Amit Sharma (Director) Bio, Age, Wife, Movies, Net Worth
Amit Ravindernath Sharma is an Indian film Actor/Director, who has worked predominantly in Bollywood. Amit Sharma has worked in popular movies like Badhaai Ho, Tevar. Amit Sharma’s previous film to hit the theatres was Badhaai Ho in the year 2018. A huge name in the Indian Ad world, Amit Ravindernath Sharma is a director who has helmed over a thousand ad films. His ad film Reunion, a Google India advertisement for Google Search went viral and garnered huge appreciation across South Asia.
He made his film debut with Tevar (2015) featuring Arjun Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha, and Manoj Bajpayee in the lead. The film got a lukewarm response at the box office. His 2018 projects include Badhaai Ho starring Ayushmann Khurrana and Sanya Malhotra.
Amit Ravindernath Sharma
Amit Ravindernath Sharma is an Indian film Actor/Director, who has worked predominantly in Bollywood. Amit Sharma has worked in popular movies like Badhaai Ho, Tevar. Amit Sharma’s previous film to hit the theatres was Badhaai Ho in the year 2018.
Amit Ravindernath Sharma Bio/Wiki
Full Name Amit Ravindernath Sharma
Profession(s) Film Director and Ad Filmmaker
Famous For Directing ‘Badhaai Ho'(2018)
Amit Ravindernath Sharma is a director and producer, known for Badhaai Ho (2018), Tevar (2015) and Maidaan (2020). A huge name in the Indian Ad world, Amit Ravindernath Sharma is a director who has helmed over a thousand ad films. His ad film Reunion, a Google India advertisement for Google Search went viral and garnered huge appreciation across South Asia. He made his film debut with Tevar (2015) featuring Arjun Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha, and Manoj Bajpayee in the lead. The film got a lukewarm response at the box office. His 2018 projects include Badhaai Ho starring Ayushmann Khurrana and Sanya Malhotra.
Family, Education & More
Amit Ravindernath Sharma Wife/Spouse Aleya Sen Sharma
Amit Ravindernath Sharma Children Son- Rosh Sharma
Parents Father- Ravindernath Sharma (Retired government employee)
Mother- Name Not Known, Died in a car accident in 2008 (Worked at the engineering department of Doordarshan)
Siblings Sister- Name Not Known (Elder)
Amit Ravindernath Sharma was born in a Punjabi Brahmin family. His father Ravindernath Sharma worked as a government employee. His mother worked for the engineering department of Doordarshan and died in a car accident in 2008. He has an elder sister. Amit met Aleya Sen at the age of 21. She was his first girlfriend. In 2004, the couple got married and is blessed with a son, Rosh.
Height, Weight & More
Amit Ravindernath Sharma Height (approx.) in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
Amit Ravindernath Sharma Weight (approx.) 72 Kg
in pounds 158lb
Eye Colour Black
Hair Colour Salt & Pepper
He lives in Mumbai and is 28 years old. We don’t know whether he is married or not. Amit Sharma’s height 5ft6″ or 1.76 meters and his weight 72 Kg or 158lb. He misses his mother the most who is no longer in this world.
Amit Ravindernath Sharma Age, Personal Life & More
Date of Birth 13 April 1980 (Sunday)
Amit Ravindernath Sharma Age (Amit Ravindernath Sharma Age as in 2020) 40 Years
Zodiac sign Aries
School Govt Co-Ed Sr Sec School Lajpat Nagar-I in New Delhi
Caste Punjabi Brahmin
Food Habit Non-Vegetarian
Address Office Address: Extn. Near Country Club, Lotus Grandeur, 1,2,3,4 18th Floor, Off Veera Desai Road, Andheri West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400053
Hobbies Travelling, Playing Cricket, and Playing Squash
Amit Ravindernath Sharma Net Worth
Amit Ravindernath Sharma Net Worth: $51 million
Amit Ravindernath Sharma is an Indian director and producer working predominantly as a director of television commercials. In feature films, he is best known for the 2018 film Badhaai Ho, which was one of the highest-grossing Bollywood films of 2018, having earned ₹220.34 crores ($31 million) as of December 2018.
Amit Ravindernath Sharma Wife, Affairs and More
Marital Status Married
Affairs/Girlfriends (Now Wife) Aleya Sen (Co-founder of Chrome Pictures)
Marriage Date Year 2004
Favourite Film Genre Drama
Favourite Actor Amitabh Bachchan
Favourite Singer Shreya Ghoshal and Guru Randhawa
- Amit Ravindernath Sharma was born in Delhi, India to parents who worked for the government. While still in school, he connected with film director Pradeep Sarkar and was invited to shoot an advert in Manali. After graduating, he worked with Sarkar for six years before moving to Mumbai in 2001.
- Between 2005 and 2015, Sharma directed over 900 advertisements, including those for Google, Coca-Cola, and Amazon.
- In 2011, he directed an advert entitled ‘The Silent National Anthem’ featured deaf and mute ‘singing’ the Jana Gana Mana through sign language, and won a silver award at the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
- A 2013 advert for Lifebuoy focused on hygiene in Indian villages and won Gold at the Spikes Asia awards later that year.
- The most well-known advert he directed is perhaps the Google Reunion advert from November 2013, which told the fictional story about the reunion of two elderly men, one from India and one from Pakistan, who were childhood friends but were separated as children during the Partition of India. The ad had a strong impact in both countries, leading to hopes that travel restrictions between the two countries might be eased, and the video garnered over 1.6 million views on YouTube before debuting on television. In 2014, Sharma was invited by producer Boney Kapoor to direct Tevar, a remake of the 2003 Telugu film Okkadu, starring Arjun Kapoor. The film generally received poor reviews.
- In 2016, Sharma was elected on the Cannes Lions Craft Jury.
- Amit Ravindernath Sharma worked as the director on Badhaai Ho, which began shooting in late 2017 and starred Ayushmann Khurrana and Neena Gupta. Sharma’s production company Chrome Pictures produced the film alongside Junglee Pictures, and it was released on 18 October 2018. The film became the seventh-highest opening weekend grosser of 2018 and earned ₹220.34 crores ($31 million) worldwide.
- Sharma is set to direct an upcoming film about the life and career of Syed Abdul Rahim, also produced by Boney Kapoor. It is due to start filming in mid-2019.
Some Known Facts About Amit Ravindernath Sharma
- Amit Ravindernath Sharma is a film director and ad filmmaker.
- He wanted to become an actor since his school days. He used to participate in almost every school plays.
- He was introduced to the director Pradeep Sarkar through one of his mother’s friends. In an interview, he shared this incident, he said, I managed to connect with Pradeep Sarkar, who was also making freelance films. After ten days, I get a call saying come to this studio and if you have a girlfriend, bring her along too. I never had a girlfriend, so I reached there and on the way outside the studio, there were two girls passing by and I asked them, ‘Do you want to act?’ And they both were like ya. I said, ‘Come with me.’ And I took both of them inside.”
- Amit Ravindernath Sharma got an offer to work in the TV commercial of Limca, as a junior artist. Later, Pradeep Sarkar cast him as a lead model in an ad film that was shot in Manali. In an interview, he shared this story, he said
- It took me 18 hours to reach Manali, but my shoot got over in just 2 hours. It was October 9, my mother’s birthday, and I had faced the camera for the first time. I didn’t want to go back and told dada, ‘I want to stay back and work with you.’ He allowed me to stay back and while in school, I remained in touch with him after which, I joined him.”
- Amit Ravindernath Sharma worked with Pradeep Sarkar for almost six years. He shifted from Delhi to Mumbai along with Pradeep Sarkar in 2001.
- In 2003, Amit decided to start his own company. In the same year, he founded ‘Chrome Pictures’ along with his girlfriend (now wife) Aleya Sen Sharma and childhood friend Hemant Bhandari.
- He has directed more than 1500 ad films including Amazon, P&G, Visa Debit Card, Lifebuoy, Cadbury, Honda, HUL, Nestle, Sony, Samsung, and Tata Sky.
- In 2011, he directed an advertisement ‘The Silent National Anthem,’ in which deaf and mute kids enacted ‘Jana Gana Mana’ through sign language. He received an award at the ‘Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity’ for this advertisement.
- His directorial ad for ‘Lifebuoy’ in 2013 received a gold medal at the ‘Spikes Asia Awards.’
- In 2013, he received the title of ‘contemporary greatest hits of Indian advertising’ by Economic Times for his advertisement ‘Google Reunion,’ based on the Partition of India.
- Amit Ravindernath Sharma has worked as a director in Bollywood films like Tevar (2015), Badhaai Ho (2018), and Maidaan (2020).
- Amit Ravindernath Sharma considers Pradeep Sarkar and Shoojit Sircar as his gurus. In an interview, he said, I had learned directly from Pradeep da and production from Shoojit sir and we started making ad films. Pradeep da bahut Kamaal ke aadmi hain. When he made Parineeta in 2004, he called me to assist him. But I was getting married to Aleya at that time. I called her and told her that dada was asking me to push my wedding and she was okay. I then called my mother who said, ‘Are you mad? There is no date for another year.’ I decided to get married to Aleya instead of working on Parineeta.”
- He shared the story of a mishappening in his family in an interview, he said, In 2008, my parents and both the kids of my sister were to go for a wedding from Delhi to Jind in Haryana for a family wedding. My father’s driver had gone on a holiday. I was shooting in South Africa, so I called my father and insisted on sending them in a hired car. They left Delhi at 8.30 am and an hour later, the driver slept off and they met with an accident that took my mother away from me. I miss her.”
- After his mother’s death, Amit and his sister convinced their father to remarry. In an interview, he shared this incident, he said, My sister and I, without his knowledge, registered him on a marriage website to find a match for him. It took us four years to convince him, but we finally did and got him remarried. I told him, ‘Papa, why are you thinking about what people will think? They are not going to look after you.’ He said, ‘You used to love your mother the most and still you are asking me to remarry?’ I reminded him how one day it was my mother who had jokingly told him, ‘If something happens to me, you should get married.’ I have now bought him a house and he lives there.”
- In an interview, Amit said that his mother always supported him to join the film industry. He further said, My mother worked for the engineering department of Doordarshan and unlike my father, who was a complete film buff, she had no interest in films so much so that while she would go with him every Friday to see the latest film, by interval, she would be fast asleep in the hall. But ironically, I came into this industry because of my mother. So once when I came back home from school, my mother called me to ask, ‘Modelling Karega? Acting Karega?’ She would read every word in the newspapers and she had seen an ad asking for models for serials.”
- In an interview, Amit Ravindernath Sharma revealed that the 2018 film ‘Badhaai Ho’ is inspired by his real-life. He said, My grandmother and great-grandmother were pregnant at the same time. So what you see in the film has been a part of my family story too.”
- He received an appreciation letter for his film ‘Badhaai Ho’ (2018) from the legendary actor, Amitabh Bachchan.
- He has received many awards for the film ‘Badhaai Ho’ including the 66th National Film Awards in 2019.
- In 2019, he appeared in ‘The Kapil Sharma Show’ along with the team of ‘Badhaai Ho.’