Halle Berry is an American actor, best known for her work in ‘Monster’s Ball.’ She was a fashion model and had performed in several beauty challenges before becoming an actress. The daughter of an English-German mother and an African American father, her mixed ancestry explains her unique beauty.
Confident of her good looks from a young age, she began taking part in beauty contests and won the ‘Miss Teen All-American Pageant.’ She became a model after being elected as the first runner-up in the ‘Miss U.S.A. Pageant.’ She started her acting career with a role in the television series ‘Living Dolls’ before making her transition to films.
She was offered a minor role in Spike Lee’s film ‘Jungle Fever.’ Subsequently, she won the hearts of many with her dedication and responsibility towards her work. She became known as an artist who puts her heart and soul into whatever she does.
Her hard work and devotion helped her reach superstardom, a status that had evaded female actors of African American origin. Her role in the film ‘Monster’s Ball’ won her an ‘Academy Award’ for ‘Best Actress’ in a leading role and made her the first woman of African American descent to win the award.
- Ryan Gosling Biography, Age, Height, Family, Kids, Movies, Wiki, Net Worth
- Reese Witherspoon Biography, Husband, Daughter, Movies, Wiki, & Net Worth
|Birth Name||Maria Halle Berry|
|Age||(as in 2022) 56 Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Leo|
|Birth Place||Cleveland, Ohio, U.S.|
|Date of Birth||14 August 1966|
|Residence||Hollywood Hills, Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Home Town||Cleveland, Ohio, U.S.|
|Hobbies||Acting, Exercise, Sports|
|Mother's Name||Judith Ann (née Hawkins) (Psychiatric Nurse)|
|Father's Name||Jerome Jesse Berry (Hospital Attendant; later he became a bus driver)|
|Sister||Heidi Berry-Henderson (Older Sister)|
|Other relatives||1. Nellie Dicken (Maternal Grandmother)|
2. Earl Ellsworth Hawkins (Maternal Grandfather)
|Affairs/Boyfriends||1. Kevin Costner (1989)|
2. Danny Wood (1989)
3. Wesley Snipes (1989-1990)
4. David Justice (1992-1997)
5. Shemar Moore (1997-1998)
6. Eric Benét (1999-2005)
7. Fred Durst (2003)
8. Steve Jones (2003)
9. Michael Ealy (2004-2005)
10. Gabriel Aubry (2005-2010)
11. Olivier Martinez (m. 2013)
Marital Status, Husband and Children
|Husband/Spouse||1. David Justice (m. 1992–1997)|
2. Eric Benét (m. 2001–2005)
3. Olivier Martinez (m. 2013)
|Marriage Date||13 July 2013|
|Children||1. Nahla Ariela Aubry (Daughter) |
2. Maceo Robert Martinez (Son)
|School||Bedford High School in Bedford, Ohio|
|College/University||Cuyahoga Community College in Cuyahoga County, Ohio|
|Profession||Actress, former model|
|Brands Endorsed||1. M&Ms Candy (1999)|
2. Revlon (2001-2003)
3. Pepsi-Cola Twist (2001-2002)
4. TNN’s “James Bond for the 21st Century” (with Pierce Brosnan) (2002)
5. Martin Luther King Memorial Project (2003)
6. Deichmann, Germany (2012)
7. She has also appeared in Revlon’s print ads for various products.
8. Other print ads include that of Versace (2006), and Army Air Force Exchange Service (2004).
|Career Manager||Vincent Cirrincione Talent Management|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 166 cm|
in feet/ inches- 5′ 5″
in meters- 1.66m
|Weight (Approx.)||in Kilograms- 55 kg|
in Pounds- 121 pounds
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Multiracial, She has English and German ancestry on her mother’s side, while she is of African American descent on her father’s side.|
|Dress Size||6 (US) or 38 (EU)|
|Shoe Size||7 (US) or 37.5 (EU)|
|Favourite Actresses||Dorothy Dandridge, Jodie Foster, Whoopi Goldberg|
|Favourite Food||Grilled tuna teamed with garlic mashed potatoes|
|Favorite Books||Nappily Ever After, The Rumi Collection, The Color of Water, Meditations For Women Who Do Too Much|
|Favorite Perfume||Her own Fragrance line|
|Favorite Musicians||Miley Cyrus, Lady Gaga, Hip-hop|
|Favorite Movies||Comedy films|
Halle Berry was born on August 14, 1966, in Cleveland, Ohio, USA, to Judith Ann, a psychiatric nurse, and Jerome Jesse Berry, a hospital attendant. She is of mixed ancestry, her mother was of English and German origin, while her father was an African American. She has an elder sister. Her father abandoned the family when Halle was very young and she was raised by her mother in a predominantly white neighborhood.
She had to face racism while growing up. She attended ‘Bedford High School’ before enrolling at ‘Cuyahoga Community College’ to study broadcast journalism. As a student, she was very active in extra-curricular activities and also served as the head cheerleader and class president.
As a teenager, she participated in several beauty pageants and won the ‘Miss Teen All American’ in 1985 and ‘Miss Ohio USA’ in 1986. She was adjudged the first runner-up in the ‘Miss USA’ pageant in 1986. This success inspired her to quit her studies and pursue a career as a fashion model.
- Kevin Costner Biography, Age, Height, Wife, Children, Movies, Wiki, & Net Worth
- Chris Pine Biography, Age, Height, Wife, Grandmother, Movies, Wiki, & Net Worth
Halle Berry Net Worth
Throughout her career, she has won many prestigious awards for her amazing acting skills. Today, she is currently one of the highest-paid actresses in the industry. As of 2022, Halle Berry’s net worth is $80 million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022||$80 million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021||Under Review|
|Annual Salary||Under Review|
|Income Source||Actress, Former Model|
- In 1996 she earned her first major paycheck when she earned $1 million to star in Executive Decision.
- Halle was initially offered a career-high $2 million to star in Swordfish opposite Hugh Jackman and John Travolta.
- According to sources, she initially agreed to do a topless scene in the movie but then got cold feet. Not wanting to remove the scene, Warner Brothers reportedly upped her salary by $500,000 to complete the full topless scene, bringing her total payday to $2.5 million.
- Halle accepted a significantly smaller paycheck, $600,000, to star in Monster’s Ball. She would go on to win the Academy Award for Best Actress for the film which was released in 2001.
- The following year she earned $4 million to star in the James Bond movie Die Another Day. She then earned $6 million for her role in 2003’s Gothika.
- In 2004, Halle earned her largest single career paycheck when she was paid $14 million – the same as $19 million in today’s dollars – to star in the rebooted Catwoman.
- From this point on, Halle has consistently earned $10-12 million per major film role. She was consistently one of the highest-paid actresses in the world in the 2000s.
- Halle signed her first Revlon endorsement deal in 1996. She renewed her deal in 2004. After winning her Academy Award she demanded that Revlon increase her annual pay from $3 million to $5 million. Today she likely earns north of $10 million per year from Revlon alone.
Halle Berry Movies And TV Shows
- As the 1980s turned into the ’90s, the aspiring actress began a career in television with a role on the short-lived sitcom Living Dolls (1989), followed by a year-long run on the CBS prime-time drama Knots Landing, in 1991.
- Berry’s first big-screen break came later that year when she was cast as Samuel L. Jackson’s drug-addicted girlfriend in Spike Lee’s critically acclaimed film Jungle Fever.
- More substantial supporting roles followed, including that of a stripper in the action-thriller The Last Boy Scout (1991), starring Bruce Willis, and as the woman who finally wins the heart of Eddie Murphy in the romantic comedy Boomerang (1992).
- With a few films under her belt, Berry accepted more offbeat roles, making cameos in the rockumentary CB4 (1993), which traced the rise and fall of a rap group by the same name. In 1994, the live-action version of The Flintstones featured Berry as a Stone-Age seductress.
- Berry offered a no-holds-barred performance as a rehabilitated crack addict seeking to regain custody of her son in Losing Isaiah (1995). Berry, who played opposite Jessica Lange and David Strathairn, was noted for her believable portrayal of a mother struggling with addiction and loss.
- Later that year, Berry overcame Hollywood’s racial barriers when she was cast as the first African American to play the Queen of Sheba, in the Showtime movie Solomon & Sheba.
- Berry’s acting credits the next year included two 1996 crime thrillers: The Rich Man’s Wife, and Executive Decision. The latter film marked Berry’s first leading role in a feature.
- In 1998, she took a turn as one of three wives laying claim to Frankie Lyman’s estate in the biographical drama Why Do Fools Fall in Love?, and then played a liberal urban youth in the political satire Bulworth, opposite Hollywood veteran Warren Beatty.
- In 1999, Berry released her most passionate project to date, co-producing and starring in Introducing Dorothy Dandridge, an HBO biopic. Berry was noted for her striking resemblance to the late Dorothy Dandridge, and for her engaging depiction of the actress’s struggle to succeed in the racially biased industry of 1950s Hollywood.
- Berry earned both a Golden Globe Award and an Emmy Award for Best Actress in a Television Movie for her role.
- Berry continued to star in blockbuster hits, including X-Men (2000), the big-budget screen adaptation of the long-running Marvel Comic. In the highly anticipated summer release, Berry’s character, Storm, teamed up with fellow mutant heroes played by Anna Paquin and Patrick Stewart. She reprised her role as Storm in X2 (2003), X-Men: The Final Stand (2006), and X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014).
- Berry garnered the most positive critical notice of her film career in the 2001 dark drama Monster’s Ball. Berry played the wife of a death row prisoner (Sean “Puffy” Combs) who becomes romantically involved with a racist prison guard (Billy Bob Thornton).
- The role earned Berry a Golden Globe nomination for best actress in a drama as well as the Academy Award for best actress. In her emotional acceptance speech, Berry acknowledged the honor of becoming the first African American woman to win the Oscar for best actress by thanking all the performers who came before her.
- Also in 2001, Berry co-starred with John Travolta in the action movie Swordfish. Audiences did not respond positively to the film, and publicity for the movie centered mostly around Berry’s topless scene, for which the actress was allegedly paid a $500,000 bonus.
- In 2002, Berry joined the ranks of the legendary “Bond Girls” as the character Jinx in the hit James Bond spy adventure Die Another Day.
- She then starred in the horror flick Gothika (2003), which drew mostly tepid reviews but fared well at the box office. However, her talents did little to save the adaptation of DC Comics’ Catwoman (2004), a commercial and critical flop.
- In 2005, Berry took the lead in the TV adaptation of Zora Neale Hurston’s classic 1937 novel, Their Eyes Were Watching God, which was produced by Oprah Winfrey’s production company, Harpo. She also lent her voice for the CGI cartoon project, Robots.
- In 2007, the actress starred in the heart-racing thriller Perfect Stranger, alongside Willis. Following a series of smaller films, she reemerged for the Wachowski siblings’ Cloud Atlas (2012), playing numerous characters across the time-traveling epic.
- In July 2014, Berry took to the small screen with a starring role in the CBS sci-fi series Extant. In the Steven Spielberg-produced series, she plays an astronaut who returns to earth pregnant after a 13-month solo space mission.
- In 2017, Berry starred in the abduction thriller Kidnap and was among the supporting players in the action-comedy Kingsman: The Golden Circle. In 2019, she co-starred in another action franchise sequel, John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum, and served as executive producer of the BET series Boomerang, based on her earlier film.
Halle Berry Movies And TV Shows List
The Last Boy Scout
Race the Sun
The Rich Man's Wife
Why Do Fools Fall in Love
|2002||Die Another Day|
|2006||X-Men: The Last Stand|
Things We Lost in the Fire
|2010||Frankie & Alice|
|2011||New Year's Eve|
|2012||Dark Tide Kate Mathieson|
|2014||X-Men: Days of Future Past|
|2016||Kevin Hart: What Now?|
Kingsman: The Golden Circle
|2019||John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum|
TV Shows & Serials List
A Different World
They Came from Outer Space
|1993||Alex Haley's Queen|
|1995||Solomon & Sheba|
Introducing Dorothy Dandridge
|2005||Their Eyes Were Watching God|
|2017||Drop the Mic|
- Berry’s name was changed from “Maria Halle Berry” to “Halle Maria Berry” legally at the age of five.
- She got her name “Halle” from Halle’s Department Store, which was situated at her birthplace.
- She is a type 2 diabetic. Diagnosed with diabetes at the age of 22, she sought treatment from a holistic MD who has helped her to control the disease without insulin injections.
- Halle has been titled “Miss Ohio USA” in 1986, and “Miss Teen All American” in the year 1985.
- Halle has two dogs named Polly and Willy.
- She was named “Artist of the Year” by the Harvard Foundation for Intercultural and Race Relations in 1998.
- Her parents separated when she was four years old. And, so Halle and her sister were raised by her mom.
- She was a cheerleader in her high school.
- Halle has worked at Higbee’s Department store previously.
- In 2003, she was placed #1 on People’s list of “50 Most Beautiful People in the World”.
- She prefers massage over facial.
- She likes to watch comedy movies rather than drama.
- Halle likes to purchase shoes (if compared to bags). She has 100s of shoes and Halle keeps them out of the box at the display so that she does not forget that she owns them.
- She voiced the role of Patience Phillips / Catwoman in the 2004 video game “Catwoman: The Video Game”.
What Is Halle Berry’s Nationality?
American, Halle Berry Was Born In Cleveland, Ohio. Her father, Jerome Jesse Berry, Was African-American And Worked As A Hospital Attendant. Her mother, Judith Ann (Hawkins), Who Is Caucasian, Has English And German Ancestry, And Is A Retired Psychiatric Nurse.
Did Michael Ealy Dated Halle Berry?
Halle Is Rumoured To Have Dated Actor Michael Ealy, Who Is Seven Years Her Junior. The Pair Met While Filming A Made For Tv Movie, Their Eyes Were Watching God, But They Were Rarely Seen Out Together And Never Confirmed The Romance.
What Is Halle Berry Famous For?
Halle Berry Is An Acclaimed Actress And Former Beauty Queen. For Her Performance In Monster’s Ball In 2001, She Became The First African American Woman To Win An Academy Award For Best Actress.
Where Does Halle Berry Live Now?
How Do I Get A Body Like Halle Berry?
Halle Also Shared A Bit Of Her Workout, Which Included Kettlebell Squat Presses (Three Sets Of 10 Reps) And Kettlebell Swings (Three Sets Of 15 Reps). On Top Of Weight Exercises With Her Personal Trainer, She Is Also A Fan Of Yoga And Boxing, Which She Practised For Over Three Years.