Urvashi Dholakia Profile, Bio, Height, Affair, Family, Wiki
Urvashi Dholakia is an Indian television actress. She is best known for her role as Komolika in Kasautii Zindagii Kay and also known for participating in the television reality show Bigg Boss 6, where she was the winner in early 2013. She portrayed the evil character of Queen Iravati in the fantasy television series Chandrakanta on Colors TV. In 2019, she participated in Nach Baliye with Anuj Sachdeva. Urvashi Dholakia is an Indian model and actress. She is primarily known for her work in the small screen industry. Urvashi Dholakia Instagram.
Born on 9 July 1979, she completed her schooling from her hometown in New Delhi. The actress rose to fame for portraying the role of “Komolika Basu” in serial “Kasautii Zindagi Kay”. She played a negative role in the show which was hugely liked by the masses at that time making her the household name. Owing to her popularity, she has even won the television reality show “Bigg Boss” season 6. She has lakhs of followers from all over the world who love her acting and personality. Urvashi Dholakia Instagram.
She was born in New Delhi, India into a middle-class Hindu family. Her mother’s name is Kaushal Dholakia and her father’s name is not known. She has a brother named Anurup Dholakia. The actress is a mother of twins son named Sagar Dholakia and Kshitij Dholakia. She got married at the age of 16 years only but unfortunately, she got divorced and raised her kids all by herself. Urvashi is a strong woman who had been through a tough journey but in spite of everything, she managed to give all the possible comforts to her both sons. She is very close to her family especially her mother and children.
Father– Name Not Known (Passed Away)
Mother– Kaushal Dholakia
Siblings Brother- Anurup Dholakia
Sister- Not Known
Urvashi Dholakia Husband/ Boyfriend
The actress got married at the age of 16 and got divorced early in her marriage phase. Urvashi Dholakia Husband name is not known as the actress who has never spoken about her past life. She has been single since her divorced but at one point in time, there was a rumor of her dating her co-star Anuj Sachdeva. They got to know each other while shooting for a daily soap and things were going great between them until Anuj’s family came into the scene. Things went bad when Anuj’s family disapprove of their relationship and they never discussed it any further. However, this is just a rumor as none of the two have spoken about their relationship and have considered each other as good friends only who have nothing but respect for each other.
Marital Status Divorced
Affairs/Boyfriends Anuj Sachdeva (Actor) (Ex-Boyfriend)Urvashi with Anuj
Urvashi Dholakia Husband/Spouse: Urvashi Dholakia Husband Name Not Known
Children Sons (Twins)- Sagar Dholakia (Assistant Director), Kshitij DholakiaUrvashi Dholakia with her sons
Profession Model, Actress
Famous Role ‘Komolika Basu’ in the TV serial “Kasautii Zindagii Kay”
Urvashi Dholakia Instagram
Urvashi Dholakia Instagram: Urvashi Dholakia Instagram link-
Height (approx.) in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet inches- 5’ 4”
Weight (approx.) in Kilograms- 68 kg
in Pounds- 150 lbs
Figure Measurements (approx.) 34-30-36
Eye Colour Dark Brown
Hair Colour Light Brown (Dyed)
Debut TV: Waqt Ki Raftar (1997)
Awards • Indian Television Academy Award for Best Actress In Negative Role for Komolika Basu in 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007
• ITA Milestone Award for Komolika Basu in 2010
Urvashi Dholakia Net Worth
Urvashi Dholakia Net Worth: $79 Million
She Is From India.
Urvashi Dholakia Age, Personal Life
Date of Birth 9 July 1979
Urvashi Dholakia Age (Urvashi Dholakia Age as in 2019): Urvashi Dholakia Age is 40 Years
Birthplace Delhi, India
Zodiac sign Cancer
Hometown Delhi, India
School Not Known
Food Habit Non-Vegetarian
Hobbies Travelling, Dancing
Tattoo(s) • On Her Right Forearm: “Believe…Always & Forever”
• On Her Back: Mermaid and Yin Yang
• Behind Her Ear: Constellation of Her Sun Sign- Cancer
Urvashi Dholakia got into a war of words with Gauhar Khan on Twitter.
Favourite Food Fried Idli
Favourite TV Show American: Big Brother
Favourite Actor Salman Khan
Favourite Actresses Madhuri Dixit, Sridevi
Favourite Destinations Dubai, London
Favourite Restaurant White Rose Cafe in Andheri West (Mumbai)
Favourite Colour White
Favourite Quote “And the day came when the risk it took to remain tightly closed in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to bloom” – Anais Nin
Urvashi Dholakia Career/ Television Shows
She made her debut at the age of 6 with a TV commercial for Lux soap. Then in the year 1993, she made her debut on a small screen with serial “Dekh Bhai Dekh” as Shilpa. Later she appeared in shows like Waqt Ki Raftar, Ghar Ek Mandir, Kabhii Sautan Kabhii Sahelii, and a few more. But it was serial “Kasautii Zindagii Kay” which was the turning point in her career. She played the role of Komolika Basu and became everyone’s favorite in a negative role. Since then, there is no looking back for her and she did many different roles. Owing to her popularity, the actress has won the reality show “Bigg Boss 6” as well. Here is the list of all the serials and reality shows the actress has been part of
Year Television Shows Role
1993 Dekh Bhai Dekh Shilpa
1995 Zamana Badal Gaya Anju Mathur
1997 Waqt Ki Raftar
2001 Shaktimaan Mansi Sharma
2000–2001 Ghar Ek Mandir Sonia
2001–2002 Kabhii Sautan Kabhii Sahelii Sonia
2001–2008 Kasautii Zindagii Kay Komolika
2003–2005 Tum Bin Jaaoon Kahaan Shweta
2003 Kahani Terrii Merrii
2003–2007 Kahiin To Hoga Archie Khanna
2008–2009 Comedy Circus Celebrity Contestant with Shakeel Siddiqui
2009 Sacch Ka Saamna Herself
2009–2010 Bayttaab Dil Kee Tamanna Hai Karishma Mehra
2010 Meethi Choori No 1 Herself
2012 Dil Se Di Dua… Saubhagyavati Bhava? Dr. Komolika Rana
2012–2013 Bigg Boss 6 Herself (Series Winner)
2015 Badi Door Se Aaye Hai 555
2017–2018 Chandrakanta — Ek Mayavi Prem Gaatha Queen Iravati
2018 Juzzbaat Herself (as a guest)
2019 Ishq Mein Marjawan Mohini (Guest in Holi special mahasangam Episodes)
2019 Udaan Mohini (Guest in Holi special mahasangam Episodes)
2019 Kitchen Champion 5 Contestant
Urvashi Dholakia Hot
Some Of Urvashi Dholakia Hot Images Are Below:
Some Known Facts About Urvashi Dholakia
- Does Urvashi Dholakia smoke?: Not Known
- Does Urvashi Dholakia drink alcohol?: Yes
- Urvashi Dholakia did a TV commercial for Lux soap at the age of six.
- Dholakia began acting was when she was 11 years old. She was a part of Nadira Babbar’s theatre group “Ekjute.”
- She made her television debut in 1993 at the age of 14 with the TV serial- “Dekh Bhai Dekh.” After working in “Dekh Bhai Dekh,” she appeared in “Zamana Badal Gaya.”
- Urvashi was born in a Hindu Family to a Punjabi mother and Gujarati father.
- She got married at the age of sixteen and by the age of 19, she became a mother to twin sons. Her marriage did not work out and she parted ways within two years of her marriage. She has raised her sons singlehandedly.
- She garnered immense popularity by playing the role of ‘Komolika Basu’ in Star Plus’ TV serial “Kasautii Zindagii Kay.”
- In 2012, she was the winner of one of India’s most controversial shows- Bigg Boss season 6.
Dholakia took a two-year hiatus from the entertainment industry after winning Bigg Boss-6 as she wanted to be with her teenage sons.
- She has worked in many TV serials including “Ghar Ek Mandir,” “Kabhii Sautan Kabhii Sahelii,” “Kasautii Zindagii Kay,” “Kahiin To Hoga,” “Mehndi Tere Naam Kii” among others. She is best-known for the negative roles played by her. Urvashi’s favourite character to date is that of “Pooja” which she portrayed in “Mehndi Tere Naam Kii.”
- Urvashi is a trained Bharatnatyam dancer.
- In 2017, she worked in ColorsTV’s serial “Chandrakanta” in which she appeared in the role of Queen Iravati.
- In 2019, Urvashi appeared in season 9 of the dance reality show “Nach Baliye” with her ex-boyfriend, Anuj Sachdeva.
- Urvashi has a Siberian Husky named Jaeger.
- At the age of 6, Urvashi appeared in a TV advertisement.
- She made her acting debut in 1993 at the age of 14 on the Doordarshan TV channel.
- She got married at the age of 16 and have two sons.
- Urvashi is a big fan of Salman Khan and Shah Rukh Khan.
- Madhuri Dixit is her role model.
- She loves to travel, reading books, photography, and shopping.
- Her favorite destination is London.