Emily Blunt is a British-American actress who is popular for playing seminal roles in films like ‘The Devil Wears Prada,’ ‘The Girl on the Train,’ and ‘Edge of Tomorrow.’ She used to stammer as a kid but overcame her stammering eventually. An intense avidness for acting during her growing up years saw her landing the part of Juliet at the age of 19 in a theatrical adaptation of the legendary Shakespearean tragedy ‘Romeo and Juliet’ in 2002. She debuted professionally by appearing in ‘The Royal Family,’ a drama adapted for the London stage where she starred opposite the celebrated English actress Dame Judi Dench.
The ‘Evening Standard’ bestowed her with the ‘Best Newcomer’ award for her portrayal of Gwen Cavendish in the play. After appearing in numerous other stage productions, she got her first major break when she was offered a part in the British TV film ‘Boudica.’ She also got the role of Catherine Howard in ‘Henry VIII,’ a drama movie adapted for television. Soon after, she made her debut on the big screen with the movie ‘My Summer of Love.’ Thereafter, Emily went on to star in numerous movies, TV films, and series for which she has earned several prestigious awards and nominations.
|Birth Name||Emily Olivia Leah Blunt|
|Nick Name||• Emily|
• Emily Sharp
|Age||(as in 2020) 37 years|
|Religion||Anglican / Episcopalian|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Pisces|
|Birth Place||Roehampton, London, England|
|Date of Birth||23 February 1983|
|Mother's Name||Joanna Blunt (Teacher, Ex-Actress)|
|Father's Name||Oliver Simon Peter Blunt (Barrister)|
|Grandfather||Peter Blunt (Major-General)|
|Uncle||Crispin Blunt (Conservative Member of Parliament, Reigate)|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Michael Bublé (2005-2008) – A Canadian singer. The actress shared a 3-year affair with the singer. Both met at Logie Awards, Melbourne. The couple shared a home together at Vancouver, Canada. The affair ended in 2008.|
Marital Status, Husband and Children
|Husband/Spouse||John Krasinski- Moving on from her broken relationship with the Canadian singer Michael, Emily started dating American actor, John Krasinski. The duo got engaged in 2009.|
|Marriage Date||10 July 2010, in Como, Italy|
|Children||• Son- None|
• Daughters- Hazel Krasinski
|School||Ibstock Place School, Roehampton|
|College/University||Private sixth-form college i.e. Hurtwood House, Surrey|
|Brands Endorsed||• Yves Saint Laurent perfume|
• Roland Mouret
• Alice + Olivia Devon
• Jimmy Choo Baxter Wadges
• Lorraine Schwartz
• Dolce & Gabbana
|Career Manager||Creative Artists Agency, Los Angeles|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 171 cm|
in meters- 1.71 m
in feet inches- 5’7½”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 52 kg|
in pounds- 115 lbs
|Breast Size||34 Inches|
|Hips Size||35 Inches|
|Waist Size||23 Inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||White|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Dress Size||4 (US) or 36 (EU)|
|Shoe Size||9 (US) or 39.5 (EU)|
|Favorite Food||Cookies, Chocolate Chip, Pizza.|
|Favorite Book||Sister by Rosamund Lupton|
|Favorite TV Show||Oprah|
|Favorite Cartoon Character||Popeye|
Emily Olivia Leah Blunt was born on 23 February 1983, in Wandsworth, London, to Oliver Simon Peter Blunt, a barrister and Joanna, a teacher and one-time actress. Emily has three siblings, an older sister named Felicity, a younger brother named Sebastian, and a younger sister named Susannah.
Emily struggled with stammering from the age of eight and her struggle continued for the next seven years. She was advised by a school teacher to take up acting so that she could prevail over her stuttering. Emily began her schooling at ‘Ibstock Place School’ in Roehampton and thereafter attended ‘Hurtwood House,’ a high school for residential students situated in Dorking, Surrey.
She completed a two-year program on performing arts besides excelling in singing, playing the cello, and sports. In August 2000, she got an opportunity to demonstrate her acting skills in the ‘Edinburgh Festival’ where she caught the attention of an actor and agent named Kenneth Mcreddie. Kenneth helped Emily make a mark in London’s theater district, ‘West End,’ and ‘BBC.’
Blunt met Canadian singer Michael Bublé in 2005 and the two began dating. She would later appear on the song “Me and Mrs. Jones” on the Bublé 2007 album Call Me Irresponsible. The couple split in 2008. In 2010, Blunt married Krasinski, then known for his work on The Office. She gave birth to a daughter, Hazel, on February 16, 2014. The couple welcomed their second daughter, Violet, in June 2016.
Emily Blunt Net Worth
Emily Blunt has a net worth of $25 million dollars.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2019||$25 million|
|Previous Year's Net Worth (2018)||Under Review|
|Annual Salary||Under Review|
She has continued her film career, acting in movies including Edge of Tomorrow with Tom Cruise and The Huntsman: Winter’s War with Chris Hemsworth and Charlize Theron. Blunt has won a Golden Globe and Screen Actors Guild Award as well as received several nominations.
After starring in several television shows and movies, Emily Blunt’s net worth is an estimated $25 million in 2019. Her Husband Krasinski has four Primetime Emmy Award nominations and two Screen Actors Guild Awards as well as several other accolades. In 2018, Time named Krasinski as one of the 100 most influential people in the world. In addition to his $100,000 salary for an episode of the Office, he has also starred in multiple print and television ads. John Krasinski’s net worth is an estimated $30 million in 2019.
Emily Blunt Movies And TV Shows
- British TV would soon come calling, and Blunt presented on such shows as Foyle’s War and Agatha Christie: Poirot and landed a recurring role in the miniseries Empire. She also has seen her acting footing in TV movies such as Henry VIII (2003) and The Strange Case of Sherlock Holmes & Arthur Conan Doyle (2005).
- Blunt made the jump to the big screen during this period, making an impression in My Summer of Love (2004), in which she played a character who had a summer fling with another woman. Her portrayal received raves, and her next big break was just around the corner.
- In 2006, Blunt co-starred in the film The Devil Wears Prada, based on the bestselling novel by the same name, and was nominated for a best-supporting actress Golden Globe. She didn’t win in that category but did receive a Globe for her work in the TV movie Gideon’s Daughter.
- More and more roles followed, including parts in The Jane Austen Book Club, Dan in Real Life, and Charlie Wilson’s War, all released in 2007.
- In 2008, Vanity Fair magazine named Blunt one of its Top Fresh Faces, and she followed that honor with such diverse films as Sunshine Cleaning (2008), The Young Victoria (2009; Golden Globe lead actress nomination for her role of Queen Victoria) and The Wolfman (2010).
- What followed her increasingly solid performances were mainstream films the likes of which Blunt’s career had not yet seen. She co-starred in The Adjustment Bureau (2011), The Muppets (2011), Salmon Fishing in Yemen, and Looper (2012) before appearing in the blockbuster Tom Cruise sci-fi flick Edge of Tomorrow (2014), a movie that both fans and critics applauded.
- The 2014 holiday season also saw Blunt showcasing her singing chops in the film adaptation of the Stephen Sondheim musical Into the Woods, co-starring Anna Kendrick, Johnny Depp, and Tracey Ullman, among a league of other thespians.
- Blunt played the Baker’s Wife opposite James Corden, with the couple trying to have a child through the machinations of a witch (Meryl Streep). Blunt received her fifth Golden Globe nomination for the role.
- The following year she earned more acclaim for her lead role in Sicario, playing an FBI agent who becomes embroiled in the Mexican drug wars. The project saw her reunited with Benicio Del Toro, with whom she co-starred in The Wolfman.
- In 2016 she played Queen Freya in The Huntsman: Winter’s War.
- In early 2018, Blunt starred in the hit horror flick A Quiet Place alongside real-life husband John Krasinski, who also directed the feature.
- Later that year she headlined the successful musical Mary Poppins Returns, drawing another Golden Globe nod for her performance as the titular nanny.
- Next up for the actress in 2020 was a return to the world of silent horrors in A Quiet Place Part II, followed by a pairing with Dwayne Johnson in the action-adventure Jungle Cruise, based on the popular Disneyland ride.
|2004||My Summer of Love|
|2006 ||The Devil Wears Prada|
The Jane Austen Book Club
Dan in Real Life
Charlie Wilson's War
|2008||The Great Buck Howard|
|2009 ||The Young Victoria|
|2011||Gnomeo & Juliet|
The Adjustment Bureau
Salmon Fishing in the Yemen
Your Sister's Sister
|2012||The Five-Year Engagement|
|2014||The Wind Rises|
Edge of Tomorrow
Into the Woods
|2016||The Huntsman: Winter's War|
The Girl on the Train
|2017||Animal Crackers |
My Little Pony: The Movie
|2018||A Quiet Place|
Mary Poppins Returns
|2020 ||A Quiet Place Part II|
TV Shows & Serials List
|2004 ||Agatha Christie's Poirot|
The Strange Case of Sherlock Holmes & Arthur Conan Doyle
|2015 ||Lip Sync Battle|
|2016||Saturday Night Live|
- She won Golden Globe Award in 2007 for her acting in BBC’s Gideon’s Daughter.
- Her father is one of the high profile barristers in England. Her father had an annual estimated income of £1 million.
- She was named Best Newcomer by The Evening Standard for her performance in “The Royal Family”.
- In 2002, she performed in two plays for two different theaters – ‘Vincent in Brixton’ by Nicholas Wright at National Theatre. Role – Eugenie and ‘Romeo and Juliet by Indhu Rubasingham at Chichester Festival Theatre. Role – Juliet.
- She received praise for her acting as 16th-century queen Catherine Howard in UK TV drama ‘Henry VIII’ in 2003.
- She received Evening Standard British Film Award for Most Promising Newcomer for her acting in her debut film ‘My Summer of Love’. She shared the award with her co-star Natalie Press.
- She was named Best Female Scene-Stealer in the end-of-summer special issue of Entertainment Weekly for her acting in ‘The Devil Wears Prada’.
- She co-presented the award for Best Costume Design with her Prada co-star Hathaway at 79th Academy Awards.
- She rejected the offer of David Auburn for his film ‘The Girl In The Park’.
- She is not on social media.
What Does Emily Blunt Do?
Is Emily Blunt Related To James Blunt?
Emily Blunt Has Admitted She’s Getting Fed-up With Telling People That She Isn’t Related To Singer James Blunt. The Devil Wears Prada Actress Laughed: “No, James Is Not My Brother. Emily, 24, Has Had A Dabble In The Music World Herself, When She Sang On One Of Her Boyfriend Michael Buble’s Tracks, Me And Mrs. Jones.
How Did Emily Blunt Meet John Krasinski?
During An Interview With Seth Meyers, Blunt Revealed How She Met Her Husband. According To Blunt, She And A Mutual Friend Were Having Dinner When Her Friend Saw Krasinski At The Same Restaurant. He Just Stood There And Made Me Laugh,” Blunt Told Meyers.
What Nationality Is Emily Blunt?
American And British
Why Did Emily Blunt Apologize To Chris Martin?
The 36-year-old Actress Sang An Apology To Martin On Monday’s Episode Of The Ellen Degeneres Show After Martin Said Blunt And Her Husband, John Krasinski, Ignored His Idea For A Quiet Place Musical. “Well, I Just It’s Sort Of A Way Of Me Begging Forgiveness,” Blunt Said Before Taking The Stage.