Alexis Sánchez is a Chilean professional football player who plays for the English club Manchester United and for the Chilean national team. He started his football career with a local Chilean club, ‘Cobreloa’, and debuted for the Chilean national team at the age of 17. He displayed great speed and presence of mind on the field, which led to him signing contracts with the European clubs ‘Udinese,’ ‘Barcelona,’ and ‘Arsenal.’ He was part of the “golden trio” of ‘Barcelona,’ alongside Lionel Messi and David Villa, which enabled them to win tournaments such as the ’UEFA La Liga,’ the ’Super Cup,’ and the ’FIFA Club World Cup.’
After 22 successful years with ‘Barcelona,’ he was replaced by Neymar and transferred to ‘Arsenal.’ During his 2016–2017 season at ‘Arsenal,’ he outperformed every other star footballer from his team and scored 30 goals and 14 assists. After being dissatisfied with the direction and management of ‘Arsenal,’ he decided to join the rival club ‘Manchester United.’ The deal was completed in January 2018. Chile was led by him to win the 2014 Copa América and reach the finals of the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup.
Alexis Sánchez Bio/Wiki[table id=2818 /]
Alexis Sánchez was born on December 19, 1988, in Tocopilla, Chile, to Gullermo Soto and Martina Sanchez. His father was looking for a job when Alexis was born, and his mother ran a small business as the family’s breadwinner. His father left their home after being unemployed for a long time. In those days, Alexis was less than a year old. As a child, he was raised by his mother.
In order to take care of her four children, Martina, who did not earn much, worked several jobs at a time. Her household barely made ends meet. Despite working extremely hard, she could not feed her children. Jose Martinez, Alexis’ uncle, decided to adopt one of her children.
Joe adopted Alexis despite the fact that he did not earn much money either. Martina told him that he could not afford to pay for Alexis’ education. Later, Jose told Alexis that he would have to start earning on his own if he wanted to live with him. Jose was impressed by Alexis’ love of football, so he enrolled him in a football training academy.
He did everything he could to pay his academy fees.
In addition to odd jobs, he performed acrobatics on the street. At one point, he even had to beg for money and food. He turned to Luis Astorga, a football club director, for assistance during this critical time. He enrolled Alexis at his club, Cobreloa Football Club, which became the turning point in Alexis’ life. Alexis worked hard to ensure that he didn’t disappoint Luis after his act of kindness.
Many film and TV personalities from South America have dated Alexis Sanchez. Faloon Larraguibel, a TV personality, started dating him in 2009. They split up a year later. In the following years, Alexis dated Roxana Munoz, Tamara Primus, and Michelle Carvalho. He has been in a relationship with Laia Grassi since 2014, and there have been rumors that the couple is already married.
In Chile, Alexis is a major celebrity. Tocopilla, where he was born, has erected a statue in his honor.
Alexis Sánchez Net Worth
Alexis Sánchez has a net worth of $70 million.[table id=2819 /]
After making his loan move permanent, Alexis Sanchez currently earns £160,000 per week at Inter Milan. He earns a much higher salary than he did with Corberloa, where he earned £45 per month. Nevertheless, Sanchez was the highest-paid footballer in the history of Manchester United.
In addition to his salary of £350,000, he also made money from bonuses and image rights, making his weekly salary up to £500,000. During the 2017-18 January transfer window, Manchester United also paid Sanchez an additional £20m signing-on fee.
From his wages over 4.5 years, Sanchez would have earned £108 million if he had maintained his fine form from his Arsenal days. Although he agreed to a new deal, he earned £140,000 at Arsenal, but earned a bumper sum at United. Moreover, Sanchez got his first major contract in 2011. At the time of joining Barca, Sanchez earned £80,000 a week plus a bonus payment of £10 million.
Alexis Sanchez is estimated to have a net worth of $50 million, according to various online reports. At present, his transfer market value is €11.00m. Although he was valued at €70 million in early 2018, it decreased after his poor performance in the United States. After his impressive performance for the Spanish side of Barcelona, Sanchez’s market value began to rise.
Pepsi, Huawei, and Nike are some of Alexis Sanchez’s personal endorsement deals. Since 2006, Sanchez has been an athlete for Nike. During his first year with Nike, he wore Nike Mercurial Vapor IIIs, and currently, he wears Nike Mercurial Superfly VIII Elites.
To date, Nike has not released Sanchez’s signature line of shoes. Additionally, in 2017 Sanchez teamed up with Pepsi. Sergio Aguero and Vincent Kompany were also part of a deal with Pepsi to promote UCLreturn. As well, Sanchez was named as the brand ambassador for the Chinese telecommunications company Huawei in May 2015.
In South America, Sanchez joined James Rodriguez to represent Huawei and promote their products.
- Having been promoted to the senior team of ‘Cobreloa’ in 2005, Alexis was the youngest player ever to play in the Copa Libertadores, a local tournament.
- After his successful time at ‘Colo-Colo,’ another major Chilean club offered Alexis a one-year contract in 2006.
- At the 2006 Copa Sudamericana, Alexis had a major role in making his team the first runner-up, and he won his first professional title in December 2006.
- It was my hat-trick in a game against Caracas in the Copa Libertadores that led his team to victory. His performance for his nation at the Under-20 FIFA World Cup further impressed everyone, and he joined Udinese in July 2008.
- In his debut non-competitive match against ‘Bassano,’ he was awarded the ‘Man of the Match’ title. As a result of some more outstanding performances for ‘Udinese,’ he was named the most promising youngster of the 2011 campaign by FIFA.com users.
- ‘Barcelona’ struck a deal with ‘Udinese’ to bring Alexis into their team in 2011, marking him as a breakthrough player. Therefore, Alexis was about to become the first Chilean player to play for ‘Barcelona.’
- Alexis made his Premier League debut against Real Madrid in August 2011. However, his first season with them was marred by many injuries, which kept him from playing on several occasions.
- The next season was not great either, and due to injuries and other factors, Alexis had very few field opportunities. The league title, however, went to Barcelona, and Alexis ended the season with eight goals, which was an above-average performance.
- In January 2014, I scored a hat-trick against his team, resulting in a victory. The decision to let him go had already been made when ‘Barcelona’ stepped in.
- As a result, he was purchased by ‘Arsenal,’ and on August 10, 2014, he made his competitive debut against ‘Manchester City’ and played a major role in their 3–0 victory.
- He scored his first goal for Arsenal on August 27. By the end of the season, he was the only player from Arsenal to be named to the PFA Team of the Year.
- Alexis started the ‘Premier League’ on a negative note, as he remained goalless in his first 10 appearances. He did, however, score a hat-trick in the eleventh game. Only one player has scored hat-tricks in ‘Serie A,’ ‘Serie B,’ and ‘La Liga.’ This season was also plagued by injuries, but Alexis performed well enough to stay with the team.
- In 2016–2017, he won the ‘Player of the Season’ award for his team and scored the opening goal in the ‘FA Cup’ final victory over ‘Chelsea.’ Thanks to his efforts, Arsenal set a record for the most ‘FA Cup’ victories. During the following season, he was transferred to Manchester United, becoming the team’s first Chilean player.
- In 2007, Alexis was part of the Chilean ‘Under-20’ team that finished third in the ‘FIFA Under 20 World Cup’. During the World Cup in 2014 and the Copa América in 2015, I played for his national team as well.
- Chile’s Copa América title win was the nation’s first major football title win.
- In 2016, he was a member of the Chilean squad for the Copa América Centenario, where his team defended their title. He played a good role in his team reaching the finals against Argentina. The final goal was scored by Alexis, which led to Chile successfully defending its title.
- Alexis was selected for the ‘Golden Ball’ award, which is given to the best player of the tournament.
Facts About Alexis Sánchez
- He had to borrow soccer shoes for a U14 tournament because his family was so poor. At the tournament, he scored eight goals in one match and as a reward, the mayor of Tocopila gave him his first pair of shoes.
- Alexis’ father left his family shortly after he was born. A paternal figure in his life was his uncle Jose Delaigue.
- In order to earn some money, he washed cars parked in the village cemetery or just made sure that they weren’t stolen.
- Another source of extra pocket money was to box with other children and to perform a few gymnastic routines for the passerby and neighbors.
- His club Udinese had accepted a bid from Manchester City before he moved to Barcelona in 2009. Sanchez refused to board a plane to complete the transfer.
- At 16, he made his competitive debut with Cobreloa. A year later, he was signed by Udinese for a fee of £1.7 million.
- In his first season at Udinese, he was loaned to Chilean club Colo-Colo for a season, followed by a season at River Plate.
- He won the Chilean Premiera División with Colo-Colo and the Argentine Primera División with River Plate.
- During Christmas, he visits his hometown Tocopilla dressed as Santa Claus and distributes gifts to underprivileged children.
- Additionally, he gave £160,000 to restore five soccer pitches in his hometown and takes care of the training program.
- When he made his debut for the national team against New Zealand at the age of 17 years and five months, he became the youngest player to represent Chile.
- In February 2011, he scored four goals against Palermo for Udinese, the most by a Chilean in a Serie A match.
- As a result of his great performances in 2011, he was named the most promising player by FIFA in an online poll. Neymar, Gareth Bale, and Ganso finished behind him.
- Arsenal won the FA cup in his debut season with the English club. The club also named him player of the year.
- In 2015, he was also named Professional Footballers’ Association Fans player of the year.
- In 2015 and 2016, he won two Copa América tournaments with his national side.
- He was named player of the tournament at the 2016 Copa América tournament and won the Golden Ball award.
Colegio Padre Hurtado
Despite a calf injury, Alexis Sanchez is set to miss Chile’s Copa America group stage – and the team’s record appearance maker faces a race against time to be fit if they reach the knockout stages.