Barack Obama, the 44th and first African-American president of the United States, served from 2009 to 2017. Obama served in the United States Senate from 2005 to 2008, representing Illinois in the Senate. Since the conclusion of Reconstruction in 1877, he was the third African American to be elected to that body. He received the Nobel Peace Prize in 2009 for his exceptional efforts to enhance international diplomacy and people-to-people interaction.
The United States’ international reputation, and the American economy, greatly improved under Obama’s presidency. Obama’s administration has received largely positive reviews, with historians, political theorists, and the general public consistently ranking him within the top tier of American presidents. Obama has stayed engaged in Democratic politics after leaving office, notably speaking at the 2020 Democratic National Convention.
Barack Obama Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||Barack Hussein Obama II|
|Age||60 years (as in 2021)|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Leo|
|Birth Place||Honolulu, Hawaii, United States|
|Date of Birth||4 August 1961|
|Residence||Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts|
Kalorama, Washington, D.C.
|Home Town||Honolulu, Hawaii, United States|
|Mother's Name||Stanley Ann Dunham|
|Father's Name||Barack Obama Sr.|
Mark Okoth Obama Ndesandjo
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Sheila Miyoshi Jager|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Wife/Spouse||Michelle Obama (1992-present)|
|Marriage Date||3 October 1992|
|College/University||Columbia University |
|Educational Qualification||Bachelors in Arts|
Juris Doctor in Law
|Profession||44th president of the United States|
|Career Manager||Not Known|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 185 cm|
in meters- 1.85 m
in Feet Inches- 6’ 1”
|Weight (Approx.)||in Kilograms - 81 kg|
in Pounds - 180 pounds
|Chest Size||43 inches|
|Biceps Size||15 inches|
|Waist Size||33 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||African-American|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Dress Size||Not Available|
|Shoe Size||12 (US)|
|Favourite Ice cream||Thomas Sweet|
|Favourite Music||Ghosts” by Bruce Springsteen|
|Favourite Color||Sky BLue|
|Favourite Book||The Age of Surveillance Capitalism: The Fight for a Human Future at the New Frontier of Power by Shoshana Zuboff|
The Anarchy: The Relentless Rise of the East India Company by William Dalrymple
Furious Hours: Murder, Fraud, and the Last Trial of Harper Lee by Casey Cep
|Favourite Movie||Ma Rainey's Black Bottom|
Obama’s father, Barack Obama, Sr., grew up as an adolescent goatherd in rural Kenya, received a scholarship to research in the United States, and finally rose through the Kenyan government ranks to become a senior economist. S. Ann Dunham, Obama’s mother, grew raised in Kansas, Texas, and Washington state before settling in Honolulu with her family. She and Barack Sr. met at a University of Hawaii Russian language course in 1960 then married just under a year thereafter.
Barack Sr. departed to study at Harvard University when Obama was two years old, and Ann and Barack Sr. separated shortly after. Obama just saw his father once again, during a short visit while he was ten years old. Ann eventually married again, this time to another international scholar from Indonesia, Lolo Soetoro, who is the father of her second child, Maya.
Obama lived in Indonesia alongside his half-sister, mom, and stepfather for many years. Obama visited a government-run institution where he obtained some Islamic education and a Catholic private school wherein he gained Christian education.
In 1971, he moved to Hawaii and stayed in a tiny apartment alongside his grandparents and mom. His mom used government food handouts for a short time, although the family generally lived in the middle class. Obama attended Punahou School, a prestigious preparatory college in Honolulu, and graduated from there in 1979.
Obama spent the next two years attending Occidental College in nearby Los Angeles before transferring to Columbia University in New York City to get a bachelor’s degree in politics in 1983.
After working for a few years as a writer cum editor at Business International Corp., Manhattan-based research, publishing, & consulting business, he moved to Chicago’s mostly destitute Far South Side in 1985 to work as a community organizer. He went back to school shortly afterward and earned a magna cum laude from Harvard Law School in 1991.
Obama met Michelle Robinson, a Chicago native while working as a summer associate at the Chicago law office Sidley Austin in 1989. In 1992, they tied the knot.
Obama relocated to Chicago after getting his law degree and then became involved in the Democratic Party. Project Vote, a voter registration effort that helped Democrat Bill Clinton win Illinois and the president in 1992, is attributed to registering thousands and thousands of African Americans.
He was elected to the Illinois Senate in 1996, where he was instrumental in passing legislation that strengthened campaign finance restrictions, provided health insurance to low-income families, and changed criminal justice and welfare laws, among other things. Obama received approximately 53% of the popular election and 365 electoral votes in the 2008 election. Hundreds of thousands of people gathered in Washington, D.C. on January 20, 2009, to see Obama take office as president.
Barack Obama Net Worth
Former US president Barack Obama’s current net worth is approximately $70 million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2019 (Approx)||$70 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2018(Approx)||$70 million|
|Annual Salary||Not Known|
|Income Source||The Obama Foundation |
Former President of US
Barack never made more than $30,000 as a professor and state legislator between 1991 and 2004. When Obama became a US Senator in 2005, his income increased to $157,100. Michelle made $273,618 in the same year.
Their entire income in 2005 was $1.65 million. Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance, Barack’s debut book, was published in 1995. The book’s popularity skyrocketed after Obama’s 2004 DNC speech, resulting in a sizable royalty windfall for the Obama family, which was reported as income in 2005.
In 2006, the Obamas had a net worth of $916,000. Barack Obama’s second book, Audacity of Hope, was a huge smash when it was launched in October 2006, selling millions of copies and bringing in $4.2 million in 2007.
Barack and Michelle Obama were given a $60 million advance in February 2017 for the joint rights to their memoirs.
Barack Obama’s basic pay as President was $400,000 per year. He also had a $150,000 spending account, a $100,000 tax-free vacation account, and a $20,000 entertainment budget at his disposal.
They paid $8.1 million for the 8,200-square-foot rental in June 2017.
- In November 1996, he was elected to the Republican-controlled Illinois Senate. Obama first ran for Congress in 1999.
- Obama helped Democrats to take control of the Illinois Senate from Republicans in November 2002.
- Obama amasses his voting record and operates as chairman of the Health and Human Services Committee between 2003 and 2004. In 2003, Obama announced his candidacy for the United States Senate.
- He got elected to the United States Senate with 70% of the vote in November.
- In January of 2005, Barack Obama files papers establishing his leadership PAC, The Hope Fund.
- In February 2007, Obama announces his candidacy for U.S. president.
- In June 2008, he becomes the Democratic Party’s presumptive nominee.
- In November 2008, he defeats Republican presidential nominee John McCain to become the first African-American president of the United States of America and the 44th president of the country.
- Obama has inaugurated the office in January 2009.
- In 2010, Obama delivers his first State of the Union speech in January.
- In 2011, Obama signs the Budget Control Act to rein in government spending.
- In 2012 Obama begins running for his second term, and in November, he wins with nearly 5 million more votes than Republican Mitt Romney.
- In 2013, Obama gets a legislative victory with a bipartisan agreement on tax increases and spending cuts, which is a step toward keeping his reelection promise of reducing the federal deficit by raising taxes on the wealthy.
- In 2014, Obama orders sanctions on Russia because of its annexation of Crimea.
- In 2016, in his final year in office, Obama tackles gun control but is met with strong opposition from both parties.
- In 2017, Obama delivers his farewell address in January in Chicago.
- On November 29, 1942, Stanley Ann Dunham was born at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas.
- When his mother Anne enrolled in a Russian course at the university, she met Barack Obama, Sr.
- Obama lived with his mother and stepfather in Indonesia after his parents got divorced and her mother remarried.
- Obama earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from Columbia University in 1983, concentrating in political science, international relations concentration, and English literature.
- He studied in Harvard Law School in 1988 and graduated with honors in 1991, earning the title of magna cum laude.
- He was the Harvard Law Review’s first Black editor.
- Obama first captured the popular eye as a political leader in 1996, five years after finishing Harvard Law School.
- Obama won to the Illinois Senate in 1996, serving Chicago’s south side. Until 2004, he was a member of the state legislature.
- Obama was 43 years of age when he was voted to the U.S. Senate in 2004.
- With 70% of the vote, he was elected.
- In October 2009, Barack Obama received the Nobel Peace Prize for his exceptional efforts in foreign diplomacy and international affairs, particularly with the Muslim world.
How tall is Obama?
Obama is 6 feet 1 inch.
Where was Obama born?
Obama was born in Honolulu, Hawaii.
What is Obama doing right now?
He is devoting time to The Obama Foundation and enjoy his time as a private citizen.
Where is Obama?
Obama currently resides in Martha’s Vineyard, Massachusetts.
How old is Obama?
Barack Obama is 60 years old.
What is the net worth of Obama?