Aditya Roy Kapur is a well-known Indian film actor. He mainly works in Hindi-language movies. He came into the limelight after portraying the lead role of Rahul Jaykar in the romantic film Aashiqui 2, which was also the most commercial successful movie of that year.
Aditya Roy Kapoor was born in Hindu Khatri family on 16 November 1985 in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. He was born to Kumud Roy Kapur, a producer and mother Salome Roy Kapur, a former model. Roy’s grandfather, Raghupat Roy Kapur, was a film producer. He has two elder brother, Siddharth Roy Kapur, is a producer and CEO of UTV Motion Pictures, and Kunal Roy Kapur, is also a producer. Aditya was rumoured to be dating Rhea Chakraborty. He was in a relationship with Shraddha Kapoor. Though, the duo separated as Shraddha’s parents never accepted Aditya. He is reported to be in a relationship with Diva Dhawan, a fashion model.
Aditya Roy Kapur Wiki/Bio[table id=2461 /]
Aditya Roy Kapur completed his schooling from Mumbai’s GD Somani Memorial School. His mother was a drama teacher in the same school. He was not great in studies and even failed his 6th and 11th standard. Roy aspired to be a cricketer from his school days and began taking cricket coaching. But, Roy left his coaching classes when he was in 6th standard. He ended his graduation from St. Xavier’s College in Mumbai.
After completing his graduation, he began his career as a VJ (Video Jockey) on Channel V where his different style of hosting and perfect comic timing made him immensely famous in the fans. While he was serving as a VJ he got a call for the audition for a movie. Then, Adityamade his Bollywood debut in the year 2009 by portraying a small role in the film London Dreams.
Aditya Roy Kapur Net Worth
According to Woodgram, Aditya Roy Kapur has an estimated net worth of INR 150 crores.[table id=2462 /]
Next, Aditya appeared in a supporting role for the movie of Action Replayy along with Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Akshay Kumar. But Kapur got his big breakthrough after performed in Bollywood’s one of the most successful and romantic movie Aashiqui 2 along with newcomer Shraddha Kapor.
After that, Kapur made a strong position in Bollywood and his performance was critically acclaimed. Following Kapur worked as lead actor in many notable movies including Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani, Fitoor, Daawat-e-Ishq, Ok Jaanu, Welcome To New York and many more.
Recently, Kapur performed in Abhishek Varman’s directed period drama movie Kalank along with Sanjay Dutt, Madhuri Dixit, Alia Bhatt, Sonakshi Sinha, and Varun Dhawan. Early this year, He was also seen as lead actor in Mohit Suri’s directed film Malang along with Disha Patani. The movie also stars Anil Kapoor and Kunal Kemmu. Later, in the same year he acted in Sadak 2 snd Ludo.[table id=2463 /]
Facts About Aditya Roy Kapur
- Does Aditya Roy Kapur smoke?: No
- Does Aditya Roy Kapur drink alcohol?: Yes
- He was born into a well-established family to a Jewish mother and a Punjabi father.
- Aditya’s father was an army man who met his mother at a bar when he was posted in Kashmir.
- Aditya’s grandfather migrated from Lahore, Pakistan to Mumbai in the 1940s, where he served as a film producer.
- Prior to starting the cinem, Aditya took diction classes to improve his Hindi accent.
- For his film Fitoor, Aditya denied 2 big projects, but the movie didn’t do well at the box-office.
- Aditya said that he desires his dream girl to smell like an angel and also she should have big and soulful eyes and a perfect nose.
- Actress Vidya Balan is his sister-in-law, as she is the wife of his elder brother Siddharth.
- The film Aashiqui 2 was originally proposed to Tiger Shroff, but later it went to Aditya.
- Aditya is a very lazy person and favors waking up late in the morning. He sometimes wakes up at lunchtime.
- Kapur loves playing the guitar and also plays in some band.
- Aditya is a food buff and his weakness is street food.
- If not an actor, Aditya would have been a cricketer, a musician or a VJ.
- Kapur is addicted to coffee and can’t stay without it.
- He is mad about ice creams and used to eat half a kilo of ice-cream every night.
- To stay healthy and fit, Kapur works out 5 times a week. He said that he loves playing football rather than running on a treadmill.
He has good control of speed he can talk very fast and very slow depending on how the scene needs to be potrayed without loosing meaning of the Dailogues. While he is not a complete transformer he does enough work to physically appear different in each movie. He’s a good dancer.
Ranbir Kapoor is more famous actor than Aditya Roy Kapur because of his different acting style and selection movies like Savaria and Bombay Velvet.
Aditya Roy Kapoor never had a growing acting career. Whatever films he did he got becuase of his brother Siddhartha Roy Kapoor. He is nowhere close to being an actor. He seems to have realized and the filmmakers too. Nepotism can get you chances but cannot make you successful and there are so many of these kind of examples in Bollywood.
38 years (16 November 1985).