Tara Sutaria Profile, Bio, Height, Affair, Family, Wiki
Tara Sutaria (born 19 November 1995) is an Indian actress. She started her television career as a child artist in 2010 with Disney India’s Big Bada Boom and went on to star in the channel’s sitcoms The Suite Life of Karan & Kabir (2012) and Oye Jassie (2013). Sutaria made her film debut in 2019 with the teen drama Student of the Year 2.
Tara Sutaria Family
Sutaria was born into a Zoroastrian Parsi family on 19 November 1995. She has a twin sister named Pia. Both trained in classical ballet, modern dance and Latin American dances at the School of Classical Ballet and Western Dance, Royal Academy of Dance, United Kingdom and the Imperial Society for Teachers of Dancing, United Kingdom.
She has been a professional singer since she was seven years old, having sung in operas and competitions since then. She received a bachelor’s degree in Mass Media from St. Andrew’s College of Arts, Science, and Commerce.
Parents: Father- Himanshu Sutaria
Mother- Tina Sutaria
Siblings: Brother- None
Sister- Pia Sutaria (Twins)
Tara Sutaria Profile
Profession(s): Actress, Singer, Dancer
Tara Sutaria Physical Stats
Height (approx.): in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet inches- 5’ 5”
Weight (approx.): in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
Figure Measurements: (approx.) 32-26-34
Eye Colour: Brown
Hair Colour: Black
Bra Size: 32 Inches
Waist Size: 26 Inches
Hip Size: 34 Inches
Shoe Size: 8 (US)
Dress Size: 4 (US)
Body Type: Hourglass
Tara Sutaria Career Up’s
Debut Film (actress): Student of the Year 2 (2019)
Tara Sutaria film debut: Student of the Year 2 (2019)
TV (host): Big Bada Boom (2010)
TV (actress): The Suite Life of Karan & Kabir (2012)
Tara Sutaria Personal Life
Date of Birth: 19 November 1995
Age: (as in 2018) 23 Years
Birthplace: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Zodiac sign/Sun sign: Scorpio
Hometown: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
School: Bai Avabai Framji Petit Girls’ High School, Mumbai
College: St. Andrew’s College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Mumbai
Educational Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in Mass Media
Hobbies: Singing, Dancing, Travelling, Sketching
Tara Sutaria Boyfriend/Husband
Marital Status: Unmarried
Affairs/Boyfriends: Rohan Vinod Mehra (Actor, Rumoured)
Tara Sutaria Favorite Things
Favorite Actor: Ranbir Kapoor
Favorite Actress: Kangana Ranaut
Favorite TV Show(s): Bigg Boss, MTV Splitsvilla
Favorite Film: Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani (2009)
Favorite Cricketer(s): Sachin Tendulkar, Virat Kohli
Favorite Singer(s): Taylor Swift, Yo Yo Honey Singh, Barbra Streisand, Whitney Houston
Favorite Song: ‘I Will Always Love You’ by Whitney Houston
Favorite Author: Ravinder Singh
Favorite Colour: Red
Tara Sutaria Career/Movies
Sutaria started her association with Disney Channel India as a video jockey and continued to be associated with them, having two successful sitcoms to her credit. She has also been recording music in India and abroad for films, advertisements, and her own original work. Her song “Slippin’ Through My Fingers” is part of the Ashwin Gidwani Production of Bharat Dhabholkar’s Blame It On Yashraj. She has also played the lead role of Sandy in Raell Padamsee’s production of the musical Grease. She has recorded and performed solo concerts in London, Tokyo, Lavasa, and Mumbai. She has performed with Louiz Banks, Mikey McCleary and has also been a soloist for the Stop-Gaps Choral Ensemble, singing at the NCPA for over a decade. She was one of the top seven finalists of the 2008 “Pogo Amazing Kids Awards” in the singer category. She received recognition for her roles as Vinnie in The Suite Life of Karan & Kabir and Jassie in Oye Jassie.
Sutaria was among two actresses selected for the part of Princess Jasmine in the American fantasy film Aladdin (2019) but lost the role to Naomi Scott. She made her film debut with Punit Malhotra’s coming-of-age teen film Student of the Year 2 (2019) alongside Tiger Shroff and Ananya Pandey. Produced by Karan Johar, it served as a standalone sequel to Student of the Year (2012) and narrates the story of a college student (portrayed by Shroff) who competes to win an annual school championship. She essayed the character of Mia Chawla, Shroff’s childhood sweetheart. Reviewing the film for The Indian Express, Shubhra Gupta wrote, “Sutaria is perfectly put together and yet looks assembly-line produced”.
Sutaria is set to feature in two upcoming films, beginning with the thriller Marjaavaan, which co-stars Sidharth Malhotra, Riteish Deshmukh, and Rakul Preet Singh. She will then feature in Milan Luthria’s romantic thriller Tadap, opposite newcomer Ahan Shetty son of actor Suniel Shetty.
Some Known Facts About Tara
- Does Tara Sutaria smoke?: No
- Does Tara Sataria drink alcohol?: Yes
- At the age of just 7, Tara Sutaria started singing, and so far, she has sung in many operas and stage competitions both nationally and internationally.
- She has recorded and performed solo concerts in Tokyo, London, Lavasa, Mumbai, etc.
- She has also performed with the famous Nepalese singer “Louis Banks” & New Zealand performer “Mikey McCleary” at various concerts.
- Tara Sutaria has been a solo singer for the ‘Stop-Gaps Choral Ensemble’ of the Stop-Gaps Cultural Academy.
- She has also been singing at the NCPA (National Centre for the Performing Arts) for more than 10 years.
- She is also a trained dancer and has received her training in classical ballet, modern dance, and Latin American dance from ‘The School Of Classical Ballet & Western Dance,’ ‘Royal Academy of Dance, UK,’ and ‘Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing, UK.’
- In 2008, she was one of the top seven nominations “Pogo Amazing Kids Awards” in the singer’s category.
- In 2011, Tara participated in an Indian reality TV show ‘Entertainment Ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega,’ where she won INR 10,000.
- She is also a skilled sketch artist and has presented her artworks to Farah Khan and Anu Malik during the show ‘Entertainment Ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega.’
- After that, she started working as a Video Jockey with Disney Channel India.
- Sutaria has played the lead role in Raell Padamsee’s production of the musical Grease.
- In 2010, Tara Sutaria hosted the TV show ‘Big Bada Boom’ that was aired on Disney India.
- She is considered as the ‘Indian Miley Cyrus.’
- She has lent her voice for films like ‘Taare Zameen Par’ (2007) and ‘Guzaarish’ (2010).
- Tara made her acting debut in 2012 with the TV serial ‘The Suite Life of Karan & Kabir’ as Vinita Mishra/Vinnie.
- In 2015, she was invited to TEDx in Mumbai where she performed The Phantom of the Opera’s ‘Think of Me’ and American singer Whitney Houston’s ‘I Will Always Love You.’
- Tara Sutaria has been featured in several TV commercials like Hamdard Safi, etc.
- She has been endorsing various brands like Jet Gems, Swarovski, etc.
- Tara was the first choice to portray the role of ‘Jasmine in the remake of Disney’s “Aladdin” but the role was eventually played by Naomi Scott.
- She is the childhood friend of the singer Armaan Malik.
- She is a dog lover.