Gajraj Rao Bio, Age, Family, Wife, Movies, Tv Shows & Wiki
Gajraj Rao was Born in Dungarpur Rajasthan, India. He is an Indian actor who appears predominantly in Hindi films. He is known most for his award-winning performance in Badhaai Ho. He debuted in 1994 with a minor role in Shekhar Kapur’s Bandit Queen and has since worked in many films and web-series. Rao is known for his supporting roles in movies like Talvar, Blackmail, and web-series like TVF’S F.A.T.H.E.R.S. and Tech Conversations with Dad. He also directed a number of ad-films with Codered films. Recently he will be performing in Maidaan movie.
Gajraj Rao is an Indian actor who appears predominantly in Hindi films. He is known most for his award-winning performance in Badhaai Ho.
Real Name Gajraj Rao
Nick Name None
Profession(s) Actor and Ad Filmmaker
Gajraj Rao is an Indian film Actor, who has worked predominantly in Bollywood. He has worked in popular movies like Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan, Made In China. His previous film to hit the theatres was Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan in the year 2020.
Gajraj Rao Family, Education & More
Gajraj Rao Wife/Spouse Sanjana Rao
Children, He has two sons.
Son (S) Name Not Known
Height, Weight & More
Height (approx.) in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet inches- 5’ 9”
Weight 75 Kg
Eye Colour Black
Hair Colour Salt and Pepper
Gajraj Rao Age, Personal Life & More
Date of Birth Year 1971
Age (as in 2019) 48 Years
Birthplace Dungarpur, Rajasthan
Hometown Dungarpur, Rajasthan
Hobbies Reading and Travelling
Gajraj Rao Net Worth
Salary and Net Worth of Gajraj Rao
Net Worth, Salary, Income, Cars, Lifestyles & much more information of Gajraj Rao have been updated below. Let’s check, in 2019, how rich is Gajraj Rao?
Gajraj Rao estimated worth under assessment, as per the Wiki, Business insider & Multiple online resources. You may search net worth of past years, pay & more from below.
2020 Gajraj Rao Net Worth Under assessment
2019 Gajraj Rao Net Worth 0.5 Mil to 200 Mil
Salary Under assessment
Acknowledged, the main source of money for Gajraj Rao is Actor, Ad Filmmaker. As of now, we don’t have enough data regarding vehicles, fortnightly / yearly wage, and so on. We’re updating soon.
Favourite Food Chole Bhature
Favourite Actor Shah Rukh Khan
Favourite Actress Deepika Padukone
Favourite Cricketer(s) Yuvraj Singh and Sachin Tendulkar
Gajraj Rao Wife, Affairs and More
Marital Status Married
Gajraj Rao Wife/Spouse Sanjana Rao
Gajraj Rao Son 2 (Name Not Known)
Gajraj Rao Movies And Tv Shows
Gajraj Rao Movies Year/Gajraj Rao Movies Name
1994 Movies Bandit Queen
1995 Movies Pathreela Raasta
1998 Movies Dil Se.
2000 Movies Dil Pe Mat Le Yaar!!
2001 Movies Aks
2002 Movies Chhal, Dil Hai Tumhaara, Yeh Kya Ho Raha Hai?
2003 Movies Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi
2005 Movies Yahaan
2007 Movies Black Friday, No Smoking
2008 Movies Aamir
2015 Movies Talvar
2017 Movies Rangoon
2018 Movies Love per Square Foot, Blackmail, Badhaai Ho
2019 Movies Made in China
2020 Movies Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan, Lootcase
2015 Bang Baaja Baaraat
2016 A Day With RD Sharma
2018 Tech Conversations with Dad
2019 TVF Tripling Season 2
Some Known Facts About Gajraj Rao
- Gajraj Rao was born in a lower-middle-class family in Rajasthan and was brought up in Delhi.
- His father used to work in the Indian Railways. He used to live in a railway colony with his parents in Delhi. In an interview, he said, I learned various dialects while I was living in the railway colony. There would be someone from Himachal Pradesh, someone from Punjab, or a region in Uttar Pradesh. I was fascinated by these dialects and kept practicing them. Probably, that was the beginning of the actor in me who suddenly finds himself being called out by name. It also helped that the family would undertake yearly trips to Dungarpur in Rajasthan. We would either get off in Ratlam or Ahmedabad, traveling by Deluxe or Sarvodaya Express.”
- At the age of 16, he joined a theatre group. He attended the famous theatre group, ‘Act One’ with the film actors, Manoj Bajpayee and Ashish Vidyarthi.
- In an interview, he shared how he had developed an interest in theatres, he said, When I was a student at Delhi University, a friend introduced me to the theatre. I watched Sandhya Chhaya at Shri Ram Centre For Performing Arts, Mandi House. I was blown by the magic of theatre. There were about 100 people in the audience, and two young actors played senior citizens on stage. The lighting, the music everything impressed me I slept very late that night because the experience kept replaying in my mind. I was drawn to the theatre and my trips to Mandi House became more frequent. I was hooked.”
- Later, he started doing small jobs and continued his theatre work, simultaneously.
- He started working at the tailor shop ‘Iqbal Tailors’ in Delhi. He then worked in a garment company of his friend.
- He used to read literature which helped him in getting a job as a freelance writer in Navbharat and Hindustan Times.
- Later, he got an offer to write scripts for the anchors of Doordarshan.
- The Indian television producer, Siddhartha Basu, noticed his work and offered him a show based on audience interaction.
- The turning point in his life came when he met the Bollywood director and writer, Pradeep Sarkar. Pradeep offered him to write scripts for his ad films. Gajraj agreed to it and worked with him for a few years.
- Gajraj Rao was introduced to the famous director Shekhar Kapur by his friend Tigmanshu Dhulia. Shekhar offered him the role of Ashok Chand Thakur in the Bollywood film ‘Bandit Queen’ (1994).
- In 2003, Gajraj, along with his friend Subrat Ray, opened an ad commercial production house, ‘Code Red Film.’ Gajraj has acted and directed many popular ad films.
- Some of the ad films made under his production house are Maruti Suzuki, Samsung, Cadbury, Reliance Foundation, HUL, McDonald’s, Flipkart, Taaza Tea, and Procter & Gamble.
- His company has received awards at Adfest Asia, Promax Singapore, The Cup, NYF, and Asia Pacific Advertising.
- He has appeared in various Bollywood films, like Dil Se (1998), Aks (2001), Dil Hai Tumhaara (2002), Black Friday (2007), and Aamir (2008).
- His first public service film was for the National Anthem.
- He has appeared in many web-series, including ‘A Day With RD Sharma’ (2016), ‘F.A.T.H.E.R.S.’ (2017), ‘Tech Conversations with Dad’ (2018), and ‘TVF Tripling Season 2’ (2019).
- He has directed a short video named ‘Rorito: Write the New.’ He has also produced documentaries like ‘Budhia Singh: Born to Run’ (2016) and ‘The Tribal Scoop’ (2018).
- He came into the limelight with the Bollywood film ‘Badhaai Ho’ in 2018. He played the character of Jeetendra Kaushik (father of Ayushmann Khurrana) in the film.
- He appeared in Bollywood films like ‘Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan’ and ‘Lootcase’ in 2020.
- In an interview, he shared some instances of his journey as an ad filmmaker, he said, Nitesh Tiwari gave me my second advertisement. Someone said I was a newcomer, but he liked me. A three-minute film for Sonata in Tamil (for Lintas, then headed by Balki) did very well. I worked extensively with noted cinematographer V Manikantan. He’s a great influence on my journey.”
- He has received many awards for his film ‘Badhaai Ho’ 2018.
- He appeared in ‘The Kapil Sharma Show’ with the team of ‘Badhaai Ho’ (2018) and ‘Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan’ (2020).
- In ‘The Kapil Sharma Show,’ he revealed that he calls his wife every 30 minutes. He further said, ‘I saw a European film once. There is a married couple in that film. The memory of one of the two goes away. After this, the other partner feels that the two have never shared anything worth remembering from each other, so how to remember the partner in such a situation. After watching the film, I decided that from now on, whatever will happen in my life will keep my wife updated.”