Amrita Rao is a well-known Indian Film Actress, Television Actress, Model, and Television Personality. She is best known for her work in Bollywood and Telugu films. One of the most popular roles of Amrita Rao was is ‘Poonam’ in the romantic film Vivah which was released in 2006.
Amrita Rao was born in a Konkani family on 7 June 1981 in Pune, Maharashtra. Her father’s name is Deepak Rao is the owner of an advertisement agency and her mother’s name is Kanchan Rao. She has a younger sister named Preetika Rao, a model, and actress. After dating for a year Amrita Rao is married to Anmol Sood who is a Radio Jockey. They got married on 15 May 2016 after seven years of a long relationship.
Amrita Rao Wiki/Bio[table id=2184 /]
Amrita Rao went to Canossa Convent Girls School to complete her school education. And later, she went to Sophia College to pursue a psychology degree but she dropped out because of her busy schedule of modeling. After getting three years of training in classical singing, she became a skilled Hindustani Classical Singer.
Amrita started her career as a model along with her sister, Preetika Rao. She has modeled at various fashion shows. Rao got her big break with the TV commercial for Fairever Face Cream. Since then, she has appeared in many advertisements for Close-up, Jolen Creme Bleach, Godrej No. 1, Fena Detergent, Wrigley Chewing Gum, Anne French, etc.
In the year 2002, Amrita Rao was seen in the music video of Alisha Chinoy, Woh Pyar Mera Woh Yaar Mera. In the same year, she made her debut as the lead actress in the film Ab Ke Baras. She got worldwide fame overnight from her next movie Ishq Vishk in 2003.
Amrita Rao Net Worth
According to Woodgram, Amrita Rao’s estimated Net Worth, Salary, Income, Cars, Lifestyles & many more details have been updated below. Let’s check, How Rich is Amrita Rao in 2023?[table id=2185 /]
Noted, Right now, We don’t have enough information about Cars, Monthly/Yearly Salary, etc. We will update soon.
- In 2006, Amrita Rao and Esha Deol were involved in a battle during the shoot of the film, “Pyare Mohan”. In an interview, Esha explained “Yes, I slapped Amrita. One day after pack-up, she abused me in front of my director, Indra Kumar, and my cameraman, and I thought that was totally out of line. To protect my self-respect and dignity, in the heat of the moment, I slapped her. I have no regrets because she totally deserved it for her behavior towards me at that point in time. I just stood up for myself and my dignity.”
- Amrita Rao denied a film offer of Yash Raj Films in 2007, where she had to kiss Ranbir Kapoor on-screen. As a result, there was a conflict between Amrita and Ranbir Kapoor.
- In the year 2018 when she criticized Wikipedia on her Twitter account for mentioning wrong information on their website.
Amrita Rao appeared in another super hit romantic movie ‘Vivah’ written and directed by Sooraj R. Barjatya in 2006. She appeared as Poonam against famous actor Shahid Kapoor and the movie got positive reviews from the critics and earned maximum gross. Then in 2008, she appeared in ‘Welcome to Sajjanpur’ which was a comedy film directed by Shyam Benegal. Truly, her character Kamla Kumharan is an exceptional role, where she presented her best to bloom her quality as a successful actress in cinema.
Amrita Rao acted in more than 25 movies most of which got fame among the public as well as in the media. Some of her other hit movies are mentioning ‘Ishq Vishk, Short Kut: The Con is On, and Satyagraha. Lately, she is filming the movie ‘Satsang’.
The flourishing actress Amrita Rao has won 8 prestigious awards as her acting rewards in her career. She got ‘Sansui Awards’ for Best Female Debut in 2004, ‘Anandalok Awards’ for Most Promising New Talent in 2007, and ‘Kolkata Kalakar Awards’ for Best Actress in Bollywood in 2012.[table id=2186 /]
Facts About Amrita Rao
- Amrita Rao was named after her grandfather, Amrit Rao, who was a freedom fighter.
- She is a close relative of actor, Guru Dutt; as her grandfather and Guru Dutt were second cousins.
- At the age of 16, Amrita had her first crush on Indian cricketer, Nayan Mongia.
- Amrita is popularly known as the “Girl-Next-Door of Bollywood”.
- In the year 2009, Rao appeared as one of the judges of the Indian reality TV show, Perfect Bride that was aired on STAR Plus.
- In the year 2010, Amrita signed a Chandraprakash Dwivedi’s film, The Legend of Kunal, with Amitabh Bachchan and Tabu. The film was not released, but she was paid.
- In the following year, She did a film with Neil Nitin Mukesh, directed by Ken Ghosh. However, the film was again not released.
- In the year 2016, Rao portrayed the character of Kalyani Gaikwad (Lata Mangeshkar) in the TV serial, Meri Awaaz Hi Pehchaan Hai.
- She was offered the role of Salman Khan’s sister in the Bollywood film, Prem Ratan Dhan Payo. She rejected the role apparently, as it had negative traits and was not interested to play the role of Salman Khan’s sister.
- Amrita Rao was also offered the role in the Hollywood film “A Knight With The King”, but she didn’t accept the offer.
- After Madhuri Dixit, Rao was chosen by the renowned painter “M. F. Husain” as his second muse and the theme of his paintings.
- She is fluent in various languages like English, Hindi, Marathi, and Konkani.
- Rao’s dream is to see herself in a black and white film.
She had to let go off some big films with a heavy heart, wasn’t comfortable with the on-screen requirements. The actor became the epitome of ‘the girl-next-door’ in the early 2000s with films such as ‘Ishq Vishq’, ‘Main Hoon Na’ and ‘Vivah’.
Both the ladies are known for their gorgeous looks. Initially, there were rumors that Preetika and Amrita are twin sisters, but it was later denied by the Vivaah actress.
Well, there are many family bonds among Bollywood celebs, which we are completely unaware of. And one of them is the connection between two B-Town beauties Deepika Padukone and Amrita Rao. Talking about their connection, Deepika Padukone’s cousin brother was married to Amrita Rao’s cousin sister. Last year, both the actresses have snapped at a wedding along in Mumbai with their hubbies Ranveer Singh and RJ Anmol respectively.
Amrita is more beautiful and hot compare to Anushka Sharma.