Trisha Krishnan was born on May 4, 1983, known mononymously as Trisha, is an Indian actress and model, who works mainly in South Indian films, where she established herself as a leading actress. She was noticed after winning several beauty contests like the Miss Madras contest (1999), which marked her entrance into the cinema. Trisha is an Indian film actress and model who majorly works in the Tamil film industry.
She started her career in 1999 after winning Miss Madras’ beauty pageant. The real age of actress Trisha is 36 years. Since childhood, she wanted to become a criminal psychologist and a social worker. However, she turned down those things and pursue to go with the modeling and acting field. In addition, apart from being a hot and popular actress, she is a Goodwill Ambassador of the PETA organization.
Trisha Family Wiki/Bio
[table id=711 /]
Trisha Krishnan Net Worth
Being one of the leading actresses in Tollywood, Trisha has a net worth of $10 million as of 2023. Her source of income includes acting, modeling and endorsement deals. Currently, she is the brand ambassador for Fanta, Scooty Pep+ and PETA.
[table id=712 /]
Trisha Krishnan Hot Images
Trisha Krishnan Movies/Career
[table id=713 /]
Trisha was born in Krishnan and Uma in Chennai to a Tamil Brahmin family in Palakkad, Kerala. She completed her studies at the Sacred Heart Matriculation School in Church Park, Chennai, and then completed a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) course at Ethiraj College for Women (Chennai). She ventured into modeling and appeared in several print and television commercials. In 1999, she won the beauty contest “Miss Salem”, and later that year, the Miss Madras contest. She also won the “Beautiful Smile” Award at the 2001 Miss India Contest.
Trisha had aspired to become a criminal psychologist at first and resisted the idea of continuing to act because she wanted to finish her studies first. She also appeared in the music video of Falguni Pathak Meri Chunar Udd Udd Jaye as a friend of Ayesha Takia, who was led by Radhika Rao and Vinay Sapru.
Later, she was approached for an acting role in the Tamil film Lesa Lesa by Indian director Priyadarshan, who ushered in her professional career as an actress. During her college studies, she had worked on a tight filming schedule, making it difficult to pursue her studies. However, she compensated by attending summer school.
Some Known Facts About Trisha Krishnan
- Does Trisha smoke?: Not Known
- Does Trisha drink alcohol?: Yes
- Trisha started her acting career in 1999 by playing the role of Gayathri’s friend in the Tamil film Jodi.
- She aspired to become a criminal psychologist but later she chose acting as her career.
- She won various titles such as Miss Salem in 1999, Miss Madras Contest in 1999, Miss Chennai in 1999 and Miss India Beautiful Smile in 2001.
- She appeared in Falguni Pathak’s popular video song Meri Chunar Udd Udd Jaye.
- She has worked in different languages like Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, and Malayalam.
- She won numerous Best Actress awards like CineMAA Award, Edison Award, Filmfare Award South, International Tamil Film Award, Nandi Awards, Santosham Film Award, South Indian International Movie Award, and Tamil Nadu State Film Award.
- She also won several other popular awards such as JFW Awards for Diva of South India in 2012 & Women Achiever in 2013, NDTV Award for Southern Star of the Year in 2010, Ritz Award for Icon Award in 2012, South Indian International Movie Awards for Youth Icon of South Indian Cinema in 2012 & 10 years of excellence in cinema in 2013, Behindwoods Award for Women Achiever in 2015, and Vijay Award for Special Award for 10 Years in 2013.
- She is an ardent animal lover and has been the goodwill ambassador of PETA.
- She is also the brand ambassador of Fanta India, Scooty Pep+, and Vivel Di Wills.
- She featured in various advertisements of popular brands like Britannia, Cold Coffee, Kurl-on mattresses, Junior Horlicks, and Lalitha Jewelers.
- In 2015, she got engaged to film producer Varun Manian and in the same year, they called off their engagement because Varun wanted her to quit acting, which was against her decision.
- She made her Malayalam debut with Nivin Pauly in the 2018 film Hey Jude. Critics unanimously praised her performance in the Tamil romantic drama ’96 opposite Vijay Sethupathi. India Today’s Janani K praised her performance as the best of her career. As Jaanu in ’96, she won several awards, including Best Actress at Filmfare Awards South, SIIMA Awards, Edison Awards, Norway Tamil Film Festival Awards, and Ananda Vikatan Cinema Awards.
- In 2019, she appeared in the Tamil film Petta alongside superstar Rajinikanth.
- As Kundavai in Mani Ratnam’s Ponniyin Selvan: I, she received positive reviews for her performance as the Chola princess.