Esha Gupta is a well-known Indian Film Actress, Model, Television Actress, Television Presenter & Television Personality. She is mostly known for her work in the Bollywood film industry as well as the Telugu cinema. She won the title of Miss India International in 2007. In the Femina Miss India contest of the year 2007, Gupta was placed third and won the Miss India International title. She also represented India at Miss International pageant.
Esha Gupta was born on 28 September 1985 in New Delhi. Her father’s name is Omkaar Gupta, a retired Indian Army Officer And her mother’s name is Lakshmi Gupta. Esha has a brother Karan Gupta and a sister Neha Gupta. She was in a relationship with Armaan Gujral, the son of Delhi socialite Feroze Gujral. She then came into a relationship with Nikhil Thampi, who is a fashion designer. Esha was even rumored to be in a relationship with the Indian cricketer, Hardik Pandya.
Esha Gupta Wiki/Bio
[table id=2078 /]
Esha Gupta was born and brought up in Delhi. She completed her schooling from India Blue Bells International, New Delhi. Then she took admission to Manipal Institute of Communication, Manipal University, Karnataka, and completed her graduation in Mass Communications Course.
Esha Gupta auditioned for the Femina Miss India beauty pageant. She was named ‘Miss Photogenic’ in the competition. She went on to take part in the Miss India International contest and won the title in 2007. She also featured on Kingfisher’s Calendar in 2010. She made her Bollywood debut with the movie ‘Jannat 2’ opposite Emraan Hashmi. This movie directed by Mahesh Bhatt was successful at the box-office and fetched her recognition in the industry.
Esha Gupta Net Worth
Esha has an estimated net worth of $6.5 million. She lives in a luxurious apartment in the posh area of Mumbai and drives a BMW worth Rs 60 lakh.
[table id=2079 /]
- After the unfortunate Bengaluru mass molestation incident on the New Year’Eve of 2017, when Samajwadi Politician (SP) Abu Azmi, said that if women wear short dresses and choose to roam on the roads in the night, such incidents are bound to happen. After this, Esha tweeted, “The only woman to blame here,n she probably would have blamed herself too, is the woman who unknowingly gave birth to a jerk like u#AbuAzmi.” Later, son of Abu Azmi, Farhan Azmi replied back to her by tweeting, “Esha, a woman who gave birth to @abuasimazmi is my grandma, who is no longer amongst us to defend herself. She was far more dignified than U.”
- Esha was trolled for showing her middle finger on the Internet in a boomerang video, In 2018.
- She was slammed by social media for making racist comments on a Nigerian footballer, Alexander Iwobi in 2019. In a tweet shared on the micro-blogging site, Esha Gupta was seen expressing her racist remarks on the footballer on her Instagram story. “Solves our winger issues. I can’t see that gorilla faced Iwobi running down the flank again. He’s so bad ya,” read the screenshot. After the backlash on Instagram, Esha had apologized on her Twitter account. She tweeted, ”Guys I am sorry you thought it was racist. Was bad on my part, being a sports lover. Sorry guys, forgive the stupidity.”
Esha Gupta was then cast in Vikram Bhatt’s horror thriller movie ‘Raaz 3D alongside Emraan Hashmi and Bipasha Basu. Further, in 2014, she starred in the movie ‘Humshakals’ with Saif Ali Khan, Bipasha Basu, Tamannah, and Ritesh Deshmukh, which proved to be a box-office disaster.
Later in 2015, she appeared in the movie ‘Baby’. She also appeared in a music video titled ‘Main Rahoon Ya Na Rahoon’ which also featured Emraan Hashmi. This music video for Armaan Malik’s song was hugely popular. Esha Gupta appeared in 2016’s critically acclaimed and commercially successful movie ‘Rustom’.
Esha Gupta has also starred in a Tamil movie titled, ‘Yaar Ivan’ in 2017. She played the main antagonist in the movie ‘Commando 2’. She was recently seen in multi starrer film Baadshaho and One Day: Justice Delivered among others. She will be next seen in films like Aankhen 2 and Hera Pheri 3. In addition to Hindi, she has worked in Tamil and Telugu films as well.
Esha Gupta has also hosted the National Geographic TV show ‘Nat Geo Super Cars’ in 2012. She has been named among ‘Top 50 Most Desirable Women’ by Times magazine several times. Esha was also among FHM’s ‘World’s Sexiest 100 Women’ in 2013.
[table id=2080 /]
What You Should Know About Esha Gupta
- Does Esha Gupta drink alcohol? : No
- Does Esha Gupta smoke? : No
- Filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt offered her the lead role in Jannat 2 (2012) opposite Emraan Hashmi after seeing her topless pose in the Kingfisher Calendar 2010.
- Due to her facial resemblance to Angelina Jolie, Esha is a lookalike.
- For protection from evil spirits, she wears a locket and puts a dot of kajal behind her ear.
- In spite of being offered a scholarship at a prestigious US university, Esha Gupta declined it to pursue her career in Bollywood.
- Her passion for cars led her to host Nat Geo’s Super Cars in 2012.
- Kathak and jazz dance are two of her specialties.
- Esha Gupta is a vegetarian.
- She is a spa addict.
- She was named Goodwill Ambassador for the Touching Little Heart project, which provides free heart surgery to children under 16 years old.
Can we compare Esha Gupta to the Hollywood actresses?
Definitely yes, we can compare Esha Gupta with the Hollywood actresses due to her boldness, seductiveness, and her beautiful curvaceous hot body which could make any man wait for her.
Why is Esha Gupta famous in Bollywood?
Esha Gupta is a Hot and beautiful actress of Bollywood. She has worked on many Bollywood movies and got huge fame or love from his fans. Her acting skills are also very good.
How do you rate the acting skills of Esha Gupta?
Average-Nothing special She has only done a few good films in Bollywood most of them under Vishesh Films eg Jannat 2, Raaz 3, etc. She has got exceptionally good looks and typical Indian Features which make her one of the best-looking actresses in the industry. But she lacks in the acting department or may I say that we haven’t had the chance to see her acting skills in action in some acting centric film without skin show and glamour.She is treated as eye candy more than an actor
Should Esha Gupta be sacked as Arsenal’s ambassador after her racist remarks?
Why was she made one in the first instance itself is a mystery, she may or may not be aware of Arsenal and its history but a club ambassador should be one who has an in-depth knowledge of the club, presents a global image, and most importantly conduct themselves amicably. Isha at best is a fan and does not suit the role of an ambassador.