Amala Paul is a well-known Indian actress and model. She mainly appears in Tamil, Telugu, and Malayalam movies. After performing in a supporting role in the Malayalam-language movie Neelathamara, Amala became noted after playing the title role in Mynaa, earning critical acclaim for her work.
Amala was born in a Christian family on 26 October 1991 at Aluva, Ernakulam, Kerala. Her father’s name is Paul Varghese and her mother’s name is Annice Paul. She has a brother Abijith Paul, an actor. As early as 2011, when Amala was working on Deiva Thirumagal, she was romantically linked to director A. L. Vijay but denied that the pair were dating. On 12 June 2014, she got married to Vijay at Aluva in Kochi at Mayor Ramanathan Chettiar Hall, Chennai. In 2016, Amala and Vijay filed for a divorce due to a disagreement between her and her in-laws on continuing her acting career. They were granted a divorce in February 2017. In March 2020, Paul married musician, Bhavinder Singh.
Amala Paul Wiki/Bio[table id=2283 /]
Amala Paul completed her schooling at Nirmala higher secondary school. Later she completed her higher secondary education from the school Aluva Government Higher Secondary School. She joined the world of modeling on the advice of director Lal Jose. He also managed her modeling career.
At the time, her modeling profile was recognized by Malayalam director Lal Jose who gave her a supporting role in his remake, Neelathamara in 2009. Despite emerging a success, the movie failed to bring any further offers, as she had anticipated. She pursued roles in Tamil movies and went on to sign for the low-budget comedy movie Vikadakavi, which was delayed and ultimately became her 6th release, while also signing on to play the lead role in another small budget film Veerasekaran (2010).
Amala Paul Net Worth
Amala Paul’s net worth estimated to be $5 million. she charges around 1 crore rupees per film as remuneration.[table id=2284 /]
- Amala surrendered on 15 January 2017 before the Crime Branch (CB) after the agency had charged in November 2017 last for using fake documents to fraudulently register her S class Mercedes Benz worth INR 1.12 crore in August 2017. The tax she was supposed to pay was INR 20 lakh, but she showed it as her relative’s car address given for the car is a person who claims to be her relative car to avoid the high tax on expensive vehicles in Kerala.
- Amala has been charged with cheating, forgery, and use of fake documents as genuine ones under sections 420, 468, and 471 of the Indian Penal Code. The offenses come under the non-bailable category and carry a punishment of up to 7 years.
- She moved to Chennai High Court to take action against her ex-boyfriend Bhavninder Singh in November 2020. According to Amala, Bhavninder had allegedly shared a few pictures of Amala on his social media accounts; claiming them to be the wedding picture of his with Amala; however, she denied the pictures to be of their wedding pictures and claimed that the photos were taken for professional work. She demanded a stay to publish her pictures with Bhavinder Singh and also filed a defamation case against Bhavninder.
Amala Paul, after finishing her Plus Two education, took a year out before planning to pursue engineering for further education. At the time, her modeling portfolio was spotted by noted Malayalam director Lal Jose who offered her a supporting role in his remake, Neelathamara (2009). Despite emerging a success, the film failed to attract any further offers, as she had anticipated.
Amala Paul worked in Samy’s controversial Sindhu Samaveli (2010), portraying the role of Sundari, who has an illicit relationship with her father-in-law. The director of the film had previously drawn criticism for his depictions of illicit romances as well for assaulting his previous lead actress in a film, but Amala played down the issue citing that she had no problem with the director. She was approached after the major portions of her next release, Mynaa were ready and signed on before listening to the entirety of the story, claiming that she was shocked but not upset with the controversial scenes which she heard later. Upon release, the film met with contrasting reviews, whilst some critics refused to give the film a rating, declaring their disgust at the film’s plot.
Following the success of Mynaa, Amala became touted as the “new star of 2011” as she subsequently signed on to several prominent projects. She has signed six big-budget films with established stars since, with two films opposite Vikram in Deiva Magan and a yet to be titled Suseenthiran project. She will then appear in the bilingual Vettai and its Telugu version Veta opposite leading actors Arya and Mahesh Babu under Linguswamy’s direction. Moreover, she has also signed the romantic musical Muppozhudhum Un Karpanai opposite Adharvaa and the Telugu film Oh My Friend which also features Siddharth and Amrita Rao. Amala also has three smaller films in production, the first being her maiden Tamil assignment, Vikadakavi.[table id=2285 /]
Facts About Amala Paul
- She was born into a Syro-Malabar Catholic family.
- Amala has worked in different languages such as Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu, and Kannada.
- She rename her on-screen name Amala Paul to Anakha on the advice provided by director Samy, because another actress, Amala (Amala Akkineni), had already made her name famous.
- Amala again changed her on-screen name Anakha to real name Amala Paul in 2010, as she observed that the replacement had brought her bad luck.
- She rose to fame for the playing of a controversial role “Sundari” in the Tamil erotic thriller ‘Sindhu Samaveli’ in 2010.
Recently, Amala Paul shared a picture on her social media accounts where she looks really stunning. At first glance, she looks like Deepika Padukone. A closer look and yes, she looks stunning and hotter than Deepika.
Both of them are actors is the only thing in common. They concentrate on different fields. Amala Paul in Tamil and Malayalam and Illeana D’Cruz in Telugu and Hindi. So there is no comparison possible on the talent, as Telugu and Hindi films use Illeana only as a glamour doll. But Amala Paul has had meaty roles too.
Always remember that one’s career doesn’t end after a movie that consists of controversies. Her latest movie Aadai has got many controversies, but it’s a good movie. It has taught the viewers how to go under these situations.
31 years old (26 October 1991).