Bhagyashree Profile, Bio, Height, Affair, Family, Wiki
Bhagyashree Patwardhan is an Indian actress. She is best known for her debut lead role in the film Maine Pyar Kiya, for which she won the Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut. She has appeared in Hindi, Kannada, Marathi, Telugu and Bhojpuri films. As a matter of fact, she is well recognized for her brilliant performance in the first movie titled as Maine Pyar Kiya. Additionally, she earned the Filmfare award for the category of Best Female Debut for the same movie.
Moreover, she is a multi-lingual actress such as Hindi, Kannada, Telugu, Marathi, and Bhojpuri movies. Initially, she started her acting career with the television series titled Kachchi Dhoop directed by Amol Palekar. Her excellent performance in this serial paved way for the other two serials namely Kisse Miya Biwi Ke and Honi Anhoni. Most prominently, she performed in three movies namely, Qaid Main Hai Bulbul, Tyagi, and Payal. In the year 1993, she took part in the movie Ghar Aaya Mera Pardesi along with the co-artist Avinash Wadhawan.
Birth date: February 23, 1969
Birth place: Maharashtra, India
Years active: 1987-present
Spouse (s): Himalaya Dasani
Zodiac sign: Pisces
Real Name Shrimant Rajkumari Bhagyashree Raj Patwardhan
Date of Birth 23rd February 1969
Age (as of October 2018) 49 years
Place of Birth Sangli (Maharashtra)
Education Graduate with Bachelor of Commerce (B. Com) degree
Bhagyashree’s net worth
According to Various Online resources, famous Film Actress Bhagyashree’s net worth is $46 Million at the age of 50 years old. Bhagyashree earned the money being a professional Film Actress.
Bhagyashree Physical Stats
Height 5 ft 4″
(163 cm) approximately
Weight 126 lbs
Hair Color Black
Eye Color Black
Family & Relationships
Father Meherban Shrimant Rajasaheb Vijaysinghrao Madhavrao Patwardhan
(King of Sangli)
Mother Shrimant Akhand Saubhagyavati Rani Rajyalakshmi Patwardhan
(Queen of Sangli)
Marital Status Married
Husband Himalaya Dassani
Bhagyashree Personal life
Bhagyashree hails from the Patwardhan royal Marathi family of Sangli in Maharashtra. Her father, Vijay Singhrao Madhavrao Patwardhan, is the current Raja of Sangli. She is the eldest of three daughters, the other two being Madhuvanti and Purnima. She is married to Himalaya Dasani.
Himalaya Dasani was arrested for his alleged involvement in a gambling racket.
She started her acting career with Kachchi Dhoop – a television serial by Amol Palekar. It was based on Louisa May Alcott’s Little Women. Her rendezvous with acting happened by chance, when next-door neighbor Amol Palekar, a renowned actor-director, requested her to step in and act in his serial Kacchi Dhoop, as the actress who had been signed on had abandoned the serial abruptly.
She made her film debut in the 1989 blockbuster film Maine Pyaar Kiya with Salman Khan. This remains her most successful and best-known film to date. After marriage, she acted in three films: Peepat’s Qaid Main Hai Bulbul, K.C. Bokadia’s Tyagi and Mahendra Shah’s Paayal, all opposite her husband in 1992. She also acted with Avinash Wadhawan in Ghar Aaya Mera Pardesi (1993). This was her last Hindi film in the 1990s and she went on to appear in a few Tamil and Telugu films. She made her Telugu debut in the film Yuvaratna Rana (1998). She also made appearances in many television series. She returned to Hindi films in the mid-2000s appearing in Maa Santoshi Maa(2003), Humko Deewana Kar Gaye (2006) and Red Alert: The War Within (2010).
After a gap of several years, she made her comeback to television with the TV serial Laut Aao Trisha aired on Life OK from 2014 to 2015. She is also set to return to films with the Telugu remake of the 2014 Hindi film 2 States.
- Bhagyashree is the promoter of the media company Shrishti Entertainment with her husband.
- In March 2015, Bhagyashree became the brand ambassador of the Bhagyashree Scheme, launched by the Government of Maharashtra. Bhagyashree The scheme caters to girl children from below poverty line families.
Year Show Role Notes
1987 Kachchi Dhoop Alka Television debut
1987 Honi Antoni
1987 Kisse Miya Biwi Ke
1999 Didi Ka Dulha Apna Bana Lu
1997 Aandhi Jazbaton Ki Politician
1999 Jaan Radha
2001 CID Nupur Episodic role
2002 Kaagaz Ki Kasti Aarti
2002 Jubilee Plus Anchor (herself)
2002 Smriti Sandhya Dhanrajgir
2002 Tanha Dil Tanha Safar
2003 Kabhie Kabhie Sanobar Kabir Episodic role
2009 Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 3 Contestant Reality dance show
2014–2015 Laut Aao Trisha Amrita Swaika
Year Film Role Notes
1989 Maine Pyar Kiya Suman Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut
Nominated—Filmfare Award for Best Actress
1992 Qaid Mein Hai Bulbul Pooja Choudhry
Tyagi Aarti Shakti Dayal
1993 Ghar Aaya Mera Pardesi Roopa
1997 Ammavra Ganda
Sautan Ki Sautan
Omkaram Shashi Telugu film
1998 Rana Dr. Kasthuri
1999 Satru Dhwansa
2002 Shotru Dhongsho Borsha/Urmi Bengali film
Maa Santoshi Maa
Uthaile Ghoonghta Chand Dekhle
Ego Chumma Deda Sasurji
2006 Humko Deewana Kar Gaye Simran Kohli Special appearance
Gandugali Kumara Rama
2007 Janam Janam Ke Jismani Saath Jyoti Bhojpuri film
2009 Zhak Marli Bayko Keli
2010 Sati Behula
Red Alert: The War Within Uma
2019 Seetharama Kalyana
- 1990 – Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut for Maine Pyar Kiya
- 1990 – Nominated, Filmfare Award for Best Actress for Maine Pyar Kiya
- 2014 – Nominated, Indian Television Academy Awards for GR8! Performer of the Year – Female for Laut Aao Trisha
Some Known Facts About Bhagyashree
- Does Bhagyashree smoke?: Not Known
- Does Bhagyashree drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Bhagyashree belongs to the royal family of Sangli.
- Her father is the Raja of Sangli, Maharashtra, India.
- She started her acting career in 1987 by playing the role of ‘Alka’ in the TV show ‘Kachchi Dhoop.’
- In 1990, she won the Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut for the film ‘Maine Pyar Kiya.’
- She also acted in the documentary film ‘Sunset Bollywood’ (2005).
- In her prolific career, Bhagyashree got to work in industries of different languages, like Hindi, Tamil, Kannada, Telugu, Bhojpuri, Marathi, and Bangladeshi.
- She got married to businessman Himalaya Dassani at the ripe age of 19. Her parents, however, did not attend her wedding as her father was against this marriage. Nevertheless, after the birth of her son, her parents reconciled with the couple.
- In 2009, she participated in the dance reality show ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa’ Season 3.
- She, along with her husband, is the promoter of a media company ‘Shrishti Entertainment.’
- In March 2015, she became the brand ambassador of the Bhagyashree Scheme, launched by the Government of Maharashtra. Under this scheme, the government deposits a sum of INR 21, 200 into the child’s account before she turns 1. This amount will then turn into a cash benefit of INR 10 lakh as soon as the girl completes 18 years of age.