Traci Lords (Traci Elizabeth Lords) is a well-known American actress and singer, who had controversies with her career as she had acted in adult movies while she was still underage. Ironically, she decided to turn her attention towards mainstream cinema after reaching the legitimate age. She had a difficult childhood as she was exposed to the harsh realities of life even before her teenage years. However, she waded through rough waters and fought her way. She has acted in a number of television series and movies. She has produced some award-winning performances in movies like ‘Chump Change’ and ‘Excision.’ She entered the music world with her studio album ‘1000 Fires,’ followed by her EP ‘Sunshine’ and compilation album ‘M2F2.’
She has seen a lot of ups and downs in her life and these details have been captured in her autobiography, ‘Tracy Lords: Underneath It All,’ which made it to the ‘New York Times Best Sellers’ list. Today, she is married to Jeff Lee and lives happily with their son, Joseph Gunnar Lee. Lords are an inspiration to those who have the will to succeed even in the face of adversity.
Traci Lords Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||Traci Lords|
|Nick Name||Traci Elizabeth Lords|
|Age||55 Years (as of 2023)|
|Debut||Album: 1000 Fires (1995)|
Film: Not of This Earth (1988)
TV Show: Wiseguy (1989)
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Taurus|
|Birth Place||Steubenville, Ohio, USA|
|Date of Birth||7 May 1968|
|Home Town||Not Known|
|Mother's Name||Patricia Louise|
|Father's Name||Louis Kuzma|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Brook Yeaton (1990-1996) – Traci started dating Brook Yeaton (he works in the art department for various movies; has also acted in and produced different movies) in 1990. They married on September 20, 1990. The couple divorced in early January 1996.|
Riki Rachtman (1992) – She had a fling with talk show host Riki Rachtman in 1992.
Joey Ramone (1993) – Singer Joey Ramone and Traci Lords dated very briefly in 1993.
John Enos III (1996) – After splitting from Brook Yeaton, Traci dated actor John Enos III (John is 6 years her senior) in 1996.
Ryan Riel Grainger (1999-2000) – On June 26, 1999, Traci Lords married Ryan Riel Grainger. However, on February 1, 2000, the couple divorced. This was a short-lived relationship.
Jeffrey Lee (2001-Present) – In 2001, Jeff Lee and Traci Lords started dating each other. On February 23, 2002, the couple got married. On October 7, 2007, Traci gave birth to the couple’s first child, son Joseph Gunnar.
Haley Hudson (2005) – In 2005, she was RUMORed to have a fling with American actress Haley Hudson.
Marital Status, Husband and Children
|Husband/Spouse||Jeff Gruenewald (m. 2002)|
Ryan Granger (m. 1999–2000)
Brook Yeaton (m. 1990–1996)
|Marriage Date||Joseph Gunnar Lee (Son)|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Profession||Actress, Singer, Model, Writer, Producer, Director|
|Brands Endorsed||Not Known|
|Career Manager||Not Known|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in Feet: 5′ 7″|
Height in Meters: 1.70 m
|Weight (Approx.)||in Pounds: 121 lbs|
in Kilogram: 55 kg
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||White|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
|Dress Size||6 (US)|
|Shoe Size||8.5 (US)|
|Favourite Actress||Not Known|
|Favourite Actors||Not Known|
|Favourite Colors||Not Known|
|Favourite Sport||Not Known|
Traci Lords Family, Education & More
- Traci Lords was born Nora Louise Kuzma in Steubenville, Ohio on May 7, 1968. Her father, Louis, was of Ukrainian descent and her mother, Patricia, was of Irish origin. Traci was raised along with her three sisters.
- Her father was an alcoholic and worked in the steel industry. He would always come home drunk and abuse her mother, which resulted in their divorce when Traci was seven years old. The girls were brought up by their mother in their grandparents’ house. Her mother started working part-time at Ohio University to make ends meet.
- This was just the beginning of a difficult childhood that she had to endure. When she was 10, she was raped by a 16-year-old boy at the birthday party of a friend. When Traci was 12 years old, her mother started a relationship with her new boyfriend and moved to Lawndale, California, with her children.
- Her mother’s new boyfriend was no better than her father. He was a cocaine dealer and often molested Traci. Her mother broke up with him and moved on with another boyfriend. This time, Traci and her elder sister refused to accompany their mother. Traci attended Redondo Union High School in Redondo Beach, California. Her childhood experiences made her rebellious and she blamed her mother for her plight.
- She got pregnant at the age of 14 and went in for an abortion without the knowledge of her mother. She then got a fake driver’s license by pretending to be 22, when she was just 15 and used it to apply for jobs.
- She initially worked as a babysitter and went on to pose for magazines like Velvet, Juggs, and Club. Eventually, she got an assignment with the Penthouse magazine’s 15th-anniversary issue. Around this time, she adopted the stage name, Traci Lords.
- She quit high school at the age of 15 and entered the adult film industry. She appeared in her first adult movie in 1984, while she was still a minor. She soon earned fame and appeared in explicit adult movies, including ‘Talk Dirty to Me’, which won the ‘AVN Award for Best Movie.’
- She also appeared in the music video ‘Gimme Gimme Good Lovin’ of a heavy metal band called ‘Helix.’ She wanted to quit the industry at the age of 17 but was roped in with her boyfriend, Stuart Dell, with whom she started the ‘Traci Lords Company’ that produced adult films.
- When she was 18, authorities somehow came to know that she had appeared in adult movies while she was underage, after which she was taken into protective custody. Her promoters had to fight an expensive legal battle, while her movies were taken off the shelf. By now, she had attained the legal age to act in adult movies but chose to join mainstream entertainment.
- She joined the ‘Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute’ for a three-month course on ‘Method Acting’ and launched herself into the industry with a guest role in the television series, ‘Wiseguy.’
Traci Lords Net Worth
According to Woodgram, Traci Lords’s estimated Net Worth, Salary, Income, Cars, Lifestyles & much more details has been updated below. Let’s check, How Rich is Traci Lords in 2023?
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||$8 million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$7 million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||$5.5 Million|
|Annual Salary||Under Review.|
|Income Source||Actress, Singer, Model, Writer, Producer, Director|
Noted, Currently We don’t have enough information about Cars, Monthly/Yearly Salary etc. We will update soon.
In 1990, she released her fitness video, ‘Warm up with Traci.’ The video was further improved and a second version of the same was released under the title, ‘Traci Lords: Advanced Jazzthetics,’ in 1993. She signed a contract with ‘Radioactive Records’ and recorded the song ‘Love Never Dies’ for the movie ‘Pet Sematary Two’ and the song ‘Little Baby Nothing’ by Manic Street Preachers. She also featured in a television film, ‘The Tommyknockers,’ which was based on Stephen King’s book of the same name American.
Traci proved the versatility and appeared in varied roles, including a lead role in the romantic comedy film ‘Chump Change.’ She then appeared in an important role in the science fiction series, ‘First Wave.’ In 2008, she appeared in the science fiction direct-to-DVD movie, ‘Princess of Mars.’ Having attained celebrity status, she appeared in the reality show ‘Celebrity Wife Swap’ in 2015, where she changed roles with Jackee Harry. ‘Nightmare Nurse’ is one of her recent movies.
Some Known Facts About Traci Lords
- She Became an American nude Actress for adult magazines as a teen.
- The stage name Actress was derived from a friend’s first name and Hawaii Five-0 actor Jack Lord.
- This Actress Appeared in dozens of pornographic films beginning at age 16; these films were later deemed illegal by (American)U.S. authorities after her true age was discovered.
- Made her first legal adult film, Traci, I Love You, in 1986, a day after turning 18; it was also her last porn movie.
- This Actress studied acting at Lee Strasberg’s Theater and American Film Institute.
- The first nonadult feature film of This Actress was the Roger Corman-produced Not of This Earth (1988).
- Recorded her debut solo album 1000 Fires in 1995; the first single, “Control,” peaked at No. 2 on the Billboard Dance Chart.
- Released her autobiography, Traci Lords: Underneath It All, in 2003.
- Recorded the single “Last Drag” in 2011.
- Works with the charity Children of the Night to help victims of sexual abuse.