Aleksandar Kolarov, born 10 November 1985, is a former Serbian professional football player. Kolarov was predominantly a left-back but could also play anywhere along the left side and as a center-back. He was renowned for his overlapping offensive runs on the wings, his strong left-footed ball-striking ability, and his precision from free kicks. In 2011, he received the Serbian Player of the Year award.
Kolarov started his professional career at Red Star Belgrade, however, he was unsuccessful and switched to ukariki in 2004. He joined OFK Beograd two years later before making his first international move, signing with Lazio in Serie A, where he won the Coppa Italia and Supercoppa Italiana in 2009.
Aleksandar Kolarov Bio/Wiki
[table id=5256 /]
- Coppa Italia: 2008–09
- Supercoppa Italiana: 2009
- Premier League: 2011–12, 2013–14
- FA Cup: 2010–11; runner-up: 2012–13
- Football League Cup: 2013–14, 2015–16
- FA Community Shield: 2012
- Serie A: 2020–21
- Coppa Italia: 2021–22
- Supercoppa Italiana: 2021
- UEFA European Under-21 Championship runner-up: 2007
Aleksandar Kolarov Net Worth
The range of Aleksandar Kolarov’s net worth or income is thought to be between €40,000,000. However, his major occupation as a soccer player has brought him a significant amount of wealth.
[table id=5255 /]
Aleksandar Kolarov FIFA 22 Stats
In FIFA 22, Aleksandar Kolarov has an overall rating of 77 and his potential is also 77.
[table id=5254 /]
Aleksandar Kolarov Club Career
- 2004 saw Kolarov, then 18 years old, relocate across Belgrade to ukariki, a team competing in the elite Serbia-Montenegro League.
- He signed a three-year deal, spent the 2003–04 season in the club’s development system, and joined the senior team during the summer of 2004.
- The rookie, who made 27 league games in his first season, made a terrific impression but was unable to save the struggling squad from relegation.
- Kolarov began the 2005–06 season playing for UKARIKI in the second-tier league competition, but he controversially switched to top-tier league side OFK Beograd during the winter break.
In February 2006, Kolarov moved to OFK Beograd, where he concluded the season and scored his first league goal.
- Kolarov was transferred from OFK Beograd to Italian club Lazio in the summer of 2007 for a price of €925,000.
- Lazio finished third in the Serie A standings the previous season.
- On September 30, 2007, Kolarov scored his first goal for Lazio at the Stadio Oreste Granillo in Reggio Calabria.
- He fired a rocket from 38 meters away to secure a draw against lowly Reggina.
- The 21-year-old Serbian also played in the UEFA Champions League for the first time during his first season in Rome, making his debut on October 24, 2007, away against Werder Bremen in a 2-1 triumph.
- Kolarov became Lazio’s first-choice left defender in his second season in Italy after scoring an incredible goal against Lecce at the Stadio Via del Mare.
- Kolarov joined Manchester City on July 24, 2010, for a rumoured transfer cost of £16 million, it was revealed.
- Kolarov made his Premier League debut on August 14 at White Hart Lane in a scoreless draw with Tottenham Hotspur.
- In a 4-2 FA Cup victory against Leicester City on January 18, 2011, Kolarov scored his first goal for the team.
- On February 2, 2011, Kolarov scored his first Premier League goal with a free kick in a 2-2 draw with Birmingham City.
- He participated in the whole ninety minutes of City’s 2011 FA Cup victory.
- Kolarov’s importance in the team was diminished after Gal Clichy joined the team in the summer of 2011, and he lost out on first-team opportunities.
- He scored City’s equalizer against Napoli on September 14, 2011, in the team’s opening Champions League group stage encounter, which ended in a 1-1 draw for City.
- He started and played the entire 90 minutes as a left defender for Blackburn Rovers on October 1, 2011, in an 0-4 away Premier League triumph at Ewood Park.
- He added a second goal on March 31, 2012, as City rallied from a 3-1 deficit to defeat Sunderland at home and secure a point.
- He completed the 2011–12 Premier League season with 12 league appearances, which was sufficient for a medal as Manchester City won the championship in thrilling fashion on the last day of the regular season.
- Roma announced on July 22, 2017, that they have paid €5 million to acquire Kolarov for a three-year contract.
- On August 20, Kolarov made his club debut and scored the game-winning goal in a 1-0 victory over Atalanta.
- He scored in a 3-3 tie with Chelsea on October 18 in the UEFA Champions League.
- He scored the game-winning goal in a 1-0 victory over Torino four days later.
- Kolarov scored his first goal of the 2018–19 campaign on September 26 in a 4-0 victory over Frosinone.
- He became just the second player in history to score for both teams in a Rome derby on September 29 when he scored in a 3-1 victory over his old club and city rivals Lazio.
- Kolarov reportedly signed a one-year contract with Inter Milan on September 8, 2020, with a €1.5 million option to extend it for an additional year.
- Kolarov competed on the victorious Serbia under-21 team that advanced to the Netherlands 2007 U-21 Championships final.
- Kolarov was selected for the UEFA Team of the Tournament as a crucial part of that squad.
- He scored a long-range free kick during the semifinal match against Belgium.
- In addition, he played a significant part in the UEFA Euro 2012 qualifications and friendlies.
- He also represented Serbia at the 2010 FIFA World Cup.
- Kolarov finally received the Serbian Footballer of the Year title in recognition of a strong 2011.
- Kolarov scored his first goal for Serbia on September 11, 2012, in a 6-1 victory against Wales in a World Cup qualifying match.
He is currently 38 years old (as of 2023).
He is 187 cm tall.
He plays as a defender.
His net worth is €40,000,000 (as of 2023).