Alia Bhatt is an actress and singer of Indian origin and British citizenship. She performs mainly in Hindi movies. Born in Mumbai, she is the daughter of well-known Indian filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt and his British-born wife Soni Razdan. Disclosed to the show business at a young age, she appeared as a child artist in the movie ‘Sangharsh.’ A few years later, she played one of the main roles in the film ‘Student of the Year’. Directed by Karan Johar, the film was a profitable success and became one of the highest-grossing films of the year.
Her performance was praised and she earned a Filmfare Award nomination in the ‘Best Female Debut’ category. She next appeared in the road drama ‘Highway’ where she played the role of a rich girl kidnapped by goons. Her most recent works include the romantic comedy film ‘Badrinath ki Dulhania’ and the espionage thriller ‘Raazi.’ She had a cameo appearance in the film ‘Welcome To New York’. Also a singer, Bhatt has sung a few songs in her films. In addition to her acting and singing career, she launched her own fashion label for the online retailer Jabong.com.
Alia Bhatt Bio/ Wiki
[table id=1422 /]
Family – Father, Mother, Sister, and Brother
Alia was born on 15 March 1993 in Mumbai to Indian film director Mahesh Bhatt and actress Soni Razdan. Her father is of Gujarati descent and her mother is of Kashmiri Pandit and German ancestry. Director Nanabhai Bhatt is her paternal grandfather.
She has an elder sister, Shaheen (born 1988), and two half-siblings, Pooja Bhatt and Rahul Bhatt. Actor Emraan Hashmi and director Mohit Suri are her paternal cousins, while producer Mukesh Bhatt is her uncle.
Bhatt was educated at the Jamnabai Narsee School in Mumbai. She holds British citizenship. Bhatt’s first acting role was as a child artist in Sangharsh (1999), starring Akshay Kumar and Preity Zinta where she played the younger version of Zinta’s character.
Alia Bhatt Net Worth
Alia Bhatt’s annual income in 2023 is more than $22 million. Alia Bhatt Net Worth is $20 million in 2022. Aaliya Bhatt charges at least 2 crores for a movie.
Alia Bhatt’s income is growing at 10% every year. Alia Bhatt started her career with the Movie Students of the Year which was released in 2012. Alia Bhatt had become famous in the hearts of people in his early career. Due to which Alia Bhatt gets money asking for her face today. Big directors want to cast Alia Bhatt in their movies. For which they have to pay up to 5 crore rupees to Alia Bhatt.
[table id=1423 /]
Alia Bhatt’s income can also be gauged through her social media followers. Alia Bhatt also does pay Ads on her social media accounts, for which she charges up to 20 lakh rupees.
Alia Bhatt Movies – Career
- In her childhood, Alia Bhatt did her first acting debut through the movie Sangharsh (1999) as a child role of Prety Zinta.
- She did first leading role from the movie Student of the Year co-starring Sidharth Malhotra & Varun Dhawan directed by Karna Johar in 2012. It was a commercially successful movie for her.
- After that, Alia Bhatt did the collaboration with Dharma Production’s next releases.
- Alia Bhatt made her strong stand in Bollywood with three films releasing in the year 2014. She featured in movies Highway (2014), 2 States (2014), and Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhaniya (2014). In the movie Highway, she did the role of a lonely teenage girl co-starring with Randeep Hooda. So, she got a huge appreciation for acting as she was newcomers to Bollywood Film Industry.
- In Indian romantic movie 2 states, she played the role of a Tamil brahmin girl who studies in IIM Ahmedabad and falls in love with a rich Punjabi boy. It was based on the novel 2 states: The Story of My Marriage written by Chetan Bhagat. Moreover, the same year she appeared in the movie Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhaniya along with Varun Dhawan and Siddharth Shukla. It became a second big proud moment for Actress Alia Bhatt.
- Following the year 2015, she did romantic comedy movie Shaandaar along with Sahid Kapoor which received poor reviews from critics and box-office.
- In 2016, she did an outstanding performance in three movies Kapoor & Sons, Udta Punjab, and Dear Zindgi. In Movie Kapoor & Sons, Actress Alia Bhatt played the role of a young girl with buried past along with Bollywood stars Sidharth Malhotra and Fawad Khan.
- Moreover, the next film Udta Punjab was along with Shahid Kapoor in which she played the role of poor Bihari girl. Her acting in that film praised by critics and is marked as the best acting of actress Alia Bhatt till that moment.
- In the year of 2017, she featured in romantic comedy movie Badrinath Ki Dulhaniya along with Varun Dhawan. Also, again it was a commercially successful movie for actress Alia Bhatt. It became the highest-grossing movie of that year with ₹1.95 billion gross.
- In the movie Razzi, Alia Bhatt has played the role of young girl Shehmat who is an undercover intelligence officer for RAW. Her acting in that movie earned several awards for Best Actress. Moreover, It became the highest-grossing Hindi film featuring the Female protagonist.
- In 2019, she became a female cast of movie Gully Boy. Brahmastra, Kalank, Takht, and Sadak. In a movie, Gully Boy Alia Bhatt is co-starring with Ranveer Singh. Moreover, the movie Brahmastra is along with Amitabh Bachchan, Ranbeer Kapoor, and Mouni Roy.
- In Kalank’s movie, actress Alia Bhatt is featured with Madhuri Dixit, Varun Dhawan, Aditya Roy Kapur, and Sanjay Dutt. Additionally, Alia is the female cast of historical movie Takht along with Kareena Kapoor and Ranveer Singh.
- Also, Alia is the female cast of historical movie Takht along with Kareena Kapoor and Ranveer Singh.
[table id=1424 /]
Alia Bhatt Awards
[table id=1425 /]
What You Should Know About Alia Bhatt
- Does Alia Bhatt smoke?: Not Known
- Does Alia Bhatt drink alcohol?: Yes
- Alia is the daughter of a Gujarati-Hindu father and a Kashmiri-German-Muslim mother.When she was just 2 years old, she expressed her desire to become an actress.
- In the film ‘Sanghrash’ (1999), in which she played the younger Preity Zinta, she made her debut as a child artist.
- Mahesh Bhatt was never to direct or produce her debut film.
- She screen-tested with Ranbir Kapoor for Balika Vadhu when she was 15 years old.
- She used to be overweight, but she lost around 16 kg of weight after getting trained by a personal trainer for 3 months under a strict diet in order to land a glamorous role in her debut film.
- She beat 400 girls at the auditions to get the lead role in ‘Student of the Year.’
- She turned singer in 2014 and sang the soundtrack to the film Highway.
- An animal lover, she campaigns for PETA to raise awareness about homeless animals.
- Alia is scared of darkness, and that’s why she sleeps at night with lights on.
- She prefers to drink cold beverages over hot ones.
- She has a habit of smelling her fingers.
- Alia has a habit of writing diary entries every night.
- It is Alia’s belief that she is a very lazy person and can sleep for more than 12 hours at a time.
- She likes to use men’s perfumes only.
- She has a naturally flexible body and can twist her body parts very easily.
- She gets very nervous while traveling by air.
- She can’t afford to have a meal without curd as she is so addicted to it.
- When she was 11 years old, she met Ranbir Kapoor for the first time, and ever since, she has had a crush on him.
What Is The Age Of Alia Bhatt?
Why Is Alia Bhatt So Famous?
An Actress Who Chose To Not Rely On Her Home Production To Build A Career At A Young Age, Alia Has Come Up As A Self-made Woman. She Has Won Critics Best Actress Award For ‘highway’ And Also The Filmfare Award For The Best Actress In A Leading Role Category For ‘Udta Punjab’.