Serge Gnabry is a German professional footballer who plays for Bundesliga club Bayern Munich as well as the German national team. Gnabry began playing football at a very young age and was a member of several local teams before being selected by Arsenal. Originally a member of the Arsenal youth team, he was soon promoted to the first team and played in the Premier League. His first season in Germany was spent with Bundesliga side Werder Bremen in 2016. Bayern Munich then signed him and he played a season on loan for 1899 Hoffenheim.
Since 2018, he has been playing for the Bayern Munich team and has won numerous awards, including Bayern Munich Player of the Season (2018-2019) and Bundesliga Player of the Month (October 2019). Furthermore, Gnabry has represented Germany’s youth team at numerous international competitions, and in 2016, he was selected to be part of its national senior team. He was a member of Germany’s Summer Olympics squad the same year. Ultimately, he was the tournament’s joint top scorer with Germany winning the silver medal.
- Timo Werner Biography, Age, Height, Family, Religion, Net Worth & Wiki
- Kieran Trippier Biography, Age, Height, Wife, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Serge Gnabry Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||Serge David Gnabry|
|Nick Name||• The Chef; Serge|
• The Sergeant
• Gucci Gnabry
|Age||27 (as in 2022) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Cancer|
|Birth Place||Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg, Germany|
|Date of Birth||14 July 1995|
|Residence||Munich, Bavaria, Germany|
|Home Town||Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg, Germany|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Playing guitar|
|Mother's Name||Birgit Gnabry|
|Father's Name||Jean-Hermann Gnabry|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Sarah Kehrer (2016-2019)|
• Sandra Jerze (2020-Present)
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Educational Qualification||Not Available|
|Profession||Professional Football Player|
|Brands Endorsed||• Adidas|
|Career Manager||Not Available|
|Debut Club||2017: FC Bayern Munich|
|Debut International||2016: Germany national football team |
|Current Team(s)||• FC Bayern Munich|
• Germany national football team
|Jersey Number||• 7 (FC Bayern Munich)|
• 10 (Germany national football team)
• Long shots
• Great in taking set-pieces
|Achievements||Serge Gnabry was named Bayern Munich Player of the Season in 2018-2019. He was also awarded the honour of Bundesliga Player of the Month for October 2019.|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 176 cm|
in meters- 1.76 m
in feet inches- 5’9”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 77 kg|
in pounds- 170 lbs
|Chest Size||39 inches|
|Biceps Size||14 inches|
|Waist Size||30 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Multiracial (Black and White), He is of Ivorian descent on his father’s side and German descent on his mother’s side.|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Distinctive Features||• Toned physique|
• Afro hairstyle
• Often sports a trimmed goatee
• Affable smile
|Dress Size||Not Available|
|Shoe Size||9 (US)|
|Favorite Playing Position||Midfielder|
|Favorite Car||Porsche 911 GTS|
|Favorite Footballer||Mesut Ozil|
|Favorite Sportsman||Mesut Ozil|
|Favorite Sport ||Basketball|
|Favorite Movie ||The Hangover|
Serge David Gnabry was born in Stuttgart, Germany, on 14 July 1995, to Jean Hermann Gnabry and Birgit Gnabry. He is the son of an Ivorian father and a German mother.
He has been involved with football since he was a child. He joined the local football club team TSV Weissach at the age of four. He then moved on to other clubs – TSF Ditzingen, GSV Hemmingen, SpVgg Feuerbach, Stuttgarter Kickers – before joining his hometown club VfB Stuttgart in 2006.
As a youngster, Gnabry was a talented sprinter who was inspired by Jamaican retired sprinter, Usain Bolt and aspired to reach the national level, but he ultimately chose football. He joined the Common Goal charity initiative in 2017 and pledged to donate 1% of his earnings to a fund managed by streetfootballworld, an NGO.
In order to personally witness how football is changing lives, he visited his father’s homeland, the Ivory Coast, in 2019 and visited TackleAfrica, an organization he supports through Common Goal, to learn more about their education-through-football program.
Serge Gnabry Net Worth
As of 2022, Serge Gnabry has a net worth of a whopping €8 million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||€8 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||€2.5 Million|
|Annual Salary||€3 Million|
|Market Value||$77.00 Million|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||• Porsche 911 GTS|
• Audi R8
• RS e-tron GT
• McLaren 720S
• Porsche Taycan Turbo
In Munich, he earns €3 million annually, and it goes without saying that playing for one of the biggest clubs comes with advantages. Arsenal purchased Gnabry for $100k from VfB Stuttgart, according to sources.
Similarly, the top flight side loaned the winger to West Bromwich Albion, and a year later, the Gunners sold one of their prospects to Werder Bremen for a reported €5 million. At the same time, the German international record reached a market value of €2.5 million.
Bundesliga record champions Bayern Munich then swapped in for Werder’s services, handing over €8 million. During the same time, the up-and-coming winger was already causing a stir in the Bundesliga, and his market value reached €15 million.
A loan spell at TSG Hoffenheim saw Serge retain that value, and on June 30, 2018, he would join Bayern Munich permanently. Furthermore, it is astonishing to learn that from a market value of €500k at Arsenal, Gnabry recorded €20 million in his first year with Bayern.
Gradually, the value grew, and on March 11, 2020, the sensational winger topped his career-high market value of €90 million. Due to the economic crisis waged by COVID-19 during that month, this value only lasted for a moment.
After that, his value dropped to €72 million, and even then, he ranks 3rd just behind Kai Havertz and Jadon Sancho and 5th among all right-wingers. No matter if he is the highest value or not, Serge enjoys his time at Bayern. The German international receives an incredible €5 million a year after signing the contract with the Bavarians.
The winger is also affiliated with Common Goal, an organization that uses football to bring about social change and improve the lives of others. Additionally, he earns external income through his endorsement deal with the sporting brand Adidas.
Serge’s outfitting is the company’s responsibility. However, during the off-season, Gnabry travels to Dubai, Los Angeles, etc., to spend his holidays.
- Abby Wambach Biography, Age, Wife, Family, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
- Alexis Sánchez Biography, Age, Height, Wife, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
- Arsenal signed Serge Gnabry in 2010 after he played for VfB Stuttgart for around five years. Having turned sixteen in 2011, he joined the Arsenal youth team and made his debut in the 2011-2012 season.
- He played for most of the season for the under-18 team, but due to his impressive performance, he was soon elevated to the reserve team. He played six games and scored two goals in that time.
- After playing for Arsenal’s first team in a pre-season friendly match against FC Köln, he made his professional debut against Coventry City in September 2012.
- He made his Premier League debut against Norwich City in October 2012. At 17 years and 98 days old, he became the second-youngest Arsenal player to play in the Premier League after Jack Wilshere (16 years and 256 days).
- After a few days, he played in the UEFA Champions League against Schalke 04 on his debut.
- During the 2013-2014 season, he scored his first professional goal against Swansea City. Arsenal won the match by 2-1. In the same match against Crystal Palace, he also scored a penalty and helped Arsenal to a 2–0 victory.
- Despite making only 14 appearances in the season, he had a memorable performance against Tottenham Hotspur and Coventry, which helped Arsenal win the FA Cup.
- The promising start was soon halted by a knee injury and Gnabry did not play for Arsenal’s first team during the 2014-2015 campaign.
- In 2015, he was loaned out to West Bromwich Albion for one season; however, in the 2015-2016 season, he only made three competitive appearances – one Premier League and two League Cup appearances.
- In addition to his club career, Serge Gnabry also represented Germany at different national youth levels – under-16, under-17, under-18, and U19 – and scored 10 goals in 24 games. Additionally, he played for Germany’s U21 team (2015-2017) and scored four goals in 16 appearances.
- In July 2016, he was part of the team that competed at the 2016 Summer Olympics. In six appearances, he scored six goals and finished as the tournament’s joint-top scorer with Nils Petersen. Germany won the silver medal.
- In August 2016, he joined Bundesliga side Werder Bremen from Arsenal. The player made 27 league appearances and scored 11 goals during his single season with the club.
- The following year, Gnabry was named to the German national team for the first time and scored three goals against San Marino in his debut match in a 2018 World Cup qualifier. The Germans defeated San Marino 8-0.
- He was a part of Germany’s U21 squad that won the 2017 UEFA European Under-21 Championship.
- In 2017, he transferred to Bayern Munich from Werder Bremen and was immediately loaned out to TSG 1899 Hoffenheim on a season-long loan. The first two goals he scored for the club came against Leipzig in December.
- An incredibly long-range goal, his second, was scored with a lob from 45 yards over goalkeeper Peter Gulacsi. It was dubbed the Goal of the Month by German broadcasters.
- Serge Gnabry ended the season with 26 appearances (including two appearances in UEFA Champions League and one appearance in UEFA Europa League) and 10 goals.
- During the season, he also played in the Regionalliga Südwest for Hoffenheim II’s reserve squad.
- Bayern Munich signed him in 2018 and he scored his first Bundesliga goal for the club against Freiburg.
- He scored Bayern Munich’s 4000th Bundesliga goal against Gladbach the following year. Bayern Munich was the first team to reach the milestone.
- In the 2018-2019 Bundesliga season, Serge Gnabry appeared in 30 matches and scored 10 goals, the second-most in Bayern Munich. Additionally, he played in 5 domestic cup competitions (FA Cup and DFB-Pokal) scoring 3 goals and making 7 appearances in the UEFA Champions League.
- Also during the season, he won his first Bundesliga title as Bayern topped the League table. Additionally, Bayern won the DFB-Pokal Cup.
- During the 2019-2020 season, he scored 23 goals in 46 appearances, including 10 UEFA Champions League appearances in which he scored nine goals. The win against Paris Saint-Germain gave him his first Champions League title.
- Gnabry and Bayern Munich won the DFL-Supercup, the UEFA Super Cup, and the FIFA Club World Cup in 2020.
- Meanwhile, Gnabry became the fastest player to score 10 goals for Germany’s national team while playing for the national team. In his 11th appearance, he scored his 10th goal against Argentina in a friendly match that ended in a 2-2 draw.
Facts About Serge Gnabry
- Serge began his youth career at just 4, spending time with the youth academies of local clubs such as TSV Weissach (1999-2000), TSF Ditzingen (2000-2001), GSV Hemmingen (2001-2003), SpVgg Feuerbach (2003-2005), and Stuttgarter Kickers (2005-2006).
- The German club VfB Stuttgart selected him in their youth program in 2006, and he stayed with the team until 2011 when the club agreed to a £100k deal with Arsenal.
- The 17-year-old played his first English Premier League game for the club, and he was the second-youngest player to represent the club in the league’s history following Jack Wilshere.
- He was Germany’s joint top scorer at the 2016 Olympic Games, where they finished as runners-up.
- In a 2018 FIFA World Cup qualification match against San Marino, he scored a hat-trick on his debut for Germany’s senior national team in November 2016.
- He scored his 10th goal for Germany in just his 11th game for his nation, beating Miroslav Klose’s record by two games and becoming the fastest German player to the milestone.
- During his first season with Bayern Munich, he was named the club’s ‘Player of the Season’.
- Bayern became the first team to achieve that milestone after he scored the club’s 4000th goal in the Bundesliga on March 2, 2019.
- He became the first player to score six away goals against London-based clubs in one Champions League edition when he scored twice against English club Chelsea in January 2020.
How do you pronounce gnabry?
Serge Gnabry told fans how to pronounce his tricky name. During a Q&A session, a fan asked how he pronounced his surname. He answered: “It’s GER-NAB-REE – you pronounce the G!”.
What happened to gnabry?
FC Bayern’s medical staff confirmed that the forward tore a muscle in his left thigh after yesterday’s 1-0 victory over Tigres UANL in the FIFA Club World Cup final. So far this season, Gnabry has played in 28 of 32 competitive matches and scored six goals.
How much did Arsenal sell Serge Gnabry for?
That would make the paltry £4.25m Arsenal paid for him even more absurd in a summer in which Paul Pogba moved for a gazillion pounds just a year after Anthony Martial moved for half a billion. No one is claiming Serge is at their level, but give him time.
Is Serge Gnabry good?
Sergio is creative, he can score goals, right-footed, left-footed, he has good power, good penetration, and he’s very, very clever with his timing,” said Arsene Wenger last year, highlighting the many qualities held by a player he’d sold against his wishes years earlier.
How long is Serge Gnabry’s contract?
Apparently, Sport Bild thinks the two sides will reach an agreement. Bayern could benefit from extending Gnabry’s current contract, which expires in 2023, in order to reduce uncertainty around Kingsley Coman’s future.