Nikki Sixx is the patron and the lead bassist of the band ‘Mötley Crüe’. Known for his hysterical on-stage antics, Sixx has started it to the list of the ‘100 Most Influential’ Musicians of today. His career initiated at the age of 17 and since then, he has gone on to become one of the most admired bassists in the genre of heavy metal around the world. He originally started off by working in various bands in Los Angeles. Aside from his music career, his autobiography, ‘The Heroin Diaries: A Year in the Life of a Shattered Rock Star’ and ‘The Dirt’, became New York Times best-sellers. He presently hosts the morning radio show, ‘Sixx Sense with Nikki Sixx’ and ‘The Side Show Countdown’.
He also has his own clothing brand entitled, ‘Royal Underground’. Originally, this line concentrated on men’s clothing and has now slowly expanded to women’s wear. Before he got into the world of music, he was making ends meet by working plentiful dead-end jobs. However, he always dreamt of to a songwriter and also dreamt of inserting together the ultimate ‘theatrical’ band, thus composing the ‘Mötley Crüe’.
- Kurt Russell Bio, Movies, Age, Height, Net Worth, Kids & Wiki
- Nick Cannon Bio, Age, Wife, Kids, Net Worth, Movies, TV Shows & Wiki
|Birth Name||Frank Carlton Serafino Feranna, Jr.|
|Nick Name||• Sixxdawg|
• Nikki Sixx
|Age||(as in 2022) 64 Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Sagittarius|
|Birth Place||San Jose, California, United States|
|Date of Birth||11 December 1958|
|Residence||Westlake Village, CA|
|Home Town||San Jose|
|Mother's Name||Deana Richards|
|Father's Name||Frank Ferranno|
|Sister||Lisa Feranna (Died in 2000)|
|Others||• Rodney Anthony Feranna (Half-Brother)|
• Ceci (Half-Sister)
• Serafino Feranna (Paternal Grandfather)
• Frances (Paternal Grandmother)
• Horton Divett Haight (Maternal Grandfather)
• Caleb Haight (Maternal Great-great-great-grandfather)
• Keturah Horton (Maternal Great-great-great-grandmother)
• Don Zimmerman (Uncle) (Capital Records‘ Producer and President)
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Lita Ford (1981-1984)|
• Denise Katrina Matthews (1987)
• Denise Richards (2010)
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Wife/Spouse||• Courtney Sixx (m. 2014)|
• Donna D'Errico (m. 1996–2007)
• Brandi Brandt (m. 1989–1996)
|Marriage Date||Not Available|
|Children||Son- • Gunner Nicholas Sixx|
• Decker Nilsson Sixx
Daughters- • Frankie-Jean Sixx
• Storm Brieanne Sixx
• Ruby Sixx
|School||Roosevelt High School|
|Educational Qualification||Not Available|
|Profession||Musician, Songwriter, Author, Fashion Designer, Radio Host, Photographer, Record Producer|
|Brands Endorsed||Not Available|
|Career Manager||• Tenth Street Entertainment|
• Music Artist Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 184 cm|
in meters- 1.84 m
in feet inches- 6’1”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 85 kg|
in pounds- 187 lbs
|Chest Size||Not Available|
|Biceps Size||Not Available|
|Waist Size||Not Available|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||White|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown (Natural)|
|Dress Size||Not Available|
|Shoe Size||12 (U.S.)|
|Favourite Food||Not Available|
|Favourite Actors||Not Available|
|Favourite Colors||Not Available|
|Favourite Sport||Not Available|
Nikki was born to Frank and Deana Ferranno. When Nikki was in his thirties, he found out that he had a sister with down syndrome. She was older than him. The day before he was to meet her for the first time, she passed away. His father left him and his mother soon after he was born.
He was often swapped between his mother and his grandparents and moved many times to different places. His mother was well known for her long list of boyfriends which even included Richard Pryor. He went to seven schools within 11 years. He moved out of his mother’s home, living in the streets, and sold drugs until he was kicked out.
He went to reside with his grandparents in Idaho and then to Los Angeles, California. He made Mötley Crüe in 1981 with Tommy Lee, Mick Mars, and Vince Neil, after being in many bands, but just after “London”. Evolved his name to Nikki Sixx legally before joining Crüe.
In December of 1987, Nikki was uttered clinically dead due to an overdose. After the incident, Mötley Crüe went into rehab. Nikki married Brandi Brandt in 1989. They had 3 children, Gunner Nicholas (b. 1991), Storm Brieanne (b. 1994), and Dekker Nilsson (b. 1995). They divorced in November 1996.
One month after the divorce, Nikki wedded Donna D’Errico in December 1996 and they had Frankie-Jean Mary (b. 2001). Nikki and Donna briefly separated in 2001 and reconciled months later.
Nikki Sixx Net Worth
Nikki Sixx has a net worth of $45 million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$45 million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||Under Review|
|Annual Salary||Under Review|
|Income Source||Musician, Songwriter, Author, Fashion Designer, Radio Host, Photographer, Record Producer|
In July 2014, Sixx and his wife bought a mansion in Los Angeles suburb Westlake Village for $4.125 million. The 10,300-square-foot, single-story home is set on 1.2 acres. The home has high ceilings, large main rooms, a family room wet bar, and extensive loggias that make the home ideal for entertaining.
A spa sits off the swimming pool and another is by the master suite. The pool cabana has bathrooms, a covered area, and an outdoor shower. There are a total of six bedrooms and eight bathrooms.
Shortly after buying the Westlake Village mansion, Sixx listed his former home in Calabassas for sale for $2.399 million.
Set in a gated community on a third of an acre corner lot, the home has four bedrooms, five bathrooms, wood floors, an office with built-ins, a loft, a music room/home theater, a swimming pool, spa and barbecue center with fireplace and pizza oven. He purchased the home in 2011 for $1.89 million.
- Angela Bassett Bio, Age, Husband, Kids, Net Worth, Movies & Wiki
- Sandra Oh Bio, Age, Height, Husband, Net Worth, Movies, TV Show & Wiki
Nikki Sixx Songs And TV Shows
- After recording a demo with the group, he was fired from the band along with another band-mate, Lizzie Grey. Together, they formed the group, ‘London’ in 1978. He soon departed from the band.
- He left the group and founded the band ‘Mötley Crüe’ in 1980 including Tommy Lee, Mick Mars, and Vince Neil. They recorded their first album, ‘Too Fast for Love’ the subsequent year, which was released under the band’s own record group, Leathür Records.
- On September 26, 1983, the band released their second studio album, ‘Shout at the Devil’, which vaulted the band to widespread national fame.
- From 1985 to 1989, they released a string of albums including ‘Theatre of Pain’, ‘Girls, Girls, Girls’, and the hit album, ‘Dr. Feelgood’.
- The band was doing exceptionally well around this time, but Sixx had become addicted to heroin and visited rehabilitation centers a number of times by now.
- On October 1, 1991, the band released a compilation album of all their hit songs titled, ‘Decade of Decadence’. Three years later, they released a self-titled album with the newest band member, John Corabi, before they fired him in 1996.
- In 1997, they released the album, ‘Generation Swine’, which was the seventh heavy metal album by the band. After two years, Tommy Lee left the band and formed the temporary group, ‘Methods of Mayhem’. His position was taken over by Randy Castillo.
- In 2000, the group remixed all of their songs and compiled it in an album titled, ‘New Tattoo’. The next year, Sixx penned the best-seller autobiography, ‘The Dirt’, which labeled the band as ‘the world’s most notorious rock band’.
- In 2000, he formed project ‘58’, which is an internet-based alternative project. He founded this along with Dave Darling, Steve Gibb, and Bucket Baker. The group released their debut album ‘Diet for a New America’ and also released a single titled, ‘Piece of Candy’.
- During the Mötley Crüe’s hiatus, Sixx formed ‘Brides of Destruction’ along with Tracii Guns from 2002 to 2004. They released the album, ‘Here Come the Brides’, which became a huge hit. In October 2004, the group decided that they would go on a hiatus while Sixx returned to the ‘Mötley Crüe’.
- The ‘Mötley’ Crüe finally reunited in 2004. Two years later, the band went on a reunion tour with all the original members of the band.
- In 2006, he formed the group ‘Sixx: A.M.’, which was formed initially to record an audio supplement to his autobiography, ‘The Heroin Diaries: A Year in the Life of a Shattered Rock Star’ that was published the next year.
- In 2008, they announced the first-of-its-kind ‘Crüe Fest’, which featured Sixx’s side project ‘Sixx: A.M., Buckcherry, Papa Roach, and Trapt’. The same year, they released their ninth studio album, ‘Saints of Los Angeles’.
- He launched his own radio show called ‘Sixx Sense with Nikki Sixx’, which aired on all major rock/alternative music stations from February 8, 2010. Two years later, the show was moved to the morning slot. Apart from this radio show, he also hosts a sideshow called ‘The Side Show with Nikki Six’, which is a weekend program.
|1981||Too Fast for Love|
|1983||Shout at the Devil|
|1985||Theatre of Pain|
|1987||Girls, Girls, Girls|
|2000||Diet for a New America|
|2004||Here Come the Brides|
|2007||The Heroin Diaries Soundtrack|
|2008||Saints of Los Angeles|
|2011 ||This Is Gonna Hurt|
|2014 ||Modern Vintage|
|2016||Prayers for the Damned, Vol. 1|
Prayers for the Blessed, Vol. 2
Production and Songwriting List
|1989||Fire and Gasoline|
|2002||Back into Your System|
|2003||Couldn't Have Said It Better|
|2005||Here I Am|
|2006||Bat Out of Hell III: The Monster Is Loose|
|2007||Set Me Free|
|2008 ||Sunset Man|
|2009||Whatever Gets You Off|
|2010||Tattoos & Tequila|
‘The Dirt’ Movie
Production on the Mötley Crüe biopic The Dirt, based on the band’s best-selling autobiography with Strauss and featuring actor Douglas Booth as Sixx, began in early 2018. The film premiered on Netflix in March 2019, with the band contributing four new songs to its soundtrack.
Thanks in part to a resurgence of fan interest sparked by the movie, Sixx and his old bandmates announced in late 2019 that Mötley Crüe planned to reunite and head out on tour.
On December 23, 1987, Sixx was declared dead for two minutes after a heroin overdose. He was revived by paramedics and taken to the hospital, which he escaped to rush home and shoot up in his bathroom. Soon after this near-death event, Sixx and his bandmates went into rehab. Later, the band produced their most successful album to date, Dr. Feelgood (1989), which remained on the charts for 114 weeks.
- Sixx has a huge social media fanbase with his official Facebook page hitting more than 1.5 million followers, his Twitter with more than 800k followers, and Instagram with more than 1 million followers.
- He grew up listening to Deep Purple, Harry Nilsson, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Queen, Black Sabbath, Elton John, T. Rex, David Bowie, and Slade.
- He was a trouble-maker back in his youth and was sent to Seattle to live with his mother. Sixx stayed in Seattle for a short span of time where he also learned to play the bass guitar. At the time, he was able to buy himself his first instrument using the money earned from a guitar he had stolen.
- At the age of 17, he initiated working on several jobs including a job at a liquor store and working as a vacuum cleaner seller over the phone.
- He founded the band Mötley Crüe with drummer Tommy Lee.
- In 2010, Sixx became the host of Premiere Radio Networks‘ rock-alternative music radio programs Sixx Sense and The Side Show Countdown alongside Jenn Marino.
- In 1989, Sixx and Mötley Crüe released their 5th studio album titled Dr. Feelgood which turned out to be their most successful album, topping the music charts for 114 weeks after its release.
- A portion of the profits earned from Sixx: A.M.‘s album The Heroin Diaries Soundtrack and his autobiography The Heroin Diaries: A Year in the Life of a Shattered Rock Star has been donated to help the Covenant House. Apart from that, Sixx has auctioned his personal items to help fund the Running Wild in the Night and was able to raise more than $100,000.