Chris Pine is an American actor recognized for his roles in movies like ‘Star Trek’ and ‘Wonder Woman.’ Chris exists to a family of actors; apart from his father and mother, his grandmother was also a popular actor back in her time. Chris started his professional acting career by starring in an episode of the popular TV series ‘ER’ in 2003. Later that year, he was seen in popular TV shows, such as ‘The Guardian’ and ‘CSI: Miami.’ He received his breakthrough role in 2009 when he played ‘James T. Kirk’ in ‘Star Trek’ (2009).
He went on to reprise his role as ‘Kirk’ in the film’s consecutive sequels. It was also rumored that he would play the title role in the 2011 superhero film ‘Green Lantern,’ but the role finally went to Ryan Reynolds. Though he lost the role to Reynolds, he continued to impress the critics with his acting abilities. He then went about appearing in many films, playing several interesting roles. His fame increased when he eventually landed the role of ‘Steve Trevor’ in ‘Wonder Woman,’ which released in 2017. The following year, he was cast to reprise his role as ‘Steve Trevor’ in ‘Wonder Woman 1984,’ a sequel to ‘Wonder Woman.’
Wiki/Biodata[table id=196 /]
Chris Pine was born Christopher Whitelaw Pine on 26 August 1980, in Los Angeles, California, USA, to Robert Pine, a prominent actor, and Gwynne Gilford, an actor-turned-psychotherapist. He has an older sister named Katie. Chris grew up in an environment where script readings and talks about films were frequent. Since his parents were actors, he was exposed to showbiz quite early in his life.
Chris wanted to become an actor ever since he was a teenager, and often visited film sets in Hollywood along with his mother or father. Initially, he was interested in sports, but his interest shifted to acting in high school. After finishing high school from his hometown, he went on to do B.A. in English from the ‘University of California,’ and learned acting in the ‘American Conservatory Theatre.’
Joining the ‘Williamson Theatre Festival’ turned out to be the biggest influence on him. During his time at the ‘Williamson Theatre Festival,’ he learned the nuances of acting.
Pine has stated in many of his interviews that despite hailing from a very religious family, he does not follow any religion and describes himself as an agnostic. Chris Pine was charged for driving under the influence of alcohol in New Zealand and had to pay a hefty fine to get out of the mess in 2014. Chris Pine was romantically linked with Sofia Boutella due to their frequent public appearances. He was also rumored to be dating English actor Annabelle Wallis.
Chris Pine Net Worth
Chris Pine who has a net worth of $35 million dollars.[table id=194 /]
Chris has earned this net worth from romantic comedies like The Princess Diaries, Just my Luck, and Royal Engagement. He has also acted in action films like Unstoppable and Smoking Aces. Both of Chris’s parents had careers in acting which they did professionally.
Chris Pine Movies And TV Shows
- Chris Pine began his acting career on television with appearances on ER, The Guardian, and CSI: Miami. With his boyish good looks and striking blue eyes, it was only a matter of time before he was tapped for the lead in a romantic comedy; sure enough, he made his feature-film debut in 2004, starring opposite Anne Hathaway in The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement.
- Pine returned to the genre two years later, this time co-starring with Lindsay Lohan in Just My Luck. He was later given the opportunity to branch out as a villainous neo-Nazi in the ensemble crime flick Smoking Aces (2007).
- In 2008, Pine landed the coveted role of Captain James Kirk in the J.J. Adams-directed reboot of the famed Star Trek franchise. Starring fellow up-and-coming actors Zachary Quinto and Zoe Saldana as Spock and Uhura, respectively, Star Trek was both a critical and box-office success upon its 2009 release, and Pine became an overnight star.
- He reprised the role of Captain Kirk for Star Trek Into Darkness (2013) and again for Star Trek Beyond (2016).
- The success of Star Trek opened more doors for Pine, as he went on to earn additional prominent film roles. He starred alongside Denzel Washington in the Tony Scott thriller Unstoppable (2010);
- He became ensnared in a love triangle with Reese Witherspoon and Tom Hardy in the action rom-com This Means War (2012); and stepped into the role of the titular CIA agent in the Kenneth Branagh-directed Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit (2014).
- He also branched out from the usual leading-man fare, portraying a conniving bad guy in Horrible Bosses 2 (2014) and showing a comedic touch in the off-color musical Into the Woods (2014). After returning to type with a heroic role in The Finest Hours (2016), he co-starred as a noble-minded bank robber in Hell or High Water (2016), with Jeff Bridges.
- Pine next took on the role of Steve Trevor, ally and love interest to the titular heroine of Wonder Woman (2017). A huge hit thanks to the performances of Pine and co-star Gal Gadot, the feature breathed new life into the DC superhero universe and fueled production on a sequel, Wonder Woman 1984, set for a 2020 debut.
- In 2018, Pine enjoyed an important role in A Wrinkle In Time, based on the enduring children’s book by Madeleine L’Engle, and starred in the historical drama Outlaw King.
- The following year, he rejoined Wonder Woman director Patty Jenkins to headline the TNT series I Am the Night, playing a reporter who follows a slippery slope down the trail of an unsolved mystery.
- For the 2013 video game Star Trek, he gave his voice to the character of James T. Kirk.
- He enjoys doing skeet shooting.
- Pine is the cousin of Martin Jurow.
- He started wearing the glasses during third grade.
- He beat Mike Vogel for his role as James T. Kirk in the 2009 movie Star Trek.
- He was once given the title of “the new Harrison Ford” by the magazine US Weekly.
- He is not present on Twitter. But, you can his fan sites and fan pages on the web.
- He became the youngest actor to play the Star Trek lead, at the age of 28.
- Pine was once considered for the lead role in the 2010 movie TRON: Legacy.
- He is not on social media.
Chris Pine Is Not Married And Has Never Been Engaged. The 43-year-old Actor Has Been Linked To Olivia Munn And Dominique Piek.
Became Known For His Role As James T. Kirk In The 2009 Version Of Star Trek. He Received Additional Acclaim For His Starring Roles In Smokin’ Aces, This Means War, Rise Of The Guardians, And Unstoppable. In 2019, He Starred As Jay In The Tv Limited Series Called I Am The Night.
At Age 27 At The Time Of Filming, Was The Youngest Actor To Play The Lead In A Star Trek Film Or Series. Is The First Star Trek Lead To Be Born After The Series Began.
Chris Pine And Girlfriend Annabelle Wallis Stock Up While Social Distancing In L.A.
Pine Graduated From The University Of California, Berkeley In 2002 With A B.A. In English. He Was An Exchange Student At The University Of Leeds In England For One Year. After Graduating From Berkeley, He Attended The Williamstown Theatre Festival, And He Studied At The American Conservatory Theater In San Francisco.