Quick Start is one of the simplest ways to send data from iPhone to iPhone. Apple has developed this special system to move data from one iPhone to another. It greatly emphasizes data security and privacy to protect your files. You can move Apple credentials and app preferences to your new iPhone along with data. Although it’s a convenient method, it still has some drawbacks.
This article will highlight the best alternatives to Quick Start in a comprehensive manner. You can transfer files from Android to iPhone without complications using the suggested solutions. Thus, let’s discuss the details below.
Part 1: What are the Problems Linked To Quick Start for Transferring Data?
Before knowing how to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone, let’s discuss the issues related to Quick Start. While using Quick Start to transfer data, you may face some problems. There can be certain reasons why Quick Start may struggle to function. Here are some of the common reasons explained below:
- Disabled Internet or Bluetooth Connection: Turn on Wi-Fi or Bluetooth on your devices to shift data. If either of these connections is disabled, Quick Start won’t work.
- Outdated iOS: One of the other major requirements of using Quick Start is updated iOS. If your iPhone runs on the iOS version earlier than 11, the data transfer process won’t execute.
- Errors in the Program: Many times, internal bugs and errors cause the dysfunctionality of the Quick Start. Also, it can affect the data transfer speed negatively.
- Distance Between iPhones: Quick Start requires you to place both iPhones closer for data transfer. However, if both iPhones are placed at a distance, the transfer process won’t occur.
- Insufficient Battery: Another prerequisite of Quick Start is a charged iPhone. The data transfer process may take time, depending on the transferred files. Thus, charged iPhones are necessary in this situation.
Part 2: The Best Alternatives to Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone Without Quick Start
Do you need better solutions than QuickStart? This section will discuss the top 3 more efficient solutions than Quick Start to move data from iPhone to iPhone.
1. Wondershare MobileTrans
Do you know the best Phone Transfer tools in the industry? Well, Wondershare MobileTrans comes top on the list as an expert data transfer software. This tool will facilitate you if you plan to shift to the latest iPhone. It does not have prerequisites like connecting to the internet or Bluetooth. Moreover, it covers a wide range of data types for transfer.
For example, you can transfer ringtones, alarms, wallpaper, voice memos, etc. Also, you can smoothly transfer bookmarks, calendars, and media files from iOS to iOS. Unlike other tools, this software lets you choose the data files before transfer. Thus, selective data transfer won’t take up the entire space on your new phone.
Hence, MobileTrans is a modern tool offering a flexible way to move data from iPhone to iPhone. Do you want to send data from iPhone to iPhone? Following are the instructions that can help you in this regard:
Step 1: Go to the Phone Transfer Module
Ensure the complete installation of Wondershare MobileTrans on your system. Now, click to open its interface and select the “Phone Transfer” module. To proceed, tap “Phone to Phone,” which will display a new window.
Step 2: Connect your iPhones for Data Transfer
To move forward, use MFI-certified USB cables to connect the iPhones to the computer. Once the connection is established, the tool will detect the devices. Now, select the content you want to send to your new iPhone. Tap the “Start” button to proceed with the transfer process to the iPhone. Once the transfer process is finished, you can disconnect the iPhones from the computer.
- Through this tool, you can batch-transfer apps to your new iPhone. It will save you time and effort in reinstalling apps on your new iPhone.
- Do you have stored data on your computer? This tool allows users to export data from their computers to mobile devices.
- To access more advanced features of this tool, you need to buy its subscription plan.
2. iCloud Backup
iCloud Backup is an excellent facility by Apple to restore desired data. iCloud can make automatic and regular backups to save your essential data. Thus, you can use iCloud backup to move data from iPhone to iPhone. Here are the steps that can guide you to transfer data with iCloud backup:
Step 1: Before beginning, ensure you have backed up the data to iCloud on your old iPhone. Afterward, enter the setup process of your new iPhone. During the setup process, connect your new iPhone to an internet connection.
Step 2: Now, proceed by following the on-screen instructions. On the “Apps and Data” screen, tap “Restore from iCloud Backup.” Once done, sign into your iCloud account. From the new iPhone’s screen, select the backup you want to restore and wait until the iCloud backup restore process is finished.
- iCloud backup provides ease of use to the users. It smoothly transitions to the Apple ecosystem for data backups.
- You don’t have to worry about security for iCloud backup data. It is encrypted to create a secure space for your data.
- To transfer data using iCloud backup, you need an iPhone in a factory reset state.
3. iTunes/Finder Backup
iTunes/Finder backup is another simple method to move data across iOS devices. It saves data on the local storage of your computer. You can manage many iOS devices using the same computer through iTunes/Finder. Moreover, you can use these platforms to share data from iPhone to iPhone. To learn more, check the below steps:
Step 1: Start by entering the setup phase of your new iPhone. Now, follow the on-screen instructions until you encounter the “Apps and Data” screen. From there, tap “Restore from Mac or PC” and connect the iPhone to the computer.
Step 2: Here, open iTunes/Finder and select your device. To proceed, ensure that you trust your device. Then, tap “Restore from this Backup,” choose the backup data, and press the “Continue” button to start the backup restore process.
- iTunes/Finder helps in creating a comprehensive backup of your device. It includes the app’s settings, preferences, wallpapers, etc.
- Backing up data on iTunes/Finder is faster than other methods. Thus, you can move data quickly using iTunes/Finder backup.
- Moving data from iTunes/Finder backup can be extensive. You need to follow the steps on your iPhone and computer to complete the process.
Every data transfer solution for iOS devices has drawbacks. Thus, we have come up with an authorized solution through Wondershare MobileTrans. This desktop software has designed an easy-to-access solution to move data from iPhone to iPhone. With the fastest transmission speed, users can share selective data with their new iDevices. Hence, relying on such PC-based tools is always secure and beneficial.