Dakota Fanning is an American actress who initiated her career in movies from a young age since she was 5. Though initially she emerged in television commercials and live plays, she later targeted on acting in commercial movies. Other than acting, Dakota Fanning also has taken up modeling opportunities. Starting her career as a child artist she climbed to fame in 2001 and has had the chance to work with many high profile actors. From 2007, Dakota Fanning has moved to choose more mature characters in cinema.
Dakota Fanning is a multi-talented actress. She is a well-known ballet dancer and also knows how to play the violin and piano. Her other hobbies are horse riding and knitting. Dakota Fanning is not effective on social media as she perceives it is important to remain in the moment rather than satisfying in social media and measuring encounters based on the quality of pictures taken. She has German, English, Irish, and French origin.
|Birth Name||Hannah Dakota Fanning|
|Nick Name||• Kodie|
• D. F. Blondie
• Blue Eyes
|Age||(as in 2020) 26 years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Pisces|
|Birth Place||Conyers, Georgia, USA|
|Date of Birth||23 February 1994|
|Residence||Studio City, CA, USA|
|Home Town||Conyers, Georgia|
|Hobbies||Horse riding and knitting|
|Mother's Name||Heather Joy (Tennis player)|
|Father's Name||Steven J. Fanning (Minor league baseball player and Electronics Salesman in Los Angeles)|
|Sister||Elle Fanning (Actress)|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Freddie Highmore (2009)|
• Jamie Strachan (2013-2017)
• Henry Frye (2017-present)
Marital Status, Husband and Children
Campbell High School, North Hollywood, California
|College/University||New York University|
|Profession||Actress, Model, Singer|
|Brands Endorsed||Her career started with endorsing for “Tide” commercial when she was just 5.|
|Career Manager||• Osbrink Agency|
• William Morris Endeavor
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 163cm|
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet inches- 5’4”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 50 kg|
in pounds- 110 lbs
|Breast Size||32 Inches|
|Hips Size||34 Inches|
|Waist Size||25 Inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||White|
|Hair Color||Brown blonde|
|Dress Size||6 (US) or 38 (EU)|
|Shoe Size||6 (US) or 36.5 (EU)|
|Favorite People||Cameron Diaz & Britney Spears (Fashion Idols)|
|Favorite TV Shows||I Love Lucy Ho, Fear Factor, Skins, Bad S*x & Howard Stern Show|
|Favorite Bands||Rihanna & Justin Bieber|
|Favorite Books||Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling & Twilight by Stephenie Meyer|
|Favorite Places||Mall, School & Taco Bell|
|Favorite Food||Chicken & Taco|
|Favorite Colors||Black, Blue & Pink|
|Favorite Accessories||Eyeliners & Marc Jacobs rings|
|Favorite Films||Gone with the Wild, Titanic & Steel Magnolias|
|Controversies||Creating controversy, Fanning materialized in the independent 1950s drama Hounddog (2007). She performed as a poor southern girl with a phobia with Elvis Presley who endures a s*xual assault at the hands of an older teen. Some were displeased by the rap* scene because of Fanning's young age and thought that it could have been probably damaging to the 12-year-old actress. Others excoriated her parents for allowing her to work on the project. Balking to the criticism, Fanning said that the particular attacks aimed at her family were "extremely uncalled for and hurtful," according to a reports.|
Hannah Dakota Fanning was born on the 23rd February 1994, in Conyers, Georgia, USA, to Heather Joy (Arrington) and Steven Fanning. Her mother participated in professional tennis, and her father, now an electronics salesman, participated in minor league baseball. She is of German, Irish, English, French, and Channel Islander origin. Before her introduction into the cinematic world, Dakota did her own acting around her house.
She was very active for her age, and often put a blanket under her shirt and pretended to be having a baby, using her younger sister, Elle Fanning, who is also an actress now, as the baby. Dakota went to a playhouse near her home, where the children that attended put on a play every week to show to their parents.
But the people running the playhouse noticed that Dakota stood out, and advised her parents to take her to an agency. They believed that she was extremely talented.
The Fanning family were advised to spend six weeks in Los Angeles, a long way from their home in Georgia. But there Dakota managed to get her first work; to star in a national Tide commercial. She was chosen out of many, many other children.
The family then decided to move to Los Angeles permanently, for it looked like Dakota’s career was looking very good. After they moved, Dakota signed with a professional agency, and soon won a role in the movie Tomcats (2001). She then went onto a small project called Father Xmas (2001) as Clairee.
But Dakota’s big role was yet to come. She auditioned for one of the main characters in I Am Sam (2001), and the director and the rest of the crew were surprised by her extraordinary performance. Dakota was cast, and starred in the movie as Lucy Diamond Dawson, alongside major Hollywood stars Sean Penn and Michelle Pfeiffer.
Dakota Fanning Net Worth
Dakota Fanning has a net worth of $16 million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2019 (Approx)||$16 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2018(Approx)||Under Review|
|Annual Salary||Under Review|
|Income Source||Actress, Model, Singer|
Dakota Fanning Movies & TV Shows
- Dakota had started acting classes from a very young age and when she was five she earned her first television commercial offer. Following this, she signed many advertisements.
- In 2000, she performed guest roles in television programs ‘ER’, ‘CSI’, ‘Spin City’, ‘The Ellen Show’, ‘Ally McBeal’ and ‘The Practice’. The following year she was worked in ‘I Am Sam’, the movie that brought her into the spotlight.
- In 2002, Dakota Fanning earned more prosperity and was cast by well-known director Steven Spielberg for his TV series ‘Taken’. She appeared in three movies: ‘Hansel and Gretel’, ‘Sweet Home Alabama’ and ‘Trapped’ in the same year.
- In 2003, she performed major characters in two movies ‘Uptown Girls’ and ‘The Cat in the Hat’. She also lent her voice to four animation works for Disney, Fox, and Cartoon Network.
- Dakota Fanning emerged in the highly acclaimed movie ‘Man on Fire’ in 2004 alongside Denzel Washington. She pursued her work with high profile actors.
- In 2005 when she played the character of Tom Cruise’s daughter in ‘War of the Worlds’. She also performed in ‘Hide and Seek’ with Robert De Niro and with Kurt Russell in ‘Dreamer: Inspired by a True Story.’ The same year she did the voice-over for Disney’s ‘Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch’.
- In 2006, she starred in a child-friendly movie, the film adaptation of the book ‘Charlotte’s Web’ by E. B. White.
- Beginning in 2007 she focused on more mature roles in movies. In 2007, she starred in the movie ‘Hounddog’, which had created controversy because of its content. The following year she acted in a drama movie ‘The Secret Life of Bees’.
- In 2009 Dakota Fanning tried starting her genre to action by acting in the movie ‘Push’ but the film failed to succeed in the box office. However, she got the chance to give a voice to the title character in the fantasy film ‘Coraline’. Dakota Fanning made a presence in the second part of the Twilight series – ‘New Moon’ in the same year.
- In 2010, she along with friend Kristen Stewart acted in ‘The Runaways’, a movie based on the autobiography of singer Cherie Currie. She also acted in ‘The Twilight Saga: Eclipse’ in the same year.
- During the onset of 2011, she acted in the next part of the Twilight series – ‘Breaking Dawn’. Other movies that she acted in the year were ‘Now Is Good’, ‘The Motel Life’, and ‘Effie’. She also lent her voice to the documentary film ‘Rise’ made by U.S Figure Skating Association.
- In 2012, Dakota Fanning played the role of an eco-terrorist in ‘Night Moves’. The following year she acted in a biopic ‘The Last of Robin Hood’. She also was signed to essay the role of Viena in ‘Viena and the Fantomes’ which is expected to release in 2015.
- In 2014, she recorded her voice for the movie’ Yellowbird’.
I Am Sam
Sweet Home Alabama
Hansel and Gretel
The Cat in the Hat
Kim Possible: A Sitch in Time
|2004||Man on Fire|
My Neighbor Totoro
In the Realms of the Unreal
|2005||Hide and Seek|
Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch
War of the Worlds
|2006 ||Charlotte's Web|
|2008||The Secret Life of Bees|
Fragments – Winged Creatures
The Twilight Saga: New Moon
The Twilight Saga: Eclipse
|2012||The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2|
The Motel Life
Now Is Good
The Last of Robin Hood
Very Good Girls
Every Secret Thing
Please Stand By
|2018 ||Ocean's 8|
|2019||Once Upon a Time in Hollywood|
Sweetness in the Belly
|2020||Viena and the Fantomes|
TV Shows & Serials List
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
|2001||Malcolm in the Middle|
The Fighting Fitzgeralds
The Ellen Show
|2004||Justice League Unlimited|
- Dakota Fanning received a nomination for her role in her breakthrough performance in the film “I am Sam” at Screen Actors Guild Awards, in 2002.
- She was just 8 years old when she got a nomination in Screen Actors Guild Awards, youngest in history.
- She tutored to read when she was just 2 years old.
- She won the youngest Actress award for her portrayal in “I am Sam” at Broadcast Film Critics Association Awards.
- She was named Dakota by father and Hannah by mother. Finally, she got the name “Hannah Dakota Fanning”.
- She is one of the 14 grandchildren.
- She wishes to collect dolls when she was young.
- She was schooled at home and on sets by her tutor but later on, she went to the High School in the freshman year.
- She traveled England for the 1st time on June 19, 2005, with Tom Cruise, for the premiere of “War of the Worlds”
- She likes to knit and knitted scarfs for Tom Cruise, Robert De Niro, and many more.
Is Dakota Fanning Married?
Dakota Fanning Has Said She Can’t-wait To Get Married And Become A Mother. The 23-year-old Star Of ‘the Alienist’ Opened Up To Vogue Australia About Her Relationship With New Boyfriend Henry Fry. Dakota Told The Magazine That She’s “Happily Not Single”, But Not Dating “A Public Person”.
Is Dakota Fanning Still Making Movies?
She Views Her Acting Career Separately From Her Private Existence. This Means That Dakota’s Downtime Has Gone Under The Radar. But, She’s Not Done In The Film Industry Yet.
What Was Dakota Fanning's First Movie?
“Tomcats” (2001) Was One Of Fanning’s Earliest Film Credits. Fanning Is Credited As “Little Girl In Park” In The Film.
How Old Was Dakota Fanning In Twilight?
Compared To Most Of Her Twilight: New Moon Co-stars, 15-year-old Dakota Fanning Who Plays The Powerful Volturi Jane Is Already An Old Hand At Movie-making. But Behind The Star Of Hits Like War Of The Worlds (2005) And I Am Sam (2001) Is A Surprisingly Normal Student At An L.A. High School.
Are Dakota And Elle Fanning Twins?
Fanning Is The Younger Sister Of Dakota Fanning, Who Is Also An Actress. She Has Been Quoted As Saying, “We’re Just Normal Sisters.
Who Is Older Dakota Or Elle?
Dakota Is The Elder Sister Of Elle Fanning, Also An Actress; Both Were Brought Up Southern Baptist.
Does Dakota Fanning Speak Spanish?
As A Young Actress, Dakota Fanning Had A Spanish-speaking Role In The 2004 Film “Man On Fire.” Although He Didn’t Speak Spanish Before Signing On, Actor And Comedian Will Ferrell Starred In The 2012 Spanish-language Film “Casa De Mi Padre.”