Barkha Sengupta (Barkha Bisht Sengupta) is a well known Indian television actress. Born on 28 December 1979, she did her schooling from Kendriya Vidyalaya Fortwilliam in Kolkata. She completed her graduation in B.com from Symbiosis College in Pune. She attended Symbiosis College in Pune and completed her degree in Bachelors of Commerce. She began her acting career with a TV show ‘Kitni Mast Hai Zindagi’ which was broadcasted on MTV India. Later she was cast in Star Plus show ‘Pyaar Ke Do Naam-Ek Radha Ek Shyaam’. She played 3 roles on the show with the characters ‘Radhika’,’Radha’, and ‘Shyama’. She met her future husband on this show. She has worked in Hindi TV serials, Bengali, and Hindi movies and is a known face of the entertainment industry. She has lots of followers on her Instagram account from all over the world who love her immensely.
Kkavyanjali, Kasautii Zindagii Kay, Sajan Ghar Jaana Hai, Kaisa Ye Pyar Hai, Babul Ki Bitiya Chali Doli Saja Ke, Yeh Hai Aashiqui, Sankatmochan Mahabali Hanuman are few of her shows. She hosted many TV shows including reality shows like Comedy Circus Ke Ajoobe and movie-news based show ‘ Popcorn News’. Her role in Sony TV opera ‘Parvarrish – Kuchh Khattee Kuchh Meethi’ as ‘Pinky’ was appreciated by the audience. In 2017, she was seen as ‘Anjani’ in Sankatmochan Mahabali Hanuman, as ‘ Ayesha Haider ‘ in Naamkaran and as ‘Kali Maa’ in Tenali Rama.
Barkha Sengupta Bio/ Wiki
|Birth Name||Barkha Bisht Sengupta|
|Age||(as in 2023) 44 Years|
|Debut||Hindi Film (Dancer): Raajneeti (2010)|
Hindi Film (Actress): Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela (2013)
TV: Kitni Mast Hai Zindagi (2004–2005)
Bengali Film (Actress): Ami Shubhash Bolchi (2011)
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Capricorn|
|Birth Place||Hisar, Haryana, India|
|Date of Birth||28 December 1979|
|Home Town||Dehradun, India|
|Mother's Name||Not Known|
|Father's Name||Not Known|
|Sister||Aparna and Sapna|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Karan Singh Grover|
Marital Status, Husband and Children
|Husband/Spouse||Indraneil Sengupta (Actor)|
|Marriage Date||2 March 2008|
|School||Kendriya Vidyalaya Fortwilliam, Kolkata|
|College/University||Symbiosis College, Pune, India|
|Brands Endorsed||Not Known|
|Career Manager||Not Known|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters: 165 cm|
in meters: 1.65 m
in Feet Inches: 5’ 5”
|Weight (Approx.)||in Kilograms: 55 kg|
in Pounds: 121 lbs
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Not Known|
|S*xual Orientation||Not Known|
|Dress Size||Not Known|
|Shoe Size||Not Known|
|Favourite Actress||Alia Bhatt, Shraddha Kapoor|
|Favourite Actors||Tiger Shroff, Varun Dhawan|
|Favourite Colors||Yellow, Green, Pink, White|
|Favourite Book||Whiteout by Ken Follett|
Family, Education & More
She was born in Hisar, Haryana, India into a middle-class Hindu family. Her parent’s name is not known. Her father is a retired colonel and so she spent most of her childhood in military towns especially in Kolkata. She has two elder sisters named Aparna and Sapna, one being a hotel management professional and another fashion designer.
The actress shares a close bond with her family and often shares amazing pictures with them on her Instagram account. She has made her family proud by being one of the known actresses of the entertainment industry.
Barkha Sengupta Net Worth
Barkha Sengupta’s net worth is $1.5 Million – $5 Million (USD) as of 2023. Barkha Sengupta’s earnings for the year have yet to be determined, but she is likely to see an increase in pay. We are in the process of reviewing Barkha Sengupta’s salary, so check back soon. We are constantly updating this page with new financial and earning details.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||$1.5 Million – $5 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$1 Million – $5 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||$100,000 – $1 Million|
|Annual Salary||Under Review|
We use publicly available data and resources to ensure that Barkha Sengupta’s net worth estimate and wealth calculation is accurate and up to date. All net worths are fact-checked and confirmed by our users. While it’s relatively simple to predict her income, it’s harder to know Barkha Sengupta’s expenses over the years.
Noted, Currently, We don’t have enough information about Cars, Monthly/Yearly Salary, etc. We will update you soon.
Movies-TV Shows Career
She started her career on television with a show called Kitni Mast Hai Zindagi, aired on MTV India. This was followed by a show on Star Plus called Pyaar Ke Do Naam: Ek Raadha, Ek Shyaam, where she played the lead roles of Shyaama, Raadha, and Radhika.
She has also hosted a film-news based program called Popkorn on Zoom TV. She has played the lead role of Anupama in Doli Saja Ke on Sahara One channel. She also played cameo roles on the shows Kasautii Zindagii Kay, Kyaa Hoga Nimmo Kaa, and Kkavyanjali.
She participated in a reality show called Saas v/s Bahu. Her next performance was the central character Dhani in Sajan Ghar Jaana Hai. She then played the character of Hanuman’s mother Añjanā on the show Sankatmochan Mahabali Hanuman on Sony TV and also played the lead role of Prema Shalini on SAB TV’s Shrimaan Shrimati Phir Se.
She has also played the role of Bhairavi in Kaal Bhairav Rahasya Season 2. She also acted in the serials Chandragupta Maurya and Paramavatar Shri Krishna by playing the roles of Tarini, the wife of Dhana Nanda and Draupadi respectively.
She has been part of Big screen as well. In 2010, she made her Bollywood debut with the movie “Rajneeti” starring Katrina Kaif and Ranbir Kapoor. Also, she has worked in many Bengali movies like Black, Action, Villain, Ami Shubhash Bolchi, etc.
|2011||Ami Shubhash Bolchi Charulata Bose|
|2013||Goliyon Ki Raasleela|
|2014||Samrat & Co.|
|2019||PM Narendra Modi|
TV Shows & Serials List
|2004–2005|| Kitni Mast Hai Zindagi|
|2005||Kasautii Zindagii Kay|
Kaisa Ye Pyar Hai
|2006||Kyaa Hoga Nimmo Kaa|
Pyaar Ke Do Naam Ek Raadha, Ek Shyaam
|2007||Aahat - Khel Season 3 - Episode 3|
Nach Baliye 3
|2007 - 2009|| Doli Saja Ke|
|2010||Sajan Ghar Jaana Hai|
|2012||Comedy Circus Ke Ajoobe|
|2013||Parvarrish – Kuchh Khattee Kuchh Meethi|
Yeh Hai Aashiqui
|2014 - 2015|| Tum Saath Ho Jab Apne|
|2015-2017||Sankatmochan Mahabali Hanuman|
|2018||Partners - Trouble Ho Gayi Double|
Shrimaan Shrimati Phir Se
Kaal Bhairav Rahasya Season 2
- Does Barkha Bisht Sengupta smoke?: Not Known
- Does Barkha Bisht Sengupta drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Barkha won the NDA Queen beauty pageant in 2000.
- She is good friends with the famous cricketer Sourav Ganguly.
- Barkha started doing modeling assignments during her college days.
- After her modeling stint, Barkha decided to go into the acting field, but her father didn’t approve of it.
- However, she went against his will and left for Mumbai to make a career in acting. Thereafter, her father stopped talking to her, and he didn’t talk to her for almost two months. However, after the intervention of her mother and sister, he finally got convinced and started talking to her.
- While in Mumbai, she got her first TV show “Kitni Mast Hai Zindagi (2004-05).”
- During her first TV show, “Kitni Mast Hai Zindagi (2004-05),” Barkha had a fall-out with Ekta Kapoor due to some contractual issues; however, after nine years, they finally reconciled.
- She has done cameo roles in various shows such as Kasautii Zindagii Kay(2001-2008), Kyaa Hoga Nimmo Kaa (2006-2007), and Kavyanjali (2005-2006).
- Barkha met her future husband for the first time on the sets of “Pyaar Ke Do Naam…Ek Radha Ek Shyaam (Apr 2006- Sep 2006),” where both were acting opposite each other.
- Before marrying Indraneil, she was engaged to her Ex-boyfriend Karan Singh Grover, but the relationship ended in 2006.
- Apart from acting, she has also hosted shows like Comedy Circus Ke Ajoobe (2012) on Sony TV and film-based show Popkorn (2006) on Zoom TV.
- She was one of the contestants in the dance show Saas v/s Bahu (2008), aired on Sahara One.
- In the 2010 Bollywood film “Raajneeti,” Barkha appeared in the song “Ishq Barse.”
- Barkha is a staunch advocate of the philosophy- “Live and Let Live.”
- In an interview, Barkha said that she didn’t want her daughter to become an actor. She said- Acting, Maine kar li, mere husband ne kar li, ab meri beti nahi karegi.”
- Barkha essayed the role of Jashodaben (Narendra Modi‘s wife) in Narendra Modi’s biopic- PM Narendra Modi (2019).