Kurt Happy Zouma is a French professional footballer who plays center-back for Premier League club West Ham United, as well as the France national team. Zouma began his career with Saint-Étienne, making his professional debut at age 16 and going on to win the Coupe de la Ligue with the club in 2013. The French winger joined Chelsea for £12 million in January 2014 but was loaned back to the club for the remainder of the season.
Zouma helped Chelsea win the League Cup and the Premier League during his first season in England. During the 2017-2018 season, Zouma signed a loan deal with Stoke City. After this, he was loaned out to Everton for the 2018–19 season. In his youth, Zouma played for France at several levels, up to the Under-21 level. On 29 March 2015, he played his first senior international match against Denmark.
Kurt Zouma Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||Kurt Happy Zouma|
|Age||27 (as in 2022) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Scorpio|
|Birth Place||Lyon, France|
|Date of Birth||27 Oct 1994|
|Home Town||Lyon, France|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Horse Riding|
|Mother's Name||Not Available|
|Father's Name||Guy Zouma|
|Brother(s)||• Kurt Zouma|
• Lionel Zouma
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Marriage Date||In 2012|
|Marriage Place||Not Available|
|Children||Daughters- 2- Name Not Available|
Sons- 1- Name Not Available
|Educational Qualification||Not Available|
|Brands Endorsed||Kurt Zouma has been fined and lost an endorsement deal with adidas after he was seen kicking a cat in a video that went viral.|
|Career Manager||Not Available|
|Debut Club||• 2021: West Ham United F.C. |
• August 10, 2018: Everton F.C.
• 2017: Stoke City F.C.
• January 31, 2014: Chelsea F.C.
• April 1, 2011: AS Saint-Etienne
|Debut International||• 2015: France national football team |
• 2013: France national under-21 football team
• 2012: France national under-19 football team
• 2010: France national under-16 football team
|Jersey Number||• 4 (West Ham United F.C.)|
• 15 (France national football team)
|Current Team(s)||• West Ham United F.C. |
• France national football team
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 190 cm|
in meters- 1.90 m
in feet inches- 6’3”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 94.8 kg|
in pounds- 209 lbs
|Chest Size||41 inches|
|Biceps Size||14 inches|
|Waist Size||34 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||He has French ancestry.|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Distinctive Features||Not Available|
|Dress Size||Not Available|
|Shoe Size||11 U.S.|
|Favorite Playing Position||Defender|
|Favorite Car||Porsche Panamera|
|Favorite Food||Italian Food|
|Favorite Website||Twitter & Instagram|
|Favorite Stadium||Stade de France, Saint-Denis, France|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||iPhone/Apple|
Woodgram presents the full story of a French professional footballer known as LaZoumance. This Kurt Zouma biography covers all the important events in his life, from his childhood to the present day.
His early life, family background, personal life, family facts, lifestyle, and other little-known facts about him are examined. He is known for his strength, his ability to read the game, and his aerial presence. Few, however, take into account Kurt Zouma’s biography, which is quite interesting. Without further ado, let’s begin.
Kurt Happy Zouma was born in Lyon, France, on the 27th day of October 1994. In addition to his father, Guy Zouma, he was one of six children born to that little-known mother.
His family is of Black ethnicity with African roots. He was raised in Lyon, France, where he grew up with his older brother Lionel and four other siblings. Young Zouma didn’t initially want to play football while growing up in Lyon. Instead, he preferred to play basketball.
When Zouma was nine years old, he tried playing football at the local Vaulx-en-Velin club and found he was exceptionally good at it. Zouma made a promise to his parents not long after he began playing for Vaulx-en-Velin that he would succeed in the sport.
Considering the higher purpose of making his parents proud, he worked hard to succeed in the sport. Zouma accumulated a wide education and career buildup in football during his time at Vaulx-en-Velin that saw him try out several different positions before settling on the position of defender.
Upon six seasons of training, Zouma joined the Academy of Saint-Etienne as a 15-year-old in 2009. It was at Vaulx-en-Velin that Zouma sharpened his defensive skills and recorded meteoric rise through the youth systems. After his distinguishing style of play caught the attention of club officials, he was elevated ahead of the 2011-12 season.
The 22-year-old Zouma signed his first professional contract with Saint-Etienne on 2nd April 2011 and made his professional debut for the first team in a Cup de la Ligue match against Bordeaux on 31st August 2011. He later helped Saint-Etienne win the Coupe de la Ligue title in 2013 and looked forward to a promising career in top-level football.
The name Zouma comes from the character Kurt Sloane played by Jean-Claude Van Damme in the 1989 film Kickboxer, while the middle name Happy comes from an African tradition of using positive words as middle names. Sandra is Zouma’s wife, and they have three children together. During the year 2019, Zouma made a pilgrimage to Mecca as a Muslim.
Zouma’s brother filmed footage at his home showing him kicking and slapping his cat on 7 February 2022. He was condemned both by his club and the RSPCA. Zouma apologized and said that despite his actions, the two cats were “fine and healthy.”.
The club said that the matter would be handled internally. The Brigitte Bardot Foundation, a French animal protection group, announced on 8 February that they had filed a complaint against Zouma. Essex Police announced on the same day that they were investigating the abuse in conjunction with the RSPCA.
Despite the controversy, David Moyes selected Zouma to play for West Ham against Watford on the same day. Presenter Gary Lineker was “appalled and stunned” by West Ham’s decision to play Zouma against Watford. West Ham’s decision to field Zouma was also condemned by conservationist Chris Packham and the Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan.
The RSPCA confirmed on 9 February that Zouma’s two cats have been taken away from him. The same day, Vitality, one of West Ham’s sponsors, suspended their deal with the club. Vitality stated it was “distressed” by the video footage of Zouma and “hugely disappointed by the club’s response”.
In a statement, Adidas stated, “We have concluded our investigation and can confirm that Kurt Zouma is no more an Adidas-contracted athlete.” West Ham condemned Zouma’s actions and fined him the maximum amount possible, which will be donated to animal welfare charities.
The fine is understood to be the equivalent of two weeks’ wages worth $250,000, according to online sources. Dagenham & Redbridge announced on 10 February that his brother, Yoan Zouma, had been suspended for his role in filming the abuse of the cat.
On the same day, the Florida-based travel company Experience Kissimmee ended their sponsorship deal with West Ham, citing their desire to work with companies that met the highest standards of animal care.
Kurt Zouma Net Worth
How much does he earn in 2022?
In August 2021, the center back signed a contract with West Ham United that will pay him a staggering salary of 5.8 million euros (5 Million pounds) a year. According to our calculations, he earns €6,284 (£5,422) per day and €262 (£226) per hour!
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||€26.7 million (£23 million)|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||€20 million|
|Annual Salary||5.8 Million Euro (5 Million Pound)|
|Per Month Salary||€483,333 (£420,290)|
|Per Week Salary||€111,538 (£96,990)|
|Per Day Salary||€15,890 (£13,818)|
|Per Hour Salary||€662 (£575)|
|Per Minute Salary||€11 (£10)|
|Market Value||$35.20 Million|
|Highest Market Value||$38.50 Million (Dec 10, 2019)|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||Porsche Panamera|
He began his career with Saint-Etienne before moving to Premier League club Chelsea in 2014. He has since been on loan to Stoke City and Everton and has a net worth estimated at €26.7 million (£23 million). Despite being still young, he feels like he’s been around forever thanks to his early upstarts. He has a market value of 32 million euros (27 Million pounds). He now plays for West Ham United, where he earns a staggering 5.8 Million euros (5 Million pounds) a year.
Born in Lyon, Zouma began his professional career at the age of nine with Vaulx-en-Velin. Prior to switching to his current position, he played as a striker and a right-winger.
- In 2009, Zouma joined Saint-Étienne. He signed his first professional contract on 2 April 2011, signing a three-year contract.
- He was then promoted to the senior team by manager Christophe Galtier ahead of the 2011–12 season and initially played without a name on his shirt in order to protect him from media attention.
- Zouma made his professional debut at the age of 16 on 31 August 2011 in a Coupe de la Ligue game against Bordeaux, playing the entire match for a 3–1 victory.
- A month later, on 17 September, he made his Ligue 1 debut in a 3–0 loss at Lorient; his first professional goal came on 19 November, when he replaced Paulao and finished a corner kick to earn a 2–0 victory over OGC Nice just before halftime.
- In his first season, he played 21 league games – 13 starts – and scored once, heading Banel Nicolita’s corner for the only goal against lowly Sochaux at the Stade Geoffroy-Guichard on 14 January 2012.
- Zouma played in Saint-Étienne’s 1–0 win over Rennes in the final of the Coupe de la Ligue on 20 April 2013. Eight days later, in the Derby du Rhone away to Lyon, he headed in Yohan Mollo’s corner after 30 minutes of play to draw 1-1.
- Zouma was banned for ten games following the challenge that left Sochaux’s Thomas Guerbert with a broken right leg and a dislocated ankle.
- Zouma signed a five-and-a-half-year contract with Chelsea on 31 January 2014 for £12 million (€14.6 million). For the remainder of the 2013–14 season, he was on loan at Saint-Étienne.
- Zouma made his Chelsea debut on 24 September, scoring the opening goal in a 2–1 win against Bolton Wanderers in the third round of the League Cup.
- On 21 October, he made his second Chelsea start and made his first Champions League appearance, helping his team keep a clean sheet in a 6–0 victory over Maribor.
- On 26 October 2014, he made his Premier League debut when he came on as an added-time substitute for Willian in the 1-1 draw between Manchester United and Arsenal at Old Trafford.
- In the FA Cup on 4 January 2015, Zouma scored Chelsea’s third goal in the 3–0 win over Watford.
- He then started in the Premier League for the first time, partnering with John Terry in place of Gary Cahill to keep a clean sheet in a 2–0 home win over Newcastle United, which put Chelsea back in the first place.
- Nemanja Mati was suspended and Mikel John Obi was injured, so Zouma played in defensive midfield as Chelsea won the League Cup Final on 1 March, defeating Tottenham Hotspur 2–0.
- The league title was won by Chelsea against Crystal Palace in the final five minutes of the match on 3 May as he substituted for Willian.
- On 2 August 2015, Zouma was substituted by César Azpilicueta for Chelsea as they lost 1–0 to rivals Arsenal in the Community Shield.
- The striker scored his first Premier League goal on 19 September, heading in Cesc Fàbregas’ cross to open a 2–0 home victory over the same opposition.
- At Maccabi Tel Aviv in the Champions League group stage, he scored his first European goal as a late substitute for the injured Terry.
- Under interim manager Guus Hiddink, Zouma started alongside Terry regularly as Chelsea’s form improved.
- In the match against Manchester United on 7 February 2016, Zouma ruptured the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee after landing awkwardly from a jump. He underwent surgery and was sidelined for six months.
- Zouma traveled and trained with the first team during the preseason of 2016. In addition, Schalke 04 rejected Chelsea’s loan offer for Zouma.
- On 24 October, Zouma made his first competitive appearance after being out of action for nine months, playing 45 minutes for the Chelsea under-23 team in a 2–2 draw with Derby County.
- Chelsea’s 4–1 FA Cup third-round win over Peterborough United on 8 January 2017 marked Zouma’s return to the first team. In the 2016–17 Premier League season, he made his debut as a substitute in a 3–1 win over Arsenal on 4 February.
Loans to Stoke City and Everton
- Zouma signed a new six-year contract with Chelsea on 21 July 2017, following which he joined Premier League club Stoke City on loan for the 2017–18 season.
- He made his debut against Everton on 12 August, losing 1–0. Stoke captain Ryan Shawcross expressed his surprise at Chelsea’s decision to loan out Zouma, who had missed only one match, against his parent club in November 2017.
- In a 2–2 draw with Brighton & Hove Albion on 20 November, he scored his first Potters goal. Zouma played 37 matches for Stoke in 2017-18 as the club was relegated to the EFL Championship.
- On 10 August 2018, Zouma signed a loan deal with fellow Premier League club, Everton, for the 2018–19 season. In a 2–2 draw at AFC Bournemouth, he made his debut as a last-minute replacement for Michael Keane.
- On 13 January 2019, Zouma scored his first goal for Everton, a header in a 2–0 win at home also against Bournemouth. On 9 February, he was sent off for dissent after the final whistle in a 1–0 loss to Watford.
Return to Chelsea
- As a result of the expiration of his loan at Everton, Zouma returned to Chelsea. He played 32 games and scored two goals during his time at the club.
- The 11th of August saw Zouma make his first start of the season in the 4–0 defeat to Manchester United.
- On 25 September 2019, he scored again in a 7–1 home win over Grimsby Town in the third round of the EFL Cup.
- In Chelsea’s 1–1 draw with Brighton & Hove Albion at Falmer Stadium on 1 January 2020, Zouma marked his 100th appearance for the club.
- On 14 September 2020, Zouma will begin the new season as part of Chelsea’s starting back four against Brighton & Hove Albion.
- He would go on to score the club’s third goal in a 3–1 win, his first Premier League goal for Chelsea in more than five years.
- In a 3–1 victory over Leeds United on 6 December, Zouma scored the team’s second goal. This win put Chelsea at the top of the Premier League table, and it was his fourth goal in ten league matches, meaning he had twice as many goals as the next highest-scoring defender.
- Zouma also won 74.5 percent of his duels in the first ten league matches, which placed him among the top 20 players in Europe.
- In Chelsea’s successful run in the 2020-21 UEFA Champions League, Zouma made five appearances but did not appear for Chelsea in the final as Manchester City won 1-0.
- On 11 August 2021, Zouma played his last game for Chelsea in the 2021 UEFA Super Cup victory over Villarreal. In the penalty shootout, the game ended 1–1 before going to penalties.
- It was Villareal who equalized following a poor defensive clearance by Zouma. In August 2021, he joined West Ham United. Chelsea player, who scored 10 goals in 151 games across all competitions.
West Ham United
Zouma signed a four-year contract with West Ham United for £29.8 million on 28 August 2021. The 16th of September saw him make his West Ham debut, as he beat Dinamo Zagreb 2–0 in the Europa League. On 7 November, he scored his first goal for West Ham, the winning goal in a 3–2 win over Liverpool.
- Having represented France at the under-16 and under-17 levels, Zouma is a France youth international. 2011 UEFA European Under-17 Championship and 2011 FIFA U-17 World Cup he played for the under-17 team.
- French under-21 captain Zouma has been with the team for several years. He was part of the under-20 team that won the World Cup in Turkey in 2013. He headed the last goal of a 4–0 victory over Uzbekistan in the quarter-finals in Rize.
- Didier Deschamps wanted to build a defense around Zouma and Raphal Varane, so on 19 March 2015, he called him up for the first time for friendlies against Brazil and Denmark.
- He made his debut in the latter match ten days later, a 2–0 win at his former club ground with Saint-Étienne, the Stade Geoffroy-Guichard, replacing Morgan Schneiderlin for the last eight minutes of the match.
- Due to an injury suffered for Chelsea in February, Zouma missed France’s hosting of UEFA Euro 2016.
- In August 2017, he replaced an injured Raphael Varane for a World Cup qualifying match against the Netherlands.
- During the final tournament in Russia, he was on standby. On 11 October 2018, Zouma earned his first France cap for over three years when he came on as a substitute and won the equalizing penalty in a 2–2 friendly draw with Iceland.
- It was Zouma’s first start for the France senior team on 11 June 2019. He played every minute of the game, and scored his first senior international goal, in a 4–0 away win against Andorra in a UEFA Euro 2020 qualifying match.
Facts About Kurt Zouma
- Kurt Happy Zouma is a French professional footballer who plays as a center back for Everton, on loan from Premier League club Chelsea.
- With Saint-Étienne, Zouma began his career at the age of 16.
- He is a French center-back who hails from Lyon. Chelsea’s right-footed player won the Young Player of the Year award in the 2014-15 season and won the Premier League with Chelsea on two occasions in 2014-15 and 2016-17.
- Zouma began his career at Vaulx-en-Velin in 2003 and spent six years at the youth setup before being transferred to Saint-Étienne.
- Initially, he was a right-winger, then a striker before switching to his current position as a defender.
- He signed his first professional contract with Saint-Étienne on 2nd April 2011.
- After three seasons with Saint-Étienne B, Christophe Galtier promoted him to the first team ahead of the 2011–12 season.
- On 31st August 2011, Zouma made his professional debut at the age of sixteen, in a 3-1 victory over Bordeaux in a Coupe de la Ligue match.
- When manager Didier Deschamps wanted to build a defense around Zouma and Raphael Varane, he made his international debut on 29th March 2015. Alexandre Lacazette and Olivier Giroud each scored in the first half as they won 2-0.
- On 20th April 2013, Zouma was instrumental in Saint-Étienne’s clean sheet in the final of the Coupe de la Ligue against Rennes.
- Zouma has signed a five-and-a-half-year contract with Chelsea for a fee of €14.6 million. However, he remained at Saint-Étienne on loan until the end of the 2013-14 season.
- In the 1–1 draw against Manchester United at Old Trafford on 26th October 2014, he made his Premier League debut as an added-time substitute for Willian.
- Chelsea defeated Tottenham Hotspur 2–0 in the League Cup Final on 1st March 2015 with Zouma playing as a defensive midfielder when Nemanja Matic was suspended and John Obi Mikel was injured. He scored his first Premier League goal on 19 September, heading in Cesc Fàbregas’ cross to open a 2–0 home victory over the same opposition.
- In November 2013, Zouma was banned for ten games while playing for Saint-Étienne after a tough challenge broke the right leg and dislocated the ankle of Sochaux’s Thomas Guerbert.
- While playing against Manchester United on 7th February 2016, Zouma ruptured the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee after failing to land properly. The surgery was essential, and the player spent the next six months on the sidelines.
- Zouma began his career with Saint-Étienne B in 2011 and spent three seasons there, playing in 10 matches and scoring twice. The 2011-12 season was followed by a promotion to the first team.
- Chelsea spent € 14,60 Million on winter transfers in 2014. He made 71 appearances and scored 4 goals.
- In 2017-18, however, he transferred to Stoke City on loan for a reported fee of € 7.80 Million.
What nationality is zouma?
How old is Kurt Zouma?
27 years (October 27, 1994)
Who is zouma’s wife?
Who has zouma played for?
- West Ham United F.C.
- France national football team
Does Kurt Zouma have a brother?
His older brothers are West Ham United and France defender Kurt Zouma, and Lionel Zouma. Their parents emigrated from the Central African Republic.