Dakota Johnson is an American actress and fashion model. Dakota Johnson was born in Austin, Texas, and is the daughter of actors Don Johnson and Melanie Griffith. Her maternal grandmother is actress Tippi Hedren. Her big-screen debut was alongside her mom in 1999’s Crazy in Alabama. Post high school, Johnson appeared in a string of films including The Social Network and 21 Jump Street, before landing her most famous role to date as Anastasia Steele in the film adaptation of the Fifty Shades of Grey franchise. The actress has since starred in features like Black Mass and The Peanut Butter Falcon.
She was cast in a minor part in The Social Network (2010) and subsequently had supporting roles in the comedy 21 Jump Street, the independent comedy Goats, and the romantic comedy The Five-Year Engagement (all 2012). In 2015, Johnson had her first starring role as Anastasia Steele in the Fifty Shades film series (2015–18). For her performance in the series, she received a BAFTA Rising Star Award nomination in 2016. Following Fifty Shades, Johnson appeared in the biographical crime film Black Mass (2015) and Luca Guadagnino’s drama A Bigger Splash (2015). She reunited with Guadagnino, portraying the lead role in Suspiria (2018), a supernatural horror film based on the 1977 film by Dario Argento. That same year, she appeared in an ensemble cast in the thriller film Bad Times at the El Royale (2018). In 2019, Johnson had a starring role in the psychological horror film Wounds and the comedy-drama film The Peanut Butter Falcon.
Dakota Johnson Bio/Wiki
[table id=445 /]
Dakota Johnson Parents, Siblings, Education & More
Dakota Johnson was born on October 4, 1989, at Brackenridge Hospital in Austin, Texas, to actors Melanie Griffith and Don Johnson.
At the time of her birth, her father was shooting the film The Hot Spot in Texas. Her maternal grandparents are advertising executive and former child actor Peter Griffith and actress Tippi Hedren, and she is the niece of actress Tracy Griffith and production designer Clay A. Griffin. Her former stepfather is actor Antonio Banderas. She has four paternal siblings, including actor Jesse Johnson, and two maternal siblings.
Because of her parents’ work, Johnson spent the majority of her childhood in various locations with them on film sets. though she spent extended amounts of time in Aspen and Woody Creek, Colorado, where she worked during summers at the local market as a teenager. She attended the Aspen Community School for a time. “I was so consistently unmoored and discombobulated. I didn’t have an anchor anywhere,” Johnson recalled. At an early age, Johnson was diagnosed with hyperactivity (ADHD) and changed schools seven times. She attended the Santa Catalina School in Monterey, California, for her freshman year of high school before transferring to New Roads School in Santa Monica, California.
Dakota Johnson Net Worth
The net worth of this famous Actress, Dakota is estimated to have $18 Million as of 2023. The main source of her income is from her acting career. She is earning a considerable income from her work and she is satisfied with her earning. Her salary is not revealed yet and will be updated soon. She and co-star, Jamie Dornan was only paid $250,000 each for their work, including box office bonuses. However, it is said that the duo asked for seven-figure salaries for Fifty Shades Darker.
[table id=446 /]
Dakota Johnson Hot
Dakota Johnson Boyfriend, Husband, and More
Dakota Johnson has had different boyfriends. She dated the actor Jordan Masterson from 2011-2014. It has been rumored that Dakota dated the English actor Benedict Cumberbatch in December 2013. Dakota had a relationship with the Welsh singer Matthew Hitt.
When Dakota Johnson movie Fifty Shades of Grey was released in 2015, they split and reconciled some months later only to call it quits again in late 2016. Their busy schedules were the reason behind the separation. Nowadays, Johnson is dating Chris Martin.
Dakota Johnson Chris Martin
It seems Dakota Johnson and Chris Martin have stumbled upon relationship “Paradise. The “Fifty Shades” actress’ mom, Melanie Griffith, gave People Now an update on how the pair are doing at an event Friday in Beverly Hills. In June, reported the two had called it quits.
When contacted by USA TODAY, reps for Johnson and Martin did not comment. However, Griffith indicated the two, spotted together in as early as October 2017, are going strong. “I love my daughter’s boyfriend,” the “Working Girl” actress, 62, told the outlet. “I think that they’re an awesome couple.”
Dakota Johnson Movies/Career
- Dakota Johnson Movies (Debut) were ‘Crazy in Alabama’ which was released in 1999. She played the character of Sondra in that movie. This movie was directed by her stepfather Antonio Banderas.
- She also did a cameo in the movie “The Social Network”.Her character’s name was Amelia Ritter.
- Beastly(2011),21 Jump Street(2012), and The Five-Year Engagement (2012) were the Dakota Johnson movies in which she played very important roles.
- In 2012 she made actor TV debut with the comic-drama “Bane and Kate”.She portrays the role of Kate Fox along with Nat fox an as Ben Fox.
- She did a cameo in the finale of web series “The Office”.
- In 2014 she played a lead role in the movie “Date and Switch”.”Em” was her character name. In the same year, she also got appeared in movies Need for Speed & Cymbeline.
- Movie ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey” was the turning point of her acting career. In that movie, she played a very bold & erotica character of Anastasia Steele. She also did a nude scene with her co-star Jamie Dornan.
- After ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey”, She did few movies like How to Be Single, A Bigger Splash, Fifty Shades Darker and Fifty Shades Freed.
- She is currently doing “The Friends” & “Covers”.Both of these films are in pre-production.
[table id=447 /]
Some Known Facts About Dakota Johnson
- She had done modeling for the MANGO brand’s jeans line.
- At the age of 12, she did the photoshoot for Teen Vogue.
- Riley Keough is her best friend.
- Her dog’s name is Zeppelin.
- She did not have a Facebook and Twitter account.
- Johnson was named Miss Golden Globe 2006.
- Johnson has six half-siblings – four on her dad’s side and two on her mom’s side.
She has a dog named Zeppelin.
- Dakota made her Hollywood debut with her sister Stella in 1999.
- Both of them appeared in “Crazy in Albamas” as the daughters of her real-life mother.
- She also selected for the first and second-generation Miss Golden Globe 2006.
After that, Johnson did modeling for IMG Models, Wish, MANGO and Rising Star Campaign.
- She denied that she was in a 30-day recovery program at the Visions Teen Treatment Center in Malibu, CA, for medication and alcoholism in September 2007. She said that the press misinterpreted that she was getting help as a young person as a result of a few issues with her parents, who have both battled substance abuse.
- Landed the coveted role of Anastasia Steele in Fifty Shades of Grey (2015), the film adaptation of the best-selling erotic novel, by reading along, a sexually-explicit monologue from the Ingmar Bergman film Persona (1966).
Who Is The Husband Of Dakota Johnson?
Chris Martin And Dakota Johnson Are One Of The Cutest Couples Around. They Have Been Together Since October 2017 And Appear To Be Completely Smitten With Each Other. While The Coldplay Lead Singer And The 50 Shades Of Grey Actress Are Somewhat Of A Private Couple, They Are Still Widely Recognized By Fans Everywhere.
How Much Is Dakota Johnson Worth?
Dakota Johnson’s Net Worth And Salary: Dakota Johnson Is An American Model And Actress Who Has A Net Worth Of $14 Million Dollars. Dakota Johnson Was Born In Austin, Texas, And Is The Daughter Of Actors Don Johnson And Melanie Griffith.
How Old Is Dakota Johnson?
34 Years (4 October 1989)
Who Is Dakota Johnson’s Mother?
Who’s Dakota Johnson’s Dad?