Bhagyashree Patwardhan is an Indian actress. She is best known for her debut lead role in the film Maine Pyar Kiya, for which she won the Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut. She has appeared in Hindi, Kannada, Marathi, Telugu and Bhojpuri films. As a matter of fact, she is well recognized for her brilliant performance in the first movie titled as Maine Pyar Kiya. Additionally, she earned the Filmfare award for the category of Best Female Debut for the same movie.
Moreover, she is a multi-lingual actress such as Hindi, Kannada, Telugu, Marathi, and Bhojpuri movies. Initially, she started her acting career with the television series titled Kachchi Dhoop directed by Amol Palekar. Her excellent performance in this serial paved way for the other two serials namely Kisse Miya Biwi Ke and Honi Anhoni. Most prominently, she performed in three movies namely, Qaid Main Hai Bulbul, Tyagi, and Payal. In the year 1993, she took part in the movie Ghar Aaya Mera Pardesi along with the co-artist Avinash Wadhawan.
After her last Bollywood movie, she took a gap for a few years. Later, she got an opportunity to perform in her first Telugu movie named Yuvaratna Rana in the year 1998.
However, again in the year 2014, she returned to the television acting with the serial named as Laut Aao Trisha which was cast on Life OK channel. Apart from her acting profession, she is also working as the promoter of the entertainment media company known as Shrishti Entertainment. Additionally, she is regarded as the brand ambassador by the government of Maharashtra of Bhagyashree scheme.
|Birth Name||Bhagyashree Patwardhan|
|Age||(as in 2020) 51 Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Pisces|
|Birth Place||Maharashtra, India|
|Date of Birth||February 23, 1969|
|Home Town||Not Known|
|Mother's Name||Shrimant Akhand Saubhagyavati Rani Rajyalakshmi Patwardhan|
(Queen of Sangli)
|Father's Name||Meherban Shrimant Rajasaheb Vijaysinghrao Madhavrao Patwardhan|
(King of Sangli)
Marital Status, Husband and Children
|Marriage Date||Not Known|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Commerce (B. Com)|
|Brands Endorsed||Not Known|
|Career Manager||Not Known|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||5 ft 4"|
(163 cm) approximately
|Weight (Approx.)||126 lbs|
57 kg approximately
|Breast Size||Not Known|
|Hips Size||Not Known|
|Waist Size||Not Known|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Not Known|
|S*xual Orientation||Not Known|
|Dress Size||Not Known|
|Shoe Size||Not Known|
|Favourite Actress||Not Known|
|Favourite Actors||Not Known|
|Favourite Colors||Not Known|
|Favourite Sport||Not Known|
Bhagyashree’s Net Worth
According to Various Online resources, famous Film Actress Bhagyashree’s net worth is $46 Million at the age of 51 years old. Bhagyashree earned the money being a professional Film Actress.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2019 (Approx)||$46 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2018(Approx)||Under Review|
|Annual Salary||Under Review|
|Income Source||Actress |
Bhagyashree Personal life
Bhagyashree hails from the Patwardhan royal Marathi family of Sangli in Maharashtra. Her father, Vijay Singhrao Madhavrao Patwardhan, is the current Raja of Sangli. She is the eldest of three daughters, the other two being Madhuvanti and Purnima. She is married to Himalaya Dasani.
Himalaya Dasani was arrested for his alleged involvement in a gambling racket.
She started her acting career with Kachchi Dhoop – a television serial by Amol Palekar. It was based on Louisa May Alcott’s Little Women. Her rendezvous with acting happened by chance, when next-door neighbor Amol Palekar, a renowned actor-director, requested her to step in and act in his serial Kacchi Dhoop, as the actress who had been signed on had abandoned the serial abruptly.
She made her film debut in the 1989 blockbuster film Maine Pyaar Kiya with Salman Khan. This remains her most successful and best-known film to date. After marriage, she acted in three films: Peepat’s Qaid Main Hai Bulbul, K.C. Bokadia’s Tyagi and Mahendra Shah’s Paayal, all opposite her husband in 1992. She also acted with Avinash Wadhawan in Ghar Aaya Mera Pardesi (1993). This was her last Hindi film in the 1990s and she went on to appear in a few Tamil and Telugu films. She made her Telugu debut in the film Yuvaratna Rana (1998). She also made appearances in many television series. She returned to Hindi films in the mid-2000s appearing in Maa Santoshi Maa(2003), Humko Deewana Kar Gaye (2006) and Red Alert: The War Within (2010).
After a gap of several years, she made her comeback to television with the TV serial Laut Aao Trisha aired on Life OK from 2014 to 2015. She is also set to return to films with the Telugu remake of the 2014 Hindi film 2 States.
- Bhagyashree is the promoter of the media company Shrishti Entertainment with her husband.
- In March 2015, Bhagyashree became the brand ambassador of the Bhagyashree Scheme, launched by the Government of Maharashtra. Bhagyashree The scheme caters to girl children from below poverty line families.
|1989||Maine Pyar Kiya |
|1992||Qaid Mein Hai Bulbul|
|1993||Ghar Aaya Mera Pardesi|
Sautan Ki Sautan
Maa Santoshi Maa
Uthaile Ghoonghta Chand Dekhle
Ego Chumma Deda Sasurji
|2006||Humko Deewana Kar Gaye|
|2007||Janam Janam Ke Jismani Saath|
|2009||Zhak Marli Bayko Keli|
Red Alert: The War Within
TV Shows & Serials List
|1987||Kachchi Dhoop |
Kisse Miya Biwi Ke
|1997||Aandhi Jazbaton Ki Politician|
|1999||Didi Ka Dulha Apna Bana Lu|
|2002||Kaagaz Ki Kasti|
Tanha Dil Tanha Safar
|2003||Kabhie Kabhie |
|2009||Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 3 |
|2014–2015|| Laut Aao|
|1990||Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut for Maine Pyar Kiya||Won|
|1990||Filmfare Award for Best Actress for Maine Pyar Kiya||Nominated|
|2014|| Indian Television Academy Awards for GR8! Performer of the Year - Female for Laut Aao Trisha||Nominated|
Some Known Facts About Bhagyashree
- Does Bhagyashree smoke?: Not Known
- Does Bhagyashree drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Bhagyashree belongs to the royal family of Sangli.
- Her father is the Raja of Sangli, Maharashtra, India.
- She started her acting career in 1987 by playing the role of ‘Alka’ in the TV show ‘Kachchi Dhoop.’
- In 1990, she won the Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut for the film ‘Maine Pyar Kiya.’
- She also acted in the documentary film ‘Sunset Bollywood’ (2005).
- In her prolific career, Bhagyashree got to work in industries of different languages, like Hindi, Tamil, Kannada, Telugu, Bhojpuri, Marathi, and Bangladeshi.
- She got married to businessman Himalaya Dassani at the ripe age of 19. Her parents, however, did not attend her wedding as her father was against this marriage. Nevertheless, after the birth of her son, her parents reconciled with the couple.
- In 2009, she participated in the dance reality show ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa’ Season 3.
- She, along with her husband, is the promoter of a media company ‘Shrishti Entertainment.’
- In March 2015, she became the brand ambassador of the Bhagyashree Scheme, launched by the Government of Maharashtra. Under this scheme, the government deposits a sum of INR 21, 200 into the child’s account before she turns 1. This amount will then turn into a cash benefit of INR 10 lakh as soon as the girl completes 18 years of age.