As a professional footballer, Dennis Praet represents the Belgian national team and plays as a central midfielder for Serie A club Torino, on loan from Premier League club Leicester City and the Belgium national team. Praet joined the Genk youth academy at the age of eight in 2003 when he was just eight years old. During his youth career, he spent the majority of his time at Genk, where he quickly made an impression and played for the club’s youth teams until 2010.
Praet moved from Genk to Anderlecht in May of 2010 despite more lucrative offers from other clubs. His career at Anderlecht began with the under-19 team, where he continued to impress. According to reports, Praet signed a five-year contract with Premier League club Leicester City on 8 August for a reported fee of €20 million. On 6 November 2014, Praet received his first call-up to the senior Belgium squad for the friendly match against Iceland at home on 12 November and the Euro 2016 qualifying match against Wales on 16 November.
Dennis Praet Bio/Wiki[table id=3310 /]
We are going to tell you what the biography of Dennis Praet tells you about his Childhood Story, Early Life, Parents, Family Members, Relationships, Net Worth, and Lifestyle. Essentially, this Bio is aimed at bringing you to know everything about the Belgian professional footballer, starting from his formative years right to the point when he became very popular. Let us take a look at his past life and rise to fame.
Yes, I am aware that he, along with players like Your, Tielemans, and Leander Dendoncker, are Belgian footballers with Premier League blessings. In spite of this, you have praised him for his style of play, excellent technique, and ability to see the ball.
In addition, we also realize that, from a global standpoint, few football fans have given serious thought to reading Dennis Praet’s entire bio, which we have prepared for you. Let us now turn our attention to his life story without further ado.
For the sake of a brief biography, it is worth mentioning that the Belgian footballer bears the nickname ‘Denny’.
He was born on the 14th day of May 1994 to Belgian parents in Leuven, Belgium’s capital, to a Belgian mother and a Belgian father. It must be noted that the midfielder is the first of two children (a boy and a girl) to be born out of his dad and mother’s union. The young Dennis grew up next to his kid sister, whom he is very fond of.
It is believed that the Football Genius spent most of his childhood in his birth city of Leuven, a city that is known for being one of the world’s leading breweries.
Dennis was fond of playing football as a kid and had a desire to turn his passion into a sustaining career when he was still a child.
The truth of the matter is that there wasn’t anything standing between the youngster and his childhood dreams. As a matter of fact, Dennis Praet’s bio does not have a tale of rags to riches because he comes from an upper-middle-class family. He is a naturalized citizen of Belgium as we all know. When we dig deeper into his background, we can see that he has a much more interesting background.
According to the results of the research carried out to determine Dennis Praet’s family origin, it is highly likely that he is of Flemings origin. This is the name of the predominantly Dutch-speaking ethnic group that dominates much of northern Belgium.
Despite being only five years old, young Dennis had already begun training for his local boyhood club, S3V Motbroek, at the age of five. It is believed that the youngster played for several local teams, including Stade Leuven (2000-2002) and OH Leuven (2002-2003).
By the age of ten years of age, this football prodigy had already secured himself a place at the Genk Football Academy. The club was the club where Dennis spent most of his youth career developing himself, in the same system that produced the likes of Divock Ongi, Thibaut Courtois, and Kevin De Bruyne.
The then-teenage sensation had several good teams seeking his signature when he was at the height of his early career with Genk. In addition to these clubs, there are Arsenal, Lille, Ajax, and Anderlecht as well. However, despite the big names reaching out to Praet, he chose to sign with Anderlecht, the club his family supported.
The decision to join them was borne out of two more reasons as well. It was first and foremost Anderlecht’s reputation for promoting young talents. A second important factor was the fact that Dennis Praet’s parents were serious about their son completing his education in Belgium.
In those days, there was a need for dad and mum to get other options in case football did not work out for them. It was fortunate for the young midfielder and his family that there were greater hopes for the future. As Dennis made his debut in the first team for Anderlecht in 2011, he began his rise to fame and fortune.
As a result of his efforts, the team has won three consecutive league titles in a row. And what’s more? It was Praet that began collecting honors in which one of his favorites was being awarded the 2014 Belgian Golden Shoe.
After winning six trophies throughout his amateur career in Belgium, the young lad felt the time was right to look for greener pastures abroad. In the following season he went to Sampdoria where he also made a good impression.
It is at this point, as I write Dennis Praet’s biography, that the Belgian is smoothly plying his trade at Brendan Rodger’s Leicester City, a club to which he has won the hearts of many of their fans. Due to Paret’s good track record, it is obvious that English fans are still waiting to see the best of him. And the rest, as they say, is history.
First and foremost, the successful footballer has been spotted with someone, and the picture above is the proof. For most fans, however, his love life is not that clear at the moment. As it turns out, his alleged girlfriend or wife, rumored above, is likely to be his younger sister.
Aside from his performance in the field of football, did you know that many of his teammates, friends, and associates can attest to a number of likable facts about his personality? As mentioned above, he is well known for his adaptable personality, fun-loving disposition, unwavering passion, and uncompromising ambition.
It is evident that Denny knows how to spend his money well during football holidays. One of the Belgian’s favourite places to vacation is the Dolphin Academy in the southern Caribbean Sea and the Elephant Sanctuary at the Lanna Kingdom in Thailand.
The automobile is a very important part of his life, especially for him. Dennis likes to pose with expensive cars and seems to have a passion for them. As can be observed from the media reports, the midfielder’s favourite auto brand is none other than BMW.
A football player’s family is not just important to him. It is everything to him. In this article, we look at some interesting facts about his father and mother. There is also information about the midfielder’s siblings and relatives. It is probably due to the closeness the midfielder has to his family that makes him not shy about admitting to having a family of his own.
As Praet revealed once, the closeness of his parents made him turn down an offer to live with a guest family in Genk back when he was a young boy, because of the closeness he felt to them. As a result, Dennis preferred shuttling between his family home in Leuven and his hometown of Genk, which was 70km away.
As a result of this discovery, it has been revealed that Dennis Praet’s parents – although they remain largely unknown to the public – were very close to him and served as pillars of support for him. Meet the most important person in the Praet family- none other than his father.
Having a sister who he is fond of is one of the secrets of the Belgian’s mental and self-esteem boost, because having a sister is a wonderful thing to have. Unlike his parents, she appears to be the only member of his family who has been spotted on his Instagram page.
It has yet to be revealed whether the midfielder has a sister or brother. Neither are any details of his ancestry known, particularly in relation to either his maternal grandmother or paternal grandmother. Praet’s relatives, including her aunts, uncles, and cousins, are little known, as well.
If we do not meet the requirements of this heading, we would be unable to write an accurate essay on the character “Denny”. As a result, we present you with a few facts about the Fox Man in order to provide you with a more complete perspective on him.
As is the case with most footballers, he has yet to display any indication or demonstration that may provide insights into the kind of religion he practices. Although his name indicates he comes from a Christian family, we need more than just that to determine whether or not he is even a believer.
Dennis signed with the club an hour before the deadline for obtaining his boos in Italy, according to the sources. Rodgers wanted him to play in Leicester’s first game after signing him, so someone else’s boot will have to be used.
Dennis Praet Net Worth
How much does he earn in 2023?
It was announced in August 2021 that the midfielder had signed a contract with Leicester City in which he would earn a hefty salary of £4.00 million pounds a year. As a result of crunching the numbers, it appears that he is earning £10,969 per day and £457 per hour![table id=3311 /]
The 29-year-old Belgian signed for Leicester City in the summer of 2021 for a reported sum of £18,00,000. During that period of time, his market value dropped to around $16.50 million. It is estimated that the center midfielder has a net worth of £24 million.
Dennis Praet In FIFA 2022
Dennis Praet is currently 29 years old and plays as an attacking midfielder for Torino in Italy. He has an overall rating of 78 in FIFA 22 with a potential rating of 78. Praet has a 4-star skill moves rating in FIFA 22. The player prefers to shoot with his right foot. His work rates are Medium / Medium. According to our database, Praet’s height is 181 cm and his weight is estimated to be 70 kg. As of right now, Dennis Praet is playing with the numbers 26 and 22.[table id=3312 /]
- Praet joined the Genk youth academy in 2003 when he was eight years old. In the course of his youth career, he spent the majority of his time at Genk, where he quickly made an impression and played for the club’s youth teams until 2010.
- During his time at the club, he was part of a generation that was considered to be one of the top talents.
- After becoming part of Belgium’s youth teams, he attracted the interest of clubs such as Arsenal, Barcelona, Ajax, and Lille.
- Praet made the move to Anderlecht over a more lucrative offer in May 2010 after he had been at Genk for a long period of time. During his time at Anderlecht, he started out with the under-19 team and he continues to show his skills on a regular basis.
- As a player, he was awarded the best player award during the AEGON Future Cup in Amsterdam in 2011, which was a tournament for talented young players, including those from Ajax and Bayern Munich.
- The Belgian international made his debut for Anderlecht’s first team on 21 September 2011. He played in the Belgian Cup game against Lommel United and provided two assists in the 4–0 victory.
- As a result of this, he scored his first-ever official goal for Anderlecht in the next round of the cup against Rupel Boom FC.
- The following week, on 30 October, he also made his debut in the Belgian Pro League as a substitute for Fernando Canesin during the game against Lierse SK. On March 23, 2012, Praet signed a contract extension until 2015.
- He played for Anderlecht regularly during the 2012-2013 season, in which the club won their second consecutive league title.
- Early in 2014, an extension of his contract of two years, taking him up to the summer of 2017, was agreed upon.
- On 25 May 2014, after Anderlecht’s victory over Lokeren in a Jupiler Pro League play-off, he scored the third goal to secure Anderlecht’s 33rd league title, and they’re third in a row.
- The 31st of August 2014 marked Práet’s 100th competitive appearance for the club when he made his 100th competitive appearance against Club Brugge in the league.
- The Belgian scored against Galatasaray in the UEFA Champions League group stage on 16 September to put Anderlecht in front, but the Turkish club equalized in the extra time.
- He scored Anderlecht’s first league goal of the 2014-15 season in the 2–2 draw at home to Club Brugge midway through the first half when he equalized the opening goal for Anderlecht.
- The strike went in off of the post, just like his strike against Galatasaray in the Champions League.
- Anderlecht’s striker scored in four consecutive games during the period of 14 to 26 December 2014, with the wins over KV Oostende, Waasland Beveren, and KVC Westerlo in the league, and the win against SV Zulte Waregem in the Belgian Cup.
- It was at the end of the year that Praet’s rich form was rewarded. At a ceremony on 14 January 2015, Praet was presented with the 2014 Belgian Golden Shoe, which is a yearly award given to the best player in the Jupiler Pro League. Moreover, he polled five points ahead of the second-placed player, V*ctor Vázquez of Club Brugge (245).
- The move of Praet to Sampdoria was completed on 24 August 2016. It was agreed that Sampdoria would pay Sampdoria €10 million as a transfer fee.
- It was heavily reported during the summer 2018 transfer window that Praet would be moving to Serie A champions Juventus, but in November 2018, Praet signed a contract extension with Sampdoria, extending his time at the club until 2021.
- As a Sampdoria player, Praet played 98 games in Serie A, scoring four goals, as the club finished in the top half of the table all three seasons, as the club finished the season in the top half of the table.
Dennis Praet with Leicester City
- It has been revealed that Praet signed a five-year contract with Premier League club Leicester City on 8 August of this year, for a reported fee of €20 million.
- Idrissa Gueye made his league debut on 18 August 2019. He came on as a 73rd-minute substitute in a 1-1 draw against Chelsea.
- The first goal Praet scored in his first appearance for Leicester City came in a 1–2 loss to Southampton on 11 January 2020.
- During Burnley’s 4–2 win over Everton on 20 September 2020, he netted his second goal of the game.
Praet joined Torino on a season-long loan deal on 31 August 2021.
- A mere three years after playing for the U15 team, Praet has represented Belgium in every age group under-15 and older, appearing for the U21 team just three years after he first played for the U15 team.
- In November 2014, Praet received his first call up to the senior Belgian squad for the friendly against Iceland played at home on 12 November, and the Euro 2016 Qualifier held against Wales on 16 November.
- In the 3–1 friendly win over Iceland in Brussels, he made his international debut in the 76th minute, when he came on as a substitute for Christian Benteke after all four goals had already been scored.
- Praet earned his second cap for Belgium almost four years after his debut. He was part of the team that drew 1–1 with the Netherlands in October of last year.
Facts About Dennis Praet
- Dennis Praet was born in Leuven, in the province of Flemish Brabant.
- It was his father and mother’s union that resulted in him being the first of two children (a boy and a girl). While growing up, Dennis was very close to his younger sister, whom he adores.
- During his early years, the Football Genius spent time in his native city, Leuven, where he was born a city that is also known as one of the world’s largest beer breweries.
- Dennis has been aspiring to turn his passion for football into a long-term career ever since he was a child.
- In reality, there was nothing stopping the youngster from doing what he had always dreamed of doing.
- In reality, because Dennis Praet comes from a middle-class family, his biography does not tell any tales of rags to riches, one of the Top Facts about Dennis Praet.
- As we all know, he is a true Belgian citizen. When you dig deeper into his past, you will discover that he is more than meets the eye.
- According to the research on Dennis Praet’s ancestors, there is a significant possibility that he might be of Flemish descent.
- This is the ethnic group that occupies much of northern Belgium and speaks the Dutch language.
- The 29-year-old player has represented Belgium at every age group under 15 and older making an appearance for the U21 team just three years after he first played for the U15 team.
Belgium national football team
Suffering significant injury Praet sustained a fifth metatarsal infraction in the right foot in a collision in practice, Torino announced. Impact Praet will undergo further tests in the next few days, but he is headed for a multi-week absence considering the severity of the injury.
In the year 1994, Dennis Praet was born to Belgian parents.
Thank you for taking out your precious time to read Woodgram’s version of Dennis Praet Biography. Our team of writers and researchers care about the accuracy of our content on French Footballers. Please let us know if you spot any wrongs in our article.
On a final note, we would appreciate your feedback (below as a comment) on what you think about Dennis Praet, including our Biography of him. Now, stay tuned for more Belgian Football Stories from Woodgram.