Jeff Bezos is an entrepreneur, media mogul, investor, computer engineer, and corporate astronaut from the United States. Bezos is the founder & executive chairperson of Amazon, wherein he formerly served as president and chief executive officer. He also owns Blue Origin, a space exploration company, and The Washington Post, a well-known journalistic outlet.
Bezos is the first person in modern history to have a net worth of $100 billion. He was called the wealthiest man in modern history when his net worth grew to $150 billion in 2018, making him the first billionaire on Forbes wealth index. Bezos is currently the world’s second-richest person, as per the Bloomberg’s Billionaires Index, and the world’s third-wealthiest person, as per Forbes.
Jeff Bezos Bio/Wiki[table id=2956 /]
Jeff Bezos was born on January 12, 1964, in Albuquerque, New Mexico, to Jacklyn and Theodore Jorgensen. Jeffrey’s mother was a 17-year-old high school student, and his father was 19 years old at the time of his birth. Theodore Jorgensen was born in Chicago to a house of Baptists and had Danish heritage.
After graduating from high school despite difficult circumstances, Jacklyn enrolled in night school while raising Jeffrey as a newborn. After Jeff’s parents split, his mom married Miguel Mike Bezos, an immigrant from Cuba, in April 1968. Mike adopted four-year-old Jeffrey shortly after the wedding, and his surname was formally changed from Jorgensen to Bezos.
When Jeff Bezos was two years old, he went to a kindergarten at Albuquerque named Montessori school in New Mexico. From fourth until sixth grade, Bezos was at the River Oaks Elementary School near Houston. At a very young age, Bezos showed his interest in science & technology, and once he reportedly created/constructed an electrical alarm to keep out his siblings from his room.
Bezos studied Miami Palmetto High School after the family relocated to Miami, Florida. Bezos worked as a quick line cook at McDonald’s during the breakfast hour when he was in high school. Bezos founded Dream Institute, an educational centre that encouraged young students to think creatively, while in high school.
Bezos studied at the University of Florida’s Student Science Training Program. In 1982, he was valedictorian of his high school, a National Merit Scholar, as well as a Silver Knight Award recipient. He earned a 4.2 GPA as well as a Bachelor of Science degrees in computer science and electrical engineering from Princeton University in 1986.
Jeff Bezos Net Worth
Jeff Bezos is the richest person in the world with a net worth of $117 billion.[table id=2952 /]
Jeff Bezos, the founder & CEO of e-commerce titan Amazon, is the world’s wealthiest man and the first individual in modern history to amass a fortune of more than $100 billion. Bezos owns 16 percent of Amazon, making him the company’s largest stakeholder.
Jeff Bezos owns five houses around the United States, making him one of the nation’s largest landowners. Bezos has a $21 million car collection which includes Lamborghini Veneno, Bugatti Veyron Mansory, and Ferrari Pininfarina Sergio. Bezos also owns a Gulfstream G650ER personal jet worth $65 million.
Bezos has never given to the public benefit. Bezos, on the other hand, has backed Mary’s Place, a Seattle-based nonprofit that offers homeless people with housing and job training. Bezos also backs certain out-of-the-box ideas.
Jeff Bezos House Portfolio[table id=2953 /]
Jeff Bezos Car Collection[table id=2954 /]
- Jeff Bezos worked a variety of positions after finishing graduation with honours from Princeton University and eventually joining a New York investment company D.E. Shaw & Co in 1990.
- Bezos was quickly promoted to Sr. vice president, the company’s youngest position, and was in responsible of researching Internet investment opportunities. His business imagination was ignited by its huge potential of web usage was rising at a rate of more than 2,000 percent per year.
- Bezos left D.E. Shaw in 1994 to create a virtual bookshop in Seattle, Washington. Jeff began creating the site’s software named Amazon from the garage of his home with a small team of employees.
- Amazon soon rose to the top of the e-commerce world. The website was user-friendly & open 24 hours per day, encouraging visitors to write their original book reviews and providing discounts, personalised suggestions, and search for out of print books.
- In 1999, Bezos expanded the site’s functionality by adding auctions and investing in additional virtual retailers.
- Amazon’s success prompted other merchants, including large book chains, to open online storefronts.
- As additional businesses competed for Internet money, Jeff Bezos realised the need to expand, and by 2005, Amazon was selling a wide range of items, including consumer electronics, fashion, and hardware.
- In 2006, Amazon added to its diversification by launching Amazon Web Services (AWS), another cloud-computing business that grew to become the world’s largest.
- In late 2007, Amazon introduced the Kindle, an online book reader featuring wireless Internet access that allows consumers to purchase, install, read, and save a large number of books upon demand.
- In 2010, Amazon reported that Kindle book sales had overtaken hardback book sales. With its Amazon Studios branch, Amazon began producing its own television series and films in the same year.
- Amazon’s annual net sales grew between $510,000 in 1995 and $600 million in 1998, and from $19.1 billion in 2008 to nearly $233 billion in 2018. AWS accounted for over half of the company’s operational profits in 2018.
- Amazon made record profits two years later, and its sales for the fourth quarter of that year reached $100 billion mark. The staggering figures were fueled in part by an increase in home buying during the COVID-19 epidemic.
- Jeff Bezos stated in February 2021 that he will be stepping resigned as CEO later that year. He did, however, want to stay as executive chairman of Amazon.
- Bezos started a human space flight firm named Blue Origin, in September 2000. Bezos has been interested in space flight for a long time and the evolution process of human existence throughout Solar System.
- Bezos claimed in 2015 that he was working on an orbital launch vehicle that will make its first launch in the late 2010s. Blue Origin’s New Shepard spacecraft successfully launched into space in November, reaching a test altitude – 329,839 feet before landing vertically back at the launch facility in West Texas.
- From 2016, he has been quite open about his plans & ambitions to populate our solar system. And he has started selling $1 billion in Amazon shares each year to fund Blue Origin’s operations.
- Jeff Bezos stated in 2018 that the core purpose of Blue Origin would be to be more focused on conserving Earth’s natural resources through transforming humanity to a multi-planetary species.
The Washington Post
- Bezos announced his $250 million cash acquisition of The Washington Post on August 5, 2013.
- Bezos began remaking the newspaper firm as a media & technology firm in January 2016, rebuilding its digital media, digital apps, and analytics tools.
- For the first period since Bezos bought the paper in 2013, the paper became profitable in 2016, thanks to an increase in online reading.
- Bezos Expeditions, Jeff Bezos’s venture capital business, is where he makes personal investments. He was among the Google’s original stockholders, as he invested $250 thousand through Bezos Expeditions.
- He also put money into Unity Biotechnology, a survival research company that aims to halt or stop the ageing process.
- Bezos has stakes in Unity Biotechnology, Juno Therapeutics, GRAIL, and Zocdoc, among others, in the healthcare industry.
- Jeff Bezos also contributes to charitable endeavours through direct gifts and Bezos Expeditions-funded non-profit enterprises.
- Bezos and Yuri Milner, co-founded Altos Labs in September 2021. Altos Labs is a well-funded biotechnology startup focused on using cellular reprogramming to produce longevity drugs. Juan Carlos Izpisa Belmonte, Steve Horvath, & Shinya Yamanaka are among the company’s top scientists.
- The corporation emerged from stealth mode on 19 January 2022, with a $3 billion start-up capital and an executive staff headed by Hal Barron.
- Jeff Bezos was the valedictorian of his high school and was regarded a smart student at his school.
- He found love in Mackenzie Sheri Tuttle, a coworker at D.E. Shaw, while working there.
- Jeff Bezos was named Time Person of the Year in 1999.
- He believes in working with small groups and has developed the Two Pizza Rule, which states that if a group can’t be fed with two pizzas, it’s too big.
- He made waves in 2013 when he paid $250 million for the Washington Post.
- In the 2016 picture ‘Star Trek Beyond,’ he made a surprise cameo.
- He made news in March 2018 when he went out for a stroll with his robotic dog, SpotMini.
- He is the first individual in recent history to have an estimated net worth of more than $100 billion.
- Jeff Bezos and three other passengers conducted a successful flight into space and landed back in West Texas on July 20, 2021.
- On the day Amazon decided to go public in 1998, his net worth surpassed $12 billion.
- In July 2021, Bezos’ net wealth will reach $211 billion.
- Bezos owns $1 billion in Google.
- So far, he has sold nearly $70 billion in Amazon stock.
Jeff Bezos is worth $117 million.
Jeff Bezos owns 16% shares in e-commerce giant Amazon, which contributes to his wealth mostly. He also, has an impressive investment portfolio and owns The Washington Post.
Yes, Jeff graduated from Princeton with a degree in computer science.
Jeff Bezos mostly invests most of his money in Blue Origin, real estate and other investments.
Jeff has a son named Preston Bezos.
As per his current net worth, Jeff Bezos needs to spend $11 million a day for 50 years till he turns 107 years old to spend all his money. Thus, it is impossible for him to spend all his wealth.
Jeff Bezos investments most of his time and money in his space organization Blue Origin, after stepping down from Amazon CEO.
Yes, Elon Musk musk is the richest man in the world with $235 billion net worth, more than Jeff Bezos’s $117 billion net worth.
Jeff Bezos has donated $791 million publically to date.