José Diogo Dalot Teixeira, who plays right back for Premier League club Manchester United and the Portugal national team, was born on March 18, 1999, and his Portuguese name is [diou dlo]. Dalot, a graduate of the Porto development program, made his professional debut in January 2017 with the club’s B squad. In an October 2017 Taça de Portugal match, he made his first-team debut.
He joined Manchester United in June 2018 for a rumored sum of €3 million (£3.2 million) after making eight appearances for Porto. Dalot spent the months of October 2020 and June 2021 on loan with Italian Serie A team AC Milan. Dalot, a young international from Portugal, competed at the under-15 through under-21 levels. He participated in the 2016 UEFA European Under-17 Championship-winning under-17 team. At UEFA Euro 2020, he made his senior international debut for Portugal.
Diogo Dalot Bio/Wiki
[table id=4979 /]
- Dalot, a Braga native, enrolled in Porto’s youth program at the age of nine in 2008.
- He made his senior debut with the B squad on January 28, 2017, playing the full 90 minutes in a 2-1 LigaPro championship loss at home to Leixes.
- On October 13, 2017, Dalot made his debut appearance with the first team in a competitive match, starting a 6-0 road victory over Lusitano de Évora for the season’s Taça de Portugal.
- On February 18, 2018, he made his Premier League debut, coming on as a 75th-minute replacement in a 5-0 home victory over Rio Ave.
First seasons in Manchester
- On June 6, 2018, Dalot agreed to a five-year deal with Premier League team Manchester United for a sum of £19 million.
- When he first arrived at Manchester, manager José Mourinho remarked that despite his youth, he was one of the top right-backs in the world.
- He made his UEFA Champions League debut on September 19, 2018, in an away encounter against Swiss team Young Boys, but was unable to maintain consistency in the lineup owing to an injury incurred the season before.
- On December 1st, he played in a 2-2 away tie against Southampton to make his Premier League debut.
- Dalot was still a viable possibility at the end of the season even after Mourinho was fired and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was named as the new manager.
- He played in a famous encounter against Paris Saint-Germain in the second leg of the Champions League quarterfinals that year in Paris when Manchester United accomplished an incredible comeback thanks to a late penalty that was earned following a strike by Dalot.
- His first goal for United came in a 6-0 FA Cup victory over Tranmere Rovers when he scored the second goal.
- Dalot experienced several injuries throughout his first two seasons with the team, and once Aaron Wan-Bissaka joined the team, his performance under manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was significantly hindered.
Loan to AC Milan
- Dalot was loaned to Italian Serie A team AC Milan for the 2020–21 season after only seeing little action for Manchester United.
- On October 22, he made his Milan debut, starting in a 3-1 triumph against Celtic in a UEFA Europa League group stage game.
- Seven days later, Dalot scored his first goal for Milan and gave fellow countryman Rafael Leo an assist in a 3-0 win over Sparta Prague at home in the UEFA Europa League group stage.
- On November 1, he made his Serie A debut, taking Davide Calabria’s place in the 71st minute of a 2-1 away victory over Udinese.
- In a 2-2 away tie against Genoa, he made his league debut.
- Dalot scores his first Serie A goal in a 2-0 away win at Hellas Verona on March 7, 2021.
- Due to his flexibility, Dalot was able to play both lefts and right back during the season.
- As a result, he became a crucial member of Stefano Pioli’s squad, helping Milan win the Serie A in 2020–21 and return to the UEFA Champions League in 2021–22.
- He was able to play frequently while a Rossonero, making 33 appearances, scoring two goals, and dishing out three assists.
- As Dalot frequently remarked, in Italy he was able to strengthen his defense without sacrificing his offensive prowess.
Return to Manchester United
- Manchester United has an interest in acquiring a second right-back in the summer of 2021.
- In the meanwhile, Milan started talks with Manchester United to purchase Dalot permanently after being pleased with him during his loan stint with the club.
- Upon his return to Manchester United, he made a strong impression on head coach Ole Gunnar Solskjaer with his preseason efforts.
- Borussia Dortmund was also interested in loaning him out, but he chose to stay at United in order to contend with Aaron Wan-Bissaka for a starting spot.
- In the third round of the EFL Cup on September 22, Dalot made his first appearance of the year, playing in a 1-0 home loss to West Ham United.
- He has had a few opportunities since then, making three replacement appearances and two starts.
- After Wan-Bissaka was given a two-game suspension, he participated in a Champions League group-stage encounter against Villarreal.
- In his first league start on December 2 under interim manager Michael Carrick, Dalot put in a strong performance and set up the second goal in a 3-2 victory over United’s archrival Arsenal at Old Trafford.
- Following the hiring of interim manager Ralf Rangnick, Dalot solidified his position as the team’s starting midfielder thanks to his strong showings in the team’s subsequent two games against Crystal Palace and Norwich City.
- Dalot scored twice in five games in Azerbaijan, including once in the championship match against Spain, to help Portugal win the 2016 UEFA European Under-17 Championship.
- He supported the under-19 squad in the same year as they advanced to the competition’s quarterfinals.
- Dalot competed with the under-19s at the 2017 UEFA European Under-19 Championship, helping France finish as runners-up after falling to England in the championship match.
- He was included in the “Team of the Tournament” for his efforts during the contest.
- At the 2017 FIFA U-20 World Cup, Dalot represented Portugal, starting each game en route to a quarterfinal exit.
- He received his first cap for the Portugal under-21 team on November 10, 2017, as he started in a 1-1 draw away to Romania in the 2019 UEFA European Championship qualifying matches.
- Dalot began competing in the 2021 European Under-21 Championship in March of that year.
- Portugal lost to Germany 1-0 in the championship match on June 6, 2021, and came in second place.
- Joo Cancelo resigned from Portugal’s squad for UEFA Euro 2020 on June 13, 2021, after testing positive for COVID-19.
- Dalot was added to the team as Cancelo’s substitute.
- Ten days later, he made his debut in the last group match, a 2-2 tie with France in Budapest, when he came in for the final 11 minutes in place of Nélson Semedo.
- In a round 16 loss to Belgium on June 27, Dalot got his first start for the senior national team.
- He was called up by Portugal in October 2021, and on October 9 he produced two assists, the first of which Cristiano Ronaldo scored in a 3-0 victory over Qatar at home.
Diogo Dalot Awards
- Primeira Liga: 2017–18
- UEFA European Under-17 Championship: 2016
- UEFA European Under-17 Championship Team of the Tournament: 2016
- UEFA European Under-19 Championship Team of the Tournament: 2017
Diogo Dalot Net Worth
The range of Diogo Dalot’s net worth or income is thought to be between €5 Million. However, his major occupation as a soccer player has brought him a significant amount of wealth.
[table id=4980 /]
Diogo Dalot FIFA 22 Stats
In FIFA 22, Diogo Dalot has an overall rating of 78 and his potential is also 84.
[table id=4982 /]
He is currently 24 years old (as of 2023).
He is 184 cm tall.
He plays as a defender.
After his transfer to Manchester United, his net worth is €5 Million (as of 2023).