Jaya Bhattacharya is an Indian television actress. She was born on 19 September 1971 (age 52 years) Guwahati, Assam, India. She made her debut with the serial Sarab in the year 1996. She became famous after her role as Payal in the serial Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi. Other than tv serials Jaya Bhattacharya also appeared in movies like Sirf Tum, Fiza, Devdas, etc. She is the only child of her parents. She is known for playing hostile roles in TV serials. She has also done small roles in movies. she also played the roles of Jigyasa Bali in Kasamh Se, Sakku Bai in Jhansi Ki Rani, and Sudha Buaa in Gangaa. She again made popularity with her role as Vasundhara Pandey in drama series Thapki Pyar Ki (2015–2017). She appeared on Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka (2018–2019).
She has also done small roles in movies. She is of Bengali descent. In the Hindi movie Saathiya, she played a small role, the sister-in-law of the main character, Vivek Oberoi. Also in the movie Devdas, she played Manorama. She has also worked in the film Jigyaasa where she played a film-maker who wants to film a documentary on an actress. This character is much similar to Alice Patten, from the movie Rang De Basanti.
Jaya Bhattacharya Bio/ Wiki
[table id=1483 /]
Family – Father, Mother/ Education & More
She was born in Guwahati, Assam, India into a middle-class Hindu family. Her Mother’s name was Gauri Bhattacharya (Died in 2018). Once finishing her graduation, she grew curious about Mass Media and accounts, however, she was approached for acting.
There is not much information available about her family as she likes to keep her personal life away from the public domain. Though she shares a good bond with her family and often shares amazing pictures with them on her Instagram account. She has made her family proud by being one of the talented actresses of the television industry mainly.
Jaya Bhattacharya Net Worth
Jaya Bhattacharya Net Worth is $1.1 Million – $5 Million (USD) as of 2023. The main source of Jaya Bhattacharya’s income comes from singing, acting & sponsorship of different brands. Jaya Bhattacharya’s earnings for the year have yet to be determined, but she is likely to see an increase in pay. We are in the process of reviewing Jaya Bhattacharya’s salary, so check back soon.
[table id=1484 /]
We are constantly updating this page with new financial and earning details. We use publicly available data and resources to ensure that Jaya Bhattacharya Net Worth estimates and wealth calculation is accurate and up to date. All net worths are fact-checked and confirmed by our users. While it’s relatively simple to predict her income, it’s harder to know Jaya Bhattacharya’s expenses over the years.
Noted, Currently, We don’t have enough information about Cars, Monthly/Yearly Salary, etc. We will update you soon.
She is currently single and not dating anyone. At this moment, she is focusing entirely on her career and her work. Despite being one of the known actresses of the television industry, there has been no buzz of her dating anyone. She has lots of male friends but none of them are her love interest.
Movies and TV Shows – Career
- She played minor roles in Bollywood films Devdas and Lajja.
- She also appeared on television with shows like Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, playing Payal, and Banoo Main Teri Dulhan.
- Bhattacharya was given a cameo appearance in the 2000s Hindi film Fiza, starring Karisma Kapoor.
- She has also worked in the film Jigyaasa where she played a filmmaker who wants to make a documentary on a controversial actress. This character was similar to Alice Patten’s role in the Indian movie Rang De Basanti.
- She has also acted in Kasamh Se as Jigyasa in 2007, replacing the regular actor in the same role.
- Bhattacharya was seen in the avatar of Sakku Bai in the historical series Jhansi Ki Rani on Zee TV.
- She joined the romantic soap opera Thapki Pyar Ki in the prominent supporting character of Vasundhara Pandey; the show aired between 2015–2017.
- In 2018, she entered the hit show Badho Bahu as a social worker Sushma Bua.
[table id=1485 /]
Reactions on her Mother’s Death Report
TV actress Jaya Bhattacharya who very recently lost her aged mother is not having a very good time with the media. After a recent story which made a mockery of her financial situation, another media outlet carried a story yesterday (25 February) about her mother passing away, but headlined it as she is no more.
Says Jaya in reaction to the report, “Most people don’t bother to read the story and just go by the headline. This is highly irresponsible. Mom had passed away two days (23 February) before the untimely passing away of Sridevi and here you are trying to mix up 2 tragedies just to gain traction.” “I wonder why the media is after me. What have I done? My life has been turned into a joke in the past two or three months.
Yesterday I was flooded with phone calls of anxious people who wanted to know what and why. Things reached such a pass that when people would Whatsapp ‘hi’, I would say ‘yes I am alive.’ This was actually happening when I was busy with some ceremonial dinner. All this added to the injury. I just request media folks to please use the power of the pen responsibly,” Jaya sends out a request.
- Does Jaya Bhattacharya smoke?: Not Known
- Does Jaya Bhattacharya drink alcohol?: Yes
- Jaya is the only child of her parents.
- She started her acting career in 1996 with the TV serial ‘Saraab’ that aired on DD National.
- She also appeared in the famous Bollywood films like ‘Sirf Tum’ (1999) as Jayanti, ‘Kyo Ki Main Jhuth Nahin Bolta’ (2001) as Kavita Mhatre, ‘Devdas’ (2002) as Manorama, etc.
- Jaya is an avid dog lover.