Gajraj Rao was Born in Dungarpur Rajasthan, India. He is an Indian actor who appears predominantly in Hindi films. He is known most for his award-winning performance in Badhaai Ho. He debuted in 1994 with a minor role in Shekhar Kapur’s Bandit Queen and has since worked in many films and web-series. Rao is known for his supporting roles in movies like Talvar, Blackmail, and web-series like TVF’S F.A.T.H.E.R.S. and Tech Conversations with Dad. He also directed a number of ad-films with Codered films. Recently he will be performing in Maidaan movie.
The actor is also a part of the ad filmmaking firm called Code Red Films, which he is associated with as a director and writer. He has also essayed the role of Murli Prasad Sharma in Y-Films` web series Bang Baaja Baaraat (2015) and Bhatia in TVF`s web series F.A.T.H.E.R.S. (2017). His other releases include Blackmail, Love Per Square Foot, Badhaai Ho, Lootcase, Made In China and Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan.
Gajraj Rao is an Indian actor who appears predominantly in Hindi films. He is known most for his award-winning performance in Badhaai Ho.
|Birth Name||Gajraj Rao|
|Age||(as in 2020) 49 Years|
|Religion||Name Not Known|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Name Not Known|
|Birth Place||Dungarpur, Rajasthan|
|Date of Birth||Year 1971|
|Residence||Name Not Known|
|Home Town||Dungarpur, Rajasthan|
|Hobbies||Reading and Travelling|
|Mother's Name||Name Not Known|
|Father's Name||Name Not Known|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Marriage Date||Not Known|
|Children||He has Two Sons, Name Not Known|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Profession||Actor and Ad Filmmaker|
|Brands Endorsed||Not Known|
|Career Manager||Not Known|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm|
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (Approx.)||75 Kg|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Not Known|
|Hair Color||Salt and Pepper|
|Favourite Food||Chole Bhature|
|Favourite Actors||Shah Rukh Khan|
|Favourite Actress||Deepika Padukone|
|Favourite Cricketer(s)||Yuvraj Singh and Sachin Tendulkar|
Gajraj Rao is an Indian film Actor, who has worked predominantly in Bollywood. He has worked in popular movies like Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan, Made In China. His previous film to hit the theatres was Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan in the year 2020.
Gajraj Rao Net Worth
Gajraj Rao estimated worth under assessment, as per the Wiki, Business insider & Multiple online resources. You may search net worth of past years, pay & more from below. Net Worth, Salary, Income, Cars, Lifestyles & much more information of Gajraj Rao have been updated below. Let’s check, in 2020, how rich is Gajraj Rao?
|Estimated Net Worth in 2020||Under assessment|
|Previous Year's Net Worth (2018)||0.5 Mil to 200 Mil|
|Annual Salary||Under assessment|
|Income Source||Actor and Ad Filmmaker|
Acknowledged, the main source of money for Gajraj Rao is Actor, Ad Filmmaker. As of now, we don’t have enough data regarding vehicles, fortnightly / yearly wage, and so on. We’re updating soon.
Gajraj Rao Movies And Tv Shows
|2000||Dil Pe Mat Le Yaar!!|
|2002||Chhal, Dil Hai Tumhaara, Yeh Kya Ho Raha Hai?|
|2003||Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi|
|2007||Black Friday, No Smoking|
|2018||Love per Square Foot, Blackmail, Badhaai Ho|
|2019||Made in China|
|2020||Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan, Lootcase|
|2015||Bang Baaja Baaraat|
|2016||A Day With RD Sharma|
|2018||Tech Conversations with Dad|
|2019||TVF Tripling Season 2|
Some Known Facts About Gajraj Rao
- Gajraj Rao was born in a lower-middle-class family in Rajasthan and was brought up in Delhi.
- His father used to work in the Indian Railways. He used to live in a railway colony with his parents in Delhi. In an interview, he said, I learned various dialects while I was living in the railway colony. There would be someone from Himachal Pradesh, someone from Punjab, or a region in Uttar Pradesh. I was fascinated by these dialects and kept practicing them. Probably, that was the beginning of the actor in me who suddenly finds himself being called out by name. It also helped that the family would undertake yearly trips to Dungarpur in Rajasthan. We would either get off in Ratlam or Ahmedabad, traveling by Deluxe or Sarvodaya Express.”
- At the age of 16, he joined a theatre group. He attended the famous theatre group, ‘Act One’ with the film actors, Manoj Bajpayee and Ashish Vidyarthi.
- In an interview, he shared how he had developed an interest in theatres, he said, When I was a student at Delhi University, a friend introduced me to the theatre. I watched Sandhya Chhaya at Shri Ram Centre For Performing Arts, Mandi House. I was blown by the magic of theatre. There were about 100 people in the audience, and two young actors played senior citizens on stage. The lighting, the music everything impressed me I slept very late that night because the experience kept replaying in my mind. I was drawn to the theatre and my trips to Mandi House became more frequent. I was hooked.”
- Later, he started doing small jobs and continued his theatre work, simultaneously.
- He started working at the tailor shop ‘Iqbal Tailors’ in Delhi. He then worked in a garment company of his friend.
- He used to read literature which helped him in getting a job as a freelance writer in Navbharat and Hindustan Times.
- Later, he got an offer to write scripts for the anchors of Doordarshan.
- The Indian television producer, Siddhartha Basu, noticed his work and offered him a show based on audience interaction.
- The turning point in his life came when he met the Bollywood director and writer, Pradeep Sarkar. Pradeep offered him to write scripts for his ad films. Gajraj agreed to it and worked with him for a few years.
- Gajraj Rao was introduced to the famous director Shekhar Kapur by his friend Tigmanshu Dhulia. Shekhar offered him the role of Ashok Chand Thakur in the Bollywood film ‘Bandit Queen’ (1994).
- In 2003, Gajraj, along with his friend Subrat Ray, opened an ad commercial production house, ‘Code Red Film.’ Gajraj has acted and directed many popular ad films.
- Some of the ad films made under his production house are Maruti Suzuki, Samsung, Cadbury, Reliance Foundation, HUL, McDonald’s, Flipkart, Taaza Tea, and Procter & Gamble.
- His company has received awards at Adfest Asia, Promax Singapore, The Cup, NYF, and Asia Pacific Advertising.
- He has appeared in various Bollywood films, like Dil Se (1998), Aks (2001), Dil Hai Tumhaara (2002), Black Friday (2007), and Aamir (2008).
- His first public service film was for the National Anthem.
- He has appeared in many web-series, including ‘A Day With RD Sharma’ (2016), ‘F.A.T.H.E.R.S.’ (2017), ‘Tech Conversations with Dad’ (2018), and ‘TVF Tripling Season 2’ (2019).
- He has directed a short video named ‘Rorito: Write the New.’ He has also produced documentaries like ‘Budhia Singh: Born to Run’ (2016) and ‘The Tribal Scoop’ (2018).
- He came into the limelight with the Bollywood film ‘Badhaai Ho’ in 2018. He played the character of Jeetendra Kaushik (father of Ayushmann Khurrana) in the film.
- He appeared in Bollywood films like ‘Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan’ and ‘Lootcase’ in 2020.
- In an interview, he shared some instances of his journey as an ad filmmaker, he said, Nitesh Tiwari gave me my second advertisement. Someone said I was a newcomer, but he liked me. A three-minute film for Sonata in Tamil (for Lintas, then headed by Balki) did very well. I worked extensively with noted cinematographer V Manikantan. He’s a great influence on my journey.”
- He has received many awards for his film ‘Badhaai Ho’ 2018.
- He appeared in ‘The Kapil Sharma Show’ with the team of ‘Badhaai Ho’ (2018) and ‘Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan’ (2020).
- In ‘The Kapil Sharma Show,’ he revealed that he calls his wife every 30 minutes. He further said, ‘I saw a European film once. There is a married couple in that film. The memory of one of the two goes away. After this, the other partner feels that the two have never shared anything worth remembering from each other, so how to remember the partner in such a situation. After watching the film, I decided that from now on, whatever will happen in my life will keep my wife updated.”