Ederson Santana de Moraes, known as Ederson, is a Brazilian professional football goalkeeper with Premier League club Manchester City and the Brazil national team. In 2008, Ederson joined Sao Paulo before joining Benfica one year later, where he spent two seasons. From Ribeiro to Rio Ave in 2012, he became a regular starter in the Primeira Liga. In 2015, he returned to Benfica and was assigned to the reserves before joining the first team, with whom he won four major titles.
Ederson joined Manchester City for £35 million in the 2017-18 season. In terms of the nominal value of the pound sterling at the time of his transfer, he became the most expensive goalkeeper of all time. In his first season in England, he won the Premier League and the EFL Cup. The following year, he won a domestic treble. Ederson made his senior debut for Brazil in 2017 after previously playing for the under-23 team. In 2019, he won the Copa América and was a member of Brazil’s squad for the 2018 World Cup and the 2019 and 2021 Copa América.
Ederson Moraes Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||Ederson Santana de Moraes|
|Nick Name||• Ederson|
• The Bull
|Age||30 (as in 2023) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Leo|
|Birth Place||Osasco, Sao Paulo, Brazil|
|Date of Birth||17 August 1993|
|Residence||Osasco, Sao Paulo, Brazil|
|Home Town||Osasco, Sao Paulo, Brazil|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Horse Riding|
|Father’s Name||Antonis Moraes (He stacked fruit onto lorries in Osasco.)|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Lais Moraes (2014-Present)|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Marriage Date||April 2014|
|Marriage Place||Not Available|
|Children||Daughters- • Yasmin Moraes|
• 1 More-Name Not Available
|School||Ederson started his soccer journey with the youth setup of his local club, São Paulo FC.|
|Educational Qualification||Not Available|
|Brands Endorsed||Ederson has inked an endorsement deal with Nike. He is required to wear Nike footwear and gloves for his professional matches.|
|Career Manager||Ederson is represented by Jorge Mendes’s agency, GestiFute.|
|Debut Club||1 January 2017: Manchester City F.C.|
|Debut International||2016: Brazil national football team|
|Jersey Number||• 31 (Manchester City F.C.)|
• 23 (Brazil national football team)
|Current Team(s)||• Manchester City F.C.|
• Brazil national football team
• Physical Presence
• Technical Ability
• Ability to play sweeper-keeper
• Reading of the game
|Weaknesses||He doesn’t have any apparent weaknesses in his game.|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 188 cm|
in meters- 1.88 m
in feet inches- 6’2”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 89 kg|
in pounds- 196 lbs
|Chest Size||42 inches|
|Biceps Size||13 inches|
|Waist Size||34 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Latino, Brazilian|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Distinctive Features||He has got numerous tattoos including an ink art of a flower on the side of the neck.|
|Dress Size||Not Available|
|Shoe Size||12 US|
|Favorite Playing Position||Goalkeeper|
|Favorite Footballer||Rogério Ceni|
|Favorite Video Games||FIFA 2017|
|Favorite TV Series||Narcos|
This Brazilian footballer was born into a poor family on 17 August 1993 in Osasco, Sao Paulo, Brazil. His father is Antonis Moraes, and his mother is Joelma. His parents, who were not rich, but struggled to ensure that their son pursues his dream, raised him in a very humble environment in Sao Paulo.
Although it cannot be ruled out that he had an education, it is important that his parents didn’t interfere with his decision to play football. In Brazil, football is like a tradition, and he honored it with his talents.
Matthias Ginter Biography, Age, Wife, Barcelona, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Similarly, charity begins at home for the goalkeeper, who began playing for a local club in Portugal. Talent always announces itself, and so does the goalkeeper’s talent announce him around the world. He played for teams like Benfica, Ribeirao, and Rio Ave.
Pep Guardiola, the coach of Man City who was attempting to build an unstoppable EPL team, was impressed by his display and goalkeeping skills. In the end, Manchester City paid £35 million to sign the shot-stopper, making him the world’s most expensive goalkeeper at the time.
In 2016, Ederson acquired Portuguese citizenship. He has numerous tattoos on his body, including a rose and a skull on his neck, angel wings on his back, and two Portuguese League trophies on his leg, which he won for Benfica in 2016 and 2017. In addition, he holds the Guinness World Record for Longest Football Drop Kick, which he achieved at the Etihad Campus on 10 May by kicking the ball 75.35 meters across the ground.
Ederson Moraes Net Worth & Salary
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||12 million euros (10.4 million pounds)|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||10 million euros (8.8 million pounds)|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||1-5 million euros|
|Annual Salary||3.7 Million euros (3.3 Million pounds)|
|Market Value||85 million euros (75 million pounds)|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||• Ferrari|
• Lamborghini Aventador
• Audi Q7
• Mercedes Benz
The goalkeeper signed a contract with Manchester City that paid him 3.7 million euros (3.3 million pounds) per year in 2017. According to our calculations, he earns €10,109 (£8,989) per day and €421 (£375) per hour!
For an average man to earn what The Frogman earns in one month, he would have to work for at least 9 years. Brazilians in Europe are relatively new to the sporting scene. When he joined Manchester City he began making serious money. Currently, he earns 3.7 Million euros (3.3 Million pounds) per year at the English team.
His total net worth is estimated to be around 12 million euros (10.4 million pounds). His market value is astronomical. In today’s footballing world, he is one of the best young goalkeepers. Clubs who wanted to sign this Brazilian star would have to dig deep into their pockets. Currently, his market value is estimated at 85 million euros (75 million pounds).
Benfica announced on 1 June 2017 that Ederson had joined the Premier League club Manchester City for £35 million (€40 million). The five-year contract he signed at the time significantly increased Ederson de Moraes Net Worth with its fees and other provisions.
Ederson’s move also broke many records at the time, as the transfer made him the second most expensive goalkeeper of all-time – currently fourth highest after Gianluigi Buffon (£33 million), whose transfer fee, although the second-highest ever in pounds sterling, still remained the highest of all time in euros (€52 million in 2001) until Alisson’s (€75 million in 2018) and now Kepa Arrizabalaga’s (€80 million in 2018).
The fee paid for Ederson equals that paid for Axel Witsel as the most a club has ever paid for a Benfica player.
Serge Gnabry Biography, Age, Height, Father, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
- In June 2015, Ederson rejoined Portuguese champions Benfica. Then, in July, he signed a five-year contract worth €500,000 with the club and set a €45 million release clause. Rio Ave will retain 50% of the economic rights to the upcoming keeper.
- Ederson was the second choice in line for the first team, defending compatriot and international Julio César.
- He played in the Segunda Liga with the reserve team and the Taça da Liga with the main squad before making his premier league debut on 5 March 2016 against local rivals Sporting CP, replacing the injured Julio César.
- Benfica won the Lisbon derby 0–1 and took first place in the Primeira Liga. Then he would be part of eleven more victories that would secure Benfica their 35th league title, their third in a row. My next game was the Taça da Liga final against Maritimo, which Benfica won 6–2.
- Moreover, he played three matches in the Champions League campaign, in which Benfica reached the quarterfinals. During his next season, he and Benfica won the treble of the Primera Liga, Taça de Portugal and Supertaça Cândido de Oliveira.
- The Premier League club Manchester City announced Ederson’s signing on 1 June 2017 for £35 million (€40 million).
- At the time, the transfer made him the second most expensive goalkeeper of all-time – currently fourth highest – after Gianluigi Buffon (£33 million), whose transfer fee, although the second-highest ever in pounds sterling, still remained the highest of all time in euros (€52 million in 2001) until Alisson’s (€75 million in 2018) and now Kepa Arrizabalaga’s (€80 million in 2018).
- Erickson’s transfer equaled Axel Witsel’s as the highest fee a club has paid for a Benfica player.
- Pep Guardiola replaced Claudio Bravo as Ederson’s first-choice goalkeeper immediately. On 12 August 2017, he kept a clean sheet in a 0–2 away win at Brighton & Hove Albion, which marked his competitive debut for the club.
- On 9 September, against Liverpool, Ederson was kicked in the face by Sadio Mane and had to leave after just eight minutes of treatment. As a result, Ederson received eight stitches, and Mané was sent off by referee Jon Moss and banned for three matches.
- The following week, he started in the Champions League against Feyenoord, sporting protective headgear. Liverpool player Mané apologized to Ederson after the collision, believing that it was an accident.
- Ederson became Manchester City’s first goalkeeper to provide a Premier League assist on 19 August 2018, when Sergio Agüero converted his corner kick for the opening goal of the 6–1 victory over Huddersfield Town.
- Ederson won the Golden Glove on 26 July 2020 after beating Norwich City 5–0 at home to keep the cleanest sheets (16) in the 2019–20 Premier League season.
- He was included in Brazil’s provisional team for the Copa América Centenario, but was cut from the final squad due to injury.
- The first match he played for the national team was a 3–0 win over Chile in a 2018 World Cup qualifier in October 2017.
- He was named to Tite’s final 23-man squad for the World Cup in Russia in May 2018.
- Ederson was named to Brazil’s 23-man squad for the 2019 Copa América.
- He made his major tournament debut in June 2021 for Brazil, starting and keeping a clean sheet in a 4–0 victory over Peru at the Copa América.
Facts About Ederson Moraes
- He started his soccer career as a left-back for the local Brazilian soccer club, Champions Ebenézer FC. He followed in the footsteps of his older brother into the club.
- So Paulo recommended him to the youth set up by Gilberto Lopes, a.k.a. Giba, who was his coach at Champions Ebenézer FC. Eventually, he joined the under-13 side in So Paulo.
- Despite impressing his coaches at São Paulo, they chose not to keep him and he returned to his former club to train.
- Nonetheless, he got his big break when Jorge Mendes’s associate asked Antonio Rodrigues, Ederson’s former coach, to recommend a promising goalkeeper. Upon naming Ederson, Rodrigues didn’t hesitate and he moved to Portugal.
- He moved to Benfica from Rio Ave in June 2015. Rio Ave was allowed to keep 50% of his economic rights despite the transfer.
- In July 2015, he signed an official contract with the Portuguese club. According to the contract, his release clause is €45 million.
- He won two titles in the Primeira Liga during his stay at Benfica. I have also won the Taça da Liga and the Taça de Portugal.
- Manchester City decided to pay £35 million (€40 million) in June 2017 to replace error-prone Claudio Bravo in goal.
- A match against Liverpool in September 2017 resulted in him suffering a facial injury. A kick from Sadio Mane caused him to suffer the injury. Despite receiving treatment for eight minutes, he was forced to withdraw from the match.
- The referee sent Mane off for a straight red and subsequently banned him for three matches. Eddie received eight stitches to his face.
- The serious nature of the injury didn’t prevent him from playing again the following week for a Champions League match against Feyenoord. Having chosen to wear protective headgear, he had been able to protect his face.
- In August 2018, he became the first Manchester City goalkeeper to record an assist in the Premier League. His long ball was pounced on by Sergio Agüero to score the first goal in the 6-1 win over Huddersfield Town.
- He was included in Brazil’s provisional squad for the Copa América Centenario in 2016. A subsequent injury prevented him from joining the squad.
In 2017 the goalkeeper signed a contract with Manchester City that nets him a whopping salary of 3.7 Million Euro (3.3 Million Pound) per year.
Alongside his impressive goalkeeping record is his huge tattoo collection, the Brazilian being inked from the neck right down to his shin. And they have various meanings, from his religious Christian background, his footballing exploits, and his family back in Brazil.
Manchester City F.C.
Brazil national football team
Man City’s Ederson has won three Premier League honors under Pep Guardiola. Notably, he has won two Premier League Golden Glove awards in 2019-20 and 2020-21 respectively. Meanwhile, Alisson won the Premier League title with Liverpool in 2019-20.
He was a budding left-back when he turned up to play on the orange dirt pitch of Champions Ebenezer, a club founded by ex-professionals Gilberto Lopes, known as Giba, and Ozias Matos, to keep boys off the streets and out of trouble in the municipality of Osasco, in Sao Paulo.