Former English footballer Wayne Rooney is widely considered to be England’s best player. Currently, he is managing Derby County Football Club, a club in the English Football League Championship. It was his four times as ‘England Player of the Year’ that made him one of the most popular players in the world. At a young age, he scored 99 goals for a local junior league team, which led to him being signed by Everton. In 2002, he made his professional debut with Everton, and within weeks became the youngest person to score a goal in the competition’s history, a record now surpassed by Harry Kane.
A contract was signed with ‘Manchester United’ in 2004, and he achieved great success with the team. In his first match for Manchester United, Rooney scored an unforgettable hat-trick against Fenerbahce in the Champions League. By the end of the 2004-05 season, he had scored 17 goals in 43 matches. For his national team, he represented his country in all four World Cups from 2006 to 2018. During his five seasons with ‘Manchester United,’ he helped the club win four Premier League titles.
Wayne Rooney Wiki/Bio[table id=2525 /]
Thomas Wayne Rooney and Jeanette Marie Rooney welcomed Wayne William Rooney into the world on 24 October 1985 in Croxteth, England. His ancestry is Irish. Two of his brothers are younger than him. As a child, he became a fan of his local team ‘Everton’ and has been involved with them ever since. He attended Our Lady and St Swithin’s primary school, and later graduated from ‘The De La Salle Academy.’
Wayne and Coleen McLoughlin got married on June 12, 2008, and they have four sons together: Kai (born in November 2009), Klay (born in May 2013), Kit (born in January 2016), and Cass (born in February 2018). The HarperCollins publishing company agreed to pay Wayne a £5 million advance and royalties for five books he signed in 2006. The Premier League: My Decade in the Premier League in 2012 and “My Story So Far” in 2006 will be his first books following “The Way It Is” in 2009 and “The Way It Is” in 2006.
He was awarded £100,000 in damages, which he donated to charity, after suing “The Sun” and “News of the World” over allegations that he had assaulted his wife in 2006. Furthermore, Wayne was sued in 2006 for claims he stated in his book “My Story So Far,” and a settlement for £500,000 was reached in 2008. Rooney was arrested in September 2017 for drunk driving. After pleading guilty in court he was fined £170, his driving privileges were revoked for two years, and he was ordered to complete 100 hours of community service. He was charged with public intoxication and profanity at Washington Dulles International Airport the following year.
Wayne Rooney Net Worth[table id=2526 /]
Wayne Rooney has a net worth of $170 million and an annual salary of $26 million.
Following a £25.6 million deal with Everton, Manchester United snatched up Rooney in 2004.
He signed a three-year deal with the Washington Capitals in June. In 2010, he earned $30 million between salaries and endorsements with Major League Soccer’s United team. Many companies have signed Rooney to endorse their products, including Nike, Nokia, Coca-Cola, and Ford.
An English six-bedroom home Wayne and Coleen acquired in 2019 cost £20m. It cost them £320,000 to buy an apartment in Port Charlotte, Florida, in 2017, and they own a £5m Barbados villa, which they purchased in 2010. In 2015, they began renting out the Barbados villa, charging between £10,000 and £25,000 per week, depending on the season.
- In 2004-05, he made his Manchester United debut against Fenerbahce in the UEFA Championship League, scoring a hat-trick in a 6-2 victory that was hailed as a sensational debut.
- The team he played for won the League Cup in 2006 with a 4-0 victory over ‘Wigan Athletic’ on the final day. A consensus was reached that he was the best player in the match. The 2005-06 Premier League season saw him score 16 goals in 26 games.
- Although he did not have a great start in the 2006-07 season, his form improved in the second half. His season ended with 14 league goals after scoring a hat-trick against the ‘Bolton Wanderers’.
- A number of Wayne Rooney’s matches were missed when he was injured in 2007-08. The Frenchman scored 18 goals during the season and took part in Manchester United’s victory over Chelsea and Champions League win.
- The 2009 season marked the first time he made 200 appearances in the history of the league when he came on as a substitute against ‘Blackburn Rovers’. The 2008-09 season was his 20th season of scoring goals. He scored his final league goal against Tottenham.
- He scored a hat-trick in an away match against Portsmouth in 2009, his first in three years.
- Against Hull City, he scored four goals – his first four-goal game. This was his first game with four goals. It was in that same season that Rooney scored his 100th ‘Premier League’ goal against Arsenal.
- A volley on an overhead kick proved to be the winner of their 2-1 win over Manchester City in February 2011. The following month, he scored his third goal in a 4-0 victory over ‘Wigan Athletic.’ In April the same year, he scored his first hat-trick of the season in a 4-2 victory over ‘West Ham United.
- Rooney scored a hat-trick in an 8-2 win over ‘Arsenal’ in the 2011-12 season. “Manchester United’s first goal of the hat-trick also marked his 150th goal for the club. He scored a hat-trick in his next match too; a 5-0 away victory at “Bolton Wanderers.”
- In August 2012, Wayne Rooney scored twice against ‘Reading’ in a 4-3 win. In December 2012, he scored his first goal of the season against Stoke City. It was in January 2013 that he scored twice against ‘Southampton’.
- As a result, he became the third most prolific scorer for ‘Manchester United’ with 212 goals. In September 2013, he scored his 200th goal for the club in a 4-2 victory over ‘Bayer Leverkusen.
- Wayne Rooney was made the club’s captain after the exit of Nemanja Vidić in July 2014. Having reached that point, he then became the Premier League’s third-highest scorer. A total of 14 goals were scored by him in 37 games during the 2014-15 season.
- After 878 minutes without scoring, he ended his scoreless streak with a hat-trick in August 2015. The team he played with 500 times lost 2-1 at home to Norwich City in his 500th game for ‘Manchester.’
- Captaining his team to victory in their 2016 ‘FA Cup’ final against ‘Crystal Palace,’ he equaled the career scoring record hold by Bobby Charlton of Manchester United and eventually passed it when he scored the 250th goal for his club.
- “Everton” was his boyhood club and in 2017 he returned with a two-year contract. This was his first appearance for the club against MFK Ruzomberok. In 2017, he recorded his first hat-trick against “West Ham.”
- As part of his contract with ‘Major League Soccer’, he played in the 3-1 victory over ‘Vancouver Whitecaps’ and signed a three-and-a-half-year deal with D.C. United. Having had an impressive season with the club and an incredible game-winning pass against Orland in August 2018, Wayne Rooney earned the title of ‘MSL Player of the Year.’
- Despite having two years still to run on his contract with Major League Soccer club ‘D.C United,’ Wayne Rooney agreed to join the EFL Championship side ‘Derby County.’ He was named that club’s captain and made his debut on 2 January 2020.
- He retired as a competitive player in 2021 to become manager of Derby County.
Facts About Wayne Rooney
- Does Wayne Rooney smoke?: Yes
- Does Wayne Rooney drink alcohol?: Yes
- During secondary school, Rooney met his wife Coleen. Their marriage took place on 12 June 2008 after a six-year relationship.
- John Rooney is also an excellent footballer.
- He is the youngest goalscorer in England’s history.
- In 2002, he made his debut for Everton at the age of 16.
- Throughout Rooney’s body, he has many tattoos. There is one on his hand that says “Just Enough Education to Perform.”.
- At 25, he underwent hair transplantation.
- Wayne Rooney was sued by his former manager David Moyes.
- As one of Manchester United’s 200 goal scorers, he is one of four players. The second place goes to Bobby Charlton.
- A total of 12 Trophies have been won by him in the past 10 years.
- The Manchester United debut of Wayne Rooney saw him score a hat-trick.
- Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo are the two highest-paid football players.
- His favorite meal is Spaghetti Bolognese, he is a foodie.
- Wayne Rooney is an amateur Boxer, at leisure time he likes to play boxing bout.
In the four seasons since he left Manchester United as our record goalscorer in 2017, we’ve seen Wayne Rooney enjoy a busy and varied schedule. His last appearance for United was as a late replacement in our UEFA Europa League victory on 24 May 2017. He returned to Everton shortly afterward on an unrestricted free transfer.
After joining Derby County as permanent manager on a two-and-a-half-year contract, Wayne Rooney retired from football. Since the departure of Phillip Cocu in November, Wayne Rooney had been acting as caretaker president of the EFL Championship club.
In his 35th year, Manchester United legend Wayne Rooney has called time on a distinguished career in football. As well as being undoubtedly the best striker on earth in his prime, Rooney was a part of the first team to win the Barclays Premier League, as it was then called.
The majority of Wayne Rooney’s career was spent at Manchester United, but he started out at Everton. Against Arsenal, he scored a last-minute winner on his debut when he was 16. Due to his abilities, fans began calling him “Wazza” after the nickname of Paul “Gazza” Gascoigne.