Anushka Sharma Age, Bio, Height, Wedding, Wiki & More
Anushka Sharma is an Indian actress and film producer who has established herself as one of the most popular and highest-paid actresses in India. She made her debut opposite Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan in the movie ‘Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi’. She has since then worked with two other superstar Khans of Bollywood: opposite Amir Khan in ‘PK’ and Salman Khan in ‘Sultan’, both the films are among her highest-grossing films. She has worked with several lead actors of Bollywood, appearing alongside Shahid Kapoor in ‘Badmaash Company’; Ranveer Singh in ‘Band Baaja Baaraat’ and ‘Ladies vs Ricky Bahl’; Akshay Kumar in ‘Patiala House’; and Ranbir Kapoor in ‘Bombay Velvet’ and ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’. She has also produced the films ‘NH10’, ‘Phillauri’ and ‘Pari’ through her production company Clean Slate Films. She has designed her own line of clothing for women and has endorsement deals with several top brands. As a philanthropist, she supports gender equality and animal rights.
Her first acting role was in Aditya Chopra’s Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi (2008) opposite Shahrukh Khan. The film was a huge success and her performance was appreciated. Film critic Taran Adarsh said, “Anushka looks the character and surprises you with a confident performance. It’s no small achievement to share screen space with an actor of the caliber of SRK and Anushka manages it very well from start to end.” Her second film, Badmaash Company, also under Yash Raj Films, was released on May 7, 2010. She was praised for breaking out of the shell of the conservative and homely Taani to play the feisty and independent Bulbul, and her performance was applauded.
Anushka Sharma Family, Education & More
Anushka was born to Army Colonel Ajay Kumar Sharma and homemaker mother Ashima Sharma. His elder brother, Karnesh Sharma is a film producer and earlier he has served in Merchant Navy. In an interview, Anushka Sharma said, “I take pride in saying that I am an army officer’s daughter even more than being an actor.”
Anushka Sharma was born on 1 May 1988 in Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh. Her father, Colonel Ajay Kumar Sharma, is an army officer, and her mother, Ashima Sharma, is a homemaker. Her father is a native of Uttar Pradesh, while her mother is a Garhwali. Her elder brother is film producer Karnesh Sharma, who earlier served in the Merchant Navy. Prior to joining the navy, Karnesh played for the under-19 Bangalore Ranji cricket team. Sharma has stated that being a military brat played an important role in shaping her as a person and contributing to her life. In an interview with The Times of India in 2012, she said, “I take pride in saying that I am an army officer’s daughter even more than being an actor. She studied in Army School and graduated with a specialization in arts from Mount Carmel College, Bangalore. She then moved to Mumbai to further her modeling career. Sharma says she originally wished to make it big in the modeling world but had no strong aspirations for films. She began her modeling career at the Lakme Fashion Week as a model for Wendell Rodricks’s Les Vamps Show and was picked to be Rodricks’s finale model at the Spring Summer ’07 Collection. Since then she has done campaigns for Silk & Shine, Whisper, Nathella Jewelry, and Fiat Palio.
Husband/Spouse Virat Kohli
Parents Father- Ajay Kumar Sharma (Army officer)
Mother- Ashima Sharma
Siblings Brother- Karnesh Sharma (Merchant Navy)
Anushka Sharma Bio/Wiki
Nickname(s) Anu, Nushie
Profession(s) Actress, Producer
Anushka Sharma Height, Weight & More
Height (approx.) in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet inches- 5′ 9″
Weight (approx.) in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
Figure Measurements (approx.) 34-26-34
Eye Colour Hazel Brown
Hair Colour Black
Anushka Sharma Age, Personal Life & More
Date of Birth 1 May 1988
Age (as in 2019) 31 Years
Birthplace Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh, India
Zodiac sign/Sun sign Taurus
Hometown She basically belongs to Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh but she grew up in Bengaluru and now she is settled in Mumbai.
School Army School, Bengaluru
College/University Mount Carmel College, Bengaluru
Educational Qualification Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
Masters in Economics (Correspondence)
Debut Film: Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi (2008)
Food Habit Vegetarian
Political Inclination Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)
Address Badrinath Towers, 20th floor, Seven Bungalows, Andheri, Mumbai
Hobbies Dancing, Reading
Awards, Achievements Filmfare Awards
Best Supporting Actress Award for Jab Tak Hai Jaan (2013)
International Indian Film Academy Awards
• Best Actress Award for Band Baaja Baaraat (2011)
• Best Supporting Actress Award for Jab Tak Hai Jaan (2013)
- While paying her homage to Late Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam on twitter, she misspelled his name as “ABJ Kalam Azad”. After it, she was criticized on twitter and she deleted that tweet and posted another one, which was again wrong as she wrote “APJ Kalam Azad”. At the third attempt, she finally tweeted it correctly i.e. “Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam”.
- There was a rift in her relationship with Virat Kohli for a while in early 2016. If reports are to be believed then the reason behind it was that Virat invested a good amount of money in Anushka’s film Bombay Velvet, which unfortunately failed at the box office. And, when Virat asked about the money loss to Anushka, she felt upset. Virat even unfollowed her on Twitter and Instagram, but after a few months, they got back together.
Anushka Sharma Husband, Affairs and More
Marital Status Married
Affairs/Boyfriends Zoheb Yusuf
Ranveer Singh (Actor)
Virat Kohli (Indian Cricketer)
Marriage Date 11 December 2017
Favourite Actor Shah Rukh Khan
Favourite Actress Rani Mukerji
Favourite Film Bollywood: Jab We Met, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, Chak De! India and Dil Se
Hollywood: The Shawshank Redemption, Life Is Beautiful, In the Mood for Love, Fish Tank
Favourite Colour(s) White, Grey, Black, Navy blue
Favourite Perfume Ralph Lauren Blue
Favourite Destination(s) The Himalayas, Goa
Car Collection Range Rover SUV
Salary (approx.) ₹8 Crore/Film (as in 2018)
Net Worth (approx.) $9 Million
Some Lesser Known Facts About Anushka Sharma
- Does Anushka Sharma smoke?: No
- Does Anushka Sharma drink alcohol?: Yes
- Anushka always wanted to be a model and she came to Mumbai from Bengaluru and started her career as a model in Lakme Fashion and walked the ramp for Wendell Rodricks and did many campaigns for them.
- She was called a “not so beautiful actress” by her first producer, Aditya Chopra, while she came to give an audition to her first film, Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi.
- She came to Mumbai with her boyfriend called Zoheb, who was also trying to bag opportunities as a model. He could not make his career due to a lack of offers and returned to his native place, after which they lost their relationship due to the long distance between them.
- Shahrukh Khan said that the film “Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi” has become such a big hit due to Anushka Sharma and not because of him.
- In 2014, she underwent facial plastic surgery.
- She auctioned her leather jacket from the film Jab Tak Hai Jaan on eBay in December 2014 to help raise funds for the flood-ravaged states of Kashmir and Assam.
- Anushka met her cricket star Virat Kohli at a shampoo commercial, at which Virat got mesmerized by her and they both started dating.
- At present, the couple of Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma are said to be living together in her Mumbai home.
- She is obsessed with shoes, hair masques, shampoos, and conditioners.
- Anushka is afraid of Lizards.
- One of the most interesting things about Anushka Sharma is that she is very shy. She disclosed it in an interview. She said, ” I’m not a very confident person, I might come across like that because of my films, but I’m very very shy. It takes me time to open up and talk to people.”
- She used to be non-vegetarian but in 2015, she turned vegetarian. In the same year, she won the “Hottest Vegetarian Award” by PETA India along with actor Aamir Khan.
- She is a huge animal lover. She always takes care of street animals and birds.
- On 11 December 2017, Anushka and Virat got married in a private ceremony in Tuscany, Italy.
Who Is The Husband Of Anushka Sharma?
Is Anushka Sharma Pahadi?
Anushka Sharma Was Born On 1 May 1988 In Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh. Her Father Is A Native Of Uttar Pradesh, While Her Mother Is A Garhwali. Her Elder Brother Is Film Producer Karnesh Sharma, Who Earlier Served In The Merchant Navy. Prior To Joining The Navy, Karnesh Played For The Under-19 Bangalore Ranji Cricket Team.
Is Anushka Sharma Punjabi?
Anushka Sharma Was Born On 1 May 1988 In Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh. Her father, Colonel Ajay Kumar Sharma, Is An Army Officer, And Her Mother, Ashima Sharma, Is A Homemaker. Her Father Is A Native Of Uttar Pradesh, While Her Mother Is A Garhwali.
Can Kohli Score 100 Centuries?
Virat Kohli Has Scored 67 Centuries In International Cricket Comprises Of 42 Centuries In One Day Internationals (ODI)And 25 Centuries In Test Cricket. Kohli Has Scored 20,000+ Runs In The International Cricket Which Comprises Of 11406 Runs In The Odis, 6613 Runs In The Test Cricket And 2369 Runs In The T-20 Matches.
Where Is Kohli Born?