Onyinye Wilfred Ndidi, a Nigerian-born professional football player, now plays defensive midfield for Premier League team Leicester City as well as the Nigerian national team. He was born on December 16, 1996. Ndidi is renowned for his long-range attacks and strong defense.
Ndidi was chosen by Nigeria’s interim coach Austin Eguavoen for the 28-man 2021 Africa Cup of Nations team on December 25, 2021. Ndidi was selected by Confédération Africaine de Football (CAF) on January 22, 2022, as a replacement for Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane in the group stage’s best team following the Africa Cup of Nations, Cameroon 2021 Group Stage.
Wilfred Ndidi Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||Onyinye Wilfred Ndidi|
|Nick Name||Wilfred Ndidi|
|Age (as of 2023)||27 years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Sagittarius|
|Birth Place||Lagos, Nigeria|
|Date of Birth||16 December 1996|
|Hobbies||Music and Gym|
|Father's Name||Theo van Vlierden|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Jersey Number||• Nigeria - 4|
• Leicester City - 25
|Current Team(s)||• Nigeria|
• Leicester City
|Career Manager/ Player Agent||Firsteleven ISM|
|Strengths||• Aerial Duels|
• Ball interception
• Blocking the ball
|Weakness||No Significant Weakness|
|Style of Play||• Likes to play short passes|
• Likes to tackle
• Commits fouls often
|Caps/Goals||47 / 0|
|League level||First Tier|
Height and , Weight
|Height||• in meters - 1.81 m|
• in feet inches - 5′ 11″
|Weight||• in kilograms - 74 kg|
• in pounds - 160 lbs
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Nigerian|
|Chest Size||38 inches|
|Biceps Size||12 inches|
|Waist Size||32 inches|
|Favorite Playing Position||Midfielder|
|Favorite Car||Not Available|
|Favorite Drinks||Red Wine|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||Iphone|
Ndidi was raised in the barracks because his father served as an Army officer before retiring. There, discipline and education took precedence over football, something his father disapproved of. In an interview with the BBC World Service, Ndidi stated, “Whenever my dad went to work, I would go and play.”
Ndidi wed his longtime girlfriend Dinma Fortune in Abuja in May 2019. Ndidi enrolled at De Montfort University in 2019 to pursue a degree in business and management.
Wilfred Ndidi Net Worth
The range of Wilfred Ndidi’s net worth or income is thought to be between €34,000,000. However, his major occupation as a soccer player has brought him a significant amount of wealth.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||€34,000,000|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||€30,000,000|
|Salary Per Year (Approx)||€4,500,000|
|Salary Per Month (Approx)||€375,000|
|Salary per Week||€86,538|
|Salary Per Day||€12,329|
|Salary Per Minute||€9|
|Contract Signed/Extension||Aug 19, 2018|
|Contract Expires||Jun 30, 2024|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
Wilfred Ndidi FIFA 22 Stats
In FIFA 22, Wilfred Ndidi has an overall rating of 84 and his potential is also 86.
FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|70||Heading Accuracy||60||FK Accuracy|
|78||Short Passing||75||Long Passing|
|86||Defensive Awareness||84||Sliding Tackle|
- Nath Boys Academy and Genk reached a €180,000 transfer agreement on January 14th, 2015.
- The transaction was finished on January 15, 2015.
- On January 31, 2015, Ndidi made his Genk debut in the Belgian Pro League against Charleroi, losing 1-0 on the road.
- He participated in the game’s opening 74 minutes before being replaced by Jarne Vrijsen.
- Ndidi scored a long-range goal against Club Brugge in the Belgian League play-off match that was chosen as the best goal of the year in the Belgian league.
- He received a clearance attempt beyond the penalty area, lofted the ball over an opponent with ease, and then slammed a fierce volley into the top right corner.
- The ball was estimated to be moving at a speed of more than 111 km/h.
- Genk and Leicester City reached an agreement on a £17 million move on December 3, 2016.
- The agreement was verified on January 5, 2017.
- On January 7, 2017, Ndidi made his club debut in a 2-1 FA Cup third-round victory over Everton.
- On January 14, 2017, he started his debut Premier League game at home against Chelsea in a 3-0 loss.
- Ndidi made his Leicester debut on February 8, 2017, during the English FA Cup match against Derby County.
- He scored his first goal for the team with a long-range strike.
- On February 27, 2017, Ndidi outperformed Liverpool, winning 11 of his 14 tackles in a 3-1 victory.
- Ndidi made his Premier League debut for Leicester City on September 13, 2020, starting as a center-back and recording a clean sheet in a 3-0 victory away at West Bromwich Albion.
- On September 20, 2020, Ndidi sustained an adductor injury and was out for 6–12 weeks.
- On December 3, he made his comeback in Leicester’s Europa League defeat to Zorya Luhansk.
- Ndidi scored his first goal of the year during Leicester City’s league match against Chelsea on January 19, 2021.
- Leicester eventually won the game 2-0, moving the team to the top of the league standings.
- During his tenure at Nathaniel Boys of Lagos, Ndidi was a member of the Nigerian youth setup.
- His exclusion from the African U-17 Championship with Nigeria and that of two other players came as a precaution after an MRI age test revealed he was just barely above the cutoff.
- Despite this, he joined his compatriots in the U-20 squad the next year, helping to establish the foundation of the midfield.
- On October 8, 2015, he was called up to the senior Nigerian national football team.
- He made his debut in the exhibition match against the Democratic Republic of the Congo and returned a few days later in the 3-0 victory against Cameroon, coming on as John Obi-Mikel’s replacement in the 63rd minute.
- He was chosen by Nigeria for their 35-man preliminary Olympic team in 2016.
- He was included in Nigeria’s preliminary 30-man World Cup roster in May 2018.
- He participated in Nigeria’s opening game against Burundi and was a member of the 2019 African Cup of Nations team.
- FA Cup: 2020–21
- FA Community Shield: 2021
He is currently 27 years old (as of 2023).
He is 181 cm tall.
He plays as a midfielder.
After his transfer to Leicester City, his net worth is €34,000,000 (as of 2023).