 Malibu Road
|1993||The Amy Fisher Story|
|1996||Bill Nye the Science Guy|
|1999||Olive, the Other Reindeer|
|2005–2013 ||Family Guy|
|2016||Odd Mom Out|
|2017–2019 ||Santa Clarita Diet|
|2017 ||First Dates|
|2019 ||The World's Best|
|2020 ||The Drew Barrymore Show|
- Her parents divorced when she was nine years old (in 1984).
- Drew’s mom was born in Germany to Hungarian World War II refugees.
- Drew was the maiden name of her paternal great-grandmother. The actress’s middle name “Blyth” was originally the last name of the dynasty, founded by her great-grandfather, Maurice Barrymore.
- She has co-authored two books – Little Girl Lost (1990), and Find It in Everything (2014).
- She went to high school but didn’t finish it. She dropped out.
- Drew appeared in the 1996 film Scream to play the role of Casey Becker. But, she was not offered that role.
- Drew got the chance to play the lead role. She instead chose to play Casey as she thought it would be more fun.
- Sophia Loren and Anna Strasberg are her godmothers.
- She was born at 11:51 AM.
- She does not watch the movie in which she stars. She revealed that during an episode of The Rosie O’Donnell Show (1996).
- Photography is one of her hobbies.
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”What’s Drew Barrymore Doing Now?”]In Recent Years, Drew Barrymore Has Been Enjoying A Career Resurgence After A Role In The Hugely Popular, Now-canceled Series Santa Clarita Diet. She Focuses The Majority Of Her Time On Parenting Her Daughters, As Well As Managing Her Flower Beauty Line And Working On Various Projects That Interest Her.[/wps_faq]
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”How Many Movies Have Adam Sandler And Drew Barrymore Done Together?”]The Pair Have Already Co-starred As Love Interests In Three Movies Together The Wedding Singer (1998), 50 First Dates (2004), And Blended (2014) Making Them One Of Hollywood’s Favorite Onscreen Duos. So Is It Time For The Acting Dream Team To Reunite Again? According To Barrymore, They Definitely Have “More To Go!”[/wps_faq]
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”Are Drew Barrymore And Tom Green Still Married?”]Tom Green Was Married To Actress Drew Barrymore From July 7, 2001, To October 15, 2002. In December 2001, Green Filed For Divorce. In 2010, Green Stated That He Had Not Seen Barrymore Since The Divorce, Although Barrymore Has Spoken Highly Of Him.[/wps_faq]
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”Why Did Justin Long And Drew Barrymore Breakup?”]He Couldn’t Stand Working With Her And Not Being With Her. He’s Too Upset,” The Insider Said. “She Dumped Him. Still, They Broke Up Again Soon After, And Barrymore Moved On With Actor And Art Consultant, Will Kopelman, Whom She Married In 2012 And Divorced In 2016.[/wps_faq]
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”Why Is Drew Barrymore So Popular?”]She Is A Member Of The Barrymore Family Of Actors And The Granddaughter Of John Barrymore. She Achieved Fame As A Child Actress With Her Role In E.T. The Extra-terrestrial (1982). She Is The Recipient Of Numerous Accolades, Including A Golden Globe, A Screen Actors Guild Award, And A Bafta Nomination.[/wps_faq]