Donyell Malen is a Dutch professional footballer who plays as a forward for Bundesliga club Borussia Dortmund. He was born on 19 January 1999. The footballer has also played for the club’s Ajax and Arsenal. Having represented the Netherlands at youth levels between U15 and U19, he has played at the international level for a number of years. Having been born in Wieringen, Hollands Kroon, Malen began his career with Ajax in 2007. He left the Amsterdam Arena in 2015, in spite of a great deal of resistance coming from Ajax, to venture to England.
In the process of doing so, he declined offers from Manchester United and Chelsea and chose instead to play for Arsenal. Thierry Henry and Dennis Bergkamp are two of Malen’s heroes and he wanted to be a part of the team of his heroes. In the 2015-2016 season, Malen started to play for the youth teams of Arsenal in the Youth Premier League together with the FA Youth Cup, and the UEFA Youth League. As a result, he was beginning to display his impressive talent during this, his debut season with the Gunners.
Donyell Malen Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||Donyell Malen|
|Age||23 (as in 2022) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Capricorn|
|Born Place||Wieringen, Netherlands|
|Date of Birth||19 January 1999|
|Home Town||Wieringen, Netherlands|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Horse Riding|
|Mother's Name||Mariska Manshanden|
|Father's Name||Robert Malen|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Delisha Chanayla Malen|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Wife/Spouse||Delisha Chanayla Malen (to be)|
Sons- London Felipe Lou Malen
|Educational Qualification||Not Available|
|Career Manager/ Player Agent||Mino Raiola|
|Debut Club||• 2021: Borussia Dortmund |
• July 2018: PSV
• 2017: Jong PSV
• 2015: Arsenal F.C.
|Debut International||• 2018: Netherlands national football team|
|Jersey Number||• 18 (Borussia Dortmund)|
• 8 (Netherlands national football team)
|Current Team(s)||• Borussia Dortmund|
• Netherlands national football team
|Position||Attack - Centre-Forward|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 176 cm|
in meters- 1.76 m
in feet inches- 5'9”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 68 kg|
in pounds- 150 lbs
|Chest Size||40 inches|
|Biceps Size||12 inches|
|Waist Size||30 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Born in the Netherlands, Malen is of Surinamese descent.|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Distinctive Features||Not Available|
|Dress Size||8 U.S.|
|Shoe Size||10 U.S.|
|Favorite Playing Position||Forward|
|Favorite Car||Mercedes Benz|
|Favorite Food||Fruits and Veg|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||Iphone|
The following is a biography of Donyell Malen that gives you a look into his Childhood Story, Early Life, Parents, Family, Girlfriend/Wife-to-Be, Lifestyle, Net Worth, and Personal Life.
A brief overview of the history of Dutch professional footballers, of Wieringen origin, is presented here. We begin with his early days when he reached the height of his fame.
Here is a picture of Donyell Malen’s life in order to give you a taste of the engaging nature of his biography.
Yes, everyone has heard about his outstanding dribbling skills and prolific goal-scoring ability. Nevertheless, only a few people have taken the time to consider Donyell Malen’s biography, which is quite interesting. So without further ado, let’s get started.
The birthday of Donyell Malen was on the 19th day of January 1999 at Wieringen, a town in the Netherlands. His mother, Mariska Manshanden, and his father, Robert Malen, were married and he was the result of their union.
He is a Dutch national of mixed ethnicity with Surinamese roots. He was raised in his birthplace in Wieringen, a small village in North Holland, where he was born. He grew up being the only child without any biological siblings.
Malen was a dark boy growing up in Wieringen who stood out among all the white houses in the village because of his uncanny ability to feature in competitive games for club W Succes when he was just four years old.
Malen, who was five years old in 2004, had begun his career-building process at HVV Hollandia by the age of 5 and had spent no less than three years learning a new skill set.
At the same time, Malen was expected to become a key member of a top-flight football club academy, as well as the Dutch national team.
In the following years, Malen’s life practically revolved around football as the years went by.
It was due to this that he was unable to afford a rich social life outside of the sport. His room at home also put him neck-deep in soccer since it was decorated with posters of his childhood hero and mentor Ronaldinho.
The football career of Malen began as a 9-year-old, soon to be admitted into the youth system of Ajax, where he spent the majority of his youth career (about 8 years) plying his trade as an excellent attacker.
Despite the fact that the management of Ajax’s talented junior team was yet to reveal its plans to Donyell, Arsenal came in with juicy offers, including a contract proposal, for the football prodigy.
The club did make good on their promises to Donyell as he was given opportunities to appear in most of the Youth Premier League matches, as well as making his debut for the club’s senior team during The Gunners’ 2-0 victory over Sydney FC in July 2017.
It was barely a month later that Arsenal made the decision to sell Malen to PSV Eindhoven, as the English club felt the then 20-year-old had failed to make enough progress in his 13 months with the club.
The news of the controversial ‘let go’ was met with outrage from fans, who described it as ‘Worse than losing Alexis Sanchez.’
In the first year of his career at PSV 11, Malen made great progress in leaps and bounds, and he has been designated the best talent in the 2017-18 Jupiler League.
After this, he went on to make his PSV debut in a 4-0 Eredivisie victory over PEC in February 2018 and to win the Eredivisie title for PSV in the same year.
It is likely that at the time of writing, Malen is one of the most prolific goal scorers in the Dutch league, who is being pursued by a number of premiership clubs, including Liverpool FC and his former team, Arsenal F.C. The rest, as they say, is history.
There are only a few names that make Malen smile when he mentions his girlfriend – Delisha – especially when they are shared together. But what do we know about the potential better half at this point in time?
I would like to start by saying that she is a natural brunette who loves to travel and eat good food. Additionally, she has a great deal of affection for keeping her private life away from the prying eyes of the press.
Even though not much is known about when the two lovebirds met and started dating, they are generally regarded as perfect couples who aspire to walk down the aisle before welcoming son(s) and daughter(s) into their home to share their love.
The family is where Malen’s life really began and it is where he will always find love and support. Here are a few facts about the Malen family. Here are a few facts about Robert Malen, the father of Donyell Malen. While Malen was growing up, he played football for the Surinamese youth team.
Even though Robert got separated from Malen’s mother a long time after they met, he remains close to his celebrity son who regards him as a father figure.
There is a woman named Mariska Manshanden who is the mother of Donyell Malen. As a mother, she played an important role in the life and rise of her son by taking him to train no less than three times a week.
Furthermore, she moved to London to keep him company, and of course, she made it a point to cheer Malen from the stands alongside his biological father Robert in order to support his son.
Malen was the only son born out of the union between his mom and dad. Therefore, he has no biological brothers or sisters, but he has half-siblings who were born to his father as a result of another relationship.
In addition to Malen’s immediate family, he also has a grandfather and grandmother, identified as loop and Marian, respectively, whereas at the time of writing there are no existing records of Malen’s uncles, aunts, cousins, nieces, or nephews.
Doyen Malen is a person who possesses an awesome personality that reflects the cool and awesome characteristics of individuals who are governed by the Capricorn Zodiac Sign. His traits include being confident, organized, intelligent, and religiously motivated.
In terms of his personal and private life, the playmaker rarely divulges details about himself. He has a few interests and hobbies that he enjoys. Some of them include swimming, fishing, and spending time with friends and family.
In spite of that, he has a market value of 18 million euros as of the year 2019. The salary he receives per annum seems to be increasing with every passing year.
In response to this, the attacking talent lives a luxurious lifestyle in his apartment in Eindhoven, where he resides with his girlfriend. Aside from that, he rides in a nice car and he plans on purchasing a house in the near future.
To conclude the story of Donyell Malen’s childhood and biography, here are a few lesser-known facts about him. As of the time of writing, Malen has no hair, nor does he have any tattoos of him on his body. In fact, he is rather focused on improving his physique. As well as his stamina and possibly height so he can compete in aerial duels in the future.
The playmaker does not seem to be very interested in religion and has not yet given clear indications of what his beliefs are. As a result, the question of whether he is a Christian, a Muslim, or an atheist cannot be definitively answered.
Donyell Malen Net Worth
How much does he earn in 2022?
A contract was signed in August 2021 between the forward and Borussia Dortmund providing him with a whopping salary of 6 million euros (4.8 million pounds) a year. We have crunched the numbers, which means that he earns €3,288 (£2,744) per day and €137 (£114) per hour!
Salary & Net Worth Updated 2022
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||7 Million Euro (5,9 Million Pound)|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||Not Available|
|Annual Salary||6 Million Euro (4.8 Million Pound)|
|Per Month Salary||€500,000 (£434,783)|
|Per Week Salary||€115,385 (£100,334)|
|Per Day Salary||€16,438 (£14,294)|
|Per Hour Salary||€685 (£595)|
|Per Minute Salary||€11 (£10)|
|Current Contract||With Borussia Dortmund|
|Contract Signed||Jul 27, 2021|
|Contract Expires||Jun 30, 2026|
|Contract Signing Amount or Transfer Fee||$33.00 Million|
|Market Value||$29.70 Million|
|Highest Market Value||$33.00 Million (Mar 9, 2021)|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||Mercedes Benz|
He’s got a very good agent in his name, Mino Raiola, and as a result, he made a great deal when he went to Dortmund. At the current moment, the market value of our striker is about 30 million euros (24.2 million pounds) and his net worth is approximately 7 million euros (5,9 million pounds).
Donyell Malen Stats/ Rating In FIFA 22
Currently, Donyell Malen is 23 years old and he plays as a Striker for Borussia Dortmund in Germany. He has an overall rating of 79 on FIFA 22 with a potential of 85.
Donyell Malen FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|69||Heading Accuracy||61||FK Accuracy|
|75||Short Passing||64||Long Passing|
Malen has received a rating of 4 stars for his skillmoves. His preferred method of shooting is with his right foot. According to him, his work rate is Medium / Medium. The height of Malen is 176 cm and his weight is estimated to be 68 kg according to the data we have. Currently, Donyell Malen is playing with the numbers 18 and 21.
Malen began his football career with Ajax in 2007 after growing up in Wieringen, Hollands Kroon. In 2015, following much resistance from Ajax, he signed a contract with the English club Arsenal and left Ajax for the first time in his career. The reason why Malen joined Arsenal was the fact that they were the team of his heroes, Thierry Henry and Dennis Bergkamp.
Donyell Malen in Arsenal
- During the 2015/2016 season, Malen started playing for the youth teams of Arsenal in the Youth Premier League, as well as the FA Youth Cup, and the UEFA Youth League.
- The young Gunners midfielder began to show his impressive talent during his first season with the club.
- The Arsenal Youth team won the FA Youth Cup on penalties in the quarter-final against Coventry City, which he scored in.
- A player who came off the bench and scored against Manchester City in the semi-final of the 2016 FA Youth Cup at the Emirates Stadium. He played 30 times throughout the season and scored 14 goals.
- It should be noted that Malen played a great deal on the wing in the 2016–17 season and was also included in the club’s 2017–18 pre-season tour to Australia and China.
- On 13 July 2016, he made his senior debut for Arsenal in a 2–0 win over Sydney.
Donyell Malen at PSV Eindhoven
- Malen was sold by Arsenal to PSV Eindhoven at the end of August of last year.
- Malen was selected to play as a winger for Jong PSV. Malen scored a brace in the 6–0 thumping of Telstar on 24 November by Jong PSV.
- On 27 November, he scored again for PSV II in their 3–0 victory over FC Oss. Malen scored a goal and added an assist during PSV II’s 2–3 loss to Fortuna on 4 December.
- At the Go Ahead Eagles game on 12 December, he again scored in a 1–1 draw. On the following Tuesday, Malen was named as a member of Voetbal International’s Jupiler League team of the week.
- On the 29th of January 2018, Malen received the Bronze Bull for being the overall Best Talent in the second period of the 2017-2018 Jupiler League.
- The 31-year-old went on to make his PSV debut in a 4–0 win over PEC Zwolle in the Eredivisie on 3 February.
- The PSV team went on to win the 2018 Eredivisie title under Malen. In addition, he ended the 2017–18 season as the top scorer for Jong PSV.
- Malen scored all five goals for PSV as they thrashed Vitesse 5-0 on 14 September 2019.
- It was on 29 October 2020 that he scored two goals in a 2–1 away win over AC Omonia in the 2020–21 UEFA Europa League.
- As his club finished second in the Eredivisie during the 2020–21 season, Malen had his most productive season with PSV, scoring 19 goals in 32 matches in 32 matches.
- As well as scoring 8 goals and registering 10 assists across Europa League and KNVB Cup competitions, he also contributed 10 corners, demonstrating his versatility as a forward.
Donyell Malen with Borussia Dortmund
The 27th of July 2021 marked the completion of Malen’s move to the Bundesliga club Borussia Dortmund, signing a five-year contract.
- Malen was born in the Netherlands and is of Surinamese descent. As a player of the Oranje during the 2016 Under 17 Euro which took place in Azerbaijan, Malen played throughout the tournament where the Oranje reached the semi-finals.
- After playing for the Netherlands’ under-18 team, he went on to feature for the senior team as well.
- As well as that, in December 2016, Malen was called up for the Dutch squad for the 2017 UEFA European Under-19 Championship in March 2017, Malen equalized for the Dutch during a U18 game against Austria in the 86th minute to secure a 1–1 draw.
- He was a part of the Dutch squad that participated in a four-team tournament, scoring an equalizer in the 90th minute against Portugal and then a brace in a 9-0 victory over Finland.
- Malen scored the winning goal in a U19 Euro qualifier on 7 October to seal Netherlands’s victory over Hungary, securing a 2–0 win at home.
- A few days later, Malen scored in extra time to secure a 2–2 draw with Slovenia, ensuring that the Netherlands finished top of their group and qualified for the 2018 U19 European Championships.
- On 9 November, with the score locked at 1-1, Malen scored the winning goal from a free kick in a friendly match against Italy U19s.
- Afterward, Malen scored a brace for the Netherlands U19 team in a friendly away to Serbia.
- Malen made his senior international debut for the Netherlands on 6 September 2019, when he faced Germany in a UEFA Euro 2020 qualifier in Hamburg.
- It was in the 58th minute when he came off the bench and scored his team’s third goal in a 4–2 victory.
Facts About Donyell Malen
- Dad Robert is of Surinamese origin. That means that we know where our winger’s athleticism comes from. His dad is in good shape for his age.
- Mum Mariska is Dutch. During his development as a footballer, she played an important role in his development. Throughout his football career, she has been a pillar of strength for him. He’s lucky to have a mum like her.
- His grandmother Marian is also really special to him. As she shares a few bits about the things he did as a child, she gets nostalgic.
- It is worth mentioning that Malen is a very fast player who has outstanding dribbling skills and an exceptional ability to score goals frequently.
- Malen has been liked by ex-Ajax youth coach Brian Tevreden as well as Chilean forward Alexis Sanchez.
- After earning rave reviews during his time at the Ajax youth academy, over the course of five years, Malen had plenty of suitors to choose from before signing for Arsenal in 2015.
- The opportunity to represent your country usually represents something that is considered one of the pinnacles for footballers around the world. Earning a call-up to your national team can be a moment of great pride for footballers around the world.
- It is true that he has smashed his way to the top of the scoring charts in the Netherlands, but he has also played his part for the club in European competitions as well.
- As one of the most well-known names in football without even having played the sport, Malen’s agent is none other than the notorious Mino Raiola.
Where was Malen born?
What club does Malen play?
- Borussia Dortmund
- Netherlands national football team
How good is Donyell Malen?
Malen is often credited for his capabilities without the ball. He possesses a blistering pace and stamina. At the Euros, Malen clocked a top speed of 31.3 km/h, the third-highest in the entire Dutch squad. It is an amazing metric for a forward.
What number is Malen?
- 21: Borussia Dortmund
- 18: Netherlands national football team
A look at Donyell Malen’s life story reveals that our career path is not solely dependent on our childhood dreams when it comes to our career path. The fact that kids compelled him to stay in the post against his wishes was an opportunity for him to build himself up.
In our opinion, the parents should be commended for the fact that they have devoted a large part of their money to enrolling Donyell Malen in a sports academy. It is true they will be very proud of the fact that he never wasted the opportunity he had to succeed in his endeavors.
Thank you for taking out your precious time to read Woodgram’s version of Donyell Malen’s Biography. Our team of writers and researchers care about the accuracy of our content on Dutch Footballers. Please let us know if you spot any wrongs in our article.
On a final note, we would appreciate your feedback (below as a comment) on what you think about Donyell Malen, including our biography of him. Now, stay tuned for more Dutch Football Stories from WoodGram.