Manchester United’s Zlatan Ibrahimović is a Swedish footballer of ace talent. In 2016, he retired from international football after serving as captain of the Swedish football team for several years. He is renowned for his strength, precision, and speed. Ibrahimovic is one of the most prolific strikers in the world. In his football career, he won 33 trophies, making him the second-most decorated active footballer of all time. From the beginning of his career, in the late ’90s, he was utilized by the Swedish national team due to his ability and skills.
In addition, he is Sweden’s top scorer in international competitions with over 100 goals from plus 100 appearances. In addition to his national team’s participation at the 2002 and 2006 world cups, he has also played at multiple European championships. The Golden Ball award, Sweden’s highest honor for a footballer, has been awarded to him 11 times. Several publications ranked him among the top three footballers of our time, including The Guardian, which listed Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo among the top three. According to a leading Swedish newspaper, Dagens Nyheter, he was ranked second best Swedish sportsperson ever, after Bjorn Borg.
Zlatan Ibrahimović Wiki/Bio
|Birth Name||Zlatan Ibrahimović|
|Nick Name||• Ibra|
|Age||40 (as in 2021) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Libra|
|Birth Place||Malmö, Sweden|
|Date of Birth||3 October 1981|
|Residence||Lived in Malmö Municipality|
|Home Town||Malmö, Sweden|
Outside of Manchester, England
|Hobbies||Listening to Music, Watching Movies,Taekwondo|
|Professional Debut||In 1999 for Malmö FF|
|Coach/Mentor||Mino Raiola (Manager)|
|Records (main ones)/Achievements||• Ibrahimović is one of the ten players who have made more than 100 appearances for Swedish football team, he is country's all time leading goalscorer with 62 goals.|
• He has been awarded Guldbollen(The Golden Ball) given to the Swedish player of the year, he got this ball for record ten times, incorporating nine consecutive times from 2007 to 2015.
• In 2007 and 2009 He was selected in UEFA team of the Year.
• In December 2013, as per "The Guardian" he was one of the three best players in the world at rank 3, after Lionel Messi and Christiano Ronaldo.
• His spectacular bicycle kick won him FIFA Puskás Award for Goal of the Year in 2013.
• In December 2014, Swedish Newspaper Dagens Nyheter named him the second greatest Swedish sportsperson of all time, after tennis player Björn Borg.
• At the time of his four seasons stay at PSG, Ibrahimović won four consecutive Ligue 1 titles, three Coupes de la Ligue, two Coupes de France and was the top scorer in Ligue 1 for three seasons.
• In 2015, he became the PSG's all time leading goalscorer with 156 goals in 180 matches.
|Career Turning Point||• When he played for Ajax, and helped Ajax won Eredivisie title in 2001-02.|
• Ibrahimović scored two goals in 2-1 victory over French Champions Lyon in 2002 UEFA Champions League.
|Mother's Name||Jurka Gravić|
|Father's Name||Šefik Ibrahimović|
|Brother||• Aleksander Ibrahimovic|
• Sapko Ibrahimovic (Older Half-Brother)
|Sister||• Monika Ibrahimovic|
• MonikaVioleta Ibrahimovic
• Selma Ibrahimovic
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Maria Olhage (2000-2002)|
• Helena Seger (2001-Present)
• Erika Johnson (2002)
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Children||Two son with Helena seger|
• Maximilian, born in 2006
• Vincent born in 2008.
|Educational Qualification||Not Available|
|Profession||Swedish Professional Footballer|
|Brands Endorsed||• Nike|
• Vitamin Well Sports
• Microsoft Xbox
|Career Manager||Mino Raiola|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 195 cm|
in meters- 1.95 m
in Feet Inches- 6’ 5”
|Weight (Approx.)||in Kilograms- 85 kg|
in Pounds- 187 lbs
|Chest Size||42 Inches|
|Biceps Size||15 Inches|
|Waist Size||35 Inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||White Swedish|
|Dress Size||Not Available|
|Favorite Song||One Love by Bob Marley|
|Favorite Movie||Scarface, All movies of Al Pacino|
|Favorite Footballer||Diego Maradona|
|Favorite Holiday Destination||Malmo|
|Controversies||• In 2004, Ibrahimović bruised Ajax teammate Rafael van der Vaart, who later accused Ibrahimović of hurting him deliberately.|
• Ibrahimović threatened him to break his both legs.
At the time of his Barcelona spell, Ibrahimović had quarrel with coach Pep Guardiola, later he humiliated Guardiola.
• In 2010, Ibrahimović was caught in a fistfight with Milan teammate Oguchi Onyewu, Ibrahimović battered him on head and even he suffered rib injury.
• In 2011, he punched Bari defender Marco Rossi in the stomach during a game, resulted in Ibrahimović's three match ban.
• In February 2012, he slapped Napoli player Salvatore Aronica and again got three match ban.
• In November 2012, he kicked AS Saint-Étienne goalkeeper Stéphane Ruffier in the chest and got two match ban.
Sefik Ibrahimovic and Jurka Gravic, two Muslim Bosnian immigrants from Malmo, Sweden, gave birth to Zlatan Ibrahimović on 3rd October 1981. There were few basic necessities available to the family. To make matters worse, Zlatan’s parents separated at just 2 years of age. Despite this, Zlatan’s family managed to provide him with a decent upbringing while he was growing up.
Upon receiving a pair of football boots on his 6th birthday, Zlatan began playing football. Zlatan began shaping himself as a young man to become a part of the national team when he was around the late 80s. Bullying was part of his school life, and he was involved in a lot of theft, which he eventually owned up to, saying that he got caught up in stealing bicycles whenever he got the chance.
When he was a child, Zlatan played for Malmo BI and FBK Balkan. In his teenage years, he played soccer for a local club, Malmo FF. Despite his talent, he didn’t earn enough to survive and quit playing soccer to work at a dock to earn money. He was encouraged to pursue further opportunities by his manager, and the rest is history.
Zlatan Ibrahimović Net Worth
|Estimated Net Worth in 2020 (Approx)||$190 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2019(Approx)||$165 Million|
|Annual Salary||$35 Million|
|Cars Collection||• Porsche 918 Spyder - (₦300 million)|
• Ferrari Monza SP2 - (₦648.13 Million)
• Ferrari LaFerrari - (₦533.68 Million)
• Ferrari Enzo Ferrari - (₦762.4 Million)
• Ferrari 488 Pista - (₦125.8 Million)
• Lamborghini Urus SUV
• Porsche 911 Targa 4S Heritage Design Edition- ₦151 Million ($395,300)
|Income Source||Swedish Professional Footballer|
Zlatan Ibrahimović has a net worth of $190 million. Among the greatest strikers of all time, Ibrahimovi* is widely regarded. A world-class footballer, he holds many awards.
He earned a peak salary of $35 million for Manchester United. Last year, he earned $27 million at Manchester United. When he joined the LA Galaxy in 2018, he accepted a $1.4 million salary.
Ibrahimović and Seger live in a mansion in Beverly Hills, California with their sons and their dog. Ibrahimović also has a home in Malmö.
- Throughout his career, Zlatan Ibrahimović’s skills made him a rising domestic level player and earned him the opportunity to represent Sweden, Bosnia, Croatia, or Herzegovina internationally, but he selected Sweden instead.
- The match ended in a draw. A year later, he made his international debut against the Faroe Islands. Later that year, when Azerbaijan played in a world cup qualifier, he scored his first international goal to help his team win 3-0.
- Ibrahimovic joined Ajax in July 2001 and began his career in the premier league. It was two years later in 2004 that he won the Award for ‘Goal of the Tournament’ in his first Champions League appearance for Ajax. The 2004 Champions League ended up being his final campaign for Ajax due to controversy. After joining Juventus, he played for the Italian club.
- In 2002, Zlatan Ibrahimović was a member of the Swedish national team, which was eliminated early in the competition. Sweden’s national football hero, Ibrahimovic, scored three goals in UEFA European League 2004 Qualifying.
- As a result of his four goals, his team beat Malta 7-0 in the World Cup Qualifying round of 2006. While Sweden qualified for the round of 16, its world cup experience was not memorable as Germany knocked them out of the tournament.
- He signed with Internazionale in 2006 and won numerous awards for his aggressive style of play, including the Italian Oscar del Carcio and the Swedish Guldbollen.
- UEFA named him a team of the year in 2007 and 2009 for his club.
- Zlatan Ibrahimović was unable to continue playing for Juventus and eventually moved to Internazionale due to a decline in performance. He scored 25 individual goals in the 2008-2009 season, becoming the leading scorer for the Series A.
- He eventually signed with Barcelona and scored 11 goals and made 8 assists in the first 15 matches for the Catalan club in the 2009 Championship League. Milan signed him in September 2010 and in just six months he scored 13 goals and had eight assists in the Championship League.
- His goal against Malta was crucial to Sweden’s victory in the 2010 World Cup qualifier. With that performance, he contributed to his team’s 2-1 victory against Hungary.
- Zlatan Ibrahimović was named the captain of Sweden’s national team in the Euro 2012 qualifying tournament, but his team lost in the group stage itself despite a brilliant performance. During a match against France, he struck the winning goal with a volley and earned a place on the ‘Team of the Tournament.
- Ibrahimovic scored eight goals during the 2014 world cup qualifier tournament for Sweden. There was no World Cup for his team. Ibrahimovic scored his 50th international goal against Estonia in 2014. Ibrahimovic announced his retirement from international football during Sweden’s final match at the 2014 Euro qualifiers.
- Manchester United signed him in July 2016 after he switched from club to club. In his Premier League debut match, he scored a total of 20 goals in the tournament. Zlatan Ibrahimović won his very first major title in form of Europa League 2016 and was named in the ‘Squad of the Season.’
Facts About Zlatan Ibrahimović
- Does Zlatan Ibrahimović smoke?: No
- Does Zlatan Ibrahimović drink Alcohol?: Yes
- Soccer was Zlatan’s first sport at age six.
- His goal total for his national team Sweden is more than 60 and for his entire career, he totaled 396 in 681 appearances.
- He met his mother in Sweden, who was catholic, whose father had immigrated from Bosnia. Her family also immigrated from Croatia to Sweden.
- When Zlatan decided to work at the Malmö docs at the age of 15, he was about to give up soccer. He was advised against it by his coach.
- Ronaldo, the Brazilian footballer, is his favorite player.
- In his opinion, Muhammad Ali, the American boxer, is his role model.
- The Bosnian, English, Spanish, and Italian that Ibrahimovic* speaks are Swedish, Bosnian, English, and Spanish.
- As part of the Nike ad campaign, he appeared alongside Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, and Wayne Rooney.
- The Swedish national football team for the intellectually disabled traveled to Brazil in 2014 with the US $51,000 donated by Mr. Lindell.
- During the match against Caen in February 2015, Zlatan removed his shirt to reveal the names of 50 people who suffer from starvation around the globe.
- A few of Ibrahimovi’s teammates like Rafael van der Vaart, Mido, Oguchi Onyewu, as well as coach Pep Guardiola, and many others, have been involved in violent incidents with him.
- As a result of dating girls, Ibrahimovi* remains in the news. Zlatan Ibrahimović and Maria Olhage dated for a year before they became engaged in 2001 after dating for 8 months. A few years later, the couple divorced.
- Helena Seger (2001-Present) had been his girlfriend for a long time. The couple also has two children.
When did Zlatan get married?
Helena Seger has been Zlatan Ibrahimović’s long-time partner for over a decade. Zlatan and Helena first met back in 2002, but due to her distrust of his cockiness, she refused to date him. Ibrahimovic was eventually able to persuade her to give him a chance and, ever since they have been together.
What religion is Ibrahimovic?
Zlatan Ibrahimović, I Am Zlatan, from his autobiography. Ibrahimović was born on 3 October 1981 in Malmö, Sweden. As a boy, he lived in Bosnia with his Muslim father, *efik Ibrahimovi*, and his Catholic mother, *Jurka Gravi*, who fled to Sweden in 1977.
What is Zlatan Ibrahimović real name?
Is Ibrahimovic an Albanian?
“Balkan roots,” Ibrahimovic captioned the snap of Zlatan, who has Bosnian and Croatian heritage. His dad was a Bosniak Muslim, and his mum is Croat Catholic with partial Albanian ancestry. Despite their separate emigrations, Ibrahimovic’s parents met in Sweden.
Will Zlatan play World Cup 2022?
The FIFA World Cup had, seemingly, seen the last of a player more polarising than the Vuvuzela. Zlatan, however, doesn’t do scripts. The 39-year-old recently announced he was returning to the Sweden fold for Qatar 2022 qualifying – and like only he could.