Amanda Seyfried is an American actress, recognized for her performances in movies like ‘Mean Girls’ and ‘Jennifer’s Body.’ Beginning her career as a model when she was just 11, she eventually branched out into acting when she was a teenager. Beginning with secondary characters in TV series, she got her big-screen debut as ‘Karen Smith’ in the teen comedy movie ‘Mean Girls.’ This performance brought her mainstream popularity and set her as an actor in the American film industry. She is also well-known for her depiction of ‘Lilly Kane’ in the TV series ‘Veronica Mars.’ Though famous for her beauty and s*x appeal, Amanda protests to be typecast as just another pretty face.
The talented and energetic actor loves stimulating herself by taking up a type of character that forces her to move out of her comfort zone. These roles also give her a chance to develop her acting skills. She has done comedies, horrors, dramas, sensual thrillers, and romantic movies among other genres. She has nevermore failed to impress the audience with her excellent performances. In addition to being an actress, she is also a singer. She has added to the soundtracks of some of her movies.
Amanda Seyfried Wiki/Bio[table id=1897 /]
Seyfried was born in Allentown, Pennsylvania. Her father, Jack, served as a pharmacist, and her mother, Ann, was a professional therapist. Seyfried turned up in a close-knit family, “My older sister, Jenn, is similar to my best friend,” she has stated. “My parents are yet together. They were astonishing parents.”
Seyfried began modeling at age 11 and performed on the covers of three Francine Pascal books. By the following year, Seyfried was modeling for the retail company The Limited Too with future Gossip Girl actress Leighton Meester.
From an immature age, Seyfried experienced anxiety attacks. She declared these were assets, “That variety of anxiety in me, that passion, was helpful,” she said Allure. “I accept it in my acting. It’s something I don’t need to give up feeling because it provides me an advantage.”
Seyfried studied opera with a voice coach through her teen years. On the acting front, her first contract role came at age 15, playing Lucinda Marie “Lucy” Montgomery on the soap opera As the World Turns (2000). She next performed as Joni Stafford on another soap opera, All My Children (2002).
Her acting responsibilities meant she dropped a lot of classes at William Allen High School in Allentown, Pennsylvania, though she still maintained to graduate in 2003. She obtained a place at Fordham University in New York City, before a career-changing role in a teen flick turned her plans.
Amanda Seyfried Net Worth
Amanda Seyfried has a net worth of $16 million.[table id=1898 /]
She made her big-screen debut in 2004, representing Karen Smith in “Mean Girls” which grossed $130 million at the box office. While acting on “Big Love,” Amanda filmed many movies, including “Jennifer’s Body” (2009), “Dear John” (2010), and “Letters to Juliet” (2010).
In 2008, she co-starred with Meryl Streep in “Mamma Mia!,” which starred the songs of ABBA and took in $615.7 million at the box office. The sequel, “Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again,” was also a victory with a worldwide gross of $395 million, and Seyfried performed on the soundtracks for both films.
In 2011, Amanda performed the lead role in “Red Riding Hood” and drew up with Justin Timberlake in the science fiction movie “In Time,” then starred in the film arrangement of her favorite musical, “Les Misérables,” as Cosette. The film earned $441.8 million at the box office and won dozens of awards.
In 2010, Amanda paid $1.7 million for a 1,585 square foot condo in NYC’s Greenwich Village, and the next year, she bought a home in the Beachwood Canyon area of Los Angeles from her “Jennifer’s Body” co-star Adam Brody for $1.85 million. Seyfried also has a rustic farmhouse in the Catskills that holds a barn (which has been turned into a guesthouse) and a stable for her goats and horses.
Movies And TV Shows – Career
- Amanda Seyfried quit modeling to concentrate on her acting career. After performing a few minor characters in some TV series, she was cast as ‘Karen Smith,’ a dim-witted girl, in the teen movie ‘Mean Girls’ (2004). The film was a box office hit and raised Amanda’s popularity.
- She then auditioned to perform the title character in the TV series ‘Veronica Mars.’ Though she didn’t land the role, she was finally cast as the title character’s best friend ‘Lilly Kane.’ She played this character in 11 episodes from 2004 to 2006.
- Around this time, she also experimented with cinema and played supporting characters in movies like ‘Nine Lives’ (2005) and ‘American Gun’ (2005).
- In 2006, she performed in five episodes of the TV series ‘Wildfire.’
- With her acting career on a roll, she performed in numerous films in the late-2000s. Among her major film projects were ‘Mamma Mia!’ (2008) where she played ‘Sophie.’
- In 2009, she appeared in ‘Jennifer’s Body’ in which she played ‘Anita.’
- In 2010, she appeared in the romantic drama-war film ‘Dear John’ which was an evolution of Nicholas Sparks’ 2006 novel of the same name. The film became a commercial hit even though it got negative reviews from critics.
- Being a skilled singer, Amanda Seyfried has also added to the soundtracks of several films, such as ‘Mamma Mia!’ and ‘Dear John.’
- The 2010s started on a positive note for the young actor as she remained busy with many interesting projects.
- In 2011, she performed in the movie ‘In Time’ where she worked ‘Sylvia Weis.’ She then portrayed ‘Cosette’ in ‘Les Misérables’ in 2012.
- In 2013, she performed important roles in ‘The Big Wedding’ and ‘Lovelace.’
- She was part of the ensemble cast that appeared in the western comedy film ‘A Million Ways to Die in the West.’ The film, which was a moderate success, starred actors like Charlize Theron, Neil Patrick Harris, Giovanni Ribisi, Sarah Silverman, and Liam Neeson.
- She co-starred with Mark Wahlberg and Seth MacFarlane in the 2015 comedy film ‘Ted 2,’ in which she performed ‘Samantha Jackson,’ a lawyer addicted to marijuana. Even though the film was panned by the critics, it became a huge commercial success, grossing more than $216 million at the box office.
- From 2006 to 2011 she sounded ‘Sarah Henrickson’ in the ‘HBO’ drama series ‘Big Love.’
- She was then seen opposite Ethan Hawk in the critically praised 2017 movie ‘First Reformed.’ The movie performed moderately at the box-office, and was selected at the 74th ‘Venice International Film Festival.’
- The same year, she was also seen in ‘The Last Word.’
- In 2018, she starred beside an ensemble cast, including Meryl Streep, Brosnan, and Christine Baranski in the jukebox musical romantic comedy film ‘Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again.’ It was both a critical and commercial success, earning a whopping $395 million against a budget of $75 million.
- In 2019, she performed in the comedy-drama film ‘The Art of Racing in the Rain.’ The same year, she was cast to play important roles in movies like ‘A Mouthful of Air,’ ‘Things Heard and Seen,’ and ‘Mank.’
Facts About Amanda Seyfried
- Amanda Seyfried began her career as a child model when she was 11.
- Amanda undergoes from anxiety and panic attacks.
- She has managed as a waitress before.
- She left her college after getting a role in the movie Mean Girls.
- She has an Australian shepherd pet dog – Finn.
- In 2003, Seyfried auditioned for the character of Regina George in the movie “Mean Girls” but that performance was offered to Rachel McAdams.
- Her older sister, Jennifer Seyfried is a musician in the Philadelphia organ-driven rock band – Love City.
- Amanda loves dancing, singing, painting, and playing tennis.
- She favors lipstick over lip gloss.
- Amanda loves to collect taxidermy (the animal’s body).
- She also loves to collect jeans, no matter how expensive they are.
- She is also a qualified classical singer.
- As a child, her celebrity crush was actor Leonardo DiCaprio.
- If not an actress, Amanda Seyfried’s alternative career option may have been meteorology.
They have certain features that are similar, such as hair and eye color and lip shape. However, when comparing them side by side with no makeup, it’s clear one looks much younger than the other. Gemma is 32 years old, Amanda is 34. So not much actual difference. But Gemma looks much younger than Amanda when both have no makeup.
Amanda Seyfried really can sing. A trained soprano, Seyfried stunned audiences with her performances as Cosette in the film adaptation of Les Misérables and as Sophie in the big-screen version of Mamma Mia, and on stage, she recently debuted off-Broadway in Neil LaBute’s The Way We Get By.
Yes, absolutely. And not just because I’m a fan of hers, either. Obviously, how one defines the parameters required to measure intelligence objectively are subjective and relative, I think when compared to most of the human population, Amanda is generally speaking quite intelligent.
Ask me in ten years. At first, I didn’t think she would have a long career but I underestimated her. I won’t do the same mistake twice.