George Strait is known as the King of Country Music. He is recognized as the King of Country and is one of the most well-known music artists of all time. Unlike many of his contemporaries, George Strait remained loyal to the traditional components of country music, encouraging others to shun the pop-infused sounds that were prevalent in the 1980s.
Strait is one of the most successful performers of all time, with over 100 million albums sold worldwide. Thirteen of his albums have gone multi-platinum, including the eight-time platinum “Pure Country,” while another 33 have gone platinum. Strait is the 12th US best-selling musician. He was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame in the 2000s.
George Strait Bio/Wiki
George Strait was born in Poteet, Texas on 18 May 1952. George grew up on his father’s 2,000-acre cattle ranch in Pearsall with two brothers, dealing with livestock and doing farmhand work from a young age. His parents split when he was in fourth grade.
Strait initially became interested in music when he was in high school, and he joined a rock ‘n roll band with his classmates.
Although Strait was first captivated by bands like The Beatles, he quickly discovered artists like Lefty Frizzell, Hank Thompson, and M. Haggard, among others. He went to live country music shows all throughout Texas on a regular basis.
He enlisted in the Army after graduating from high school and was stationed in Hawaii. He joined an Army-sanctioned country band after arriving, and he and his wife, Norma, welcomed their first child into the world. He served in the Armed forces for four years, rising to the rank of Corporal.
He pursued post-secondary study at Southwest Texas State University after his honorable discharge, finally graduating with a degree in Agriculture.
George Strait Net Worth
George Strait’s net worth is estimated to be approximately $300 million. George is regarded as the King of Country and one of the most influential music artists of all time. He earned most of his wealth through his three-decade-long career.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$300 million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||$280 million|
|Annual Salary||$20-30 million|
|Income Source||Album & Record earnings|
- George Strait joined a band called Stoney Ridge in college, eventually rising to lead singer and rebranding the group The Ace in the Hole Band. They immediately established a following in Texas, and they began opening for well-known acts such as the Texas Playboys at live shows.
- They were eventually given the chance to record a number of singles. The group, however, never really took off, and George continued working on his family’s ranch.
- Strait’s popularity began in 1981, when his first single Unwound has become smash during the height of the Urban Cowboy country music era, paving the way for the rise of neo-traditional countries in the 1980s and 1990s.
- Seven of his albums achieved number one on the country charts in the 1980s. Strait was selected Artist of the Decade by the Academy of Country Music in the 2000s, was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame and earned his first Grammy for Troubadour.
- George Strait won the CMA Entertainer of the Year award for three years in 1989, 1990, and 2013, and the ACM Entertainer of the Year award in 1990 and 2014. He has had more CMA and ACM nominations, as well as more victories in both categories.
- By 2009, he had exceeded Conway Twitty’s previous record of 44 number-one singles on Billboard’s Hot Country Songs list, surpassing Twitty’s 40.
- Strait has a total of 60 number-one hits throughout all music charts, breaking a record previously held by Twitty with Give It All We Got Tonight in 2013 and giving him more number one songs than any artist in any genre of music.
- George Strait is also recognized for designing a 360-degree layout and introducing festival-style tours during his touring career.
- The Strait Tours, for example, generated $99 million in three years. In June 2014, 104,793 people attended his final concert for The Cowboy Rides Away Tour at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas, introducing a high record for the largest indoor concert in North America.
- Strait is currently one of the best-selling musicians of all time, with over 100 million albums sold worldwide. 13 multi-platinum, 33 platinum, and 38 gold albums have been certified by the RIAA or Recording Industry Association of America.
- George Strait married his high school love on the spur of the moment.
- George was a member of the United States Army.
- George Strait holds a bachelor’s degree in agriculture.
- George’s son is a lyricist.
- Strait’s mother abandoned him when he was a child.
- George Strait holds the world record for North America’s biggest and largest indoor music concert.
- Strait’s first gigs were in a tavern in his college town.
How old is George Strait now?
Who is George Strait’s new wife?
Norma Voss Strait.
How many number one songs does George Strait have?
In history, none of the performers have had more number one hits than Strait. This is calculated by adding the number of top-thirty songs on Billboard44, as well as the number of top-thirty songs on Mediabase16.
Are George Strait and Jeff Bezos related?
Yes, Jeff Bezos is a distant cousin of George Strait.
Does George Strait have kids?
George Strait has two children, Jenifer Strait & George Strait Jr.