Givanildo Vieira de Sousa, more commonly known as Hulk (Footballer), is a Brazilian professional football player who plays for the Atlético Mineiro after returning from Shanghai SIPG and also plays for the Brazilian national team. In the past, he has played for Japanese teams Kawasaki Frontal and Tokyo Verdy. His professional career began with the Esporte Clube Vitoria. In 2007, he scored 37 goals in 42 matches, which made him the season’s leading scorer. He resided in Japan for a total of three years.
In 2001, he won the UEFA Europa League Championship with the club Porto and went on to win ten major titles there, including his third national championship. As well as winning the league’s top goalscorer accolade once, he also won the club’s best player award. After joining Zenit Saint Petersburg of the Russian Premier League in 2012, he became a player for the club. He was honored several times during his tenure with the club. Since 2016, he has been with the Shanghai SIPG. His international debut came in 2009 and he competed in the Olympic Games in 2012. He played for Brazil at the 2014 FIFA World Cup and won the 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup for the national team of Brazil.
Hulk (Footballer) Wiki/Bio
|Birth Name||Givanildo Vieira de Sousa|
|Age||37 (as in 2023) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Leo|
|Birth Place||Campina Grande, Brazil|
|Date of Birth||25 July 1986|
|Residence||Campina Grande, Brazil|
|Home Town||Campina Grande, Brazil|
|Hobbies||Watching TV, Playing on Playstation, Playing Pool|
|Mother’s Name||Maria do Socorro Souza|
|Father’s Name||Jovan Souza|
|Sisters||• Gilvânia Souza,|
• Nilda Souza
• Jéssica Souza
• Nayara Souza
• Irmãs Souza
• Angélica Aparecida Vieira de Souza
• Corrinha Souza
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Ex- Wife||Iran Angelo (2007–2019) – Hulk had married Iran Angelo in 2007, having first met her in Japan while he was representing Japanese professional soccer club Kawasaki Frontale (2005, 2006-2008).|
|Wife/Spouse||Camila Angelo (2019–Present) – A few months later, in October 2019, Hulk had, rather controversially, started dating Iran’s niece, Camila Angelo. In March 2020, it was reported that the pair had married, partly because Camila had needed a visa to stay in China with Hulk who was representing the Chinese professional soccer club Shanghai Port F.C. (2016–2020) and was staying in that country at that time. In September 2021, it was reported that they were expecting their first child together.|
|Children||Daughters- Alice Souza|
Sons- • Ian Souza
• Tiago Souza
Iran Angelo is the mother of all three children.
|Educational Qualification||Not Available|
|Profession||Brazilian Professional Footballer|
|Brands Endorsed||Not Available|
|Career Manager||Not Available|
|Debut Club||In 2004 for Vitória|
|Debut International||In 2009 for Brazilian National Team|
|Current Team(s)||• Brazilian national football team|
• Atlético Mineiro
|Jersey Number||• 12, 19, 7, 21, 20 (Brazil)|
• 19, 11 (Kawasaki Frontale)
• 10 (Consadole Sapporo)
• 9 (Tokyo Verdy)
• 12 (FC Porto)
• 29, 7 (FC Zenit Saint Petersburg)
• 8, 10 (Shanghai Port F.C.)
• 7 (Clube Atlético Mineiro)
|Position||Forward and Winger|
|Achievements (main ones)||• In 2007, playing for Tokyo Verdy, he scored 37 goals in 42 games and became the top goalscorer of the season.|
• Playing for Portuguese club Porto, Hulk won ten major title incorporating
the 2010–11 UEFA Europa League and three national championships and he was crowned the league’s top scorer once.
• In 2010-11 season, playing for Porto he scored a hat-trick against K.R.C. Genk for the UEFA Europa League’s play-off stage.
|Career Turning Point||In 2007-08 season, he played for Tokyo verdy and netted 37 goals in just 42 matches.|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm|
in meters- 1.80 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 11”
|Weight (Approx.)||in Kilograms- 86 kg|
in Pounds- 189.5 lbs
|Chest Size||42 inches|
|Biceps Size||15 inches|
|Waist Size||34 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Latin|
|Distinctive Features||• Toned physique|
• Short-cropped, side-parted hair
• Often sports a light stubble
• Affable smile
• Has tattoos on both his forearms
|Dress Size||Not Available|
|Shoe Size||Not Available|
|Favorite Playing Position||Forward and Winger|
|Favorite Footballer ||Neymar|
Givanildo Vieira de Sousa was born on 25th July 1986, in Campina Grande, Brazil, to Maria do Socorro Souza and Jovan Souza. Givanildo has numerous siblings. The name Hulk was given to him by his father, who compared his son’s behavior to that of the famous Marvel Comics’ superhero of the same name. Another reason he is associated with the name is that he resembles the actor Lou Ferrigno, who played the Incredible Hulk on the TV show of the same name.
It is unknown what his childhood was like or his personal life. He was married to Iran Angelo. The couple also has three children. He regularly posts pictures of his companion and children on his authority Instagram account.
Nonetheless, the couple isolated their get-togethers for 12 years of marriage. He unexpectedly married his ex, Camilo Angelo, recently. Hulk himself revealed the data since he had nothing to hide.
The essential thing for him is being authentic, so he should avoid lying and being noxious. Currently, the couple enjoys a cheerful existence without any irritants. His s*xual direction is straight and he isn’t g*y. Seven of his sisters are named Imas, Jessica, Nilda, Corrinha, Nayara, Angelica Aparecida and Gilvania Souza.
Hulk (Footballer) Net Worth
Hulk has a net worth of $75 million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||$75 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$70 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||$55 Million|
|Annual Salary||$8 Million|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||Brand names are not available.|
After joining Russian Premier League side Zenit Saint Petersburg for €60 million in 2012, he won every homegrown distinction and was named the opposition’s best player and top scorer each time. A contract was signed with Shanghai SIPG for €58.6 million out of 2016.
- In 2004, Hulk began his professional career with Esporte Clube Vitoria in Salvador, Bahia. As a loan player, he then played for Kawasaki Frontale Sapporo Consadole Sapporo in 2005.
- In 2007, he moved to Tokyo Verdy where he proved to be an extremely efficient player. His 37 goals in 42 games also made him the top goal scorer for the season.
- The next team he joined was Porto of Portugal. As a member of the team, he scored his first goal against C.F. Os Belenenses. UEFA.com selected him as one of the Top 10 Stars of the season as his performances improved.
- Throughout his career, he won the Portuguese League Player of the Month award six times. He also became the league’s top scorer once and won ten major titles, including the 2010-11 UEFA Europa League and three national titles.
- He began playing for Zenit Saint Petersburg in the Russian Premier League in 2012. The game, which ended in a 2-2 draw, was his second league match, and he scored his first goal.
- The club announced that Hulk would be leaving in January 2013 after disagreements with the head coach, Luciano Spalletti. Despite his desire to play for more than two clubs during the season, FIFA regulations prohibited him from playing for more than two teams. He has been forced to stay at Chelsea until June 2013.
- His actions with the club’s management were later discovered to be amendable. In the 2015-16 UEFA Champions League group stage, he was named one of the best players.
- A £45 million contract was reported to have been signed by Hulk when he joined the Chinese club Shanghai SIPG in 2016. In September of the same year, he scored his first two goals for his team against Beijing Guoan. As well as marking his return from a 2-month injury layoff, the match marked his first appearance since July.
- The two goals Hulk scored against Beijing Guoan were his first goals since returning from injury two months ago. Shanghai capped Hulk’s career with 145 appearances and 77 goals across all competitions.
- Hulk returned to Brazil on 29 January 2021 and signed a two-year contract with Atlético Mineiro. He helped Diego Tardelli score the fourth goal in the 4–0 victory over Uberlândia in his debut on 7 March. It was a penalty kick that brought him his first league goal on 19 March, in the club’s 3–0 victory over Coimbra.
- Brazil’s Seleçao defeated England 1–0 in a friendly on 14 November 2009 with Hulk making his debut for the national team. He scored his first three international goals in a 3–1 win against Denmark at Hamburg’s Imtech Arena on 26 May 2012.
- The 9 June 2012 friendly against Argentina ended in a 3-4 loss for Hulk. During the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, he was selected as one of three overaged players for Mano Menezes’ Brazilian squad, and he featured in all but one match, scoring in a 1–2 loss to Mexico in the final.
- As a member of Brazil’s confederations cup squad in June 2013, Hulk played. In addition to playing in every Confederations Cup game, he was also Brazil’s starting right-winger during its victory over world champions Spain in the final.
- Hulk had a goal disallowed for handball in the round of 16 against Chile in Belo Horizonte at the 2014 World Cup. He had his penalty saved by Claudio Bravo, despite the fact that Brazil advanced to the next round.
- Hulk was recalled to the Brazil national team for the 2022 FIFA World Cup qualifiers in August 2021, after 5 years of exclusion.
Facts About Hulk (Footballer)
- Does Hulk smoke?: Yes
- Does Hulk drink Alcohol?: Yes
- Hulk is considered one of the strongest strikers in the world.
- Hulk’s best friend is Brazilian footballer Neymar.
- Zenit Saint Petersburg acquired him from Porto for a transfer fee of 60 million euros in September 2012.
- Because of his muscular physique, many people assume that he was named after the fictional superhero character ‘Hulk’. But, it is actually because he looks exactly like the 1960s television superhero played by actor Lou Ferrigno.
- At the 2012 Olympics, he was one of three overage players allowed in Brazil’s squad (players over the age of 23 are allowed in the Olympic soccer tournament).
- As he was transferred to Shanghai Port F.C., the deal set a new transfer record (€58.6 million) for an Asian soccer league.
- During a league game, Hulk stated that Russian official Alexei Matyunin was racist toward him.
- Angelica Aparecida Vieira was in the news for being kidnapped at gunpoint.
When he was a free agent in 2021, Hulk turned down a move to the Premier League and chose to return home to Atletico Mineiro. According to reports, he is now earning around £40,000 a week – a pittance compared to his former salary.
A record amount of £45 million was paid for Hulk’s transfer to Shanghai SIPG from Zenit on 30 June 2016, a deal which made him the most expensive player to join an Asian club. An annual salary of £16.6 million would be earned by him if he makes £320,000 a week.