Abhay Singh Deol widely known as Abhay Deol is a well-known Indian actor and producer. He mainly works in Hindi language movies. Born in the famous Deol family of the Hindi cinema, he started acting at a young age in theater productions at his school. Abhay made his on-screen acting debut in the year 2005 with Imtiaz Ali’s romantic comedy film Socha Na Tha.
Abhay Deol was born into a Jat family on 15 March 1976 in Mumbai, Maharastra, India. He was born to Ajit Singh Deol and Usha Deol. Abhay is the nephew of actor Dharmendra, and the cousin of Bobby Deol, Sunny Deol, Ahana Deol, and Esha Deol. Abhay dated Preeti Desai who was a Miss Great Britain in 2006.
Abhay Deol Wiki/Bio[table id=2425 /]
After completing schooling he enrolled in the University of Mumbai to pursue graduation but later dropped. Then he went to The City College of New York and did a course in acting and theatre. Abhay Deol made his film debut in the 2005 film, Socha Na Tha which was produced by his uncle. The film got him good reviews for his performance but it did not do well at the box office.
His 2nd movie was Ahista Ahista in 2006 which was also a box office failure but got him great critical reviews. In 2007, he appeared in Honeymoon Travels Pvt. Ltd. which has a multi-star cast and has appeared to be his first major box office hit. Abhay had 2 more releases in the year, the thriller Manorama Six Feet Under and the crime movie Ek Chalis Ki Last Local.
Abhay Deol Net Worth
According to Woodgram, Abhay Deol’s estimated Net Worth, Salary, Income, Cars, Lifestyles & much more details has been updated below. Let’s check, How Rich is Abhay Deol in 2023?[table id=2426 /]
- Abhay was not pleased about being part of Aisha in 2010, also starring Sonam Kapoor. According to him, the movie deflected from its path and had more to do with costumes than acting.
- Abhay attended the event of Screen Awards 2014 with a black eye. He explained it as a sign of protest against music label T-Series for not releasing the music of his film One By Two.
- Deol criticized some of the Bollywood actors for supporting fairness creams with a series of Facebook posts in 2017, including SRK, Deepika Padukone, Vidya Balan, Sonam Kapoor, Shahid Kapoor, Sidharth Malhotra, etc. In reply to it, Sonam Kapoor, had an online dispute with him, telling him that his cousin Esha Deol had also done the same ad.
His sole release of 2008 was the black comedy movie Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye! which was Directed by Dibakar Banerjee, the movie had Deol represent a compulsive thief, Lovinder Singh (Lucky). Abhay’s breakthrough performance came in 2009 when he played the role of the titular character in Anurag Kashyap’s 2009 neo-noir movie Dev.D, a modern-day adaptation of Sarat Chandra Chattopadhyay’s classic Bengali romance novel Devdas.
He performed alongside Tannishtha Chatterjee in Road, Movie. Abhay made a cameo character for an Item number in the film Tera Kya Hoga Johnny in the year 2010. In the same year, he played the role of Arjun Burman, an investment banker alongside Sonam Kapoor’s eponymous lead in the ensemble romantic comedy Aisha.
In the next year, he starred in Zoya Akhtar’s ensemble comedy-drama road movie Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara alongside Hrithik Roshan, Farhan Akhtar, Katrina Kaif, and Kalki Koechlin. Abhay had 2 releases in 2012, both of which were political thrillers first one was Prakash Jha’s Chakravyuh, and the second was Dibakar Banerjee’s Shanghai.[table id=2427 /]
Facts About Abhay Deol
- Does Abhay Deol drink alcohol?: Yes
- Does Abhay Deol smoke?: Yes
- Abhay used to live in a joint family and was so close to Dharmendra that he grew up calling his parents, Usha Aunty and Ajit Uncle.
- Due to his dimples, he got the nickname Dimpy.
- Abhay received the Best Actor Award at the Mahindra Indo-American Arts Council Film Festival in New York for his performance in Manorama Six Feet Under in 2007.
- Deol is scared of Cockroaches.
- Abhay got training in deep-sea diving for his character in the movie Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara.
- In the year 2014, Abhay faced a financial crisis after his first production movie One By Two performed badly at the box-office. As a result, he had to sell his Juhu flat worth INR 2-4 crore to take care of his financial problems.
- Abhay was on the cover of Man’s World and Time Out Mumbai, heading Fresh Face of Indian Movies.
45 years (15 March 1976).
His debut film was Socha Na Tha in 2005.