Heidi Klum is a German-American model, actress, television host, and businesswoman. She originally wanted to be a dancer but prompted by her friends, she applied for the contest, ‘Model 92’, in her native Germany and was lucky enough to win the competition that paved way for a prosperous career in modeling. Apart from being a model, she also explored her talent in acting and has made appearances in films like ‘Blow Dry’ and ‘Ella Enchanted’. She has also made her appearance in television sitcoms like‘How I Met Your Mother’, ‘Yes, Dear’, ‘Spin City’ and ‘Sex and the City’. As a designer, she has launched, ‘A Pea in the Pod’ and ‘Motherhood Maternity’, in the maternity lines and jewelry collection for QVC called, ‘Wildlife’.
She has explored her entrances as an entrepreneur by her association with HKNB, widely known as ‘New Balance’, and made available a line of women’s wear on amazon.com. She has also resulted in her might as a singer by releasing her single, ‘Wonderland’, which became a great hit. She is a philanthropist who delivered as an ambassador in the 2011 Trick-or-Treat campaign. She also works for the ‘International Red Cross’, ‘American Red Cross’, and the ‘Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation’. She also sings in concerts to raise money for humanitarian causes.
|Birth Name||Heidi Klum|
|Nick Name||The Body|
|Age||(as in 2020) 47 years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Gemini|
|Birth Place||Bergisch Gladbach, North Rhine-Westphalia, West Germany|
|Date of Birth||01 June 1973|
|Residence||Los Angeles, California, USA|
|Home Town||Bergisch Gladbach|
|Mother's Name|| Erna (Hairdresser)|
|Father's Name||Günther Klum (Cosmetics Company Executive)|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Anthony Kiedis (2002)|
• Flavio Briatore (2003)
• Martin Kirsten (2012-2014)
• Vito Schnabel (2014)
• Nick Cannon (2015)
Marital Status, Husband and Children
|Husband/Spouse||• Ric Pipino (1997-2002)|
• Seal (2005-2012)
• Tom Kaulitz (2019-Present)
|Marriage Date||September 1997 (with Ric Pipino)|
May 2005 (with Seal)
February 2019 (with Tom Kaulitz)
|Children||Son- • Henry Günther Ademola Dashtu Samuel|
• Johan Riley Fyodor Taiwo Samuel
Daughters- • Helene Boshoven Samuel
• Lou Sulola Samuel
|College/University||Staatliche Hochschule für Bildende Künste (Städelschule)|
|Profession||Model, Actress, TV Host, Occasional Singer, Artist, Fashion Designer, Businesswoman|
|Brands Endorsed||• Abercrombie and Fitch|
• American Express
• Ann Taylor
• Bonnie Bell
• Company by Ellen Tracy
• Dannon Light & Fit
• Diet Coke
• Ellen Tracy
• Gerry Weber
• Givenchy ‘Amarige’ fragrance
• Got Milk?
• Guitar Hero World Tour
• Haribo & Katjes Yogurt Gums
• Kathleen Madden
• LG ‘0Rumors 2’ Mobile
• Liz Claiborne
• Newport News
• Nine West
• Peek & Cloppenburg
• Rosner jeans
• Tommy Hilfiger
• Victoria’s Secret
• XBOX 360 ‘Guitar Heroes’ VideoGame
• Zeki Triko swimwear
|Career Manager||• IMG London|
• IMG Paris
• D Management Group
• Model Management – Hamburg
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 177 cm|
in meters- 1.77 m
in feet inches- 5’ 9½”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 62 kg|
in pounds- 137 lbs
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||White, She has German ancestry|
|Physical Specialities||• Great height|
• Curvaceous figure
|Dress Size||(used at modeling) 4 (US) or 36 (EU)|
Now- 8 (US)
|Shoe Size||9 (US) or 39.5 (EU) or 6.5 (UK)|
|Favorite Food||Her mother’s Sauerkraut Soup, McDonald’s|
|Favorite Designers||Thomas Wilde, Roberto Cavalli, Michael Kors, Donna Karan, Oscar de la Renta and Galliano|
|Favorite Subjects in High School||Mathematics and Drawing|
|Favorite Clothing Chain||The BabyGap|
|Favorite Song of Seal (Her Previous Husband)||Album September Commitment’s song “Silence”|
|Favorite Politician||Michelle Obama|
|Favorite Reality Show Host (Other Than Herself)||Tom Bergeron|
Heidi Klum was born on June 1, 1973, in Bergisch Gladbach, Germany to Gunther Klum, an executive for a cosmetics company and Erna, a hairdresser. When she was 18, persuaded by her friend, she submitted her photos for ‘Model 92’, a national model contest hosted by ‘Petra’, a young woman’s magazine.
To her great surprise, she won the competition that offered her a modeling contract worth $ 300,000. She graduated from Staatliche Hochschule für Bildende Künste (Städelschule), a fine arts academy in Frankfurt.
In 1997, Klum married famed hairstylist Ric Pipino, but the couple divorced in 2002. In 2003, Klum became pregnant with her first child by boyfriend Flavio Briatore, an Italian racecar team manager. But the couple split up shortly before the baby was born, and Klum became involved with British singer Seal. On May 4, 2004, she gave birth to her daughter Leni.
Shortly after the launch of Project Runway in 2004, Klum’s life took another interesting turn. Her boyfriend Seal proposed to her on top of a glacier in Whistler, British Columbia, Canada. They married in May 2005 and welcomed son Henry Gunther Ademola Dashtu Samuel on September 12. Klum stunned many by returning to modeling in less than two months after her son’s arrival, looking fabulous as part of the nationally televised Victoria’s Secret fashion show.
Klum and Seal expanded their family with one more son, Johan, on November 26, 2006, and their first daughter, Lou, born on October 9, 2009. It was announced in January 2012 that Seal and Klum were separating after nearly seven years of marriage. Klum officially filed for divorce from Seal in April 2012 (it was finalized in 2014) and not long after, she began dating her bodyguard Martin Kristen. She and Kristen ended their relationship in 2014.
Klum dated Vito Schnabel from 2014 to 2017 and began dating Tokio Hotel guitarist Tom Kaulitz in 2018. Klum and Kaulitz got engaged in December 2018 and were married in Capri, Italy, in August 2019.
Heidi Klum Net Worth And Salary
Heidi Klum has a net worth of $90 million, according to WoodGram. She earns an annual salary of $19 million. Heidi Klum at times has been one of the world’s top-earning models, At the peak of her modeling career in 2011, Heidi earned $20 million from modeling alone.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2019||$90 million|
|Previous Year's Net Worth (2018)||Under Review|
|Annual Salary||$19 million|
|Income Source||Model, Actress, TV Host, Occasional Singer, Artist, Fashion Designer, Businesswoman|
Shortly before Heidi Klum divorced Seal, the couple bought a $14.2 million mansion together in an exclusive suburb of Los Angeles. After splitting with her former husband, Heidi Klum “downsized” to a slightly smaller Bel-Air mansion with a price tag of $9.8 million. In 2018, she bought a $5.1 million penthouse in New York City. The building dates back to the 1800s, and the Penthouse suite had been used as an art studio prior to going on the market.
Heidi Klum Movies And TV Shows
- Exploring other opportunities, Klum branched out into acting. One of her early roles was a guest appearance on the political sitcom Spin City, with Michael J. Fox. Making the jump to the big screen, Klum appeared in the hairdressing comedy Blow Dry (2001) with Alan Rickman, Josh Hartnett, Natasha Richardson, and Rachael Leigh Cook.
- More roles followed in such films as Ella Enchanted (2004) with Anne Hathaway and The Life and Death of Peter Sellers (2004) with Geoffrey Rush and Charlize Theron. For the Peter Sellers biopic, Klum portrayed another famous beauty, Ursula Andress.
- On the professional front, Klum helped develop a competitive reality television series about fashion designers called Project Runway. She became the show’s host, alongside fashion consultant Tim Gunn, and served as one of the executive producers. Premiering in December 2004, Project Runway soon became a huge hit.
- Not long after the launch of Project Runway, Klum began her run as host of the reality shows Germany’s Next Topmodel.
- In March 2013, it was announced that Klum would begin serving as a judge on the popular talent show America’s Got Talent, joining former Spice Girl Melanie Brown and controversial radio/talk show host Howard Stern for the 2013 season.
- The popular talent-competition show, created by Simon Cowell, was hosted by Nick Cannon up until 2017, with Tyra Banks replacing him. The following year Klum bid farewell to AGT after six seasons.
- In March 2020, Klum re-teamed Gunn for the debut of Amazon’s Making the Cut, a Project Runway-Esque series in which contestants jet to exotic locales with the hope of creating the “next global fashion brand” and claiming a $1 million cash prize. Along with showcasing the familiar banter between its co-hosts, the show featured Naomi Campbell and Nicole Richie as two of its judges.
|1999 ||Spin City|
S*x and the City
|2002||Malcolm in the Middle|
|2003||Blue Collar Comedy Tour|
James Bond 007: Everything or Nothing (video game)
The Life and Death of Peter Sellers
|2004–2017 ||Project Runway|
|2006 ||The Devil Wears Prada|
|2006–present ||Germany's Next Topmodel|
How I Met Your Mother
|2009–2010||I Get That a Lot|
|2011||Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil|
Seriously Funny Kids
|2012–2016||Littlest Pet Shop|
|2013||Parks and Recreation|
|2013–2018, 2020-present||America's Got Talent|
|2016||Zoolander: Super Model|
|2018 ||Ocean's 8|
|2019–present||America's Got Talent: The Champions|
|2019||Queen of Drags|
|2020||Making the Cut|
- Heidi Klum’s hobbies are skiing, cooking, painting, shopping at flea markets, and auctions.
- Heidi Klum is an avid painter also.
- Heidi spends time at “Children’s Hospital Los Angeles” visiting patients.
- When Heidi was with Victoria’s Secret, a bra was named after her name i.e “The Body”.
- Her wedding dress was designed by Vera Wang.
- She is the daughter of a hairdresser and cosmetics company executive.
- One of Heidi’s friend convinced her to participate in a Modeling contest called “Model 92” occurred in 1992.
- Fortunately, she won that show beating 25,000 contestants. As a result, she got a modeling contract of US$300,000 by Metropolitan Models New York.
- Heidi has her own line of clothing, swimwear, and beauty products.
- She has insured her legs for 2 million dollars.
- Her last name is pronounced as Kloom.
- In October 2019, Heidi Klum had legally changed her last name to Kaulitz. She cited marriage to be the reason.
- Heidi was widely known after her first appearance on the cover of the magazine “Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue” in 1998.
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”Why Did Heidi Leave AGT?”]Why Did Heidi Klum Leave AGT Following Champions Season 1? Let’s Start With Heidi. Though The Supermodel Never Declared Why She Decided To Leave The Talent Show After Hosting For Six Years, A “Source” Told Entertainment Tonight That It Had To Do With NBC Wanting To “Change Things Up.” “It Was A Network Decision.[/wps_faq]
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”What Is Heidi Klum Most Famous For?”]Heidi Klum Is A German Supermodel Turned Television Personality Known For Her Appearances On Popular Tv Shows Like ‘project Runway’ And ‘America’s Got Talent.[/wps_faq]
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”What Happened To Heidi And Mel B?”]America’s Got Talent Judges Heidi Klum And Mel B Decided To Leave The Show After The Spinoff America’s Got Talent: The Champions Aired In Early 2019. Only Heidi Has Returned To Judge The 2020 Edition Of Champions. Julianne Hough And Gabrielle Union Took Over As New Judges In Season 14.[/wps_faq]
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”What Language Does Heidi Klum Speak?”]English And German[/wps_faq]
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”Is Heidi Klum Returning To AGT?”]Heidi Klum Will Return To The Judges’ Panel For The Upcoming Second Season Of AGT: The Champions, NBC Announced On Thursday. Simon Cowell And Howie Mandel Will Also Return, Along With Terry Crews As Host. When AGT Returned For Season 14 (2019), The Two Were Replaced By Gabrielle Union And Julianne Hough.[/wps_faq]
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”How Much Older Is Heidi Klum Than Her Husband?”]Heidi Klum Is 17 Years Older Than Her 30-year-old Husband, Tokio Hotel guitarist Tom Kaulitz, Whom She Started Dating In 2018 And Married In 2019. Despite The Difference In Their Ages, The Model Told Instyle In 2018 That She Only Thinks Of It As An Issue When People Ask Her About It.[/wps_faq]
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”Do Heidi And Peter Marry?”]Eventually, She And Peter Are Married (As Everyone Who Has Read Heidi Would Know And Want Them To Do). Heidi’s Children Begins In The Springtime With Heidi And Peter Expecting Their First Child. Both Peter And Heidi Felt That No Marriage Was Complete Until It Was Blessed With Children.[/wps_faq]