Ed Sheeran is a popular English singer and songwriter, who has conquered the hearts of people all over the globe with his melodic sound. He is an unusual rapper and actor as well. His popularity increased especially after the release of his first album ‘+’ and after a guest appearance was made by him on Taylor Swift’s fourth studio album ‘Red.’ He began recording music in 2004. His first work ‘Spinning Man’ was delivered independently. After going to London from Suffolk in 2008, he used to perform in small venues and also delivered the EP ‘You Need me’ in 2009. While in London, he also auditioned for a British musical drama television series ‘Britannia High.’ His introduction album ‘+’ was released in September 2011.
Having sold 791,000 copies in the UK by the end of the year, it was as the ninth bestselling album there. It was also reviewed undoubtedly by critics. The following year he won the 2012 Brits awards for Best British Male Solo Artist and British Breakthrough Act of the Year. His songs gradually began gaining more fame and were widely recognized by the public. Sheeran’s song, ‘Give Me Love’, got featured in the episode ‘Dangerous Liaisons’ of the well-known American TV series ‘The Vampire Diaries.’ It was also highlighted in an episode of the sitcom ‘Cougar Town.’
Ed Sheeran Wiki/Bio[table id=1999 /]
Ed Sheeran was born in Halifax, West Yorkshire. His initial childhood home was on Birchcliffe Road in nearby Hebden Bridge. His father was a librarian at Cartwright Hall in Bradford and his mother served at Manchester City Art Gallery.
In December 1995 he went with his family from Hebden Bridge to Framlingham in Suffolk. He has an older brother called Matthew, who serves as a composer. Sheeran’s parents, John and Imogen, are from London. His paternal grandparents are Irish, and Sheeran has said that his father is from a “very large” Catholic family.
John is an art curator and lecturer, and Imogen is a culture publicist trained jewelry designer. His parents managed Sheeran Lock, an independent art consultancy, from 1990 to 2010.
Sheeran sang at a neighborhood church choir at the age of four, got how to work the guitar at age eleven, and started writing songs while at Thomas Mills High School in Framlingham. A 2004 school report described him as a “natural performer”, and his classmates also declared him “most likely to be famous”.
He was believed at the National Youth Theatre in London as a teenager. He famously auditioned for Youth Music Theatre UK in 2007 and registered their production of Frankenstein in Plymouth. He is a patron of Youth Music Theatre UK (now renamed British Youth Music Theatre) and of Access to Music, where he studied Artist Development.
Sheeran is a second cousin of Northern Irish broadcaster Gordon Burns, who hosted the British game show The Krypton Factor.
In early 2011, after obtaining recording and publishing deals, Sheeran purchased and restored a farm near Framlingham, Suffolk, where he was grown. He has said that he hopes to build a family there. During 2013, he resided between Hendersonville, Tennessee, and Los Angeles, California. In 2014, he got a house in South London.
Sheeran was in a connection with Scottish singer-songwriter Nina Nesbitt (who was in his music video for “Drunk”) in 2012, before breaking up. Nesbitt is the subject of Sheeran’s songs “Nina” and “Photograph”, while most of Nesbitt’s album, Peroxide, is about Sheeran.
In January 2014, Sheeran was in a relationship with Athina Andrelos, who operates for chef Jamie Oliver. She is the thought of Sheeran’s song “Thinking Out Loud”. They split up in February 2015. He is also close friends with singer-songwriter Taylor Swift and colluded on her albums Red and Reputation.
Since July 2015 Sheeran has been in a relationship with childhood friend and former secondary school classmate Cherry Seaborn. They declared their engagement in January 2018 and were married in January a year later. She is the notion of the song “Perfect”.
It was reported on 12 August 2020 that the couple was awaiting their first child. On 1 September, Sheeran announced on Instagram that Seaborn had given birth to a baby girl named Lyra Antarctica Seaborn Sheeran the previous week.
Sheeran is a fan of his local football club Ipswich Town F.C. A collector of Panini’s FIFA World Cup sticker album, he completed the 2014 World Cup album. Performing as a guest on BBC Radio 4’s Desert Island Discs on 7 May 2017, Sheeran chose His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman as his book of choice, and a lifetime amount of ketchup as the one inanimate luxury item that he would take with him on a desert island.
Ed Sheeran Net Worth
Ed Sheeran has a net worth of $220 million.[table id=2000 /]
He is one of the wealthiest and most successful singers in the world today. In a given year in when he is touring, Ed can easily earn $70 – $100 million. For example, he earned $65 million between June 2019 and June 2020 from his various endeavors.
The majority of Ed’s income is obtained through touring. His “Divide” tour grossed $780 million between March 2017 and August 2019. That was sufficient to become the highest-grossing concert tour of all time, topping U2’s “360 Degrees” tour that took position between 2009 and 2011.
Sheeran raised $40,000 at a gig in Bristol for a charity that helps street s*x workers. He can often be found distributing bags of clothing to charity shops in Suffolk, his home county. Ed is an ambassador for East Anglia’s Children’s Hospice.
Between June 2014 and June 2015, Ed Sheeran earned just under $60 million. Between June 2016 and June 2017 he earned $70 million. Between June 2017 and June 2018 he made a mind-blowing $110 million. Between June 2018 and June 2019, he earned another $110 million.
Ed Sheeran Movies, Songs And Albums – Career
- Ed Sheeran released two albums: one named after himself in 2006, and another one named ‘Want Some?’ in 2007.
- In 2008, he moved to London. He usually performed at small venues, and later he also entered into a collaboration with Leddra Chapman, an English songwriter, and musician. He also spent some time at the reputed Academy of Contemporary Music, in Guildford, Surrey, England.
- He went to Los Angeles in April 2010 for a poetry night. After his show, Jamie Foxx, the famous American actor, and comedian, who was quite fascinated by him, allowed him to use his recording studio. Slowly Sheeran’s fan-base started growing both online and offline.
- Later he self-released two Extended Plays: ‘Ed Sheeran: Live at the Bedford’ and ‘Songs I Wrote With Amy.’
He released another Extended Play ‘No. 5 Collaborations Project’ in January 2011. It also starred rappers such as James Davlin and Richard Cowie. It received mixed reviews from critics but was popular with the listeners.
- In April 2011, he made an appearance in the TV music show ‘Later with Jools Holland’ to perform his debut single, ‘The A-Team’ which was delivered later as a digital download. It became a huge hit, selling over 58,000 copies in the first week itself. It also became one of the top ten songs in several countries such as Australia, Japan, Norway, and New Zealand.
- His second single ‘You need me, I don’t need You’, which delivered in August 2011, also became quite popular. His third single ‘Lego Single’ did well too, reaching the top five in Australia, Ireland, New Zealand, and the UK. It also listed the top 50 in several other countries.
- It was after the release of his album ‘+’ (plus) on September 12, 2011, that he began to international fame. It stood at number one in several countries. Within six months, it sold 1,021,072 copies in the UK alone. It also reached the top five in several countries. His amazing performance impressed Taylor Swift, and she later worked with him on a single ‘Everything Has Changed.’
- He published his second album ‘x’ (multiply) on 23 June 2014. It featured tracks produced by the well-known American record producer Rick Rubin and professional rapper Benny Blanco. It topped at number one not only in the UK Albums Chart but in the US Billboard 200 as well.
- In December 2016, he stated that he was returning with his third album ‘÷’ (divide), which would be released on 3 March 2017.
Facts About Ed Sheeran
- He has a farm in Framlingham, Suffolk, England.
- Ed has a travel guitar LX1E trademark guitar.
- Are you Sheerios? Yes, Ed Sheeran fans are named as Sheerios.
- He has done a gig in the past in Bristol (in South West England) to increase money for street s*x workers. In this complete event, he was able to collect £40,000.
- He started singing at the local church choir at the age of 4. He also learned to play guitar himself.
- His brother Matthew is a postgraduate music student.
- He was not alone during school. He had a school time girlfriend (of 4 years) with him in 2012 during his + tour.
- Redhead Sheeran has a big crush on another redhead Emma Stone.
Ed Sheeran possesses a great talent for creativity and self-expression, typical of many accomplished writers, poets, actors, and musicians. He is also witty, owns the gift for gab, and savors the limelight. Sheeran is optimistic and masters the resilience to overcome many setbacks.
Ed Sheeran Reveals Love Yourself Was Originally Written For His New Album Divide.
Chatting to Clara ahead of his Christmas Live Lounge (watch it here), Ed dished on the inner workings of the collab that we never saw coming. It’s Sheeran verified: Ed and Eminem are pals.
Stack It Up is a song by British singer Liam Payne featuring American rapper A Boogie wit da Hoodie, released on 18 September 2019. It was co-written by Ed Sheeran and produced by Steve Mac.
Ed Sheeran announced to his audience Tuesday at Chantry Park in Ipswich, England, that he would be taking a break from music after two years of touring. This is my last gig for probably 18 months, said the A-Team singer, who will be dealing with legal battles over his music in the coming months.