Famously known as Jose Gaya, Jose Luis Gaya Pena (born 25 May 1995) plays left-back for La Liga Club Valencia. Additionally, he serves as the club’s captain. Additionally, this bold leader plays for the Spain national team. The Spaniard is well known for his defensive skills. Valencia and the Spanish national team have relied on this athlete for a long time. Having played for the club for more than a decade, Jose Gaya is a well-structured defender.
One of the club’s captains, this player stands up for his teammates and provides an uplifting presence in the locker room. Gaya made his senior debut in 2012 and went on to appear in more than 250 competitive games. He is a Valencia academy graduate athlete who prefers to shoot with his left foot.
Jose Gaya Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||José Luis Gayà Peña|
|Nick Name||Jose Gaya|
|Age||28 (as in 2023) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Gemini|
|Born Place||Pedreguer, Spain|
|Date of Birth||25 May 1995|
|Home Town||Pedreguer, Spain|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Horse Riding, Swimming|
|Mother's Name||Eloísa Peña|
|Father's Name||José Luis Gayà|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Wife/Spouse||Vikki Devesa (to be)|
|School||Valencia youth academy|
|College/University||Valencia youth academy|
|Career Manager/ Player Agent||Toldra Consulting S.L.|
|Debut Club||• 2014: Valencia CF|
|Debut International||• 2014: Spain national football team|
|Jersey Number||• 14 (Valencia CF)|
• 14 (Spain national football team)
|Current Team(s)||• Valencia CF|
• Spain national football team
|Position||Defender - Left-Back|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 171 cm|
in meters- 1.71 m
in feet inches- 5'7”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 66 kg|
in pounds- 146 lbs
|Chest Size||39 inches|
|Biceps Size||12 inches|
|Waist Size||30 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Spanish|
|Distinctive Features||Not Available|
|Dress Size||6 U.S.|
|Shoe Size||7 UK|
|Favorite Playing Position||Defender|
|Favorite Car||Not Available|
|Favorite Food||Fruits and Veg|
|Favorite Pet Animal||Dog|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||Iphone|
Jose Gaya Net Worth
In July 2014 the left-back signed a contract with Valencia extended from 2018 to 2023 that netted him a whopping salary of £3,016,000 per year. We have crunched the numbers, this means he earns £8,263 per day and £344 per hour!
Salary & Net Worth Updated 2023
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||6 Million Euro (5.3 Million Pound)|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||4 Million Euro (3.3 Million Pound)|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||Not Available|
|Per Month Salary||£251,334|
|Per Week Salary||£58,000|
|Per Day Salary||£8,263|
|Per Hour Salary||£344|
|Per Minute Salary||£5.7|
|Current Contract||With Valencia CF|
|Contract Signed||Jul 1, 2014|
|Contract Expires||Jun 30, 2023|
|Contract Signing Amount or Transfer Fee||$44.00 Million|
|Market Value||$44.00 Million|
|Highest Market Value||$55.50 Million (Jun 11, 2019)|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||Not Available|
His stock is on the rise thanks to his performances on the pitch. He has a net worth of around 6 million euros (5.3 million pounds) as of 2023, and his market value is about 50 million Euros.
Jose Gaya FIFA 22 Potential And Rating
Jose Gaya is currently 28 years old and plays as a Full Back for Valencia CF in Spain. In FIFA 22, he has an overall rating of 83, with a potential rating of 86. Gayà has got a 4-star skillmoves rating.
Jose Gaya FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|58||Sprint Speed||82||Sliding Tackle|
|76||FK Accuracy||9||GK Kicking|
|75||Long Passing||12||GK Positioning|
Whenever he shoots, he prefers to use his left foot. His workrate is high/medium. In our database, Gaya is estimated to weigh 66 kg and stand 171 cm tall. Jose Gaya plays with the number 14 at the moment.
- As a product of Valencia CF’s youth system, Gaya played as a striker for over a year before switching to left back.
- As a reserve player, he would play 21 minutes in a 1–0 away win against Andorra CF in Segunda División B, his sole appearance for the season.
- His first official game with the club was a 2–0 away win over UE Llagostera in the round of 32 of the Copa del Rey on 30 October 2012.
- The following year, he made his first appearance in the UEFA Europa League in a 1–1 draw at home with FC Kuban Krasnodar.
- In his first game in La Liga with the Che, Gaya played the full 90 minutes in a 0–1 home loss to eventual champions Atlético Madrid.
- He scored the first goal in a 3–1 loss to Benfica in that year’s Emirates Cup.
- In 2014–15, new manager Nuno Espirito Santo made Gaya a starter.
- Against Córdoba CF on 25 September 2014, he scored his first goal as a professional and in the Spanish top flight.
- In January of the following year, he scored again to help Mestalla beat RCD Espanyol 2–1.
- Gaya signed a 10-year contract with a €50 million buyout clause on 8 May 2015.
- May 2018 saw a further extension until 2023 with a €100 million release clause.
- After keeping a clean sheet against Manchester United in October, ESPN FC selected him for their Champions League Best XI.
- Gaya and teammates Ezequiel Garay and Eliaquim Mangala tested positive for COVID-19 virus in March 2020.
- In August, the entire squad was put up for sale except him due to the economic effects of the pandemic.
- As Dani Parejo was shipped to Villarreal CF, he took over as permanent captain.
- Gaya earned 34 caps for Spain, including youth levels.
- He was called to the full squad for friendly matches against Costa Rica and Belarus but did not make his debut.
- His first match was a 6–0 home win over Croatia in the UEFA Nations League.
- In the same competition, he equalized in the 97th minute of a 1–1 away draw against Germany on 3 September 2020.
- Gaya was named to Luis Enrique’s 24-man squad for Euro 2020 on 24 May 2021.
- In Copenhagen, he played 77 minutes in the 5–3 extra-time victory over Croatia.
Facts About Jose Gaya
- Spain’s left-back has consolidated his position despite playing for a struggling Valencia team this season.
- As Valencia’s captain, Gaya is probably the best player on the team, as Valencia is 12th in La Liga.
- Gaya could have switched teams, but he stayed due to his sense of belonging to the club, making him a rarity today.
- Gaya is best known as an attacking full-back, sometimes becoming Valencia’s main offensive threat.
- The fact that he has made five assists shows this.
- As a result, he has earned himself a place in the Spanish team because Spain has always had offensive full-backs.
- Similar traits can be found in Jordi Alba, who also came from Valencia’s academy.
- Gaya is known for his attacking ability. To be known for this, he creates danger in different ways.
- It’s probably the best thing about him that he varies in his attacks, making him a more complete left-back.
- Only a few full-backs can get to the by-line and cross it.
- In spite of this, Gaya attacks in different ways throughout the game, making him unpredictable.
- Passing patterns with teammates is the first way he creates danger. Despite being rehearsed in training, these plays are simple and efficient, which makes them more admired.
- These passing combinations are usually made with the left-winger to get past a 2vs2 situation.
- As Gaya passes to the left-winger, the left-winger notices that his defender is facing him, meaning that it will take more time for him to turn around if Gayá makes a run behind.
Who does Jose Gaya play for?
- Valencia CF
- Spain national football team
How good is Jose Gaya?
His passing range is excellent, and his crossings can be dangerous as well. His dribbling success rate this season is 80% and he has 2-2 assists and goals in 13 league matches. She is a blend of intelligence and technique. A modern full-back should have all the qualities that make him a complete left-back.
What position is Gaya?
Defender Is Jose Gaya injured?
Valencia’s captain, Jose Gaya, left the game in the first half due to injury. His contract at Mestalla expires in 2023, and he has been heavily linked with a move to Barcelona.
Jose Gaya’s biography teaches us that we need to mentally prepare for life’s challenges. Moreover, it is normal for aspiring footballers to encounter roadblocks on the way to becoming professionals.
Jose Gaya’s parents prepared him for life by being doggedly persistent. In the story, the Spanish were able to overcome many rejections by strengthening his character and lowering his expectations.
During the process of writing Jose Gaya’s bio, we discovered something about him – one of his most prominent characteristics. It is nothing other than his forgiving spirit. Despite coming from a humble family, the footballer has shown us that he has a great attitude.
Here Is An Appreciation Note For Your Consideration
Thank you for reading this engaging article about the life journey of the Spanish footballer. Hopefully, Jose Gaya’s childhood story has made you believe that patience and persistence can overcome anything.
At WoodGram, we strive for fairness and accuracy in our biographies. Feel free to contact us or leave a comment below if you found anything fishy in this article on Jose Gaya.