Diljit Dosanjh was born on January 6, 1984 in Dosanjh Kalan, Jalandhar, Punjab (age 39 as of 2023). He comes from a poor Punjabi household. His father was a bus driver for Punjab Roadways, earning roughly Rs. 5,000 per month. He attended Shri Guru Harkrishan Public School in Ludhiana for elementary school. He also finished his 10th grade at Al Manar Public School in Ludhiana. Diljit was drawn to music at an early age and began performing in gurudwaras to satisfy his singing ambitions.
Diljit Singh Dosanjh is a singer, songwriter, and actor from India. He rose to prominence with the songs “Nachh Diyan Alran Kuwariyan” and “Paggan Pochviyan ale.” He is a prominent figure in the Punjabi film and music industries. When Master Saleem arrived late for one of his events, he delivered his first stage act to engage the crowd.
Diljit Dosanjh Bio/Wiki
Diljit Dosanjh is from the Sikh Jatt family. Balbir Singh Dosanjh, his father, works as a bus driver for Punjab Roadways, and Sukhwinder Kaur, his mother, is a housewife. Manjeet Singh is Diljit’s brother. He has one sister as well. Sandeep Kaur is Diljit’s wife. The couple has a child.
Diljit made his singing debut with the album “Ishq Da Uda Ada” in 2002. He then released his album “Dil.” He made his acting debut in the film “The Lion of Punjab” in February 2011.
In 2009, Diljit released his first song, “Nachdi De,” which featured Miss Pooja. Following that, he had other mega-successful singles such as “Patiala Peg,” “Jatt Fire Karda,” “5 Taara,” “Raat Di Gedi,” and “Jind Mahi,” and in 2013, he had his vocal breakthrough with the song “Proper Patola” with Badshah.
Later in his career, he acted in films like “Jatt and Juliet,” “Jatt & Juliet 2,” “Punjab 1984,” “Sardaarji,” “Ambarsariya,” and “Super Singh.” All of the films were commercially successful.
With the film “Udta Punjab,” Dosanjh made his Bollywood acting debut. Diljit has also provided his voice for other Bollywood cinema tunes, including “Pee Pa Pee Pa Ho Gaya” from Tere Naal Love Ho Gaya, “Tung Tung Baje” from Singh is Bling, “Ikk Kuddi” from Udta Punjab, and “Move Your Lakk” from Noor.
In 2018, he appeared in the film “Soorma,” playing the legendary International hockey player “Sandeep Singh.” Diljit also presented the television show “Awaaz Punjab Di.” For Punjab, he has sponsored several products, including Coca-Cola and Flipkart Connect. He is a humanitarian in addition to performing and singing. On his 30th birthday (2013), he established the “Saanjh Foundation,” which strives to assist poor children and older persons.
Diljit Dosanjh Movies
Diljit experienced backlash for his songs when several Punjabi ladies protested songs by Diljit Dosanjh, Yo Yo Honey Singh, and Jazzy B. They thought the songs were obscene and anti-cultural. Diljit’s home in Ludhiana was raided by an Income Tax Department team in December 2012.
During the farmers’ protest in Delhi in December 2020 against the central government’s newly passed farmer’s bills, he had a Twitter war with Kangana Ranaut after Kangana shared a post on her Twitter account in which she mistakenly identified an old woman from Punjab as Bilkis Bano (the face of anti-CAA protests in Shaheen Bagh in Delhi); however, the woman later turned out to be a Sikh woman, Mahinder Kaur. Kangana questioned the woman’s intentions in her post, which she eventually deleted while siding with the farmers.
Following this, Kangana referred to Diljit as a “pet” of filmmaker Karan Johar, fueling the two’s Twitter dispute. Later, Richa Chadda, Swara Bhaskar, and a slew of Punjabi celebrities, including Mika Singh, Ammy Virk, and others, slammed Kanagana’s remarks.
Social Media Accounts
Diljit Dosanjh Net Worth
Diljit’s estimated net worth is Rs. 170 crores. He is paid around Rs. 4 crores for every film.
- Diljit enjoys dancing in his spare time.
- He has a home in Ludhiana’s Dugri Phase II.
- He was given the name “Daljit” at first but changed it to “Diljit” on the advice of his record producer, Rajinder Singh.
- Dosanjh has a wonderful sense of humour and a cheerful attitude.
- Diljit was said to have acquired a Cessna 340A jet plane in 2017. The actor, however, emphasised that the plane was just requested to drop him off somewhere in Rajasthan for a film shoot. He stated that he did not have a private jet.
- Diljit does not speak English well and prefers to communicate in Punjabi. He stated that he needed assistance when interacting with someone who speaks English.
- Diljit stated in an interview that he dislikes songs with frank lyrics.
- Diljit is a huge fan of American reality TV star Kylie Jenner.
- He first declined to appear in Soorma because he did not want to portray a sports character, but Sandeep Singh’s inspiring narrative persuaded him to do so. Later, under the tutelage of Sandeep Singh, he also learned to play hockey.
- Diljit regards Johnny Depp’s portrayal of “Captain Jack Sparrow” in “Pirates of the Caribbean” as his ideal role.
The singer, who is a huge Kylie Jenner admirer, is married. However, in his interviews, the actor seldom truly discusses his personal life. He wishes to keep them hidden from the scrutiny of the media and the general public. Diljit is married to Sandeep Kaur, who resides in the United States with their son.
Diljit Dosanjh was born in India. He has previously given documentation of his nationality, including an Income Tax Department certificate.
Diljit Dosanjh has made history by becoming the first Indian artist to possess a private jet.
Diljit charged 40 lahks for a performance.
He has a luxury automobile collection that includes a Mitsubishi Pajero, a Mercedes-Benz G63, a BMW 520D, and a Porsche Cayenne.