Vijay Deverakonda also is known as Vijay Devarakonda is an Indian film actor, best known for his work in Telugu cinema. Making his debut at a young age after a stint in theatre, Vijay is best known for his role as “Rishi” in the 2015 movie Yevade Subramanyam. Born to an actor father, it was natural for young Vijay to make a choice. Like his father, he found his love in front of the camera and soon started following the profession passionately. While belonging to a family of the actor did give Devarakonda that extra edge, no one can deny his inherent flair and skill for it. After making his foray in theatre, Devarakonda soon opted for the big screen. After his minor role debut, Devarakonda’s big breakthrough came with ‘Yevade Subramanyam’.
He debuted in 2011 with Ravi Babu’s romantic comedy Nuvvila (2011), but he gained recognition with his supporting role in the coming-of-age drama Yevade Subramanyam (2015). Vijay gained stardom by playing the lead role in the 2016 romantic comedy Pelli Choopulu, which won the National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Telugu and the Filmfare Award for Best Film – Telugu. However, it was ‘Pelli Choopulu’ that marked the beginning of the golden period for this ace actor. Since the 2015 blockbuster, there has been no stopping Devarakonda who has belted out one box office hit after the other. He is the heartthrob of the Telugu film industry and has everything going for him good looks, great physique, attractive personality, a rising career, and bucket loads of talent.
Vijay Devarakonda Bio/ Wiki
|Birth Name||Vijay Devarakonda|
|Age||(as in 2023) 34 Years|
|Debut||Movie: Yevade Subramanyam (2015), Nuvvila (2011)|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Not Known|
|Birth Place||Achampet, Nagarkurnool District, Telangana, India|
|Date of Birth||9 May 1989|
|Residence||Hyderabad, Telangana, India|
|Home Town||Achampet, Nagarkurnool District, Telangana, India|
|Hobbies||Singing and Acting|
|Mother's Name||Deverakonda Madhavi|
|Father's Name||Deverakonda Govardhan Rao|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Janhvi Kapoor (Rumored)|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Marriage Date||Not Known|
|School||Sri Sathya Sai Higher Secondary School Puttaparthi.|
- Little Flower Junior School, Hyderabad
|College/University||Badruka College Of Commerce And Arts, Little Flower Junior College|
|Educational Qualification||Graduation in Bcom|
|Profession||Indian Film Actor|
|Brands Endorsed||Not Known|
|Career Manager||Not Known|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)|| in centimeters-175 cm|
in meters: 1.75 m
in feet inches: 5’10”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms-75 kg|
in pounds: 166 lbs
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Not Known|
|S*xual Orientation||Not Known|
|Dress Size||Not Known|
|Favourite Cuisine|| Indian|
|Favourite Actors||Ajay Devgan|
|Favourite Singer||Arijit Singh|
|Favorite Player||Virat Kohli|
|Favorite Sport|| Cricket|
|Controversies||Vijay Devarakonda has been in the news off-late for his ‘cool chick’ comment on the on-screen character Savitri’s look highlighted on the poster of the movie Mahanati starring Keerthy Suresh. Vijay Devarakonda at the moment is relaxing after the blockbuster hits Pelli Choopulu and Arjun Reddy, which have launched him to fame.|
Family, Education & More
Vijay has a younger brother Anand, who works with Deloitte in the USA. Their mother, Madhavi, is Proprietor of SpeakEasy in Hyderabad, a soft skills and personality development trainer. Vijay considers his father an inspiration who had come from a small village to Hyderabad to become an actor and eventually had become a TV director. Vijay was born in Achampet, Nagarkurnool district of Telangana.
Along with his younger brother, Vijay was admitted to Sri Sathya Sai Higher Secondary School in Puttaparthi, Ananthapur District, Andhra Pradesh. Vijay had spent most of his formative years in this school, away from family for close to 10 months a year.
Vijay Devarakonda Net Worth
Vijay Devarakonda has a Net Worth of $10 Million (USD) as of 2023. The main source of Vijay Devarakonda’s income comes from singing, acting & sponsorship of different brands. Vijay Devarakonda’s earnings for the year have yet to be determined, but she is likely to see an increase in pay. We are in the process of reviewing Vijay Devarakonda’s salary, so check back soon.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||$10 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$7 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||$100,000 – $1 Million|
|Annual Salary||Under Review|
|Income Source||Indian Film Actor|
We are constantly updating this page with new financial and earning details. We use publicly available data and resources to ensure that Vijay Devarakonda Net Worth estimates and wealth calculation is accurate and up to date. All net worths are fact-checked and confirmed by our users. While it’s relatively simple to predict his income, it’s harder to know Vijay Devarakonda’s expenses over the years.
Noted, Currently, We don’t have enough information about Cars, Monthly/Yearly Salary, etc. We will update you soon.
Movies and TV Shows/ Serials – Career
- To start with, he found a minor role in Sekhar Kammula’s ‘Life is Beautiful’. It was while doing Kammula’s movie that Devarakonda was first introduced to Nag Ashwin, the assistant director then. Upon seeing his potential, Ashwin cast him for the 2015 movie ‘Yevade Subramanyam’ alongside Nani.
- The movie was a commercial success and established Devarakondo’s career as an actor. He then found a lead role opposite Ritu Varma in the romantic coming-of-age movie ‘Pelli Choopulu’ by director Tharun Bhascker Dhaassyam. ‘Pelli Choopulu’ was one of the biggest blockbusters of the year both critically and commercially and catapulted his career to massive heights.
- The movie not just became went on to be commercially successful but also won the 64th National Film Awards in the category Best Feature Film in Telugu. It made him the overnight sensation of the Telugu film industry. Devarakonda’s career has been on a meteoric rise ever since.
- He has featured in a couple of films recently, including ‘Dwaraka’, ‘Arjun Reddy’, and ‘Ye Mantram Vesave’, all of which have been commercial hits.
|2012||Life Is Beautiful|
|2017||Dwaraka, Arjun Reddy|
|2018||Ye Mantram Vesave, Mahanati, Geetha Govindam, NOTA, Ee Nagaraniki Emaindhi, Taxiwaala|
|2019||Dear Comrade, Meeku Maathrame Cheptha|
|2020||World Famous Lover, Hero, Fighter|
- Does Vijay Devarakonda smoke?: Not Known
- Does Vijay Devarakonda drink alcohol?: Not Known
- He received Behindwood Gold Medal as South India’s Sensation.
- Vijay sold his Filmfare award for 25 Lakhs in the auction and contributed this money to Telangana’s “Chief Minister Fund”.
- Son of Telugu television director, Deverakonda Govardhan Rao, Vijay always had an inclination towards the creative fields.
- He did most of his schooling away from family at the Sathya Sai Higher Secondary School, a boarding school in Andhra Pradesh.
- After completing his graduation he joined the Hyderabad-based theater group Sutradhar and this is where his acting career began.
- He completed a three-month workshop with the group and worked on several stages plays – in association with the theater company Ingenium Dramatics – before getting his first movie break in 2011.
Although he is best known for his role in Pelli Choopulu and Arjun Reddy, he actually started in the industry with the 2011 romantic comedy Nuvvilla.
- His first hit as a lead actor was Pelli Choopulu, and the movie went on to win the 64th National Film Awards in the category Best Feature Film in Telugu.
- However, it was his role as a mercurial surgeon in Arjun Reddy, that made him a superstar overnight.
- He also directed a short film Madam Meerena in just five hours, as a self-taken assignment.
- Apart from being the golden boy of the Telugu Industry, he also has a heart of gold. He once sent three trucks full of ice cream to his fans on his birthday, to help them deal with the heat of the sun.
- He has also started his own clothing brand titled ‘The Rowdy Club’, a name that may be inspired by his fans as he affectionately refers to them as ‘Rowdies’.
Why Vijay Devarakonda Is Called As Rowdy?
He Gave A Superb Speech Stressing On ‘being Different’. And To ‘have Dreamed. ‘ He Said That Many People Called Him A Rowdy Because He Does What He Likes And He Speaks What He Thinks. He Remembered That He Was Called A Rowdy During His Student Days.
Why Is Vijay Devarakonda So Popular?
Unlike Many Star Kids Who Get Opportunities In The Film Industry Due To Their Family’s Influence, Vijay Deverakonda Is Seen As A Self-made Actor Who Climbed The Ladder Of Fame With His Own Effort And Charm. Again And Again, He Proved His Talent As An Actor With His Choice Of Films And Impressive Dialogue Delivery.
Who Is Father Of Vijay Devarakonda?
Deverakonda Govardhan Rao