Francis Odinaka Uzoho, a goalkeeper for Nigeria’s national team and Cypriot First Division club Omonia, was born in Nigeria on October 28, 1998. He was named to the 28-Man Nigeria roster for the 2021 AFCON Nations Cup on December 25, 2021, by interim coach Eguavoen. Uzoho played goal for Nigeria against Ghana on March 29, 2022, in a World Cup qualifier.
He received criticism for his performance because he made a mistake that allowed Ghana to score and eventually prevented his country from qualifying for the World Cup. He apologized, saying “I intended to take my country to Qatar but did the reverse.” Alex Iwobi and Vincent Enyeama, national teammates and former international players supported Uzoho.
Francis Uzoho Bio/Wiki
[table id=5141 /]
- Cypriot Cup: 2021–22
Francis Uzoho Net Worth
The range of Francis Uzoho’s net worth or income is thought to be between €1,500,000. However, his major occupation as a soccer player has brought him a significant amount of wealth.
[table id=5138 /]
Francis Uzoho FIFA 22 Stats
In FIFA 22, Francis Uzoho has an overall rating of 70 and his potential is also 82.
[table id=5139 /]
- Uzoho, who was born in Nwangele, joined the Aspire Academy in Senegal in 2013 at the age of 14; originally a forward, he was changed to a goalkeeper at the age of 12 after being considered “too sluggish.”
- In 2016, he joined Deportivo de La Corua’s Juvenil team after making an impression in a competition in Barcelona.
- Due to age restrictions, Uzoho could only sign a deal with Dépor in January 2017; shortly after doing so, he began working out with the first team.
- Prior to the 2017–18 campaign, he was promoted to the reserve squad, and on September 10 he started his professional debut in a 3-0 Segunda División B home victory over Real Madrid Castilla.
- On October 15, 2017, Uzoho started in an away 0-0 draw against SD Eibar for his first appearance with the first squad and in La Liga.
- He made his La Liga debut at the age of 18 years and 352 days, making him the second-youngest player to play in the league during the current season, only behind Achraf Hakimi of Real Madrid.
- Uzoho’s contract was extended on August 24, 2018, for a further three seasons, and he was then sent a one-year loan to Segunda División team Elche CF.
- Prior to the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations, he joined on loan to the Cypriot club Anorthosis Famagusta in February 2019 in pursuit of more first-team action.
- After he made his club debut, questions regarding his health certificate were raised.
- Anorthosis Famagusta filed an appeal after 9 points were taken away from them as a consequence.
- Although Uzoho’s appeal against his personal punishment of a one-match suspension and €1,000 fine was denied, it was successful.
- He traveled back to Cyprus on loan in July 2019—this time with Omonia.
- Because of a terrible injury, he sustained while competing for his country’s national team, he only participated in a select few games.
- Uzoho signed a three-year contract to go permanently to APOEL in July 2020 but was let go at the end of the campaign.
- Uzoho joined Omonia on a three-year contract on September 1, 2021, to serve as Fabiano’s backup.
- Uzoho won accolades for his performance in the Europa League match against Manchester United at Old Trafford on October 13, 2022.
- Uzoho made 12 saves on the night, but Omonia fell 1-0 due to a late goal.
- He was a candidate for the Player of the Week and Save of the Day honors in the Europa League.
- In 2013, Uzoho competed for Nigeria’s under-17 team in the FIFA U-17 World Cup.
- He was Dele Alampasu’s initial backup despite being only 14 years old.
- Uzoho’s first call-up to the Nigerian senior team came in October 2017.
- On November 14, he replaced Daniel Akpeyi in a 4-2 friendly win against Argentina to make his entire international debut.
- He was selected for the 23-person Nigerian team to compete in the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.
- He was then regarded as Nigeria’s starting goalkeeper.
- In November 2018 owing to an injury, he left the national team.
- He participated in the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations team.
- In their victory over Tunisia for third place, Nigeria had Uzoho in goal.
- He was injured in a friendly match against Brazil in October 2019 and required surgery in November 2019.
He is currently 25 years old (as of 2023).
He is 196 cm tall.
He plays as a goalkeeper.
After his transfer to Omonia Nicosia, his net worth is €1,500,000 (as of 2023).