Currently playing as a striker for AS Monaco and the French national team, Wissam Ben Yedder is one of the most prominent French professional footballers of all time. A former amateur UJA Alfortville player, he joined Toulouse in 2010, having begun his career with amateurs UJA Alfortville. It was through him that he overtook André-Pierre Gignac as the greatest scorer of the league in the 21st century when he scored 71 goals in 174 games for them.
In 2016, he signed a three-year contract with Sevilla for a fee of €10 million and scored 70 goals in 138 games in that period. As a result of his €40 million moves to Monaco in 2019, he was the top scorer in Ligue 1 in his first season back at the club. Ben Yedder has represented France at both the under-21 and futsal levels at an international level. He made his full international debut for France in March of this year.
Wissam Ben Yedder Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||Wissam Ben Yedder|
|Age||31 (as in 2022) Years|
|Religion||Wissam Ben Yedder's family are devout Muslims by their religious beliefs. Nevertheless, there is some evidence that Ben Yedder is a Jew due to the fact that his name is Ben.|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Leo|
|Born Place||Sarcelles, France|
|Date of Birth||12 August 1990|
|Home Town||Sarcelles, France|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Horse Riding|
|Mother's Name||Not Available|
|Father's Name||Not Available|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Marriage Date||Not Available|
|Marriage Place||Not Available|
|Children||Daughters- Not Available|
Sons- Not Available
|Educational Qualification||Not Available|
|Career Manager/ Player Agent||Sport Cover|
|Debut Club||• 2019: AS Monaco|
• 2016: Sevilla FC
• 2010: Toulouse
|Debut International||• 2018: French national football team|
|Jersey Number||• 10 (AS Monaco)|
• 22 (French national football team)
|Current Team(s)||• AS Monaco|
• French national football team
|Position||Attack - Centre-Forward|
|Foot||Left and Right (both)|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm|
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet inches- 5’7”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 68 kg|
in pounds- 150 lbs
|Chest Size||36 inches|
|Biceps Size||12 inches|
|Waist Size||29 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Tunisian|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Distinctive Features||Not Available|
|Dress Size||8 U.S.|
|Shoe Size||10 U.S.|
|Favorite Playing Position||Forward|
|Favorite Food||Italian Food|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||iPhone/Apple|
The Wissam Ben Yedder Biography here gives you additional details about his Childhood Story, Early Life, Parents, Family, Wife to be, Lifestyle, Net Worth and Personal Life. We are going to share with you the full story of a football genius known by the nickname “BenyeGOAL.” in a nutshell.
From the days when he began his career to the time when he became well-known in the game, we follow his progress. In order to give you a taste of the engaging nature of Wissam Ben Yedder’s biography, here is a pictorial summary of his life.
The fact that he is a prolific striker who is a supremely talented player with a keen eye for goal is no secret at all. However, the Biography of Wissam Ben Yedder is only a few of those that have taken the time to read it, which is quite interesting. Without further ado, I’d like to begin with the discussion.
Wissam Ben Yedder was born in Sarcelles, France on the 12th of August 1990. His parents were Tunisians. His beautiful and talented parents, who are from Tunisia, have a French national with Tunisian roots. He is the fourth child of a family of six children.
It is believed that Wissam Ben Yedder grew up in Sarcelles, France, alongside his childhood friend and fellow footballer, Riyad Pilahrez. At that time, his neighborhood of Sarcelles, a commune in the northern suburbs of Paris, was notorious for a series of violent acts from which the residents of African migrant families suffered the most.
Yedder grew up in one of the toughest neighborhoods in the French capital, where he experienced a tough upbringing that saw him overcome many obstacles. Due to repeated violence, his parents were forced, out of fear, to move their family to a nearby town named Garges-les-Gonesse.
During his time at Garges-les-Gonesse, Ben Yedder took up playing Football as a source of solace away from his own troubles. In Garges-les-Gonesse where he first started kicking a soccer ball a long time ago, Wissam Ben Yedder had the same dream as thousands of other children growing up in Garges-les-Gonesse, to play professional football as a professional. Football has been occupying his mind since he was a very young child.
In the mornings, if we did not have to go to school, he would usually wake me up at eight o’clock in the morning and tell me to come to play against him.”
Ben Yedder’s childhood friend Daniel Mendy told SoFoot magazine about Ben Yedder. It was not uncommon for Ben Yedder to play the game in the rain and snow, something which was not always approved of by his parents.
He would most of the time complain to his parents about how he was endangering his health as well as how late he always came home after playing football (UEFA reports).
As opposed to playing with children of his own age, Ben Yedder was always looking for opportunities to play at a higher level in order to challenge himself. His most vivid memory as a child was when he was asked to play with the older boys by the children’s mother, who said:
“Hey, we want you to play on our team. We’d love to have you.”
This gave little Ben Yedder a great deal of pride and the desire to keep doing what he excels at. After a short time, however, he had already decided that he would begin a career.
It is not very well known to many football fans, but Ben Yedder’s love of the game and his insatiable appetite led to him joining a variant form of football called “Futsar”.
This is a kind of football activity that is played on a hard court that is smaller than the actual football pitch, and it happens mostly inside. As soon as Ben Yedder joined the club, he was quick to make an impression thanks to his skills, which were perfectly suited to the indoor game.
Ben Yedder was one of the most skilled players in the tournament. He possessed a faultless first touch, technical dexterity, a low center of gravity, and the capability to finish. As he grew in the game, Ben Yedder was able to help his Futsal teammates win football tournaments between estates, and over the years, he helped his teammates win many tournaments.
As a teenager, Ben Yedder continued to have fun with futsal at the Gymnase Allende Neruda in Garges-les-Gonesse until he reached his midteen years. I am very very very surprised at the number of people on this planet who can claim to have seen Wissam Ben Yedder had a good time on a futsal field, compared to YOU who are reading this article.
In just a few short years after the turn of the new millennium, Ben Yedder began to rethink whether to continue playing Futsal or switch over to football. It took Ben Yedder until 2006 for him to realize that football and NOT futsal were his true calling. After seeing the French team making it into the finals of the 2006 World Cup, Wissam Ben Yedder had a complete change of heart.
It was in 2007 that Wissam Ben Yedder decided to move to Saint-Denis where he dedicated himself exclusively to playing football on grass, a decision which eventually paid off. The Saint-Denis native honed his skills at Saint-Denis, earning him a senior career call-up. Because of the wealth of experience Ben Yedder had gained during his time with Futsal, it was easy for him to make the transition to senior football.
Originally, this happened with another French club, WA Alfortville, which played in France’s amateur fourth tier at the time. Ben Yedder became the subject of transfers to top French clubs after he scored goals after goals.
In his career, one of the most memorable moments was the day he performed a miracle in front of an admirer. In this narrative, we will share what happened. On one blessed day, Michel Moulin, a former sporting advisor at Paris Saint-Germain who had ties to Toulouse, a top-tier French club, instantly fell under the spell of a man known for scoring goals, Ben Yedder. Giving the account of his story, he once said:
“I was told about a young player that was a phenomenon and was eager to go watch him play. I gave him a chance and I told them after 15 minutes, ‘LILLE, you have brought something special to this team.”
During an interview with RMC Sport, Moulin explained the situation. Mouline unsuccessfully sought to sign Ben Yedder before he was snatched up by Toulouse, thanks to a phone call from Toulouse president Olivier Sadran. It has been a long road for the Seville forward since he left the suburbs of Paris. Since leaving the football club he has seen his career go from strength to strength.
In Champions League play against Manchester United on March 13 2018 Ben’s redder made his international debut as a substitute and scored two brilliant goals against the league leaders. It was this feat that gained him a call-up to the French national team and also made top European clubs beg for his signature, among them was Manchester United. I guess the rest, as they say, is history.
With his rise to prominence, there has been no denying the fact that football fans have asked if he has a girlfriend, whom Wissam Ben Yedder’s wife is, or any other questions regarding his relationships. There is no strong female presence in Wissam Ben Yedder’s social media posts at the time I am writing this article, other than a picture with a mysterious blonde who appears to be his wife from all indications.
I am assuming that, based on the date that the photo was published on social media, the two lovers have been together since after June 2017. The information you get about Wissam Ben Yedder’s personal life would help you to get a complete picture of him.
I would like to begin by saying that Ben Yedder has a special motto in life which is “To keep smiling”. In spite of the present circumstances, he believes in faith and self-belief even when things are not going well. Like the rest of us, soccer players also love their pets, and Ben Yedder is no exception to that rule.
Even though there is a saying that there is no loyalty left in modern-day games, it surely doesn’t take into account the special relationships shared between Wissam Ben Yedder and his pet dolphin. Despite this, Ben Yedder has a real passion for horses. In his own words, he is a “Philippe, which is a name that refers to a person who is a horse lover.”
The secret to Wissam Ben Yedder’s success can be attributed to his upbringing in his family home and also to his Futsal education.
With the Wissam Ben Yedder family members, there is never a dull moment when they get together occasionally during their holidays in Tunisia. His commitment to making sure that his father, mother, brothers, and sisters are comfortable can be equated with his commitment to his career.
It seems that all the members of Wissam Ben Yedder’s family are devout Muslims by their religious beliefs. Nevertheless, there is some evidence that Ben Yedder is a Jew due to the fact that his name is Ben.
Wissam Ben Yedder earns a healthy salary from his professional career as a football player. Even though earning millions of Euros doesn’t necessarily translate to a glamorous lifestyle, as can be seen in the case of C Ronaldo and Mario Balotelli. They prefer to look casual or simple, rather than dressing up to the nines.
The only picture that Ben Yedder has posted on Instagram is one of him flying in a helicopter that he rented during his summer vacation. In conclusion, Wissam Ben Yedder has chosen to live a healthy lifestyle over the years. There is a chance that you have heard of Ben Yedder as a player who is adept at shooting with both feet, and scoring goals with his feet.
However, you might not be aware of the fact that he has also become proficient in boxing, a form of hidden sport to which he sometimes devotes his time. Ben Tedder had once broken his right foot while he was a teenager. When he broke his right foot he could not wait for recovery. He turned up for training with the lower half of his right leg in a plaster cast.
Ben Tedder, who had his left foot amputated about a year ago, decided to go to hardcore training with the foot he still had rather than watch from the sidelines as he awaited his recovery. As soon as the cast was removed from his right foot, he was insistent on using his left as well, seeing it as equally important as his right. This can be explained as the reason why, just like Pedro, he scores great goals with his left foot whenever he uses it.
Wissam Ben Yedder Net Worth
How much does he earn in 2022?
The striker signed a contract with Monaco in August of this year that will earn him a staggering salary of 4.2 Million Euros (3.6 Million Pounds) a year. As we have crunched the numbers, the result is that he earns €11,507 (£10,006) per day and €479 (£417) per hour!
Salary & Net Worth Updated 2022
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||€19 million (£16 million)|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||Not Available|
|Annual Salary||4.2 Million Euros (3.6 Million Pounds)|
|Per Month Salary||€350,000 (£304,348)|
|Per Week Salary||€80,769 (£70,234)|
|Per Day Salary||€11,507 (£10,006)|
|Per Hour Salary||€479 (£417)|
|Per Minute Salary||€8 (£7)|
|Current Contract||With AS Monaco|
|Contract Signed||Aug 14, 2019|
|Contract Expires||Jun 30, 2024|
|Contract Signing Amount or Transfer Fee||$42.7 Million|
|Market Value||$30.00 Million|
|Highest Market Value||$53.50 Million (Mar 13, 2020)|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
In his professional career, the French international began with Toulouse and ended up playing for the Spanish side Sevilla before returning to France with AS Monaco. In spite of his age, the 31-year-old striker is still in high demand as reflected by his market value of $30.00 million. In addition to playing at the top level for over a decade, he has generated a net worth of €19,000,000 (£16,000,000).
Wissam Ben Yedder In FIFA 2022
The 31-year-old Issam Ben Yedder plays as a striker for AS Monaco in France and is currently 31 years old. In FIFA 22, he has an overall rating of 83 with a potential score of 83. Yedder has an overall skill move rating of 4. He prefers to shoot with his right foot when shooting. His workrates are High / Low. Yedder’s height according to our database is 170 cm, and his weight according to our database is estimated to be 68 kg. Wissam Ben Yedder is currently playing with numbers 22 and 10 at the moment.
His best stats are:
- Balance: 91
- Agility: 91
- Att. Position: 89
- Ball Control: 87
- Dribbling: 87
- He was born in Sarcelles, the Ile-de-France state of France, and is of Tunisian descent.
- One of their childhood friends he had was Riyad Mahrez. Ben Yedder began his career at the local UJA Alfortville in the fourth-tier Championnat de France Amateur in 2010 before moving to Toulouse of the Ligue 1 in 2012.
- He made his professional debut on 16 October 2010 when he came on to replace Yannis Tafer for the last 29 minutes of the 0-2 loss at home to Paris Saint-Germain.
- In the first two seasons of his career he made 13 substitute appearances during which he scored his first goal for Toulouse: ten minutes after coming on in place of Paulo Machado, he equalized in the end in a 2–1 defeat against Evian.
- Following that, Ben Yedder went on to score 15, 16, and 14 goals in three successive Ligue 1 campaigns.
- On 10 August 2012, in the first match of the season, he came on for Pantxi Sirieix at halftime and equalized for a 1-1 draw against Montpellier, the reigning champions at the time.
- During the last match of the campaign, on 26 May 2013, he scored both goals in a win against Montpellier in the reverse fixture.
- The 30th November 2013 saw Ben Yedder score a hat-trick in a 5-1 home win over Sochaux.
- On 17 May 2014, he completed another treble by scoring all three goals as Toulouse finished the season with a 3–1 victory over Valenciennes.
- In a 3-3 draw against Caen on 20 September 2014, Ben Yedder scored a penalty for the away team.
- With that, he is now Toulouse’s top scorer in the league, surpassing André-Pierre Gignac as the one who has scored the most goals in Ligue 1 in the 21st century.
- On 19 December 2015, he reached the milestone of 50 goals in the competition when he scored the opening goal in the 1-1 draw at home against Lille.
- A few days later, on 9 January, he scored another hat-trick in a 3–1 win against a fellow struggler, Reims.
- According to reports, Ben Yedder signed a five-year contract with Spanish club Sevilla on July 30, 2016, for a reported €9 million fee.
- In addition to being an unused substitute in their UEFA Super Cup loss to Real Madrid on 9 August, he also made his debut five days later, replacing fellow new signing Luciano Vietto during the final 29 minutes of their 0–2 defeat to Barcelona in the first leg of the domestic equivalent.
- On the 20th of August, he started in his first La Liga game and scored a goal in a game against Espanyol at the Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán Stadium.
- As a part of Sevilla’s 14–2 aggregate Copa del Rey win over Tercera División club Formentera in December 2016, Ben Yedder scored five goals, including a hat-trick in the 9–1 home victory in the second leg.
- He became, along with Barcelona’s Lionel Messi, the tournament’s top scorer that season with this haul. A hat-trick was registered by him in a 4–0 La Liga win over Real Sociedad on 7 January 2017.
- As part of Sevilla’s 2017-18 UEFA Champions League campaign, Ben Yedder scored all three goals in a 3-1 group stage win over Slovenia’s Maribor on 26 September, marking his first hat-trick in the competition.
- Having scored twice in the first half as Sevilla overturned a 0-3 deficit at halftime to draw with Liverpool on 21 November, he then mocked AC Milan over Twitter, that same team having lost the 2005 UEFA Champions League Final to Liverpool in a similar fashion.
- Ben Yedder scored two goals in four minutes during Sevilla’s 2–1 win over Manchester United at Old Trafford in the second leg of the 2017–18 UEFA Champions League round of 16 against Manchester United on 13 March 2018. It was Sevilla’s first Champions League quarter-final ever, and it was the first time since 1958.
- It was in September of 2018 that Ben Yedder scored five goals in three days, with two goals in a 5–1 Europa League victory at home against Standard Liege and a hat-trick in a 6–2 victory away to Levante in La Liga.
- It is with great pleasure to announce that on 14 August 2019, Ben Yedder inked a five-year contract with Monaco after they activated his release clause of €40 million, a record sale for Sevilla. There has been a transfer of Tony Lopes in the other direction.
- As his debut came three days later, he started alongside fellow debutant Henry Onyekuru and pushed Radamel Falcao to the substitutes’ bench in a 3–0 defeat away to Metz.
- On 25 August, in his first match for the club, he notched his first goal for the club in a 2–2 draw against Nîmes at the Stade Louis II.
- During the month of December, Ben Yedder won the UNFP Player of the Month award for his performance in four games, including two goals in a 5-1 win at home over Lille on 21 December.
- As a result of the Coronavirus Pandemic that started in early March 2020, his first season in Monaco was cut short. But he ended the season as Ligue 1’s joint top scorer with PSG’s Kylian Mbappé, with 18 goals from 26 games, a record for him there.
- Monaco finished as runners-up in the Coupe de France in the 2020–21 season, with Ben Yedder netting two goals in the quarter-final and semi-final wins against Lyon and Rumilly-Vallières, respectively.
- It is believed that he scored his 100th goal in Ligue 1 in a 2–3 home defeat against the former on 2 May 2021. As a result, he finished the season as the second-highest scorer behind Mbappé, having also shared second place with Lyon’s Memphis Depay in terms of goals with 20.
- Ben Yedder played in two futsal matches for France, scoring once in each match, and also capped the nation nine times at the under-21 level.
- It took the Tunisian Football Federation five attempts to get Ben Yedder to represent the Tunisian national team in international football due to his parents being Tunisians, and therefore under the FIFA regulations, he would qualify to represent Tunisia.
- Eventually, they conceded defeat after he declined their offer to get him into the squad before the 2018 FIFA World Cup after he refused to join them.
- As a result of his excellent performance for Sevilla, Didier Deschamps decided to include Ben Yedder in the squad for two friendlies against Colombia and Russia in March 2018.
- It was his debut on 23 March at the Stade de France when he replaced Olivier Giroud for the final 17 minutes of France’s 3–2 loss to Colombia.
- As of 17 May, he was named on the standby list for the 23-man French squad for the World Cup which will take place in Russia.
- During the UEFA Euro 2020 qualifying match against Andorra on 11 June 2019, Ben Yedder began for the first time for the France senior team and scored his first senior international goal in a 4–0 away win for the France senior team.
- He was selected in May 2021 to participate in the delayed finals.
Facts About Wissam Ben Yedder
- Ben Yedder has played in the majority of Monaco’s Ligue 1 games in 2021/2022, making 36 appearances in total and accumulating 2,453 minutes.
- Across their 37 matches, he has started 28 times and entered as a substitute eight times.
- Ben Yedder last played for Monaco against Brest on May 14. He scored a hat-trick for his side in their 4-2 victory. With 24 Ligue 1 goals this season, he has the second-most in the competition in 2021/2022. Three bookings this season.
- Ben Yedder scored his first league goal against Nice on September 19 in a 2-2 draw.
- Monaco travels to Lens on May 21 in their next fixture in Ligue 1. The team is currently second in the table with 68 points.
- Ben Yedder appeared in 37 games for Monaco last year, scoring 20 goals and providing seven assists.
- Ben Yedder made 91 league appearances at Sevilla, scoring 38 goals and providing 16 assists. He joined Monaco in August 2019.
- Ben Yedder made an impression on his Ligue 1 debut for Toulouse on 9th August 2015. At the age of 24 years and -3 days, the French attacker scored in his first-ever competitive match against Saint-Étienne. On August 17, 2019, he played for his current team Monaco in a Ligue 1 game against Metz.
- Overall, he has played in 255 matches in Ligue 1, scoring 125 goals and assisting 34 times.
- Ben Yedder has been shown 15 yellow cards overall, despite making 255 appearances in the competition.
How good is Wissam Ben Yedder?
Ben Yedder’s astonishing 97-rated card includes 97 paces, 97 shooting, 98 dribblings, 94 passing, and 84 physical, making it one of the best in the game.
What team does Ben yedder play for?
- AS Monaco
- France national football team
What number is Ben yedder?
- 10: AS Monaco
- 22: France national football team
What nationality is Ben yedder?
How old is Wissam yedder?
In the year 1990, Wissam Ben Yedder was born to Tunisian parents.
Thank you for taking out your precious time to read Woodgram’s version of Wissam Ben Yedder Biography. Our team of writers and researchers care about the accuracy of our content on French Footballers. Please let us know if you spot any wrongs in our article.
On a final note, we would appreciate your feedback (below as a comment) on what you think about Wissam Ben Yedder, including our Biography of him. Now, stay tuned for more French Football Stories from Woodgram.